Forum Jump: 

post #1711 of 5569 Old 11-01-2009, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric2L View Post

I just bought 2 Mythos 1 towers on friday, and will be adding a Mythos 3 center plus a set of Gems for rears next month. I have them hooked up to a Yamaha RX V765 receiver. I'm having a problem deciding on a sub to go with this set up, & was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions for a good sub around the $500.00 price range. I was thinking Velodyne, but there is so many to choose from, I just don't know which would be best.

My room size is approxmatly 14'X18' with a 6' opening to my dining area.

Check these out:

http://svsound.com/products-sub.cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 5569 Old 11-01-2009, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrunodna View Post

. . .Do folks often mount L/R speakers at a different horizontal plane than the tv? Certainly this is the case with setups using floorstanding speakers. . .

I would not advise this--if the L/R are way away from the level of the TV, you can get a weird disconnect between the audio and visual. In fact, many of us with floorstanders, mount the TV so it is at the optimum height with the speakers.

Quote:

. . .I was thinking of centering L/R speakers vertically with the tv, or line them up with the bottom of the tv. The plasma is 38" high and the mythos nine are 28". That means I would have ~5" top and bottom if I centered vertically. BUT that also means putting them higher up on the wall by 5"

I would go for the vertically centered configuration for the reasons stated above. As I recall, you are sitting back far enough away that the effect of aiming the speakers isn't as critical. (The same holds true for the center, I suspect).

Quote:

It's really a matter of aesthetics vs. function. Trust me, I feel having the tv over the fireplace isn't very functional to begin with, however pleasing the spouse gets me a 65V10 Once I had her hooked on the tv, the audio setup wasn't even a debate

Yep, WAF is clearly the final common pathway to audio/visual goodness!

(Does anyone remember that Sound & Vision article a while back that chronicled the author's attempts to get his wife to agree to a home theater as they went from store to store. Man! I'm glad I'm not married to the woman in that article--she basically emasculated the dude in public!)
post #1713 of 5569 Old 11-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

I would not advise this--if the L/R are way away from the level of the TV, you can get a weird disconnect between the audio and visual. In fact, many of us with floorstanders, mount the TV so it is at the optimum height with the speakers.

I would go for the vertically centered configuration for the reasons stated above.

Yep, WAF is clearly the final common pathway to audio/visual goodness!

(Does anyone remember that Sound & Vision article a while back that chronicled the author's attempts to get his wife to agree to a home theater as they went from store to store. Man! I'm glad I'm not married to the woman in that article--she basically emasculated the dude in public!)

Women are hard to please no matter what. Finding one that excepts your hobby is a rare find. They are always the keepers.
My wife doesn't understand why I need new stuff all the time. I love this and have before I met her.
post #1714 of 5569 Old 11-01-2009, 05:07 PM

Gentlemen,

Long time reader on this forum, first time poster here. I just purchased 4 Mythos 1's (in silver) and one Mythos 9 for my center. I'm replacing/upgrading from 4 Sony SS-F7000 speakers - Yes, yes, I know, Sony Speakers?

I know this is a REALLY stupid question, and I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but the Mythos 1's are a going to be a huge step up, correct? This is the most I've ever spent on speakers so just trying to feel better about my purchase.

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-90TXV receiver providing the power, a Pioneer Elite DVD player and a Pioneer Kuro 5020.

Thanks in advance for any help and opinions.

Michael
post #1715 of 5569 Old 11-01-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post

Gentlemen,

Long time reader on this forum, first time poster here. I just purchased 4 Mythos 1's (in silver) and one Mythos 9 for my center. I'm replacing/upgrading from 4 Sony SS-F7000 speakers - Yes, yes, I know, Sony Speakers?

I know this is a REALLY stupid question, and I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but the Mythos 1's are a going to be a huge step up, correct? This is the most I've ever spent on speakers so just trying to feel better about my purchase.

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-90TXV receiver providing the power, a Pioneer Elite DVD player and a Pioneer Kuro 5020.

Thanks in advance for any help and opinions.

Michael

Mythos One speakers were designed to work with a subwoofer. Make sure you buy a good sub, and you will be happy with your new speakers.
post #1716 of 5569 Old 11-01-2009, 05:51 PM

MD Boy,

I am not familiar with your particular Sony speakers, so I cannot comment on your specific comparison. But, I recently upgraded from Cerwin Vegas (front), Phoenix Gold (side/rear surrounds in-wall), and Def Tech MK100 (back surrounds), and a Klipsch Center Channel.

I went with Mythos Ones all around on a 7.1 system, with a Mythos Eight for center, and for the time being I am still using a Klipsch KSW12 for a subwoofer.

I noticed an amazing improvement in sound quality. Amazing clarity, especially when listening to dialogue from the Center Channel. The Klipsch center channel was a good speaker, but there were times, when watching a movie, that dialogue just could not be understood, and I would have to rewind and listen again, and sometimes still couldn't understand the dialogue. I would have to turn CC on, which I don't like to do.

With the Mythos Ones, and Eight for a center, I have eliminated the, albeit rare, muffled dialogue problem.

I know that my words are subjective, but the Mythos Ones produce beautiful, crisp, clear sound.

The 120" picture produced via my 1080p projector is better than the commercial cinema's picture. And now my sound system, with my Onkyo 876 and M1s and M8, blows the commercial cinema's sound system away, IMO, especially considering I am not listening to someone sitting behind me, crunching popcorn in my ear. I really have no desire to go to the commercial movie theater anymore.

I think you will be very happy! Do you have a sub yet? You will need a sub woofer with the Mythos Ones. The subwoofer makes a big difference, as opposed to the Mythos Ones w/o a sub.

Give us an update when you get all set up.
post #1717 of 5569 Old 11-01-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fquails View Post

Mythos One speakers were designed to work with a subwoofer. Make sure you buy a good sub, and you will be happy with your new speakers.

Hey Man, thanks for the response.

Currently I have a Premier Acoustics PA-120 sub-woofer; it's pretty much a budget sub but it sounds pretty good, for the time being I guess. I'll pony up for one of the Super Cube's in the future =)

Any opinions how the Mythos 1's sound while watching football or all sports, for that matter?
post #1718 of 5569 Old 11-01-2009, 07:36 PM

Liked: 11
Thank you all for the feedback.

I plowed into the job today fishing speaker wire and running HDMI cables. I decided to mount the L/R nines centered on the TV vertically even though this puts them higher up on the wall. I am still waiting on my promounts to put the center above the panel. I held it up there and it really doesn't look bad. While mounting the nines two things came up.

1) The speakers sit about 1/4" off the wall. Is this normal? The pins are completely dropped into their slots, I was just expecting it to be flush on the wall. Now that I think about it, that would be bad for vibration.

2) I fed speaker wire directly to the speaker and inserted them in bare. How do you properly do this on these speakers? Do you feed both wires in between the terminals then outward? Or do you separate the wires and feed the terminals from the outside towards each other? It was fairly cramped and I was afraid the proximity of the wires would short something out. I drilled a single 3/8" hole for the speaker wire using the template, so it's right on the terminal locations.
post #1719 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voigtskins View Post

Mantis10 This is a question for you!!!! Thanks

Mantis10 Please could you answer my previous quote on the Mythos 10 speaker setup

EAP {First Fifty} OPPO BDP-83 BLU-RAY, Oppo BDP-93 First Batch Issued, Oppo BDP-103 First Batch Issued

post #1720 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 AM

Mantis, what kind of HDMI cords are those?? didnt see it listed, thanks.
post #1721 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:

Currently I have a Premier Acoustics PA-120 sub-woofer; it's pretty much a budget sub but it sounds pretty good, for the time being I guess. I'll pony up for one of the Super Cube's in the future =)

Any opinions how the Mythos 1's sound while watching football or all sports, for that matter?

In my room, for my ears, they sound GREAT for music, and GOOD for movies, TV, sports.

I use my Mythos 1s for music 80-90% of the time, so that's the main reason I bought them.

In all honesty, for dedicated home theater use, I would use Klipsch speakers because they are in-your-face exaggerated loud, which is great for action flicks. However, what makes the Klipsch speakers great for movies, makes them fatiguing for long term music listening.

The Mythos 1' sound is more 'laid back' compared to Klipsch.
post #1722 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fquails View Post

In my room, for my ears, they sound GREAT for music, and GOOD for movies, TV, sports.

I use my Mythos 1s for music 80-90% of the time, so that's the main reason I bought them.

In all honesty, for dedicated home theater use, I would use Klipsch speakers because they are in-your-face exaggerated loud, which is great for action flicks. However, what makes the Klipsch speakers great for movies, makes them fatiguing for long term music listening.

The Mythos 1' sound is more 'laid back' compared to Klipsch.

My use for the Mythos Ones is 95% Home Theater, and I love the clarity, and crispness of sound. The sound is seamless around the entire room. When/If I want in my face loud, or more bass, I crank it up. The 876, 6 Mythos One, and my Klipsch sub goes wherever I need it to go.

All of these are just personal opinions. No one can offer anything objective, and if you compare objective data, and choose a speaker set up based on that data, there is no guarantee that you will be happy with it. Speaker preference is, often, a purely subjective analysis.

But all I can offer, is the fact I love my Def Tech Mythos One/Eight Theater, of course with a sub.
post #1723 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awanders View Post

All of these are just personal opinions. No one can offer anything objective, and if you compare objective data, and choose a speaker set up based on that data, there is no guarantee that you will be happy with it. Speaker preference is, often, a purely subjective analysis.

Indeed. The best way to evaluate speakers is to listen to them yourself in the room you plan to put them in.
post #1724 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1) The speakers sit about 1/4" off the wall. Is this normal? The pins are completely dropped into their slots, I was just expecting it to be flush on the wall. Now that I think about it, that would be bad for vibration..

Make sure the screws on the back of the Mythos are tightened in all the way before sliding into the mount. Then, when you slide the screws into slots on the wall mount, there should be some tension, and the speaker will sort of slide and snap into place with a definite end point. If you are able to remove the speaker easy from the wall, you probably haven't pushed the speaker down far enough downward into the mount. (This is what happened to me the first time I tried to mount the speaker--I was afraid to slide the speaker all the way down.--it does take a bit of force to lock the speaker all the way in--it will feel like it's in then if you press down a bit more, you feel it lock in) The speaker should lock into place and feel tight with no play. If you do that, there is no vibration and speaker will be snug on the wall (assuming you have the mount secured to studs in the wall).

Quote:

2) I fed speaker wire directly to the speaker and inserted them in bare. How do you properly do this on these speakers? Do you feed both wires in between the terminals then outward? Or do you separate the wires and feed the terminals from the outside towards each other? It was fairly cramped and I was afraid the proximity of the wires would short something out. I drilled a single 3/8" hole for the speaker wire using the template, so it's right on the terminal locations.

Personally, I used Blue Jeans banana plugs which avoids this issue (See link on first post in the thread--Def Tech designed the proportions just right to allow this to happen). You could also use spade/"O" lugs as well. If you really want bare wire, I would just strip off as little wire as possible when attaching wires to the speaker. As long as the wires are held in the terminals tightly, and bare wire does not touch, they will be no problem. I don't really think it matters a whole lot whether you attach from inside out or outside in, as long as bare wire doesn't touch the wrong terminal.
post #1725 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

With their superior imaging abilities, the Mythos 1's really are fun to watch sports on--if set up well with a good sub(s). You really get the sense of "being there" and the speakers do not draw attention to themselves. I agree with other posters, however, as every speaker has it's own "voice" or timbre. Mythos tend to be on the very articulate side, with excellent treble and midtreble because they were designed without that midbass hump. The result is that you hear amazing amounts of details and crisp dialogue because there is no exaggerated midbass to get in the way. However, you need to audition and use them with a strong sub to get an accurate picture of what they can do. If you listen to them without, they still sound nice, but will not sound nearly as "full". (This is why, I believe, some who have listened to them on a showroom floor don't discover how good they really are, as they are sometimes displayed with a poorly matching sub, incorrect crossover, lousy room, etc.)
post #1726 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Make sure the screws on the back of the Mythos are tightened in all the way before sliding into the mount. Then, when you slide the screws into slots on the wall mount, there should be some tension, and the speaker will sort of slide and snap into place with a definite end point. If you are able to remove the speaker easy from the wall, you probably haven't pushed the speaker down far enough downward into the mount. (This is what happened to me the first time I tried to mount the speaker--I was afraid to slide the speaker all the way down.--it does take a bit of force to lock the speaker all the way in--it will feel like it's in then if you press down a bit more, you feel it lock in) The speaker should lock into place and feel tight with no play. If you do that, there is no vibration and speaker will be snug on the wall (assuming you have the mount secured to studs in the wall).

One more thing--and I hate to even mention it--the correct side of the mount is facing the wall, right? (The long covered arms should face towards the back of the speaker). (See picture referenced under banana plugs in first post if that doesn't make any sense). Good luck!
post #1727 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 02:07 PM

Liked: 11
^^^ From looking at the photos, yes I have the speaker bracket correct. The manual is vague about the orientation of the bracket. The speaker pins are tight. When I set the speaker on the bracket, I had to gently tap the top of the speaker to get it to slide in and lock. They are snug as a bug, no movement at all, so I think they are in correctly. Can you confirm that they sit off the wall a little bit? In your photos they look like they are right on the wall flush to the surface.
post #1728 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

^^^ From looking at the photos, yes I have the speaker bracket correct. The manual is vague about the orientation of the bracket. The speaker pins are tight. When I set the speaker on the bracket, I had to gently tap the top of the speaker to get it to slide in and lock. They are snug as a bug, no movement at all, so I think they are in correctly. Can you confirm that they sit off the wall a little bit? In your photos they look like they are right on the wall flush to the surface.

If they are tight, sounds like you've got them mounted correctly. There's a tiny bit less than 1/4 inch away from the wall.
post #1729 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awanders View Post

MD Boy,

I am not familiar with your particular Sony speakers, so I cannot comment on your specific comparison. But, I recently upgraded from Cerwin Vegas (front), Phoenix Gold (side/rear surrounds in-wall), and Def Tech MK100 (back surrounds), and a Klipsch Center Channel.

I went with Mythos Ones all around on a 7.1 system, with a Mythos Eight for center, and for the time being I am still using a Klipsch KSW12 for a subwoofer.

I noticed an amazing improvement in sound quality. Amazing clarity, especially when listening to dialogue from the Center Channel. The Klipsch center channel was a good speaker, but there were times, when watching a movie, that dialogue just could not be understood, and I would have to rewind and listen again, and sometimes still couldn't understand the dialogue. I would have to turn CC on, which I don't like to do.

With the Mythos Ones, and Eight for a center, I have eliminated the, albeit rare, muffled dialogue problem.

I know that my words are subjective, but the Mythos Ones produce beautiful, crisp, clear sound.

The 120" picture produced via my 1080p projector is better than the commercial cinema's picture. And now my sound system, with my Onkyo 876 and M1s and M8, blows the commercial cinema's sound system away, IMO, especially considering I am not listening to someone sitting behind me, crunching popcorn in my ear. I really have no desire to go to the commercial movie theater anymore.

I think you will be very happy! Do you have a sub yet? You will need a sub woofer with the Mythos Ones. The subwoofer makes a big difference, as opposed to the Mythos Ones w/o a sub.

Give us an update when you get all set up.

Awanders,

Thank you and the other posters for all the detailed replys.

Yes, I have a sub - as I mentioned in a previous post, it's a budget sub - Premier Acoustics 120. Nothing great but sounds okay. I think it'll do the trick for a while.

Another question for you guys: I ordered four Mythos 1's for the front and back and I ordered a Mythos 9 for the center. I have read that the Mythos 8 is the better match as a center for the 1's where the 9 is more suited for the ST's.

Should this be a problem? Does anyone else have this setup? If so, do you like it/how does it sound?

Sorry for all of the questions and thank you, again, in advance.
post #1730 of 5569 Old 11-02-2009, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Another question for you guys: I ordered four Mythos 1's for the front and back and I ordered a Mythos 9 for the center. I have read that the Mythos 8 is the better match as a center for the 1's where the 9 is more suited for the ST's.

Should this be a problem?

Nope--you'll have no problems at all. Both the 8 and 9 (as well as the other Mythos centers) are voiced similarly and will blend quite well with the Mythos fronts. Enjoy!
post #1731 of 5569 Old 11-03-2009, 08:06 AM

Just have an itch to find "better" SQ.

My system: FL&R - M5 Center M7 SRL&R Gems sub SVS PC12-NSD and Pioneer VSX-919

I read up the forum and M3 was suggested as a better center instead of the M7.

I can either: 1) upgrade M7 to the M3 and stop there; 2) get the M1s and M8 and move the M5 as side surround; 3) get a pair of M5s to make 7.1; 4) get a pair of BP1.2X for side.

My room size is 20x20x9 with one side open (townhouse).

I don't want to spend much if adding the "right size" speaker would help with the feeling of being totally submerged with sound.

Thanks.
post #1732 of 5569 Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 PM

I just picked up a pair of Mythos One (can't help myself at a low price like that)
Now I am using the ProMonitor 1000 from my previous setup as surround L/R. Should I change it to a pair of Gem XL for a better matching? Or should I spend the $ on an amp? (Emotiva XPA-3)
post #1733 of 5569 Old 11-04-2009, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwild1 View Post

Just have an itch to find "better" SQ.

My system: FL&R - M5 Center M7 SRL&R Gems sub SVS PC12-NSD and Pioneer VSX-919

I read up the forum and M3 was suggested as a better center instead of the M7.

I can either: 1) upgrade M7 to the M3 and stop there; 2) get the M1s and M8 and move the M5 as side surround; 3) get a pair of M5s to make 7.1; 4) get a pair of BP1.2X for side.

My room size is 20x20x9 with one side open (townhouse).

I don't want to spend much if adding the "right size" speaker would help with the feeling of being totally submerged with sound.

Thanks.

Is there a way you can post a diagram of your room--the fact that one side is open matters a bit in terms of whether it would be worth spending a lot of money upgrading. All things being equal, this option: "2) get the M1s and M8 and move the M5 as side surround" would seem best. However, whether or not the surrounds will be very effective in your situation will depend on where you can place your surrounds (which will definately influence options 3 and 4).
post #1734 of 5569 Old 11-04-2009, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo5354 View Post

I just picked up a pair of Mythos One (can't help myself at a low price like that)
Now I am using the ProMonitor 1000 from my previous setup as surround L/R. Should I change it to a pair of Gem XL for a better matching? Or should I spend the $ on an amp? (Emotiva XPA-3)

What does the rest of your system consist of? Is this going to be installed in a residence you will be at for a long time (i.e. are you willing to wall mount? will you be using this system for a long time?). How many surrounds do you have/want to have?
post #1735 of 5569 Old 11-04-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:

What does the rest of your system consist of? Is this going to be installed in a residence you will be at for a long time (i.e. are you willing to wall mount? will you be using this system for a long time?). How many surrounds do you have/want to have?

Mythos One L/R Mythos Ten Center, this system is gonna stay for awhile, wall mount is not an option, and 5.1 is all I need.
post #1736 of 5569 Old 11-04-2009, 10:36 AM

This would be my first home theater and have been going through all the pages , but getting a little lost on the combination of speakers to buy.

I am considering on buying Mythos one series as Front speakers. Can I use the pair also as surrounds. i.e one pair as front speakers and another pair as surround speakers. Or should the surrounds be different .

Also can you guys please suggest me on which center and sub I should be buying.

I will be hooking up these to a HK AVR 3600 receiver.

Thanks for any advice.
post #1737 of 5569 Old 11-04-2009, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinfields View Post

This would be my first home theater and have been going through all the pages , but getting a little lost on the combination of speakers to buy.

I am considering on buying Mythos one series as Front speakers. Can I use the pair also as surrounds. i.e one pair as front speakers and another pair as surround speakers. Or should the surrounds be different .

Thanks for any advice.

It's a matter of taste. Many here prefer identical speakers all around, and would consider four Ones to be ideal. Others like a more diffuse sound from the surrounds, and would opt for Gem XLs.

If you go with Ones all around, the ideal center would be an Eight, which is a perfect match for the Ones. If going with the Gem XL's as surrounds, or you have space constraints, or budget is a concern, the Three could be an alternative, as it was DefTech's original center intended to be used with Ones.

You should furnish more information before subs could be intelligently recommended, including (most importantly) budget, size constraints (if any), room size, primary use (movies or music), and willingness to consider ID brands.
post #1738 of 5569 Old 11-04-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo5354 View Post

Mythos One L/R Mythos Ten Center, this system is gonna stay for awhile, wall mount is not an option, and 5.1 is all I need.

I believe your last post gave the choice of upgrading your surrounds vs. purchasing an amp.

If your financial plan puts you in a "this or that" improvement situation, I would prioritize my purchase priorities as follows (arranged in order of how much effect it will have on system quality--assuming you have a decent AV receiver)

1. A good subwoofer
2. Room treatments and/or professional calibration
2. A better AV receiver or amp
3. Upgrade the surrounds.

Of late, lots of talk has been centered on which surround to get, etc. In terms of importance of speaker in a home theater application, I would place them in this order of importance:

1. Center
2. Subwoofer
3. Mains
4. Surrounds.

It is quite possible to have a satisfying experience with surrounds that don't match exactly (MacFan424's system is a good example). Surround signals are not full range, and they will (by design) sound different than the signal from the front speakers. (just as in real life--the sound of a plane flying towards you does not sound the same once it is past you)

True, having similarly voiced surrounds are ideal, but from there issues over identical vs. bipole/dipole, vs. mixed sides/rears are really a relatively small part of the overall equation. Remember: classic home theater theory suggests that surrounds should not be calling attention to themselves. If listeners are saying of a given system: "Wow! I can reallly hear those surrounds", it quite possibly needs to be recalibrated.

Anyway, just my two cents--long boring answer to a simple question (Sorry! )
post #1739 of 5569 Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 PM

thanks for the advice macfan424. My budget for the sub would be $500 or 600. The room size is 15" x 20 " . I will be doing 70% movies and 30 % music. I do not have any constraints with the size.

If i go with gem xl's for surround , is eight still a good match.

thanks
post #1740 of 5569 Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinfields View Post

Thanks for any advice.

I have the ones for fronts and I love them, but as surround and especially surround backs I would go with a different speaker. My reasoning is this, the ones are eye level, I prefer my sound from overhead... Which I think someone eluded to a more diffuse sound. Also for surround backs your couch may block the soundfield some. I really think you can do better and you may not spend as much either with a Gem or Gem XL.

I use the eight with the ones and it is perfect match.

Subs..... How much bass do you want lol? I have a reference sub that I keep at a quarter turn for 75% of the time. I have a neighbor that lives a good 200ft away that came over and asked me to turn down the bass cause it was rattling her windows, just to give you an idea how much bass it puts out. I have a block/stucco house so its thick walls and it still travels. I had a supercube two prior and it was weak in a large room. Great for a smaller room but almost non existent in a 20x15.

The ones and an eight with a good sub = happy owner.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Definitive Technology Bp8 Tower Loudspeaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 6 Aluminum Stand , Definitive Technology Mythos 1 Tower Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos St 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos Sts 120v Supertower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Bp7006 120v Tower Speaker Single Right Channel Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 4 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 5 Tower Speaker Single Black , Definitive Technology Mythos 7 Center Speaker , Definitive Technology Mythos 3 Center Channel Speaker Single Black , Speaker Systems , Definitive Technology , Definitive Technology Mythos Xtr 50 On Wall Or Shelf Mounting Ultra Thin Loudspeaker Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page