Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD555 vs. SENNHEISER HD 280PRO or other options? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-01-2008, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A certain Egg site has HD280's for around the century mark, my BF order for the HD555's was delayed which where priced $30 less than the century mark. I'm looking to pick up a nice pair of head phones for PC gaming. Any recommendations on which would be better suited for gaming? I can cancel my BF order if necessary due to the delay. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to headphones. Although I picked up SENNHEISER PX100's for my MP3 player and love them. I was planning on sticking with my Sennheiser brand, but I'm really looking for the best bang for the buck on headphones with a price of under $100.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I use Sennheiser 555's for computing, gaming, watching movies, etc. Very happy with the bass and detail from these headphones. I paid more than $100 for them last year so for $70, I would think that's a helluva buy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 12-02-2008, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I use HD280's at work because they tend to block out office noise with their "closed" design and around the ear fit. They work fine, but I prefer my HD580's for longer listening periods at home, where the open back design and the very light around the ear fit allows longer wearing times with less ear fatigue. Musically, I prefer the 580's
post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2008, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'm a big head fi'er here and I have pretty much everything from low end to uber high end, and my fave budget HP's are absolutely the Denon AH-D1001K.

IMO, the 1001's are superior to the 280's and 555's. I use them for gaming, music, and movies. Very comfy also.

They aren't exactly their big brother, the D2000, but they are amazing for the price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-02-2008, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'll second the Denons. Having used many sets of headphones over the years, these babies are my favorite. My 15 year old son is always snagging them from me since he found out how good they are.

The Mod Squad: New vs. Classic TV Series Opening
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page