Advertisement

post #272 of 301 Old 04-20-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Recently purchased a pair of Cremona m and have this
Paired with the anthem mrx 510..
I have been wanting a pair of sonus for along time:)
They do sound awesome(compared to monitor audio gs20)

Friends love the beautiful shape and the maple color
In a happy place now ..until the upgradetis wants me to try
A "better" amp ..wink.gif
Cheers
Kalyan

Minimac=>iTunes+AudirvanaPlus=>Peachtree x10 USB to SPDIF=> MRX 510=>Sonus faber Auditor M
post #273 of 301 Old 04-22-2014, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Recently picked up the Venere 2.0 and center. These were not even in my radar, looking at Kef Q, Paradigm Studio, B&W, but went to Magnolia and fell in love with the design, and soundstage. Gotta say, I don't regret the purchase at all, and still love listening and looking at the Sonus Fabers. I still don't quite understand why they are not more popular. We went to a wall unit so I had to get rid of towers(Polk TSI500) on the front stage and go for front ported bookshelves, I know that they sound better in open air, but they have surprising depth and precision even when put into a wall unit. Very impressed as these monitors put my old towers to shame.

Daniel

post #274 of 301 Old 05-17-2014, 03:29 AM

Liked: 10

Hi everyone,

I am happy owner of a pair of SF Cremona M and of a Devialet amplifier.

Devialet is launching currently a new functionality of bass correction, called Speaker Active Matching technology.

This requires that each speaker type is modeled by Devialet. They are going to do it for the major high end speakers of the market.

Priority is given to the most popular speakers, through a vote:

http://voteforsam.devialet.com/?cat=0&vfs-filter=popular

If you could vote for the Cremona M, it would help me get the feature asap. I will give you feedback.

Thanks for your help.

post #275 of 301 Old 05-17-2014, 10:08 AM

Glad to help a fellow Cremona M owner. smile.gif
post #276 of 301 Old 06-08-2014, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am joining this thread as a new owner to an awesome pair of Cremona Auditor Ms. I am in need of a good power amplifier as my old Rotel RSX1055 definitely does not seem up to the task of driving these speakers. Anyway, joining the thread. Thanks!
post #277 of 301 Old 06-08-2014, 06:05 PM

Can anyone recommend a good centre to match the Cremona's. The Cremona centre is hard to come by and the Olympica centre is fairly pricey so open to alternative options.

Proac CC2?
post #278 of 301 Old 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM

I am currently using Sonus faber's Smart CC with excellent results and you can find a nice used one for under $1000. By the way, my mains and rears are the Sonus faber Luitos.

Good luck with your search!

Al
post #279 of 301 Old 06-09-2014, 07:19 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qntoi  Hi everyone, I am happy owner of a pair of SF Cremona M and of a Devialet amplifier. Devialet is launching currently a new functionality of bass correction, called Speaker Active Matching technology. This requires that each speaker type is modeled by Devialet. They are going to do it for the major high end speakers of the market.  Priority is given to the most popular speakers, through a vote:

http://voteforsam.devialet.com/?cat=0&vfs-filter=popular

If you could vote for the Cremona M, it would help me get the feature asap. I will give you feedback.  Thanks for your help.

Please vote for the Sonus Faber Elipsa SE I am thinking of buying the Devialet

post #280 of 301 Old 06-10-2014, 03:51 AM

Done.

But you will need more support to reach 100...

Hopefully Devialet will do all Sonus Faber range at a time.

post #281 of 301 Old 06-10-2014, 11:09 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qntoi View PostDone. But you will need more support to reach 100... Hopefully Devialet will do all Sonus Faber range at a time.

Thank you I know hopefully they will, I will ask the dealer if he wants me to buy one :)

post #282 of 301 Old 06-10-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post

I am currently using Sonus faber's Smart CC with excellent results and you can find a nice used one for under $1000.

I, too, have the Liuto Smart for the Center Channel. I wracked my brain trying to find a decent "match" for my Cremona Auditor Ms that were NOT the Cremona Center M for sizing reasons. I did not want to go with the Olympica center, again for sizing reasons. The Liuto Smart was even mentioned by my Sumiko Audio contact as the best match this side of the actual Cremona Center M or Olympica center.

The Smarts are very hard to find - it took me a month and I feel like I got the very last brand new one in the market as they are a discontinued model. On paper it looks like a decent match, in practice it obviously is not a timbral match to my Auditor Ms but it's close enough given the fact that I bought the Auditor Ms for music and less for theater.

Hope this helps.
post #283 of 301 Old 06-10-2014, 05:10 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View PostThank you I know hopefully they will, I will ask the dealer if he wants me to buy one :)

Am evaluating the Devialet as we speak, really doesn't sound any better than the Classe CP-800!  I am not sure what the fuss is all about? Looks cool as a unit but really a lot of marketing!

post #284 of 301 Old 06-12-2014, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacihome View Post
HI bypass911,

How does the sound changed after break in? I have run mine about 30 hours or so and I haven't noticed any change at all.

Was it subtle?

What about the center channel...did it improve or stayed the same? I have the venere center/wall/2.5 and i find it "different"(a little chestier in some movies) than the 2.5's. Will that go away after break in?

Thanks for your input man! Very nice setup!
Sorry for the delayed response, haven't been here in awhile.
Honestly my Veneres had been played everyday for the last 8 months or so, there had been tweaks here and there, using audyssey, etc, so I really can't remember what it sounded like before. As far as I can tell, the bass improved, and the top end opened up a bit more if that makes any sense? But I think my veneres can benefit a lot more from more tweaking for better imaging. Can someone help?

The Venere center never sounded chesty on mine, it is always damn clear and open. I guess some movies has chestier recordings than others? But I really do love the venere center it is amazing, super clean vocals.

Sorry couldn't been more help.
post #285 of 301 Old 07-08-2014, 11:55 AM

Liked: 0
Sonus Venere 2.0

Just bought the Venere 2.0 speakers. What are you using to drive them?
What cables?
Thanks!
Gumbini
post #286 of 301 Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed3driver View Post
Recently picked up the Venere 2.0 and center. These were not even in my radar, looking at Kef Q, Paradigm Studio, B&W, but went to Magnolia and fell in love with the design, and soundstage. Gotta say, I don't regret the purchase at all, and still love listening and looking at the Sonus Fabers. I still don't quite understand why they are not more popular. We went to a wall unit so I had to get rid of towers(Polk TSI500) on the front stage and go for front ported bookshelves, I know that they sound better in open air, but they have surprising depth and precision even when put into a wall unit. Very impressed as these monitors put my old towers to shame.
Just bought the Sonus Faber Venere 2.0. What are you using to drive the speakers?
What cables are you using?
Thanks!
Gumbini
post #287 of 301 Old 07-08-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbini View Post
Just bought the Sonus Faber Venere 2.0. What are you using to drive the speakers?
What cables are you using?
Thanks!
Gumbini
Not using anything too fancy Monoprice 12awg speaker wire
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Run off of a Pioneer SC-1523k
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...vers/SC-1523-K

The nice thing about the pioneer running the Venere is that with the 6ohm speaker rating, the amp gives off 175 watts per channel off the Class D3 amp. I'm sure a nice external amplifier would really do them justice, but I am absolutely blown away at the sound level and clarity of my setup.

Congrats on the purchase, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...&folderid=3229

Daniel

post #288 of 301 Old 07-10-2014, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I actually am eyeing the Sonus Veneers but I had a couple Q's for actual owners?

First, I heard a few people mentioned they thought the 2.0's were the sweet spot, and the 2.5's came off as a little harsh even in comparison? Anyone else feel that? Because yeah the 3.0's seemed too much for me for fronts, and the 1.5 seemed like not enough.

Also, and I have heard this talked about a bit, is the somewhat weak seeming center? Granted, some appear perfectly happy with it, but it does seem like a weak link of sorts. For those that feel the need to supplement two solid Sonus fronts with a different center channel, is there anything out there that would pair decently well aside from the actual matching Venere?
HawaiiR likes this.
post #289 of 301 Old 07-13-2014, 04:29 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by spincut View Post
I actually am eyeing the Sonus Veneers but I had a couple Q's for actual owners?

First, I heard a few people mentioned they thought the 2.0's were the sweet spot, and the 2.5's came off as a little harsh even in comparison? Anyone else feel that? Because yeah the 3.0's seemed too much for me for fronts, and the 1.5 seemed like not enough.

Also, and I have heard this talked about a bit, is the somewhat weak seeming center? Granted, some appear perfectly happy with it, but it does seem like a weak link of sorts. For those that feel the need to supplement two solid Sonus fronts with a different center channel, is there anything out there that would pair decently well aside from the actual matching Venere?

I think that the Center is the weak point, but it is not as detrimental as people are making it out to be. I had to stay with bookshelf so I didn't demo the towers. Don't listen to too much on the boards, I wasn't even considering the sonus fabers until I witnessed them in action. Buy what sounds good to you, and bring some of your own stuff to demo, a couple favorite CD's and movies. Your ears wont steer you wrong, but other people's ears will.

Daniel

post #290 of 301 Old 07-14-2014, 02:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed3driver View Post
I think that the Center is the weak point, but it is not as detrimental as people are making it out to be. I had to stay with bookshelf so I didn't demo the towers. Don't listen to too much on the boards, I wasn't even considering the sonus fabers until I witnessed them in action. Buy what sounds good to you, and bring some of your own stuff to demo, a couple favorite CD's and movies. Your ears wont steer you wrong, but other people's ears will.
I may not have the chance to demo everything I like, sadly, so it's at least good to get a relative bead on things.

For instance, since it seems like it's widely accepted that the center channel is weak (having a smaller weaker one is fine actually, but it's surprising that they only have one center to choose from..), how week of course is up for debate, but it's at least worth wondering if there is a different sub out there that would pair well with the veneers (yeah it's not recommended I know, just curious).

Also, just out of curiosity, does electing to get the real wood cabinets help with the sound fidelity at all?
post #291 of 301 Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I may not have the chance to demo everything I like, sadly, so it's at least good to get a relative bead on things.

For instance, since it seems like it's widely accepted that the center channel is weak (having a smaller weaker one is fine actually, but it's surprising that they only have one center to choose from..), how week of course is up for debate, but it's at least worth wondering if there is a different sub out there that would pair well with the veneers (yeah it's not recommended I know, just curious).

Also, just out of curiosity, does electing to get the real wood cabinets help with the sound fidelity at all?
If you're not really feeling this particular CC try to demo the Luito Smart CC. It is discontinued but mated well with the Luito towers. To my ears it has perfect synergy with the Luito line and may be to your liking for Venere line as well.

Al

Last edited by arftech; 07-14-2014 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling
post #292 of 301 Old 07-14-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:

That's weird because I personally think the Venere Center is the strong point. I absolutely love my Venere Center. They sound very relaxed, open, with clear dialogue without any hint of sibilance.

What I can tell so far with my Venere 2.5's is that I've had them for about 10 months now and they just got broken in. They seriously needed a long time to break in. They really sing now.
You might want to think about the long break in period. Just my 2 cents.
post #293 of 301 Old 07-14-2014, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post
If you're not really feeling this particular CC try to demo the Luito Smart CC. It is discontinued but mated well with the Luito towers. To my ears it has perfect synergy with the Luito line and may be to your liking for Venere line as well.

Al
That was a good suggestion, it seems, but it also sounds like finding a Luito is not really easy at all :/ . I was told by someone that a BW center may pair well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bypass911 View Post
That's weird because I personally think the Venere Center is the strong point. I absolutely love my Venere Center. They sound very relaxed, open, with clear dialogue without any hint of sibilance.

What I can tell so far with my Venere 2.5's is that I've had them for about 10 months now and they just got broken in. They seriously needed a long time to break in. They really sing now.
You might want to think about the long break in period. Just my 2 cents.
I mean, I can understand not thinking it's as weak as others, but how exactly did it come off as the series's strong point exactly? Compared to the towers/bookshelves it only comes in one model/size, already not a good sign, given that means it's either spreading itself too thin to accommodate for the entire range of the Veneres, or is geared to the lowest common denominator (for instance, if I had my druthers they'd have a slightly heftier center model for those that wanted something stronger).

I was actually surprised to find out that the best buy 20 minutes away had the SF's (as well as BW's and Martin Logans) to compare. Now, granted, it was at a best buy so I didn't expect much, which probably explains why to me, everything (from the super large Sonus Bookshelfs :P , all the way to the towers) all sounded pretty similar, with one exception, the SF Center! To be fair the only thing that sounded worse was the Martin Logan one (which was mainly because it was the cheapest one and they didn't have one step up).

So yeah, I did get to check them out in person. I was struck by how insanely big the larger Bookshelf was, can't tell if I want to look into it partly as a statement piece, or disdain it because of how bulky it is.

Anyway, I didn't come to many conclusions from my store visit, sadly. Even the woman helping me admitted that Sonus comes from a line of musically oriented speakers (I intend to use them for music, but they are in the end home theater speakers and will be used for gaming and movies as well), even though part of the Venere lines goal was to be more home theater centric than their higher end counter parts.

So yeah, I find myself unsure what to do. I still really like the Sonus Fabers, and at least they don't sound any worse than the BW or Martin Logan Towers, I don't think. But yeah, that center channel issue is still giving me pause.
post #294 of 301 Old 07-14-2014, 06:38 PM

Personally, I prefer all of my speakers come from the same company so that the sonic signature remains the same. You're right, they're hard to find but if you're still interested eBay has a mint Luito CC at a reasonable price. I think the Luito Smart speakers could solve your problem. If only you could audition the Smarts to verify whether or not they meet your needs.

Al
post #295 of 301 Old 07-14-2014, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I'm about a week away from getting my first pair of Sonus Faber Venere 2.0's. I know, they're just the entry level speakers, but I can't wait to have them in hand.

A few questions for you, if you don't mind.
  1. Are there any receivers or amps in $500-$1000 range that are recommended for them?
  2. Do speaker stands make a difference? And if so, any suggestions? I'm not a huge fan of the look of the Sonus Faber stands. I would prefer ones with a more minimalist design approach.

Newbie questions, I know...

Last edited by HawaiiR; 07-14-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typo
post #296 of 301 Old 07-15-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiR View Post
I'm about a week away from getting my first pair of Sonus Faber Venere 2.0's. I know, they're just the entry level speakers, but I can't wait to have them in hand.

A few questions for you, if you don't mind.
  1. Are there any receivers or amps in $500-$1000 range that are recommended for them?
  2. Do speaker stands make a difference? And if so, any suggestions? I'm not a huge fan of the look of the Sonus Faber stands. I would prefer ones with a more minimalist design approach.

Newbie questions, I know...
I can't quote you on the stands, but the veneres mate well with any integrated marantz. I'm using them with Marantz PM8000 and they really sing well.
post #297 of 301 Old 07-16-2014, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bypass911 View Post
I can't quote you on the stands, but the veneres mate well with any integrated marantz. I'm using them with Marantz PM8000 and they really sing well.
Hi thanks. I was actually thinking about getting a Marantz. Peachtree was also in consideration, just wish there was a place to demo that brand here. Any other Venere 2.0 users have the monitors paired with peachtree? Would love to get some feedback.
post #298 of 301 Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post
Personally, I prefer all of my speakers come from the same company so that the sonic signature remains the same. You're right, they're hard to find but if you're still interested eBay has a mint Luito CC at a reasonable price. I think the Luito Smart speakers could solve your problem. If only you could audition the Smarts to verify whether or not they meet your needs.

Al
Hmm tis true, it's not that expensive (albeit more than the new venere, and for a used speaker no less...). But yeah, I REALLY do wish that wasn't the only solution :P .
post #299 of 301 Old 07-25-2014, 03:23 AM

Picked up a pair of white gloss Venere 3.0 and a Centre. Very nice speakers. Did not consider SF before, but quickly changed my mind during the auditions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2107.jpg (345.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2108.jpg (372.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2105.jpg (289.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2109.jpg (306.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2106.jpg (323.2 KB, 18 views)
post #300 of 301 Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Does anyone know if the Cremona m stands will work with the Olympica i?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page