need help with tower speakers with side-firing woofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
im looking for a decent pair of mains, i had the acoustic-research hi-res Ar1's as my mains, but they're gone now.. id like something that is like them.

im basically looking for some really good party speakers that have great bass/highs with not much distortion

or if you have any suggestions that'd be great too, but really i am only looking for side-firing tower speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I've never heard them, but tSc makes speaker towers with side-firing woofers. Unfortunately it looks like they may be sold out of their highest model right now.

Steve

post #3 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Why do you necessarily need them to have a "side-firing woofer"? Are you referring to speakers that have powered, side-firing (pseudo) subwoofers? If so, DefTech would be one speaker to look into. Boston Acoustics used to make speaker like this, as well. But there are other speakers that feature powered (psuedo) subwoofers and they are not all side-firing.

If you want the speakers to specifically have side-firing, passive woofers, why exactly?

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
post #4 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim View Post

Why do you necessarily need them to have a "side-firing woofer"? Are you referring to speakers that have powered, side-firing (pseudo) subwoofers? If so, DefTech would be one speaker to look into. Boston Acoustics used to make speaker like this, as well. But there are other speakers that feature powered (psuedo) subwoofers and they are not all side-firing.

If you want the speakers to specifically have side-firing, passive woofers, why exactly?

well.. im limited on space, and speakers built like this do not take up much space at all, they're deep, but not wide

and yes im referring to speakers that have powered side firing subwoofers
post #5 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Whats your budget? You may want to check out Av123 rocket Rs1000
post #6 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 03:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerwin-Vega! View Post

im looking for a decent pair of mains, i had the acoustic-research hi-res Ar1's as my mains, but they're gone now.. id like something that is like them.

im basically looking for some really good party speakers that have great bass/highs with not much distortion

or if you have any suggestions that'd be great too, but really i am only looking for side-firing tower speakers

Are these the speakers you are looking for? The price is right.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...408L-/58-12545

Afro GT
post #7 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
NHT is THE company for slim towers/side firing subs. They're having a killer sale right now and the Classic4 is $750 each in high gloss black....A true three way design plus the integrated 10" sub. From an all around perspective, they're hard to beat especially at the price. Check em out
http://nhthifi.com/current/products/speakers/four.html
post #8 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 383
He's right if you have $1500 to spend on your front speakers go with the NHT Classic Four!!! I became a big NHT after listening to the Classic Three bookshelf speakers.

Afro GT
post #9 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerwin-Vega! View Post

Definitive Technology......I like the new look on the web site= easy to get around on and get info. I have the 2002TL towers (older model). One 12" woof./ 250 watt amp.,two tweeters and four mid bass drivers in each cabinet. The new models appear to be even nicer. Good bang for the buck spkr.

Espo77
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page