post #5611 of 5624 Old 12-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtlOff View Post
For that size room the SB would be just fine, Condo...., the SB may also be better on the neighbors too....lol.
I can't tell you first hand but from my research I believe performance wise, the SB and PC are about the same.
They do seem to get measured similarly. The one thing to note is that the SB will start to roll off earlier but the PB will roll-off more abruptly. However, we are talking in the 15hz range so probably not a big concern either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5612 of 5624 Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was wondering if any other Mythos ST owners are getting any type of 'electronic feedback' from the woofer portion of the speakers? I noticed recently my left ST is getting funky electronic feedback when I plug in the power for the sub and especially when I turn the woofer level up. I've tried swapping the power cords and still get the same result.
Let me know what this might be...thanks!
post #5613 of 5624 Old 01-09-2015, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 190
^^^ Switch out the left and right to make sure it is in the speaker. If so call customer service have them walk you through it. It may be a loose internal connection.

Chris

FS: 3 x 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html
post #5614 of 5624 Old 01-09-2015, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
^^^ Switch out the left and right to make sure it is in the speaker. If so call customer service have them walk you through it. It may be a loose internal connection.
ok cool...thanks!
post #5615 of 5624 Old 01-09-2015, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannieboiz View Post
which wall mountable mythos would sound as good or almost as good as the mythos ones?
The Mythos Eight. I have it as the center in my system with Mythos Fours for fronts, and Twos for rears. The Eight is the best speaker of them all...well except for the dual SB2000's. I really wish I could find Mythos Ones to match the Eight, but the Fours are adequate. I really wish I would've gone with Eights all around with the two subs.

Sorry for the really late reply...I'm sure you've found your solution by now. Please update your solution.
post #5616 of 5624 Old 01-09-2015, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I reconstructed the wall and shifted my TV above the fireplace and now the Mythos ones fits nicely so won't need to hang the fronts anymore.

FYIW I have Mythos 8 as the center and no doubt they sound great for their size.
post #5617 of 5624 Old 01-15-2015, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I recently got a pair of Mythos Gems and Mythos Gem Xl's (I know, I'm behind the times) I was wondering what center speaker would match with those speakers. I was looking at the Mythos Seven or the Procenter 1000 or 2000
post #5618 of 5624 Old 01-16-2015, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollbiscuits View Post
So I recently got a pair of Mythos Gems and Mythos Gem Xl's (I know, I'm behind the times) I was wondering what center speaker would match with those speakers. I was looking at the Mythos Seven or the Procenter 1000 or 2000
I would use the Mythos 8.

Front - Mythos ST, Center - Mythos 8 and 10
Front Height - Gems, Side Surround - Gem XL
Back Surround - Gem XL
Sub - Supercube Ref
There can never be enough music
post #5619 of 5624 Old 01-16-2015, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollbiscuits View Post
I ran a system consisting of 4 gem xl, mythos ten, and supercube reference for years. Sounded great so I'll say mythos ten.
post #5620 of 5624 Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I just ordered a SVS PC-2000. It seemed to be the best option for me...I wanted the sb-2000 but I think given my room dimensions the pb-2000 would have been the better choice but I didn't want the footprint of the pb-2000. The pc-1000 seemed to be the best compromise.

I wonder how I should set this up with my system, I have the mythos sts using the two sub connections on my denon avr-4000. Should I run the sts's without the sub wires?
post #5621 of 5624 Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
That's a tough one.

I have a pair of Mythos ST speakers and dual SVS PB-2000's under my screen.

The way I have these connected is that I'm using both subwoofer outs on my yamaha receiver and have it configured for Front Left/Right Subs. The front left is split between the left PB-2000 and the left mythos ST. The front right is split between the right PB-2000 and the right mythos ST.

Are you going to have the SVS Sub in the front or rear or the room? If it's the rear then I think that makes things easier.
post #5622 of 5624 Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4llz View Post
That's a tough one.

I have a pair of Mythos ST speakers and dual SVS PB-2000's under my screen.

The way I have these connected is that I'm using both subwoofer outs on my yamaha receiver and have it configured for Front Left/Right Subs. The front left is split between the left PB-2000 and the left mythos ST. The front right is split between the right PB-2000 and the right mythos ST.

Are you going to have the SVS Sub in the front or rear or the room? If it's the rear then I think that makes things easier.
I was playing around with the idea of having it in the rear but I may have it in the front right corner.

Why would the rear be easier?
post #5623 of 5624 Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
If it's the rear you can run it as the rear sub through your avr. Then you could split the front sub connection between the mythos STS.
post #5624 of 5624 Old Today, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4llz View Post
If it's the rear you can run it as the rear sub through your avr. Then you could split the front sub connection between the mythos STS.
Interesting, not sure that I saw that option for rear subs previously. But basically I'd just use one sub-out for my new rear sub and have audyssey assess that and the two STS's on the other.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology Bp8 Tower Loudspeaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Definitive Technology Mythos 1 Tower Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos St 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos Sts 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bp7006 120v Tower Speaker Single Right Channel Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 4 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 5 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 7 Center Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos 3 Center Channel Speaker Single Black , Speaker Systems , Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Mythos Xtr 50 On Wall Or Shelf Mounting Ultra Thin Loudspeaker Black
Gear in this thread