Bose Lifestyle Speaker replacement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
APorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife's stepmom's parents have an old Bose Lifestyle system with white speakers. I just hooked up a new Samsung LCD ln52a630 for them and the white speakers really standout now. The easiest thing to do would be to replace the white speakers with black but it doesn't look like you can just buy the speakers. Can you hook up any other brand speakers to this system?
APorter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Johnsteph10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: GA
Posts: 4,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
An equivalent set would be some tin cans and a string.

John
Johnsteph10 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
APorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the insightful reply.
APorter is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gunbunnysoulja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Inverness, FL
Posts: 2,915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by APorter View Post

Thanks for the insightful reply.

Realistically, the smartest option would be to sell the Lifestyle set (since it has good resale) and buy something that offers much better sound quality and will also blend in with the decor to their satisfaction. There are many options that have great WAF at less money.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gunbunnysoulja is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Johnsteph10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: GA
Posts: 4,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by APorter View Post

Thanks for the insightful reply.

Well, you would have gotten much more of a response if you had:

1. Specified your price
2. Specified your size wanted
3. Source material
4. 5.1?
5. Speaker locations

etc.

You give no information, you get no information. You pretty much just said that your wife didn't like white speakers and that was it.

John
Johnsteph10 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
APorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 View Post

Well, you would have gotten much more of a response if you had:

1. Specified your price
2. Specified your size wanted
3. Source material
4. 5.1?
5. Speaker locations

etc.

You give no information, you get no information. You pretty much just said that your wife didn't like white speakers and that was it.

Your reading comprehension is lacking. It's my wife's stepmom's parents that have the old lifestyle system. My question was if the current speakers could be replaced with another brand.
APorter is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gunbunnysoulja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Inverness, FL
Posts: 2,915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by APorter View Post

Your reading comprehension is lacking. It's my wife's stepmom's parents that have the old lifestyle system. My question was if the current speakers could be replaced with another brand.

The Lifestyle system is made to specifically work with the cube speakers. AFAIK, it is not possible due to the proprietary connections.

You wouldn't want to upgrade to good speakers only to connect it to the Lifestyle anyways.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gunbunnysoulja is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 11-22-2008, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
APorter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbunnysoulja View Post

The Lifestyle system is made to specifically work with the cube speakers. AFAIK, it is not possible due to the proprietary connections.

You wouldn't want to upgrade to good speakers only to connect it to the Lifestyle anyways.

Thank you that's what I needed to know.
APorter is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off