Sonus Faber Owners Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #301 of 322 Old 08-13-2014, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thinking about SF Olympica 1 for LR and Olympica Center. Dealer has 2 Smarts on closeout for the rears. Meridian G55, Meridian G68xxv and HD621. Thoughts on this setup for HT? My goal is to save on initial $$$$$ and down the road upgrade LR to Olympica 3 and move the 1s to the rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 322 Old 12-13-2014, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay thinking of getting a pair of Sonus Fabers. Trying to decide between the Concertinos or the Toy (both bookshelf units). If my budget can pull it I may be able to get a concerto, but that needs to be seen.

Thoughts/ opinions on which one to get and why? Any help would be appreciated.

Spent years looking for a sound I loved and finally settled on Sonus Faber. Can't buy the newest and greatest, but I will have one, that's for sure )

Bose: "Buy Other Stereo Equiptment"
post #303 of 322 Old 12-13-2014, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mepstein10 View Post
Okay thinking of getting a pair of Sonus Fabers. Trying to decide between the Concertinos or the Toy (both bookshelf units). If my budget can pull it I may be able to get a concerto, but that needs to be seen.

Thoughts/ opinions on which one to get and why? Any help would be appreciated.

Spent years looking for a sound I loved and finally settled on Sonus Faber. Can't buy the newest and greatest, but I will have one, that's for sure )
In my opinion, the better buy would be the Sonus faber Luito Stand-Mounts. A member on AudioGon dot Com has a great deal that includes both the speakers and stands. By the way, The Luito monitors (stand-mount) are fantastic. I had to box up my Luito towers due to space and is using my Luito monitors in its place. They sound amazing!
post #304 of 322 Old 12-14-2014, 03:14 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyqvu View Post
Hi friends ,

I'm new here . I just sold my entire B&W 802 system and purchased the Sonus Faber Elipsa with Mcintosh MC601 mono blocks . Has anyone paired them together ? Can you give me some opinions since my Mcintosh amps are back order and I won't get them until the end of this month .
Really why did you sell your 802 system, just ready for a change?
post #305 of 322 Old 12-15-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post
In my opinion, the better buy would be the Sonus faber Luito Stand-Mounts. A member on AudioGon dot Com has a great deal that includes both the speakers and stands. By the way, The Luito monitors (stand-mount) are fantastic. I had to box up my Luito towers due to space and is using my Luito monitors in its place. They sound amazing!
A little beyond my price range. These are going to be a stopgap until I can save up enough for an Olympica or something along those lines.

post #306 of 322 Old 12-27-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
A little beyond my price range. These are going to be a stopgap until I can save up enough for an Olympica or something along those lines.

Heard the Olympica III today. Awesome!!! Hard decision between the 802D Olympica III.
post #307 of 322 Old 12-27-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractng View Post
Heard the Olympica III today. Awesome!!! Hard decision between the 802D Olympica III.
My preference are the Olympica III. Heard them both and find the diamond tweeters on the 802D to be a bit harsh to my ears. However, they (B&W) are awesome but my preference is the Sonus faber sound.

Equipment:

Classe SSP-600 Pre-Pro, Krell KAV-500 3 Channel Amp, Oppo 95, Roku Streaming Stick, Primare SPA21 Integrated Amp, Cary Audio 306/200CD, Bel Canto Dac3, Schitt Lyr headphone amp, Hifiman HE-500 Cans, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 Panel, Sonus faber Luito floorstanders, Sonus faber Luito monitors, Sonus faber Smart CC, REL T2 sub
post #308 of 322 Old 12-28-2014, 01:38 AM

So found a good stopgap solution. Found a killer deal on a pair of walnut venere 2.0 demos for $1300.00. Had to raise my budget a bit, but seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Will have a chance to see and hear them next weekend, but assuming all goes well I think this will be a good choice.

post #309 of 322 Old 12-28-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So found a good stopgap solution. Found a killer deal on a pair of walnut venere 2.0 demos for $1300.00. Had to raise my budget a bit, but seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Will have a chance to see and hear them next weekend, but assuming all goes well I think this will be a good choice.
Does demo provide warranty?

Just a general question. What are the markups for Sonus Faber in general?
post #310 of 322 Old 12-28-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Does demo provide warranty?

Just a general question. What are the markups for Sonus Faber in general?
Yes it comes with warranty if it is from an authorized dealer (which from this case it is.) No idea on the markups for Sonus Faber, but they seem to retain their value pretty well.

post #311 of 322 Old 12-30-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
I went to a Magnolia Home Theater Center today and listened to Olympica III, B&W 802D and 803D, and Martin Logan Summit. IMO, the Olympicas's were far and away the best. The 802D's had the strongest bass, but I did not care for their midrange and highs. The Olympicas seemed the most detailed. I've always been surprised that Sonus Faber doesn't have a stronger following here on the forum.
post #312 of 322 Old 12-30-2014, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
I went to a Magnolia Home Theater Center today and listened to Olympica III, B&W 802D and 803D, and Martin Logan Summit. IMO, the Olympicas's were far and away the best. The 802D's had the strongest bass, but I did not care for their midrange and highs. The Olympicas seemed the most detailed. I've always been surprised that Sonus Faber doesn't have a stronger following here on the forum.

I auditioned at Magnolia too. I guess its all about marketing. The thread only have a few pages instead of hundred like other brands.
post #313 of 322 Old 12-30-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I auditioned at Magnolia too. I guess its all about marketing. The thread only have a few pages instead of hundred like other brands.
Sonus faber speakers are simply blissful especially when mated with top notch gear!

Equipment:

Classe SSP-600 Pre-Pro, Krell KAV-500 3 Channel Amp, Oppo 95, Roku Streaming Stick, Primare SPA21 Integrated Amp, Cary Audio 306/200CD, Bel Canto Dac3, Schitt Lyr headphone amp, Hifiman HE-500 Cans, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 Panel, Sonus faber Luito floorstanders, Sonus faber Luito monitors, Sonus faber Smart CC, REL T2 sub
post #314 of 322 Old 12-31-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post
Sonus faber speakers are simply blissful especially when mated with top notch gear!
Agree. I'm planning on upgrading not only my Sonus Faber Grand Piano speakers to Olympica IIIs, but also my Rotel amp & preamp to Parasound Halo A21 & JC2 (all to go with my Oppo 105). Should be sweet!
post #315 of 322 Old 12-31-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Might be simply because there aren't as many dealers compared to the others so most never get to see/hear them in person. If money permitted and there was a local dealer I may not have pursued B&W as my speaker choice. I definitely like my setup however it would have been wonderful to put a 5.1 setup together that consisted of 2 pairs of Futura's and the Vox or better yet a pair of Lillium's for the mains and Futura's for surrounds. A number of the SF speakers are just beautiful to look at and aesthetically I like the Lillium the most, even more than the Aida.

post #316 of 322 Old 01-09-2015, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi there, I would like to ask a question here.

I was a SF Concerto Home owner for a number of years and was thinking of upgrading for a floorstander. I would like to know is the sound of a SF Venere 3 better than the Olympica 2 ?

Thanks.
post #317 of 322 Old 01-09-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy :) View Post
Hi there, I would like to ask a question here.

I was a SF Concerto Home owner for a number of years and was thinking of upgrading for a floorstander. I would like to know is the sound of a SF Venere 3 better than the Olympica 2 ?

Thanks.
In a few words the Olympica 2 should be better because the Venere line is below the Olympica line. However, this is subjective because only you can determine that by auditioning both.

Equipment:

post #318 of 322 Old 01-09-2015, 03:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The Venere 3.0's go for $3500/pair. The Olympica II's go for $10,000/pair. So no, I doubt the Venere sounds better than the Olympica. I did recently listen to the Olympica III's and the Venere 2.5's, and there was no comparison - the Olympica III's were much better IMO (more transparent, more detailed).
arftech likes this.
post #319 of 322 Old Today, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help please!

I just got my hands on Cremona Auditors and have added a B&W sub and m1 rear speakers (not much room at the back so opted for mini speakers to hang on the wall from the sides.

Anyway, I now need a center and we dont have much room for it (max depth of 25cm).

The only two decent Center's i have found at that size are :

Sonus Faber Toy and Linn Majik 112.

Anyone know how the TOY matches the Auditors?

And what about the Linn Majik 112?

Any help much appreciated!
post #320 of 322 Old Today, 07:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I got my Parasound Halo A21 and JC2 delivered yesterday, along with a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica III's. A significant improvement in AQ was obvious right out of the box (going from a 12-year-old Rotel amp and preamp, and SF Grand Piano Home speakers). More detail, much better bass. I can only imagine how great they will sound after break-in.
post #321 of 322 Old Today, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Break in is a myth
post #322 of 322 Old Today, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I got my Parasound Halo A21 and JC2 delivered yesterday, along with a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica III's. A significant improvement in AQ was obvious right out of the box (going from a 12-year-old Rotel amp and preamp, and SF Grand Piano Home speakers). More detail, much better bass. I can only imagine how great they will sound after break-in.
Wow. Very nice. You really went shopping!!

I have A21 & P5 combo and the sound is already awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page