AV123 Forum is down. - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by volta View Post

Quick question for Mark or AV123.
Second week of Sept I ordered the Labor Day Rockets package, and was guaranteed they would arrive by Thanksgiving. It's getting awfully close, are we still on track?

I was updated on this a few days ago... I believe we are GOLDEN... ON TIME!



All the best...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

Mark is only great if he gives us another HUGE thanksgiving week sale and also puts some of his products on ebay so I can get ANOTHER 25% OFF!!!

I do honestly believe that what I'm about to do for THIS Black Friday will be talked about for some years to come...

We have had a very good year at av123... We are up just over 16% from last year - but margins are down about 5%...

We had some issues in Cali with Cost Of Goods Sold that flagged our margins hard... We learned... we lived... and we are about to announce some new partnerships here in America to build some of our products... I'm going to post about that soon...

I guess I will need to pull some stuff out of my part two of my letter about "if av123 is still in business"... it would seem that we are getting a lot of worried calls... Of course we are - and the main owners (the Liederman's and the Schifter's) are in pretty good shape...

Back at you soon...

I also want to apologize for my harsh tones earlier... (Mr. "M" - beatcoster man...)... I'm really sick and tired of some of the crap I have gone through for the last few weeks - and my upset over took my good sense... Sorry all...

All the best...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
post #93 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam-DiVine View Post

Mark, I don't know how you do it; it is just so damn hard to hold your tongue sometimes! Can't wait to read the rest of your letter.

Beatcoaster is a really good guy...

Truth is - this is how he desires to be heard... I'm all good with that...

He is a cool guy that has waited... the information throughput has not been as good as it should have been - so - there is a good portion of the blame resting on these shoulders... OTOH... there are MUCH BETTER ways to "be heard"...

Our forum has become more of a "social networking site" more than anything else... and I've taken a crash course on how to deal with that... It's HUGE in fact what is really going on there...

Some Dickies BBQ just helped me calm the savage beast a bit... (YES, Dickies in Superior, Colorado --- YES!)... and I'm back at it...

All the best...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
post #94 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Member
 
freeflap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: maryland
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
to Mark and Jess:
please add the av123 PHONE numbers to your signature line. Helps the newbs find you when the website is down.

my 2 cents.

As for the server back ups, I have dealt with this issue in my work as well. Very annoying and impossible to predict. Rather than run your own apache server as the PRIMARY, i would run it as the back up. Have a skeleton webpage (without the forum, but keep the commerce end) built that looks like your main page, run apache as the BACK UP. tell your web host to redirect traffic to the in house server when theirs is down. May save you some down time and lost calls / orders.

more of my 2 cents...
freeflap is offline  
post #95 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflap View Post

to Mark and Jess:
please add the av123 PHONE numbers to your signature line. Helps the newbs find you when the website is down.

my 2 cents.

As for the server back ups, I have dealt with this issue in my work as well. Very annoying and impossible to predict. Rather than run your own apache server as the PRIMARY, i would run it as the back up. Have a skeleton webpage (without the forum, but keep the commerce end) built that looks like your main page, run apache as the BACK UP. tell your web host to redirect traffic to the in house server when theirs is down. May save you some down time and lost calls / orders.

more of my 2 cents...

Very good idea...

I'm on it now...

We are going to do it differently than we did before... I have some preliminary plans in front of me for Primary - Secondary and Tertiary positions... Wow, this is going to cost a ton - but it IS The Business...

Thanks...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
post #96 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
penngray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 26,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:


I also want to apologize for my harsh tones earlier... (Mr. "M" - beatcoster man...)... I'm really sick and tired of some of the crap I have gone through for the last few weeks - and my upset over took my good sense... Sorry all...

If you have paypal, I will send you $$$ so you can have a drink on me!! I remember some dark business days in my history

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
penngray is offline  
post #97 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
volta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter View Post

I was updated on this a few days ago... I believe we are GOLDEN... ON TIME!



All the best...

mls

Thank you sir, this is great news! I appreciate the quick reply.
Have a great weekend, the weather should be very nice for us these next few days!
volta is offline  
post #98 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

If you have paypal, I will send you $$$ so you can have a drink on me!! I remember some dark business days in my history

I'm good...

but thanks.........

I do plan on an adult beverage or two tonight at the Gala for the ballet company Gracie (my Granddaughter) dances under contract for... Tonight is The Nouveau At Night fund raiser... Good excuse in my book

The pounding will surely end soon... I wrote about some fairly personal stuff on our forum about these last few weeks... I have fought some really bad health issues (nothing too new there)... a horrible time getting the final details of my parents estate dealt with in So Cal (cannot even begin to describe what happens when millions of dollars are at stake - it was UGLY )... Lynn's emergency surgery - and then that damn break-in attempt at av's HQ... I woke up feeling GREAT the other day - and then WHAMMO...

We'll see what's next... Hopefully it will be fun...

All the best... and thanks...

mark

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
post #99 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Member
 
A-Rone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter View Post

I'm good...

but thanks.........

I do plan on an adult beverage or two tonight at the Gala for the ballet company Gracie (my Granddaughter) dances under contract for... Tonight is The Nouveau At Night fund raiser... Good excuse in my book

The pounding will surely end soon... I wrote about some fairly personal stuff on our forum about these last few weeks... I have fought some really bad health issues (nothing too new there)... a horrible time getting the final details of my parents estate dealt with in So Cal (cannot even begin to describe what happens when millions of dollars are at stake - it was UGLY )... Lynn's emergency surgery - and then that damn break-in attempt at av's HQ... I woke up feeling GREAT the other day - and then WHAMMO...

We'll see what's next... Hopefully it will be fun...

All the best... and thanks...

mark

Mark - It certainly hasn't been fun for you and your company over the past couple of weeks. Looks like your on top of it as always. BIG Hugs to you from Utah.
Aaron
A-Rone is offline  
post #100 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Senior Member
 
BinaryLinguist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well with the forum down yesterday, I got enough accomplished yesterday at work to allow me to take today off. Now with it down today, I finished up most of the yard work. This thing needs to get fixed soon or my wife is going to start thinking I've been abducted by aliens.

------------------------------------------------------
BinaryLinguist
BinaryLinguist is offline  
post #101 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Mac11700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Watch the diet Mark..you don't want to wind up gaining back all you lost there...

Hang in there my friend..everything will work itself out..including the forum...and you do remember what Sue always says.." Everything for a reason"
Perhaps a nice clean house there isn't such a bad thing after all...
It was good talking with you how ever briefly today..If you need anything let me know.

Mac
Mac11700 is offline  
post #102 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLinguist View Post

Well with the forum down yesterday, I got enough accomplished yesterday at work to allow me to take today off. Now with it down today, I finished up most of the yard work. This thing needs to get fixed soon or my wife is going to start thinking I've been abducted by aliens.

To be candid BL... I'm pretty cranky myself today...

Even though I was not posting on our forums... I was reading them... (lol)...

It's going to be a bit of a rough ride these next few days... Everything is really poopy right now...

I'm trying to get all sorts of stuff done for various folks so I can smile again... Remember, it's not only av123 that we build for... I have over 30 companies that rely on me for their enclosures and all manner of things...

Life is still good... even though I am generally sort of an angry guy right now...

All the best...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
post #103 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac11700 View Post

Watch the diet Mark..you don't want to wind up gaining back all you lost there...

Hang in there my friend..everything will work itself out..including the forum...and you do remember what Sue always says.." Everything for a reason"
Perhaps a nice clean house there isn't such a bad thing after all...
It was good talking with you how ever briefly today..If you need anything let me know.

Mac

I was a good boy... these 19 pounds have been hard-fought... I'm not giving them back so easily...

Wish I had time to talk to EVERYONE... I'm really behind...



Hugs...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
post #104 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
BinaryLinguist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter View Post

To be candid BL... I'm pretty cranky myself today...

Even though I was not posting on our forums... I was reading them... (lol)...

It's going to be a bit of a rough ride these next few days... Everything is really poopy right now...

I'm trying to get all sorts of stuff done for various folks so I can smile again... Remember, it's not only av123 that we build for... I have over 30 companies that rely on me for their enclosures and all manner of things...

Life is still good... even though I am generally sort of an angry guy right now...

All the best...

mls

Don't be angry. It isn't worth it. Remember that no matter how bad it is, it can always be worse. Not to make the mood even worse, our cousin's aunt was diagnosed with acute onset leukemia this week and given a matter of weeks. Life too short to stay in the dumps. Enjoy it for the little things.

------------------------------------------------------
BinaryLinguist
BinaryLinguist is offline  
post #105 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Mac11700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter View Post

I was a good boy... these 19 pounds have been hard-fought... I'm not giving them back so easily...

Wish I had time to talk to EVERYONE... I'm really behind...



Hugs...

mls

I hear ya Mark...and I do appreciate the time you took...very much..I can't wait till you get to come back here and see all the cool things I've been doing to the house..It's coming together nicely..

PS...if you do want to gain some of them back,I'll cook up some more ribs for ya..and Sue will do a couple pies with that Ted Drew's..



Mac
Mac11700 is offline  
post #106 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Member
 
utahsavages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Rone View Post

BIG Hugs to you from Utah.
Aaron


I heard the economy is so bad here that the polygamists have had to cut back to one wife.
utahsavages is offline  
post #107 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Sxrd55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago/Elmhurst
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone seen my pants? I want to go home now.
Sxrd55 is offline  
post #108 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
uw69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
AV123 has got to have the worst IT guys/gals ever. Can't believe they have been down this long.

I miss the rosewood sides on the old Pioneer Elite equipment!

Blu-ray - 576


HD DVD - 81

uw69 is offline  
post #109 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Member
 
A-Rone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahsavages View Post

I heard the economy is so bad here that the polygamists have had to cut back to one wife.

Not quite that bad yet....I'm down to 3 instead of 4. LOL
A-Rone is offline  
post #110 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Member
 
A-Rone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by uw69 View Post

AV123 has got to have the worst IT guys/gals ever. Can't believe they have been down this long.

Is this just a jab at av123 or do you have something on order that you are waiting for?
A-Rone is offline  
post #111 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
ProblemHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Can anyone PM me the rocket sale? I really have to look over it and get some decisions made here pretty quick before the need for wood floors takes over my "new speaker for christmas" money.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
ProblemHouston is offline  
post #112 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
ProblemHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxrd55 View Post

Has anyone seen my pants? I want to go home now.

that was more funny than the bailout post......

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
ProblemHouston is offline  
post #113 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rijax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

Can anyone PM me the rocket sale? I really have to look over it and get some decisions made here pretty quick before the need for wood floors takes over my "new speaker for christmas" money.

PM sent.

Jack
 

Rijax is offline  
post #114 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
BargainHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New Orleans metro area
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You have PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemhouston View Post

can anyone pm me the rocket sale? I really have to look over it and get some decisions made here pretty quick before the need for wood floors takes over my "new speaker for christmas" money.

EDIT: Oh well, I see Rijax was there ahead of me.
BargainHunter is offline  
post #115 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
armstrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: sarnia, ontario, Canuckland
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi MLS

what is the best # to ask about the status of b-stock mwf-15s? haven't heard anything in 2 weeks

robb in sarnia

armstrr at hotmail DOT com

thanks
armstrr is offline  
post #116 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
ProblemHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Thanks guys.....

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
ProblemHouston is offline  
post #117 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Chadci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beech Grove, IN
Posts: 927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All of these sales kill me, Mark I hope you know that. Please oh please have a big valentines day sale. I'll have money burning a hole in my pocket right around that time
Chadci is offline  
post #118 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrr View Post

Hi MLS

what is the best # to ask about the status of b-stock mwf-15s? haven't heard anything in 2 weeks

robb in sarnia

armstrr at hotmail DOT com

thanks

Hi Guys...

My mac mail is still working fine...

mlsav123@mac.com

I apologize for the depth of my e-mail bin...

I'm truly trying hard to catch up a bit... Our last b stock group is set to arrive next week (fulfilling all b/o's) but I understand we had a few show up early... Kyle is really doing a good job between all of us...

Sorry for the delay... maybe my letter made it a tad more understandable...

Everyone will get their subs (of course)... their $100 dollar Gift Certs for av123's new electronics - and of course a cert for a Trim Plate as promised...

I also have not asked one dime from anyone for freight... (but I still reserve that right )...

Humbly...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
post #119 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark L. Schifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Louisville, Colorado, USA
Posts: 3,007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by uw69 View Post

AV123 has got to have the worst IT guys/gals ever. Can't believe they have been down this long.

In truth - painfully so - I have to agree...

When I spoke with Mike today I came away from that call utterly and tragically disappointed... I could not believe that the Primary and Secondary resides in the same spot - same space on the rack... I was stunned...

It will take some days to get everything back to the normal level of chaos... In the meantime... Just know that we care more than you can imagine...

Humbly...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
Mark L. Schifter is offline  
post #120 of 291 Old 11-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
ProblemHouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I just want to say that this whole website thing has caused me an excessive amount of pain and suffering. The only way to make me happy is to find me some Mini’s at a price so I just can’t say no (before I order Rockets). Don’t make me call my attorney.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
ProblemHouston is offline  
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off