Sonus Faber Owners Thread - Page 17 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #481 of 483 Old Yesterday, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Dang I wish I could afford to put a surround system together consisting of some of those beauties.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 483 Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthrb4u View Post
Has anyone heard the veneres setup with tubes? I heard the Olympicas setup with an audio research amp and was blown away with how transparent and big the sound was. Never did I feel any consistency from one track to another. Each had its own vibe that effortlessly melded you into its soul. The salesman said he didn't like the Olympicas with the audio research and said they were a hundred times better with the mcintosh. He and I seem to have very similar taste and acknowledgment of what we're describing so I do believe him but at the same time he doesn't live with them. I have venere 3.0's and SOMETIMES I feel like some songs sound the same but I don't think its because of the speakers. Yes the soft dome is a little lacking in the crystally and airiness department with some instruments but then again when I bought them, that was was one of the main reasons. I just think now in order to take them to the next level I need a decent amp instead of just running them out of my receiver. So to me, the audio research has what I wanted because of its ability to be true to the music so I'm curious what would make the mcintosh a better match. If it's a swing in the Frequency response that just elevated the bass then I'll pass. Any one here able to cope wity what I'm saying and maybe be able to give me an answer?
Maybe I'm too skeptical, but I don't trust most salespeople since they push what they have more of in their storeroom or what gives them the best mark-up. BestBuy/Magnolia especially seems to push mcintosh. So there may not be a good reason your salesperson is pushing mc over AR. The best advice is for you to go with whatever sounds best to your ears!!! IMO, my Olympicas sound great with Parasound Halo amp/preamp, but to be honest, I didn't compare the amp/preamp to other brands. For what it's worth, I always thought AR had a better reputation than mc. But I'm sure you can't go wrong with either choice. Just go by your own ears!
bthrb4u likes this.
post #483 of 483 Old Today, 05:11 PM
wse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Dang I wish I could afford to put a surround system together consisting of some of those beauties.
Me too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page