Definitive Technology Mythos Series Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 5595 Old 03-04-2009, 03:09 AM
Member
 
bigAWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I just ordered a couple more pieces of my new system. I already got the Mythos Three. Now a couple of GemXLs and an SVS SB12-Plus are on the way. The plan is to use the the GemXLs in as front L&R, so I'll let everyone know what I think of the sound when I set them up. Again, I should say that my current front L&R are Bose "direct/reflecting" 301s, so I can't do a good comparison between the dipole sound to a regular direct radiating speaker like the Mythos Two (which I would have gone with if I had a good place for them - maybe in the future).
bigAWL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 5595 Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mvp2005fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post

Well, I just ordered a couple more pieces of my new system. I already got the Mythos Three. Now a couple of GemXLs and an SVS SB12-Plus are on the way. The plan is to use the the GemXLs in as front L&R, so I'll let everyone know what I think of the sound when I set them up. Again, I should say that my current front L&R are Bose "direct/reflecting" 301s, so I can't do a good comparison between the dipole sound to a regular direct radiating speaker like the Mythos Two (which I would have gone with if I had a good place for them - maybe in the future).

Good for you, bigAWL! Please keep us informed how it goes. I'd be especiall interested how the SB12 works with the Mythos stuff.
mvp2005fan is offline  
post #273 of 5595 Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mvp2005fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxis Audio John View Post



If you guys want any type of Definitive comparisons done or to see the inside of certain definitive speakers let me know and I will be glad to help...I love this stuff

Hi, John:

Thanks for your kind offer--one thing that comes up frequently are comparisons between the various Mythos Center channels and whether the more expensive ones are worth it. I'd be interested in a comparison between the Mythos 3, 8, 9, 10. (espcially between the 8 & 9 for selfish reasons).

I think in order to compared them fairly, you'd have to include a testing arm with sub in there somewhere with a standard THX 80MHz crossover.

Are you sorry you made the offer now?! (Just teasing--I really appreciate this!)
mvp2005fan is offline  
post #274 of 5595 Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Member
 
bigAWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are the SoloXLs discontinued? I wonder if anyone ever tried using two of them - one in front and one in back - in a 6.1 setup. Or I wonder how one of the current SSA-42 or SSA-50 would work as the four surround speakers of a 7.1 setup. There'd be an extra center in there, but price-wise even the SSA-50 is cheaper than 4 Gems, and maybe easier to wall-mount (and run wires for) than four individual speakers.
bigAWL is offline  
post #275 of 5595 Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Axxis Audio John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Durango, CO
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey MVP,

I am going to try and do a demo between the 4 speakers this weekend and with get back with a report shortly!

John Marty
AXXIS AUDIO
AVS FORUM SPONSOR
Axxis Audio John is offline  
post #276 of 5595 Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Axxis Audio John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Durango, CO
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post

Are the SoloXLs discontinued? I wonder if anyone ever tried using two of them - one in front and one in back - in a 6.1 setup. Or I wonder how one of the current SSA-42 or SSA-50 would work as the four surround speakers of a 7.1 setup. There'd be an extra center in there, but price-wise even the SSA-50 is cheaper than 4 Gems, and maybe easier to wall-mount (and run wires for) than four individual speakers.

The Solo XL has been discontinued for the new SSA-42 and SSA-50. If you can find a SoloXL then you could actually put one in the front and one in the rear, but I dont think the sound would be that great compared to other options. I look at the SoloXL and the SSA series speakers as more based on looks vs sound. Don't get me wrong the SSA's and the Solo XL's sound great for what they are(bedroom or limited space options in my opinion), but if you have the ability to get individual speakers spaced out more you would be better off. The key to good surround sound is getting the front, left, and right at least a couple feet away from each other. If you really don't have room to do a true 5.1 speaker system you could get a used SoloXL with some pro-monitor 1000's for the rear. Another thing you could do is just get the SSA-50 and a nice sub for a clean look. We have done quite a few installs on the SSA's and SoloXL's and I notice you really need a sub to round them out...

Just a thought?

John Marty
AXXIS AUDIO
AVS FORUM SPONSOR
Axxis Audio John is offline  
post #277 of 5595 Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mvp2005fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxis Audio John View Post

Hey MVP,

I am going to try and do a demo between the 4 speakers this weekend and with get back with a report shortly!

Thanks! Look forward to it...would be interested in how they compare with both multichannel music and movies if possible. Thanks again!
mvp2005fan is offline  
post #278 of 5595 Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Member
 
wheelman76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased the Mythos STS's , the Mythos ten for the center , and the gem xl's for surrounds. I wanted to know from other owners of the STS's do you use the LFE inputs on the speakers ,or just wire them normally? thx
wheelman76 is offline  
post #279 of 5595 Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Macfan424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman76 View Post

I just purchased the Mythos STS's , the Mythos ten for the center , and the gem xl's for surrounds. I wanted to know from other owners of the STS's do you use the LFE inputs on the speakers ,or just wire them normally? thx

Congratulations on your new setup.

I don't use the LFE input, but I have separate subwoofers. If I didn't, I probably would use the LFE as I like to run my subs about 2-3dB hot, but prefer the L/R bass to be flat. I run my STS's as Large, so they do get a full range signal.

However, if you prefer to run your L/R and LFE bass at the same level there is no need to use the LFE input. Just set the sub to No/Off in your AVR and it will direct the LFE signal to your L/R speakers. Many DefTech owners in this forum seem to prefer this approach.
Macfan424 is offline  
post #280 of 5595 Old 03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Axxis Audio John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Durango, CO
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman76 View Post

I just purchased the Mythos STS's , the Mythos ten for the center , and the gem xl's for surrounds. I wanted to know from other owners of the STS's do you use the LFE inputs on the speakers ,or just wire them normally? thx

I have my Mythos ST's set to large in the receiver and am running on just speaker wire..Sounds great.

John Marty
AXXIS AUDIO
AVS FORUM SPONSOR
Axxis Audio John is offline  
post #281 of 5595 Old 03-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Member
 
bamboo5354's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to find a speaker mount that can be swivel to left and right for the Mythos Ten.

Was looking at the OmniMount 30.0 http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=93598
but not sure if it will work.

Anyone have any suggestion?
bamboo5354 is offline  
post #282 of 5595 Old 03-07-2009, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mvp2005fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo5354 View Post

I'm trying to find a speaker mount that can be swivel to left and right for the Mythos Ten.

Was looking at the OmniMount 30.0 http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=93598
but not sure if it will work.

Anyone have any suggestion?

If the back of the Ten is anything like that of the Eight, this omnimount will not work.

I believe these are meant to be wallmounted with a flat bracket--I don't have any screw holes in the back of my 8's that would accomodate a bolt strong enough to hold it in a swivel application by itself.

May I ask what application you are using the Ten for?
mvp2005fan is offline  
post #283 of 5595 Old 03-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Member
 
bamboo5354's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

May I ask what application you are using the Ten for?

I use 3 Mythos ten across the front, mostly for movies and gaming. I want a swivel mount because I want to adjust the angle of the speakers and make it point at my listening position.
bamboo5354 is offline  
post #284 of 5595 Old 03-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Member
 
sfaprilbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered 2 STS in black $1,100 each,one mythos 3 in silver(these are really discounted),4 gems and 1 set of stands for an incredible price.I got this great deal from Megan at Abt's,check it out.These arrive next week and I am very excited after all of these positive feedback.Enjoy!
sfaprilbob is offline  
post #285 of 5595 Old 03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
FilmMixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles Area, CA. USA
Posts: 6,887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 568
^^ We aren't supposed to discuss pricing except MSRP...

It is against Forum policy.
FilmMixer is offline  
post #286 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Member
 
dirtman62801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Centralia, IL
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Congrats on your purchase. I simply have speaker wire run to my ST's and set to large on my receiver. I do have a couple of subwoofers so I don't need much bass from the ST's. I researched this on AVS after purchasing my ST's and it appeared that only a few could notice any difference running LFE.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman76 View Post

I just purchased the Mythos STS's , the Mythos ten for the center , and the gem xl's for surrounds. I wanted to know from other owners of the STS's do you use the LFE inputs on the speakers ,or just wire them normally? thx

dirtman62801 is offline  
post #287 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Member
 
bigAWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

^^ We aren't supposed to discuss pricing except MSRP...

It is against Forum policy.

Right. Wasn't there a post in this thread a week ago or so about that? (I can't find it now - maybe I saw it in another thread.) The point seemed to be that they didn't want people to run a lot of marketing within the threads. And I respect that.

But what I don't understand is, if they were are going to make a big deal about people discussing price deals and vendors, why is there a sticky thread in the BluRay forum called: Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here
bigAWL is offline  
post #288 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Member
 
bigAWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman62801 View Post

Congrats on your purchase. I simply have speaker wire run to my ST's and set to large on my receiver. I do have a couple of subwoofers so I don't need much bass from the ST's. I researched this on AVS after purchasing my ST's and it appeared that only a few could notice any difference running LFE.

If you don't use the LFE input, are you not utilizing the built-in amp?
bigAWL is offline  
post #289 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Macfan424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post

If you don't use the LFE input, are you not utilizing the built-in amp?

If the ST/STS's get a full range signal (e.g. AVR set to Large), they reproduce it with just speaker wires, using the built-in amp for lows.
Macfan424 is offline  
post #290 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Member
 
jhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Upper Dublin, PA
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post

Well, I just ordered a couple more pieces of my new system. I already got the Mythos Three. Now a couple of GemXLs and an SVS SB12-Plus are on the way. The plan is to use the the GemXLs in as front L&R, so I'll let everyone know what I think of the sound when I set them up.

BigAWL - I'm extremely curious to hear about your GEM XL (R&L)/Three/SVS setup as I am considering an identical setup for my Living Room in addition to GEMS on the back wall. If the GEM XL's sound great, you'll save me some $$$ ---alternatively, I'll look towards a Two/Three solution or, if I really feel like blowing my budget, a Nine x 3 solution.

Also - very curious to hear how the SVS sounds in that setup as I am torn between that and a SuperCube II (which I can get a decent deal on).
jhav is offline  
post #291 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Member
 
HarleyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Far north Chicago suburbs
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. Just wanted to share my excitement. I just bought two Mythos One's and a SuperCube I over the weekend to add to my HT setup. Wow! That's all I can say. What a fantastic sound! The Mythos One's replaced BP7004's and the SC I replaced a 10 year old Klipsch KSW12. I was pretty happy with the 7004's as my mains, but when I A/B'd them against the Mythos One's, there was no comparison. I kept my DefTech CLR2002 as my center because I like the bi-polar effect and mid-bass punch it has. (That and there was no way the wife was going to let me get the Mythos Eight, too. All I was "supposed" to be buying was a new sub.) But after I hooked everything up her exact quote was, "I don't know anything about this stuff, but even I can tell there's a big difference. It's so much clearer. It almost sounds live." Of course, I demo'd it for her by playing some Wilco, her favorite band. Proved to be a shrewd move on my part.

The rest of the system consists of 4 Mirage OM-R2's, two for side surround, two for rear surround. All are driven with a Pioneer Elite 94TXH. I know there's a big debate over the use of bipolar/omnipolar versus direct radiating for surrounds, but personally I like the diffused effect of the omnipolar surrounds. The Mirage seem to blend nicely with the DefTech's. I think I've finally achieved the best setup for my ears. I'm now finally happy with how both music and movies sound. Now comes the fun part - tweaking EQ's and frequency cut-off's and all that other good stuff to see if I can make it sound even better.

Awww, how cute. You measure your TV's size in inches...
HarleyRider is offline  
post #292 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
otk
AVS Special Member
 
otk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post

I kept my DefTech CLR2002 as my center because I like the bi-polar effect and mid-bass punch it has.

the clr2002 is not bi-polar. it just has the same look as the bi-polar line (black sock and black piano end-caps)

congrats on the new speakers and sub

All this noise about noise.
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
Finding the acoustic sweet spot.
otk is offline  
post #293 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 01:39 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Axxis Audio John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Durango, CO
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post

Right. Wasn't there a post in this thread a week ago or so about that? (I can't find it now - maybe I saw it in another thread.) The point seemed to be that they didn't want people to run a lot of marketing within the threads. And I respect that.

But what I don't understand is, if they were are going to make a big deal about people discussing price deals and vendors, why is there a sticky thread in the BluRay forum called: Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here

Hey bigAWL,
One of the biggest reasons for a lot of these threads not allowing price posts is that most of these products are not supposed to be sold below full retail price...Of course members of the forum get great deals, but they are supposed to be on the down low with sentences like "I just got a great system from a great dealer and then people can PM you ... poor Megan at Abt may get fired if anyone from Definitive is reading the posts.
Oh and as for Blu-Ray players people don't really care about price posts because they are completely whored out in the market....

John Marty
AXXIS AUDIO
AVS FORUM SPONSOR
Axxis Audio John is offline  
post #294 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Member
 
HarleyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Far north Chicago suburbs
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by otk View Post

the clr2002 is not bi-polar. it just has the same look as the bi-polar line (black sock and black piano end-caps)

congrats on the new speakers and sub

Holy crap! I can't believe I never knew that. Don't I feel like the idiot. I could've sworn there were speakers in the back of that thing. I must have been thinking of my old Mirage OM-C2. I know that one was bi-polar.

At least make me feel better by telling me there's a port or something in the back of the CLR2002...

Awww, how cute. You measure your TV's size in inches...
HarleyRider is offline  
post #295 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Macfan424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post

...The rest of the system consists of 4 Mirage OM-R2's, two for side surround, two for rear surround. All are driven with a Pioneer Elite 94TXH. I know there's a big debate over the use of bipolar/omnipolar versus direct radiating for surrounds, but personally I like the diffused effect of the omnipolar surrounds. The Mirage seem to blend nicely with the DefTech's...

Congratulations on your new speakers.

I use a pair of Mirage Omnisat v2 FS as surrounds with my STS/Three fronts, and have been delighted with them. I wasn't sure it would be a good idea, as in theory they are a mismatch, but I was intrigued by them and had a 30 day home trial, so I decided to give them a whirl. Turned out to be terrific in my room. The omnipolar design really creates an encompassing ambiance, and to my delight, after running MCACC through my Elite VSX-01THX, they blend seamlessly with my STS's, even on pink noise. I'd say they match as well as anything would be likely to, given the effects of room placement and the like.
Macfan424 is offline  
post #296 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Member
 
HarleyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Far north Chicago suburbs
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Macfan,

I see you're in the Chicago area too. Where do you buy your DefTech gear? I picked mine up at Abt in Glenview this weekend. Anybody around here still carry the full Mirage line? All my Mirage stuff came from United Audio/Tweeter, but they're pretty much all closed up now. I've seen a few pieces at Best Buy Magnolia.

Awww, how cute. You measure your TV's size in inches...
HarleyRider is offline  
post #297 of 5595 Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Macfan424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post

Macfan,

I see you're in the Chicago area too. Where do you buy your DefTech gear? I picked mine up at Abt in Glenview this weekend. Anybody around here still carry the full Mirage line? All my Mirage stuff came from United Audio/Tweeter, but they're pretty much all closed up now. I've seen a few pieces at Best Buy Magnolia.

Where else but Abt? Seriously they are hard to beat, although I actually got a very good deal on the Three from BB/Magnolia by Old Orchard, and that's where I got the Mirage Omnisat v2 FS (on closeout). But as a rule, it's Abt for most of my gear: DefTech STS's, Kuro Plasma, Elite AVR, etc. (I used to buy a lot of stuff from United Audio, but Tweeter never seemed the same, and eventually I quit going there.)

I don't know of anyone here who carries the whole Mirage line anymore. I'm a bit surprised that Abt doesn't since they carry Klipsch and I assume they share a distributor. I think that's why BB/Magnolia has them. Mirage makes nice stuff. Not for everyone, I guess, but deserving of better distribution.
Macfan424 is offline  
post #298 of 5595 Old 03-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Member
 
wheelman76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman62801 View Post

Congrats on your purchase. I simply have speaker wire run to my ST's and set to large on my receiver. I do have a couple of subwoofers so I don't need much bass from the ST's. I researched this on AVS after purchasing my ST's and it appeared that only a few could notice any difference running LFE.

I tried hooking my STS's up with sub connects to the LFE.
No difference for music, but I did notice a difference for movies.
wheelman76 is offline  
post #299 of 5595 Old 03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
otk
AVS Special Member
 
otk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post

Holy crap! I can't believe I never knew that. Don't I feel like the idiot. I could've sworn there were speakers in the back of that thing. I must have been thinking of my old Mirage OM-C2. I know that one was bi-polar.

At least make me feel better by telling me there's a port or something in the back of the CLR2002...

actually i think the port is on the front just below the tweeter. i know it is on the clr2000, the clr2002 is just a smaller version of the clr2000

All this noise about noise.
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
Finding the acoustic sweet spot.
otk is offline  
post #300 of 5595 Old 03-12-2009, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
mvp2005fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyRider View Post

Hi all. Just wanted to share my excitement. I just bought two Mythos One's and a SuperCube I over the weekend to add to my HT setup. Wow! That's all I can say. What a fantastic sound! The Mythos One's replaced BP7004's and the SC I replaced a 10 year old Klipsch KSW12. I was pretty happy with the 7004's as my mains, but when I A/B'd them against the Mythos One's, there was no comparison. I kept my DefTech CLR2002 as my center because I like the bi-polar effect and mid-bass punch it has. (That and there was no way the wife was going to let me get the Mythos Eight, too. All I was "supposed" to be buying was a new sub.) But after I hooked everything up her exact quote was, "I don't know anything about this stuff, but even I can tell there's a big difference. It's so much clearer. It almost sounds live." Of course, I demo'd it for her by playing some Wilco, her favorite band. Proved to be a shrewd move on my part. .

Hey, HarleyRider--congrats on the speakers! Out of curiosity, what crossover did you settle on for the Mythos Ones?
mvp2005fan is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology Bp8 Tower Loudspeaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Definitive Technology Mythos 1 Tower Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos St 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos Sts 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bp7006 120v Tower Speaker Single Right Channel Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 4 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 5 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 7 Center Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos 3 Center Channel Speaker Single Black , Speaker Systems , Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Mythos Xtr 50 On Wall Or Shelf Mounting Ultra Thin Loudspeaker Black
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off