Forum Jump: 

post #1591 of 5578 Old 10-18-2009, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fquails View Post

Why not use the Dynamo for music listening, then turn the Klipsch on only for movies?

I have two Supercube II's when listening to music. They are smaller, and thus, produce tighter and quicker bass than a subwoofer with large drivers. But because of their small size, they don't go down low enough for a satisfying movie experience.

Which is why I run a 12 inch Klipsch subwoofer to handle the low frequency effects of movies.

So for music, I have the 2 Supercubes II. For movies, I have 2 supercubes II's PLUS the 12 inch Klipsch.

I just have the Klipsch on a different switched electrical outlet that I can turn on/off independently.

Thanks for the suggestion. I use my room for theater 99% of the time, so I don't think I need two subs. I will eventually get a SuperCube1, but for now, I am leaning on keeping the Klipsch and selling the Martin Logan Dynamo.

Thanks again though.

AW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 06:56 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis10 View Post

I agree the 10 is a better "center channel" then the 9 due to it's a few hz lower but if a company makes a matching center , why would one recommend something different? Granted timbre matching is key to synergy between speakers and the 10 and 9 don't really sound much different, actually they are extremely close.
But the 9 is the perfect match for STS , I just don't understand using something else even the 10. Why not finish off the front array and upgrade the STS to ST? They 2 have better bass and actually sound better then the STS. If you listen to one then the other , it's noticeable enough to want the same improvement.
Having a great channel channel is key to any theater system, I do however get it wanting more.

I am not one to know enough other then to share what I was told by those who do- I respect your thoughts and I am not arguing them in the least. I asked similar questions prior to purchasing the set and as we both know opinions vary... as for the ST over the STS and bass, I have the Reference Sub by Def Tech and truth be told just don't see the point in paying to move up from the STS to the ST... I might jump on another sub first
post #1593 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Since the silvers have been 'on sale' for a year for $[< half msrp], it's obvious it's not a close-out sale, or a discontinuance sale. To me it means they are manufacturing and selling silvers for $[< half msrp] and everyone in the supply chain is making a profit. The black models sells for well over twice that price. I'm wondering about the logic of this marketing/ selling scheme by DefTech.
Doesn't this type of pricing lower the image and perception of the entire Mythos line? Are they selling them for break-even [a loss- leader], why?

I wonder if anyone here has bought them and spray- painted them black[!].

If I like their sound I may buy a pair myself. I would use them in a 2.1 setup for a fireplace- mounted 50" and for music in a 20x25 room.

cheers~

ComradeBrehznev

post #1594 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeBrehznev View Post

Since the silvers have been 'on sale' for a year for $380, it's obvious it's not a close-out sale, or a discontinuance sale. To me it means they are manufacturing and selling silvers for $380 and everyone in the supply chain is making a profit. The black models sells for well over twice that price. I'm wondering about the logic of this marketing/ selling scheme by DefTech.
Doesn't this type of pricing lower the image and perception of the entire Mythos line? Are they selling them for break-even [a loss- leader], why?

If I like their sound I may buy a pair myself. I would use them in a 2.1 setup for a fireplace- mounted 50" and for music in a 20x25 room.

cheers~

They discontinued some silver models last year and this summer they stopped production of all silver speakers, so after the current stock runs out there won't be anymore.
post #1595 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I know there are many topic's on this thread. I should start a new one on this topic but for now I'll post here.

Why do you own Mythos series speakers? It's a deep question . Like what's first in your life , music or theater?

There are so many other speakers out there to get to know , why Mythos , why not BP? Why not B&W or Triad?

Lets talk people.

I have 4 Mythos Ones and an Eight....

There were 3 main reasons. First is the size. I was replacing a set of Paradigm Cinema speakers that were on stands. Not only are the Ones about 4 times larger that what they were replacing, they actually have a smaller footprint. The Eight fits exactly under the panel of my Pioneer Kuro 5010, and does not block any of the screen.

Secondly, the price of the silvers is insane.

And finally and most importantly, I liked the sound I heard in the Magnolia showroom of the Twos.
post #1596 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Since the silvers have been 'on sale' for a year for $380, it's obvious it's not a close-out sale, or a discontinuance sale. To me it means they are manufacturing and selling silvers for $380 and everyone in the supply chain is making a profit. The black models sells for well over twice that price. I'm wondering about the logic of this marketing/ selling scheme by DefTech.

cheers~

As rnrn posted, once they're gone they're gone as Definitive told me when I called. Spray painted? Not me but when I get the rest of mine the auto painter is waiting for them. He'll make them gloss black for me for just a few bucks.
post #1597 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM

I just got my MFW-15 and it is a beautiful sub It's a lot larger than I imagined, even though I knew the dimensions before I bought it!
post #1598 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post

As rnrn posted, once they're gone they're gone as Definitive told me when I called. Spray painted? Not me but when I get the rest of mine the auto painter is waiting for them. He'll make them gloss black for me for just a few bucks.

Aha! Excellent idea.

I'm not so much interested in surround effects, so could current Mythos One owners comment on their suitability for 2.1 stereo music? Classic/ progressive/ folk rock mainly. [a little Pink Floyd everyday.] I have a Pioneer VSX1016 which is over 100W/ ch. I have a low $$ sub, that I would replace before too long with a small either Velodyne or DT. The setup would also be used for everyday TV and Blu-Ray/ DVD movies. The TV will be mounted over the fireplace in one corner of a 20x25 room, M1's on either side.
thanks!

ComradeBrehznev

post #1599 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:

Aha! Excellent idea.

I'm not so much interested in surround effects, so could current Mythos One owners comment on their suitability for 2.1 stereo music? Classic/ progressive/ folk rock mainly. [a little Pink Floyd everyday.] I have a Pioneer VSX1016 which is over 100W/ ch. I have a low $$ sub, that I would replace before too long with a small either Velodyne or DT. The setup would also be used for everyday TV and Blu-Ray/ DVD movies. The TV will be mounted over the fireplace in one corner of a 20x25 room, M1's on either side.
thanks!

Although I have a surround system, I listen to stereo music using my Mythos One front speakers 80-90% of the time. I love them so much, I paid a nominally discounted price for black ones---which is still unfortunately much more than the current price for the silver model.

Sound is a very subjective and personal matter, though. Just because I like the Mythos "sound" does not guarantee you'll like it, too. I would recommend auditioning them yourself and find out if the Mythos sound is something you'll enjoy. Unfortunately, room acoustics play a major part in speakers' frequency response, so what you hear in a hi-fi store may be completely different from what you'll hear in your house. The best way is to find a shop that will let you audition the speakers in your house, with the option to return if you're not happy.

For what it's worth, the link below are some of my thoughts about the Mythos One speakers:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post17378820
post #1600 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-home View Post

I am not one to know enough other then to share what I was told by those who do- I respect your thoughts and I am not arguing them in the least. I asked similar questions prior to purchasing the set and as we both know opinions vary... as for the ST over the STS and bass, I have the Reference Sub by Def Tech and truth be told just don't see the point in paying to move up from the STS to the ST... I might jump on another sub first

The ST vs STS isn't just low extention. There is a difference in mid range clarity and overall synergy with the speaker that the STS simply falls behind. Again this is my personal opinion listening to these speakers over the last year in many different homes , systems and on our showroom floor.
I really couldn't decide between the 2 either. It was difficult because how damn good the STS is. Then you go listen to the ST and find the last word in overall production. Retail it's a considerable amount of money to move up.
You choose the STS for your reasons, it's a good choice. I choose the ST for my reasons. Another good choice.
As far as the Supercube Reference, nice work man. I love that sub. Working with the STS is a making of a super good system. I'm sure your loving it. Excellent choice.
post #1601 of 5578 Old 10-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

I have 4 Mythos Ones and an Eight....

There were 3 main reasons. First is the size. I was replacing a set of Paradigm Cinema speakers that were on stands. Not only are the Ones about 4 times larger that what they were replacing, they actually have a smaller footprint. The Eight fits exactly under the panel of my Pioneer Kuro 5010, and does not block any of the screen.

Secondly, the price of the silvers is insane.

And finally and most importantly, I liked the sound I heard in the Magnolia showroom of the Twos.

Paradigm Cinema series are fine speakers for the price. I really dig them. I find Paradigm makes better on wall in wall in ceiling speakers then there floor standing models. I don't know what happens when they go floor other then muddy reproduction. I don't get it.

Nice to see Ones for rears. I bet they sound great. I would actually find them to be slight low , did you use any kind of stand? Like a Box or something? To get them above ear height? If I spec'd them as rears , I would find a way to get the tweeter at 72 inches from the floor. Custom matched to the room platforms would really be trick.
Actually I would use 8's in the rear. Did you consider this? On wall ? If not I assume you have placement issues or like floor standing speakers for rears. I think it's cool as you have a really matched system. So if you didn't boost up the Ones height in the rear , Consider it. I bet they would perform even better then they do now.
I remember seeing pic's of someone using Ones as rears , did you post pic's?
post #1602 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 AM

AV/HT newbie so please take it easy. I tried a search and apparently I don't know the best way to do it or there's no info. After reading through quite a few pages and feeling pretty overwhelmed I thought I'd ask people's opinions on the Mythos 2 & 3 and Mythos 6 & 7 for the front 3 channels.
This will be my 1st HT buying experience and I'll be going to audition them tomorrow with my wooden ears at a Magnolia store.
Would these centers be considered MTM and do they suffer from the losses that I've read about? Any positives, negatives, etc?
I've yet to hear them but out of all the speakers I've researched on the internet these would appear to be the best fit for under my plasma unit and also aesthetically appealing in my home so I'm really curious to know more about them.
post #1603 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 05:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

The ST vs STS isn't just low extention. There is a difference in mid range clarity and overall synergy with the speaker that the STS simply falls behind. Again this is my personal opinion listening to these speakers over the last year in many different homes , systems and on our showroom floor.
I really couldn't decide between the 2 either. It was difficult because how damn good the STS is. Then you go listen to the ST and find the last word in overall production. Retail it's a considerable amount of money to move up.
You choose the STS for your reasons, it's a good choice. I choose the ST for my reasons. Another good choice.
As far as the Supercube Reference, nice work man. I love that sub. Working with the STS is a making of a super good system. I'm sure your loving it. Excellent choice.

You gotta stop... you are giving me upgradeitis again. I got the STS' at such a good price I am not sure if the $$ between the two would be worth the jump... part of me wants to jump for the Mordaunt Short Performance 6 LE (I can get them wholesale) but the ST's definitely still have some envy to them
post #1604 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post

AV/HT newbie so please take it easy. I tried a search and apparently I don't know the best way to do it or there's no info. After reading through quite a few pages and feeling pretty overwhelmed I thought I'd ask people's opinions on the Mythos 2 & 3 and Mythos 6 & 7 for the front 3 channels.
This will be my 1st HT buying experience and I'll be going to audition them tomorrow with my wooden ears at a Magnolia store.
Would these centers be considered MTM and do they suffer from the losses that I've read about? Any positives, negatives, etc?
I've yet to hear them but out of all the speakers I've researched on the internet these would appear to be the best fit for under my plasma unit and also aesthetically appealing in my home so I'm really curious to know more about them.

Hi, irishluck--welcome to the thread!

I think you will find the 2/3's to fit your bill IF they are paired with a good sub. (they will not sound hearly as good alone). They are very fine speakers and offer great value. They are most probably going to sound fuller than the 6/7's

I am not sure what "losses" you are referring to, unless you are referring to the lack of a midbass hump (intentional--which is why a sub is necessary).

As far as your "wooden ears"--since YOU are the one who will be living with the system, they are the only ears that matter

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1605 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Hi, irishluck--welcome to the thread!

I think you will find the 2/3's to fit your bill IF they are paired with a good sub. (they will not sound hearly as good alone). They are very fine speakers and offer great value. They are most probably going to sound fuller than the 6/7's

I am not sure what "losses" you are referring to, unless you are referring to the lack of a midbass hump (intentional--which is why a sub is necessary).

As far as your "wooden ears"--since YOU are the one who will be living with the system, they are the only ears that matter

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Thanks for your reply, your sounding fuller theory is the same one I had due to speaker size & price I will definitely be pairing these with a sub and moving from a 3.1 to a 5.1 in the near future.

The losses I'm talking about are when you have a horizontally designed MTM set-up for your center channel. Please bear in mind I am a AV/HT absolute beginner but I've been reading tons of info to try to educate myself. If I'm reading correctly it makes much more sense to vertically align the tweeter higher than the supporting mid-range speakers. WTMW is the preferred layout if I've got it down correctly. The information I'm referencing came directly from this article which is quite educational http://www.audioholics.com/education...peaker-designs.

The wooden ears are a joke as I really don't know what I'm listening for other than what sounds good to me Hopefully I'll have time today to go check them out! Any and all advice, suggestions or information is appreciated, thanks!
post #1606 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post

Thanks for your reply, your sounding fuller theory is the same one I had due to speaker size & price I will definitely be pairing these with a sub and moving from a 3.1 to a 5.1 in the near future.

The losses I'm talking about are when you have a horizontally designed MTM set-up for your center channel. Please bear in mind I am a AV/HT absolute beginner but I've been reading tons of info to try to educate myself. If I'm reading correctly it makes much more sense to vertically align the tweeter higher than the supporting mid-range speakers. WTMW is the preferred layout if I've got it down correctly. The information I'm referencing came directly from this article which is quite educational http://www.audioholics.com/education...peaker-designs.

The wooden ears are a joke as I really don't know what I'm listening for other than what sounds good to me Hopefully I'll have time today to go check them out! Any and all advice, suggestions or information is appreciated, thanks!

Understood. I wouldn't worry terribly about the issue between the difference between how the matched speakers sound horizontally versus vertically. As you know, the speakers will sound slightly different (especially off-axis) if you change the orientation for the reasons you have cited. That's why there are purists out there who mandate that every speaker (and it's orientation) must be absolutely identical to achieve HT nirvana. While that might be the ideal, for most of us, having a vertical center channel of substantial size is a non-practical proposition.

That said, I wouldn't worry a lot about it because tons of folks have perfectly fine sounding front stages with a horizontal center as long as the center is voice matched to the mains. The 3 is an excellent center and was Def Tech's flagship center when the Mythos line first came out. Just make sure it's aimed properly and I suspect you'll be very happy.

I would point out: while important in theory (and perhaps in practice) the effect of the orientation of the center speaker, pales in comparison to the huge effect the specific characteristics your room will have on your aural experience.

As far as your other question, to me personally, the key to auditioning speakers is to bring selections of materials that you are personally familiar with and then listen in conditions that closely simulate your particular application as possible. Choose varied material--music (different genres), different types of movies, stuff with treble, mids, and bass, and don't forget a male spoken voice recording if you can. Take your time and go when it's not busy so you can mess with things apart from the noisy crowds. Don't let the salesperson crank up the volume unduly (going overloud can hide speaker flaws).

Finally, RELAX and trust your ears--don't worry about what someone else (including me) thinks is "right". Sometimes lots and lots info can be a bad thing if it 1) gets in the way of your truly listening, or 2) keeps things from being fun.

Good luck!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1607 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 AM

MVP - Thanks for taking the time to help me out and give me a bit of an education. Off for some lunch and then to go check out the Magnolia BB for some listening pleasure...
Does anybody have any recommendations in the Vegas area for other places to audition comparable speakers? Thanks again!
post #1608 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post17047580

Follow the link and you can see pic's of my 10's on wall as rears. They are 71 1/2 inches to the center of the tweeter. This is ideal height for rears. I have heard all of Def Tech's rear channel speakers and I like the 10's the best. I listen to a lot of music.

great set up!! but since you are single you dont have to worry about the WAF i guess...

i have considered switching my mythos two and three for a some 10's.. still considering ...
post #1609 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-home View Post

You gotta stop... you are giving me upgradeitis again. I got the STS' at such a good price I am not sure if the $$ between the two would be worth the jump... part of me wants to jump for the Mordaunt Short Performance 6 LE (I can get them wholesale) but the ST's definitely still have some envy to them

Sorry Bro, I get excited when comparing these 2. I probably did the VS more then one human should. You don't need ST's you already have 88% of that so your good.......for now..
post #1610 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv47lg70 View Post

great set up!! but since you are single you dont have to worry about the WAF i guess...

i have considered switching my mythos two and three for a some 10's.. still considering ...

My man, I'm married (very happy on good days) with 2 kids. Look at all that color in the room, you think a single cat would bother himself with all that? Well maybe some might but I wouldn't. LOL

My wife just excepts the fact I'm heavily into my hobby. I am also a professional so I buy new gear all the time. She is use to that as well. She still gives me the rolling eyes but she know it will never end.

It's not going to live in the family room forever. I have a 9 foot basement that I'm dying to get down there and build my dream theater. It's been into planning for over 7 years.
post #1611 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 PM

New guy to the thread here. I've been reading up about the Mythos ST/STS the past few days. I've never seen so many stellar reviews for a product before. I do have a few questions though and would appreciate any responses.

A little background on my situation. I live in a condo and have had NHT 1.5 bookshelf speakers (fronts and rears) for my 5.1 setup for the past 10 years. I use a very small sub (Yamaha YST-SW105) at very low levels. I've been looking for speakers for almost a year and never considered floor standing speakers until recently for fear that they would be too heavy on the bass and disturb my neighbors.

And now the questions...

1) I have always heard that it's best to set up speakers with the tweeter at ear level. It always made sense to me. But that doesn't appear possible given the height of these speakers.

2) I noticed that a couple people are using Mythos Ten's for their surrounds. This configuration interests me, but I wouldn't want to hang them on the wall. Well I wouldn't mind hanging them, but I think putting speakers on the wall would be a nuisance to the neighbors. Would it be possible to put these on stands like the Mythos six's?

3) I'm leaning toward the ST's as a number of people here feel there is a reasonable improvement in the imaging and clarity over the STS. I will be listening to most music and TV at low to middle volume levels. Will the larger ST give a fuller sound at these levels? I don't need the extra bass of the ST, but the additional openness and clarity would be a great plus.

Thanks for reading and for sharing your thoughts.
post #1612 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBKellyUSA View Post

2) I noticed that a couple people are using Mythos Ten's for their surrounds. This configuration interests me, but I wouldn't want to hang them on the wall. Well I wouldn't mind hanging them, but I think putting speakers on the wall would be a nuisance to the neighbors. Would it be possible to put these on stands like the Mythos six's?

I've asked definitive if the Six stands could be used for any other Mythos speakers and they told me that they will only work with the Six or Seven due to weight restrictions. The Six/Seven only weigh eight pounds each, whereas the Eight/Nine/Ten each weigh at least 20 pounds.
post #1613 of 5578 Old 10-20-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:

1) I have always heard that it's best to set up speakers with the tweeter at ear level. It always made sense to me. But that doesn't appear possible given the height of these speakers.

A quick look up verifies that in a sitting position on my couch, the tweeter of the ST is at ear level. The tweeter isn't the top-most driver in the tower. It's below one of the 5" drivers.

Quote:

The Ten's don't have any rear porting or anything that would cause the sound to travel out the back. The design of the passive resonators should take drive nearly all the low-end sound out the front. I'd be more concerned about the subs in the STs as mine an be quite powerful especially when the LFE track on a movie is very active (and overly powerful IMO).

Quote:

3) I'm leaning toward the ST's as a number of people here feel there is a reasonable improvement in the imaging and clarity over the STS. I will be listening to most music and TV at low to middle volume levels. Will the larger ST give a fuller sound at these levels? I don't need the extra bass of the ST, but the additional openness and clarity would be a great plus.

Thanks for reading and for sharing your thoughts.

My wife has extremely sensitive hearing so the majority of my listening is at low volume. The ST has a much more defined and clear mid-range along with a richer low-end. The STS was certainly a pleasant speaker to listen to, but the ST is a significant improvement for music, especially with female vocalists. For movies/tv, I couldn't tell any difference between the ST and the STS. In the end, the STS was good, but the ST had my wife and me saying "wow".
post #1614 of 5578 Old 10-21-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:

Just saw this post in the what's your configuration section:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17307687

Might want to ask him what kind of stands those are.
post #1615 of 5578 Old 10-21-2009, 06:58 AM

I had the silver Mythos Ones in my Amazon shopping cart for two days. When I put them in, the seller was Vanns, for $[< half msrp]. Yesterday their product listing page changed to HiDef for the same price, but my cart stayed with Vanns.

I got up this morning to place the order, and the price in my cart had gone up $70. Great timing, I thought!

But I removed them from the cart and went back to the product page, where they were shown as $[the original low price] from HiDef. LOL. So I proceeded to order those!

And I tried upgrading the shipping from free, and the shipping cost was $[> one spkr]. [about enough for decent SW]. Free shipping within a week, great deal.
I'm waiting....

ComradeBrehznev

post #1616 of 5578 Old 10-22-2009, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrn View Post

Just saw this post in the what's your configuration section:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17307687

Might want to ask him what kind of stands those are.

Those are the Sanus FF1 stands according to the poster.

post #1617 of 5578 Old 10-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

mvp2005fan,
As requested , here are some pic's of my current system. My system changes a lot and the next upgrade will finally be a new Tv.

Consists of:
TV Sony 46 RPTV(Being replaced with a Panasonic 58 or 65 Plasma)
Receiver Pioneer ELite SC-07
Power Panamax M5500ex
Control Universal MSC400 with mx950
Apple Tv
Universal Ipod House dock(Used with Mx6000)
Comcast DVR HD
DVD/SACD/DVD AUDIO/CD Pioneer ELite dv58av
Blu Ray Sony Ps3 (maybe a Oppo 83 next)
Xbox360 with HD DVD Drive and used for Netflix streaming
Speakers:
Definitive Technolgy Mythos St mains
" " Mythos 10 center
" " Mythos 10 rears
Sub is used internal ST for now , still deciding if I need a external sub.
Linksys 8 port switch for all network connections. Feed by Apple Extreme Router located in Basement with Comcast Modem.
dedicated 20 amp circuit with a Ps Audio Power port outlet in Decor white.
Lighting control around the house is currently Lutron Spacer system but is being replaced with Control 4.
Wiring is Binary HDMI , Audioquest Sub cables , Audioquest speaker wire with DH labs Silver sonic mains wire all in 14-2 CL3 rated , Audioquest custom Component cables and audio cables for all analog connections which include Remote located Ipod dock in Masterbed which also has network connection , control , Audioquest 1m Powercable from the Panamax to the wall (for shorter run and cleaner Install)
Zone 2 is sent out Line level to basement amp with Polk Audio in wall , in ceiling , outdoor speakers around the house. All locations have in wall volume controls by Niles audio. This system will change in near future with a full Control 4 control system which will replace all Universal controls and RF base units around the house.
Iphone controls Apple Tv as a source in zone 2 for cover art control in rooms without a display. It's great for the garage when cleaning the trucks or sitting out on the deck drinking etc. There is a Apple Express for other streams from Apple computers around the house. Total of 5 Itunes Libraries. This is becoming less and less important due to Easy Sharing feature with the update of OS10x Snow Leopard.
post #1618 of 5578 Old 10-22-2009, 08:28 PM

That's very good cable management, especially considering how much equipment you have. The tens look great on the wall.

I'm also looking at a 58" Panny or possibly Sammy for my next tv. I sold both my living room & bedroom TVs and am using a 24" dell monitor until black friday...keeping my fingers crossed for a good deal!
post #1619 of 5578 Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

plus one on that.. damn!! my thoughts exactly.. that is beautiful on the cable work.. very organized.. did you do that? or an installer.. i couldnt imagine an installer doing that good of work though!!
post #1620 of 5578 Old 10-23-2009, 03:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv47lg70 View Post

plus one on that.. damn!! my thoughts exactly.. that is beautiful on the cable work.. very organized.. did you do that? or an installer.. i couldnt imagine an installer doing that good of work though!!

LOL thanks. Actually I am a Audio Video Installer/Programmer. Whats funny is that is a rush job. I had a full Dynaudio Audience speaker package with Rotel separates , then I replaced the Preamp with the Pioneer ELite receiver , had the center channel in the cabinet where the DVD player is. All my cables where custom cut to fit the last setup. I didn't remake my cables and reused the HDMI cables with the gear in different places in the rack. I had to make due with what I had. The wire management was actually much neater.
I take pride in my work and I specialize in wire management. I love Building big racks for huge house systems.
Anyone can do it with proper training and planning.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology Bp8 Tower Loudspeaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Definitive Technology Mythos 1 Tower Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos St 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos Sts 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bp7006 120v Tower Speaker Single Right Channel Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 4 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 5 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 7 Center Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos 3 Center Channel Speaker Single Black , Speaker Systems , Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Mythos Xtr 50 On Wall Or Shelf Mounting Ultra Thin Loudspeaker Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page