Hi guys, finally i have upgraded my AVR to a Denon 4311CI, but i have not been able to setup the audyssey auto-calibration correctly. There are multiple issues that has been outlined in the speaker configuration output. However i will only ask questions pertaining to my mythos ST speakers.
After the auto-calibration, aydyssey set the speakers automatically to small (which it shud set to large, and then manually i have to set to small), however it also adjusted the crossover to 120Hz.. which is weird.
I have already got some input from Denon 4311ci and aydyssey thread, and members there, asked me to check the way the ideal speakers are to be connected to the AVR. Hence checking here on this thread.
I am not using the internal Mythos ST subwoofer, i am using an external subwoofer basically a THT, its a monster in the folded horn sub category. Here are some questions.
1. I have set the Mythos ST sub all the way down to 0. Is that ok?
2. Do you recommend using the the ST's internal sub, are members who have a highly capable external sub using the ST's internal sub?
3. I am connecting the ST's to the AVR using speaker wires through the banana plugs, or should i also use the LFE port on the speaker? but again as i said, i dont use the ST's internal subwoofer so i think the lfe output on the speaker is not required.. right??
4. Is it ok to use the battery technique to check the polarity on the Mythos ST speakers??
5. Any other tips pertaining to Mythos ST on connection??