Definitive Technology Mythos Series Thread - Page 198 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #5911 of 5918 Old 08-14-2017, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmaster View Post
The Center is and has been an issue for many of us. Most people just turn up the Center volume. I ended up using 2 Centers (one on top of the other).
Do you think going from my Mythos Seven center channel to the Mythos Ten center channel would be an improvement? Would it still be matched to my Mythos Five L and R?

L&R: Mythos Five
C: Mythos Seven (wall mounted)
Sur L&R: Mythos Gem
Sure Back L&R: UIW63/A in ceiling
Sub: SVS PB-1000
Receiver: Denon X4000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5912 of 5918 Old 08-14-2017, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlanderbz View Post
Do you think going from my Mythos Seven center channel to the Mythos Ten center channel would be an improvement? Would it still be matched to my Mythos Five L and R?

L&R: Mythos Five
C: Mythos Seven (wall mounted)
Sur L&R: Mythos Gem
Sure Back L&R: UIW63/A in ceiling
Sub: SVS PB-1000
Receiver: Denon X4000
The Ten with sound better and keep up with the Mythos Five's and yes it will match with them. In comparison the Seven sounds pretty close to the Eight. Going from the Seven or Eight to the Ten the difference in sound quality is the Ten has a fuller, smoother and less harsh sound (on the upper end) than they do.

Definitive Technology:Front Height - Mythos Gem XL
Front - Mythos ST-L, Center - Mythos 10 & 8
Side Surround - Gem XL
Back Surround - Gem XL
Sub - Supercube Ref & SVS SB13 Ultra
There can never be enough music
post #5913 of 5918 Old 08-19-2017, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
7.2.4 Setup help

I have a room that measures 17' x 11' x 7' - 4"and I am going to set it up for 7.2.4 Dolby atmos using all mythos speakers and 4 in ceiling def techs. I plan to use mythos 10's for the front left, center and right. I was thinking of using mythos Gem XL's for the side and rear surrounds.

Either way I will have 1 sub in the front and 1 in the back for the deep bass, so I was thinking that the XL's would be fine for the rear and side speakers vs upgrading to a larger mythos 9 for the sides and rear.

Part of me thinks having the mythos 9's as side and rears would almost look dis-proportionally large vs the ceiling height of the room. Also the mythos 9's are direct speakers vs the Gem XL's that have angled drivers that disperse the sound over a broader area that may help with creating a larger sweet spot due to my narrow room width of 11'

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks

Last edited by jjlynch723; 08-19-2017 at 02:03 PM.

post #5914 of 5918 Old 08-20-2017, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlynch723 View Post
I have a room that measures 17' x 11' x 7' - 4"and I am going to set it up for 7.2.4 Dolby atmos using all mythos speakers and 4 in ceiling def techs. I plan to use mythos 10's for the front left, center and right. I was thinking of using mythos Gem XL's for the side and rear surrounds.

Either way I will have 1 sub in the front and 1 in the back for the deep bass, so I was thinking that the XL's would be fine for the rear and side speakers vs upgrading to a larger mythos 9 for the sides and rear.

Part of me thinks having the mythos 9's as side and rears would almost look dis-proportionally large vs the ceiling height of the room. Also the mythos 9's are direct speakers vs the Gem XL's that have angled drivers that disperse the sound over a broader area that may help with creating a larger sweet spot due to my narrow room width of 11'

Thanks

I have three mythos nines across the front with dual symmetrical Supercubes II's up front and Gem XL's in the rear. 5.2 setup. I am very pleased with the performance. Bass is full and very well balanced all throughout my room which is similar in size to yours. My room 23L x 17W x 7H. My seating position is about 16-17 feet away from my TV and speakers. Since your room is narrow, I agree that unless you have some space between you and the side speakers you may not hear a direct radiating speakers as well the diffuse pattern that the XL's will give. Depending where your seating position is you can probably get away with fewer speakers in a space that size. Once crossed over with subs, the mythos speakers can really be cranked easily to reference levels. I have rocked out with my setup of many times. Friends are always blown away when they experience my setup and the "you are there" feeling and volume I get when playing concerts. I bought a Pioneer SC-99 for Dolby Atmos. I plan to have a 5.2.2 setup. Just have not gotten around to installing the in ceiling speakers yet. Getting wires into my ceiling is not going to be an easy task. What speakers are you thinking about adding for Atmos?
post #5915 of 5918 Old 08-20-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcavila View Post
I have three mythos nines across the front with dual symmetrical Supercubes II's up front and Gem XL's in the rear. 5.2 setup. I am very pleased with the performance. Bass is full and very well balanced all throughout my room which is similar in size to yours. My room 23L x 17W x 7H. My seating position is about 16-17 feet away from my TV and speakers. Since your room is narrow, I agree that unless you have some space between you and the side speakers you may not hear a direct radiating speakers as well the diffuse pattern that the XL's will give. Depending where your seating position is you can probably get away with fewer speakers in a space that size. Once crossed over with subs, the mythos speakers can really be cranked easily to reference levels. I have rocked out with my setup of many times. Friends are always blown away when they experience my setup and the "you are there" feeling and volume I get when playing concerts. I bought a Pioneer SC-99 for Dolby Atmos. I plan to have a 5.2.2 setup. Just have not gotten around to installing the in ceiling speakers yet. Getting wires into my ceiling is not going to be an easy task. What speakers are you thinking about adding for Atmos?
Thanks for the input. My seating is about 9' from the screen so almost in the middle of the room. For atmos, I bought the DI5.5R from Definitive to match the size of my can lighting in the room
post #5916 of 5918 Old 08-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Thanks
I agree also that the XL's will do a great job. I have them for Front Height, Sides and Rear. Once setup correctly they seen to disappear but help fill the room as they should and more!! I've thought about adding ceiling speakers for Atmos but not sure if it is worth the extra effort it will take to run the wires.

Definitive Technology:Front Height - Mythos Gem XL
Front - Mythos ST-L, Center - Mythos 10 & 8
Side Surround - Gem XL
Back Surround - Gem XL
Sub - Supercube Ref & SVS SB13 Ultra
There can never be enough music
post #5917 of 5918 Old 08-23-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmaster View Post
I agree also that the XL's will do a great job. I have them for Front Height, Sides and Rear. Once setup correctly they seen to disappear but help fill the room as they should and more!! I've thought about adding ceiling speakers for Atmos but not sure if it is worth the extra effort it will take to run the wires.
Thanks, I think Im going to roll with the XL's for surrounds and rears vs the 9's
post #5918 of 5918 Old 08-23-2017, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Thanks, I think Im going to roll with the XL's for surrounds and rears vs the 9's
Another vote for the xl. I use them as surrounds and front heights. Capable little speaker that sounds as good as it looks lol. Hope you enjoy them.

Harmony Elite, UN65F9000 with SEK-3500, Denon X4300H, Denon 2500BTCI, HR54-500, C51-100, C61K-700, Xbox 360, Chromecast 2.0, Mythos ST, Mythos Ten, Mythos Gem XL, Supercube Reference, Belkin PF60, Tartan and Monoprice cables, Zone 2/3 AW5500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology Bp8 Tower Loudspeaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Definitive Technology Mythos 1 Tower Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos St 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos Sts 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bp7006 120v Tower Speaker Single Right Channel Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 4 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 5 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 7 Center Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos 3 Center Channel Speaker Single Black , Speaker Systems , Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Mythos Xtr 50 On Wall Or Shelf Mounting Ultra Thin Loudspeaker Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page