The Official Magnepan Owners Thread - Page 169 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 213Likes

post #5041 of 5043 Old Today, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1563 Post(s)
Liked: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Evazan View Post
Hi folks, figured I'd share my setup.
MG3a's taht my dad has owned since the 80's, completely restored by Magnepan last year (cost about 1300$ with shipping if anyone is curious).
Snell Sub 1800 for now, driven by an Inuke DSP3000 (I'm assembling two 4cu ft sealed flat packs for Ultimax 18's which will replace the snell)
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen1
Denon x3300 with Audyssey XT32 always used, and a 60hz crossover set for the Maggies, but im going to switch to 80hz once i have the dual sub setup and my subs are hopefully less localizable than the one is now.

I recognize those from about 25 years ago. Those were in my master bedroom system and rotated between my Sequerra Met 7s and the MG3s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 5043 Old Today, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 View Post
^^^ Nice setup! Very similar to what I had, MG-IIIa's and a Gen1 XPA-2 to drive them. I bought the black trim for my XPA-2 because I liked the look better.

Mom: "Make up your bed!"

Is that a Kef center? I have one that loos something like that...
Thanks! I've tried to convince my dad to remove the trim but he likes it.

And at 23 and a college graduate, she's still reminding me

Yes its a Kef reference series 200c. I love the Uni-Q coaxial, it makes having a horizontal center not so bad. It's by far the best center I've ever had. I bought it because we used to have Kef 104/2's so i figured it'd be the best timbre match possible for them. Now i've thrown that concept out of the window haha
post #5043 of 5043 Old Today, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 2051 Post(s)
Liked: 1621
Yup, I have a pair of Kef Q70's and a Model 100 from their old "Reference" series upstairs.

N.B.: Maggies do not like direct sunlight. I made sleeves for mine by taping together a couple of heavy black trash bags to cover them during the day when I wasn't listening to them.

Enjoy 'em! - Don

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Magnepan , Magnepan Mmg , Magnepan Mini Maggie System , Magnepan Mg 1 7 , Magnepan Mg 3 7