Forum Jump: 
 137Likes

post #3691 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I had a chance to demo the Prime towers about a week ago. Overall I found that they were significantly better then the EMP's in the low frequencies. Of course, that is something that is easy to fix with a sub. I also had a slight preference for the high ends on the SVS towers, however I think EMP has them solidly beat when it comes to midrange. I did like them enough however to get a pair of their prime satellites for my rear surrounds.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 92in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP S6200;
Playstation 4, Apple TV, Harmony Remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundJunky View Post
Thank you for the input. I already ordered the E55wi's. Damn, maybe I should order a pair of E5Bi's too?

Thank you. Would the direct firing recommendation be in regard to Atmos enabled (up-firing) speakers, or for Atmos in-ceiling speakers as well? I will be going with either in or on-ceiling speakers for Atmos. If the answer is monopoles for both surrounds for either application then it looks like I might have two pairs of surrounds with no use.
Atmos works based on reflections and direct point sound. Having diffuse speakers is going to lessen the effect. So it's not going to matter if you're dealing with the in ceiling or the up-firing modules.

Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
post #3693 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
They seem to just be RBH subs that they are selling until they finish their new one. What is your budget for a sub?

The X1000 is a great choice, a cheaper alternative is the E300 with a lower version of Audyssey.
My budget for sub was ~$1-200, but if this is a good deal, I may jump on it...

Is the Audyssey version difference that big of a difference? A4L has the e300 for $150 +$16S&H vs the x1000 for $220
post #3694 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
Atmos works based on reflections and direct point sound. Having diffuse speakers is going to lessen the effect. So it's not going to matter if you're dealing with the in ceiling or the up-firing modules.
So the consensus is that I would be better off swapping the e55wi's for two pair of e5bi's instead for side and rear surrounds if the plan is to go with atmos? The next problem would be wall mounting them. Any suggestions?
post #3695 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I think the E55Ti's compare pretty well to the SVS Ultra towers, so at half the price of the prime towers I would jump on the EMPs. They will pair really well with either of those subs, I would recommend the SB-2000 since it's mainly a music system. Your Onkyo receiver has a DAC and you won't need an additional one.
Thanks for the reply. I sort of had my heart set on the Prime Towers but my head and budget are telling me EMP Towers. I guess to my uneducated/nonaudiophile ear that the EMP Towers will do the job? Since a lot of the use is for music, you definitely think I should go for the sealed sub (SB-2000)? I guess this would help the WAF! What would be the downside to not going with the PB-2000? Any other comments welcome!
post #3696 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Crazy prices. Just crazy.

Interesting about the Outlaw LFM-1+ too Eli. That's just 1 1010i vs. 1 LFM-1+ right? So technically, to be fair, you'd want to compare dual 1010i's vs 1 LFM-1+. I wonder how they'd compare in output and extension. Obviously the Outlaw would beat the e1010i in extension, but the output from these e1010i's in my large, open room is still pretty incredible. I can't imagine them in something like a 12x12' room or so.
Sooner, my comparison was the EMP10i10i, so the dual 10 inch sub versus the Outlaw LFM-1 plus. Like I found when my friend brought over is PB1000, the EMPtek sub hangs with the `500 dollars subs in accuracy, mid low output and maybe even total output. The ONLY reason why I bought the Outlaw is that I have a few movies that will case the EMP to distort at low ends, so that I have to turn the gain/volume on the sub down uder 50%. Funny, Oblivion has made EVERY sub I have tested- SVSPB1000 (500 dollar), Klipsch Rw12d (300 dollar), and EMPtek10i10i (300 dollar) distort with the sub gain at 50-60%...I will test the Outlaw sub with that movie this weekend.
So, so far, the EMP is as accuracte, has similar output and the only advantage I can see is that is can produce under 30hz with decent output, where the EMP cannot.

The EMPtek10i10i is a damn good sub, especially if you consider I got it for $329.00, maybe last year black Friday! I wish they had not discontinued this sub, or I would have just bought a second one of these!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
post #3697 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I think the E55Ti's compare pretty well to the SVS Ultra towers, so at half the price of the prime towers I would jump on the EMPs. They will pair really well with either of those subs, I would recommend the SB-2000 since it's mainly a music system. Your Onkyo receiver has a DAC and you won't need an additional one.
Thanks for the reply!

Any other thoughts? If I go with the EMP Towers, I'll need to make up my mind fast so I can take advantage of the Black Friday sale. I usually like to take my time but was close to getting the SVS Prime Towers anyways!
post #3698 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So the consensus is that I would be better off swapping the e55wi's for two pair of e5bi's instead for side and rear surrounds if the plan is to go with atmos? The next problem would be wall mounting them. Any suggestions?
I would go for the two pairs of the e5bi's if you're wanting to go to Atmos. As far as mounting, I believe they have keyhole mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsteady View Post
Thanks for the reply. I sort of had my heart set on the Prime Towers but my head and budget are telling me EMP Towers. I guess to my uneducated/nonaudiophile ear that the EMP Towers will do the job? Since a lot of the use is for music, you definitely think I should go for the sealed sub (SB-2000)? I guess this would help the WAF! What would be the downside to not going with the PB-2000? Any other comments welcome!
I liked what I heard from the Prime Towers, but I'm not sure they are $500 better then the EMP towers. To be honest they are close enough in quality that I am not willing to say that the SVS towers are better then the EMP's at all. As I said, I really felt that while the lows were clearly better on the Prime's, I thought the high end was pretty close (slight edge to SVS, but it is slight) and that the mid-range in the EMP was significantly better. If I were making the purchase today it would really be a toss up, and considering that EMP is the cheaper option, that would likely become the deciding factor.

I'm always a fan of the ported sub, but I watch a lot more movies then I listen to music, so ported is a good option for me. Now I'll throw out there, if you get them EMP towers you would have a little extra cash laying around over if you did the Prime Towers. Go out and get yourself a PC12+. You would save $500 be going with the EMP speakers, and the PC12+ is "only" $400 more. You would still come in under budget. The PC12+ would give you the option of running either ported or sealed depending on what you want. I've got the EMP towers with the PC12+ and have been thrilled with it. The speakers do a great job and when paired with a high quality sub, it really shines.

post #3699 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0stbyte047 View Post
How are their subs? The s-10?

I'm looking to get 3 e5b's and need a sub for the 3.1.

Also, what's a good receiver to match up with this that's also on sale? I had recommendations for the denon avr-x1000 a few months back, but thinking there may be better deals out now.
At the moment it looks like it's just the lowest RBH subs they're selling. Not sure if their new sub will best the lowest line 12" from RBH or what. I think the RBH 12" is likely overpriced with the offerings that have come about in the last few years. Hoping for the best from their new sub though.

I have the X1000 and it's just fine. MultEQ XT was a must for me at least. MultEQ XT32 is even nicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlopes View Post
I have dual 1010i subs along with the EMP towers, large center, and bookshelf surrounds in a 15 X 20 room. These subs blend really well with the towers for music and great for movies too, but I can't help but wonder what the lower hitting subs would sound like in comparison (SVS PB2000 or equivalent) for movies. Looking forward to seeing what RBH/EMP comes out with for their new 12" single sub and itchy to possibly upgrade! :-) It is expected to hit much lower (high teens or low 20's) than the 1010i.
Where did you hear the new sub will be a low teens sub? I mean it could be either way, but at what SPL? That's the key. Hell the e1010i's hit the teens and low 20's, but it's down quite a bit from 30+

The e1010i, and especially 2 of them, are pretty darn nice for the price though. Something that'll hit lower will always be more 'fun' for those moments, but those moments are pretty rare in movies. Still, if I didn't have a million other things taking up my time and money I'd be all over something much larger in the sub department.

Quote:
My budget for sub was ~$1-200, but if this is a good deal, I may jump on it...

Is the Audyssey version difference that big of a difference? A4L has the e300 for $150 +$16S&H vs the x1000 for $220
Look in the subwoofers sub-thread in the budget sub thread for answers about the sub. Around that budget I'd say Dayton Sub-1200 or sub-1500, NXG bas500 might be around that price or the pl-200 if you can swing a little more. I'd recommend better, but everything else is obviously more money

I'd go with the X1000. MultEQ XT is quite the jump up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpsteady View Post
The Prime towers are likely a little nicer (as they should be for their price), but the sound and how much it hurts the ol' wallet is up to you. Personally I'd take the EMP and put the difference toward a better sub than the Prime Towers and a lesser sub.

SVS, Rhythmik, etc..all their ported subs will sound damn good too. For the money, I'd look at ported unless you're strictly a sealed guy and have an ear for it. At a lower budget, some ported designs can get a little wonky, but you can't lose either way so go with all the sub you can afford (or however much your wife won't kill you for )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Sooner, my comparison was the EMP10i10i, so the dual 10 inch sub versus the Outlaw LFM-1 plus. Like I found when my friend brought over is PB1000, the EMPtek sub hangs with the `500 dollars subs in accuracy, mid low output and maybe even total output. The ONLY reason why I bought the Outlaw is that I have a few movies that will case the EMP to distort at low ends, so that I have to turn the gain/volume on the sub down uder 50%. Funny, Oblivion has made EVERY sub I have tested- SVSPB1000 (500 dollar), Klipsch Rw12d (300 dollar), and EMPtek10i10i (300 dollar) distort with the sub gain at 50-60%...I will test the Outlaw sub with that movie this weekend.
So, so far, the EMP is as accuracte, has similar output and the only advantage I can see is that is can produce under 30hz with decent output, where the EMP cannot.

The EMPtek10i10i is a damn good sub, especially if you consider I got it for $329.00, maybe last year black Friday! I wish they had not discontinued this sub, or I would have just bought a second one of these!
Impressive for the EMP! Wow. I figured the LFM-1+ would dig lower, but those are high regards for the EMP in the other categories. I still wish they would have come out with a lower level RBH sx-1212. That would be KILLER! I'd already pre-order and put the e1010i's up

How hot are you running the subs? I'll have to watch Oblivion and see what it does in my room. What part(s) are the one's that cause trouble?

[QUOTE=AllenA07;29362906]I would go for the two pairs of the e5bi's if you're wanting to go to Atmos. As far as mounting, I believe they
fr0stbyte047 likes this.

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
post #3700 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 105
The EMP 'S-10' sub driver looks identical to the 1010i sub driver

http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...-sx10r-and-s10

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
post #3701 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Where did you hear the new sub will be a low teens sub? I mean it could be either way, but at what SPL? That's the key. Hell the e1010i's hit the teens and low 20's, but it's down quite a bit from 30+
I had a conversation with one of the guys at EMP that's designing the new sub. I'd rather not name names, but he reported that they're targeting the competition (SVS and others) to hit lower than the 1010i was able to by using a 12" driver and a more powerful amp. Regarding the lower freq and SPL, he was referring to the standard rating that is commonly used by speaker manufacturers and requires a standard SPL to be considered real. My guess is that it won't hit as low as the PB2000, but more like low 20's while trying to hit a sweet spot in pricing. That said, I agree with your statement that the critical info is at what SPL? Naturally a 12" driver will hit lower than 2 10's, so it'll be fun to see what they can do. The amp will be key too because the 1010i has 2 10" drivers and only a 250 watt amp. A single 12 and higher wattage amp (hoping clean wattage) may be impressive!

Yamaha RX-V773WA / EMP E55Ti, E56Ci, E5Bi, Dual ES1010i / Epson Projector 5010 / Elite Screens 120
post #3702 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I would go for the two pairs of the e5bi's if you're wanting to go to Atmos. As far as mounting, I believe they have keyhole mounts.
Thanks. I emailed Brian to see if I could swap the E55wi's for two pairs of e5bi's. Hopefully that's still possible.

I think the back has a thread mount. Does anyone know if there is an adapter to turn a thread mount into a keyhole, or would a wall mount bracket be better to mount them slightly higher and downward?

post #3703 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

For those of you with more experience than me...here are my thoughts on reviewing the EMPtek10i10i vs the Outlaw LFM-1, in a more systematic way.
Last night when I did a few scenes comparison, I simple hooked up one sub or the other and ran YPAO (yamaha reciever, so...) let is set all the values and then played the scene (I checked them, of course- once in awhile it sets my fronts to large). Then I hooked up the second sub, reran room correction and played the same scene again. I played with the subwoofer gain and phase.

I assume it would be better to set some manual setting and run both subs with the same distance and EQ settings? I mean, I am not going to be taking measurements or running a double blind study (really hard to do by yourself), but I still would like to do the fairest possbile comparison. I have been placing the subs in the same location...

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
post #3704 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 11:37 AM

Just pulled the trigger on 3 R5Bi's, soon to be a emptek owner! Just waiting to see if there'll be any good AV receivers on sale today/tomorrow.
post #3705 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Just pulled the trigger on 3 R5Bi's, soon to be a emptek owner! Just waiting to see if there'll be any good AV receivers on sale today/tomorrow.
How do you buy 3? I only see them together as pairs.
post #3706 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Denon 700W refurb at Amazon for $300
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSBZZ8I/

Or the 900W refurb at A4L for $379
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...th-wifi/1.html
post #3707 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I emailed Brian to see if I could swap the E55wi's for two pairs of e5bi's. Hopefully that's still possible.

I think the back has a thread mount. Does anyone know if there is an adapter to turn a thread mount into a keyhole, or would a wall mount bracket be better to mount them slightly higher and downward?
I had my E5Bi surrounds sitting on 36" Sanus stands and felt I was not getting good sound with interference from my theater chair headrests. So, I recently mounted them on the wall using these mounts:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These E5Bi's have a non-standard metric thread mount, so I had to find some adapters to convert from M6 (6mm) to 1/4-20 to work with the above mounts. Best to check your threads first as EMP could have made some of these with the standard threads. Adapters if needed can be found here:
http://www.thorlabs.us/thorproduct.c...number=AS25E6M

Now that my surrounds are mounted up high and tilted down and inward, I have awesome surround effects! The bottom of my E5Bi's are now at 70" from the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-26 10.40.03.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	386586  
SoundJunky likes this.

Yamaha RX-V773WA / EMP E55Ti, E56Ci, E5Bi, Dual ES1010i / Epson Projector 5010 / Elite Screens 120
post #3708 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjp55 View Post
How do you buy 3? I only see them together as pairs.
Had to give them a call to do it. They break up a pair and repackage it individually.
post #3709 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I had my E5Bi surrounds sitting on 36" Sanus stands and felt I was not getting good sound with interference from my theater chair headrests. So, I recently mounted them on the wall using these mounts:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These E5Bi's have a non-standard metric thread mount, so I had to find some adapters to convert from M6 (6mm) to 1/4-20 to work with the above mounts. Best to check your threads first as EMP could have made some of these with the standard threads. Adapters if needed can be found here:
http://www.thorlabs.us/thorproduct.c...number=AS25E6M

Now that my surrounds are mounted up high and tilted down and inward, I have awesome surround effects! The bottom of my E5Bi's are now at 70" from the floor.
Great post. Thank you, sir. Nice projector you have as well.

Seeing those mounts got the wheels in my head spinning (a dangerous thing). Has the idea to ceiling mount two pairs of E5bi's for Atmos crossed anyone else's mind? I could direct them at a 45 angle toward the MLP. The price would certainly be right while the sale is going on, but everyone keeps yelling about dispersion for Atmos, but I can't find any Atmos-specific speakers aside from the add-on stuff or the up-firing pioneers.
post #3710 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

You guys are pleased with the e/R5Bi as surrounds? I am using some older SLSQ Line speakers for surrounds and while they sound good, they are limiting my system in two ways.
1. two 4 inch woofers and my current reciever only allows one crossover and those SLS speakers are only capable down to about 120hz
2. They distort on some very dynamic soudntracks.

At 170/pr, I might just be getting Black Friday upgrade #2 ...

post #3711 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The sale is on...

http://emptek.com/BlackFriday14.php

Not sure if I need anything, I know I want.
post #3712 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 03:15 PM

Liked: 11
Just pulled the trigger on 2x pair of R5Bis. I think going with another brand for the rears probably would have been ok, but didn't really see a need to do so. As it was mentioned, Audyssey will provide the appropriate corrections. I also decided on the AM-41 wall mounts:http://www.amazon.com/Pinpoint-Mount...=1417036436820

They are more expensive at $70/pair, but I like the soft clamping style. I'm super pumped to get my new-ish system hooked up . For now, it'll be:
Denon s900w
2xE5Tis
E5Ci
4x R5Bis
HSU STF-2

Next (for audio) will probably be a sub upgrade (want to dig a bit deeper) and 1-3 years from now, I'll get a new LCR stage. Thanks all for the suggestions and information over the last couple of months.
post #3713 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
r5b's and svs prime satellite speakers

I have auditioned r5b's and svs prime satellite speakers. Both are impressive in my room with a denon x-2000 receiver and 12'' sub. The r5b's are the best buy right now and they sound great..I just watched Master and Commander movie with the small prime speakers and they produce a lot of incredible sound for small sat speakers.Plenty loud in my 13x17x8 room.Listened to Diana Krall on the r5b's and was really sweet sounding.They look great too. But if you want small well constructed small sat speakers it will be hard to beat the primes. I turned one on its side for a center speaker and it sounded great. you can do the same with the r5b's. The primes seem to disappear in my room better than the r5b's.Alot of good choices out there for sure....
post #3714 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by applemnet View Post
I have auditioned r5b's and svs prime satellite speakers. Both are impressive in my room with a denon x-2000 receiver and 12'' sub. The r5b's are the best buy right now and they sound great..I just watched Master and Commander movie with the small prime speakers and they produce a lot of incredible sound for small sat speakers.Plenty loud in my 13x17x8 room.Listened to Diana Krall on the r5b's and was really sweet sounding.They look great too. But if you want small well constructed small sat speakers it will be hard to beat the primes. I turned one on its side for a center speaker and it sounded great. you can do the same with the r5b's. The primes seem to disappear in my room better than the r5b's.Alot of good choices out there for sure....
Which did you prefer for music? Which had the better midrange?
post #3715 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermobaric View Post
Just pulled the trigger on 2x pair of R5Bis. I think going with another brand for the rears probably would have been ok, but didn't really see a need to do so. As it was mentioned, Audyssey will provide the appropriate corrections. I also decided on the AM-41 wall mounts:http://www.amazon.com/Pinpoint-Mount...=1417036436820

They are more expensive at $70/pair, but I like the soft clamping style. I'm super pumped to get my new-ish system hooked up . For now, it'll be:
These are attractive and sturdy looking mounts! I'd really like to see a pic of these with the R5Bi's mounted to the wall. I needed to point my surrounds down by more like 15-20 degrees and these specify only 10 degrees, so I felt these wouldn't work. Hoping these work well for you!

post #3716 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I got E55ti and the e56ci to replace my edesign front stage. Looking forward to getting these in and trying them out in my room. Now to figure out how to sell my old front stage.
post #3717 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post
Which did you prefer for music? Which had the better midrange?
EMP has some of the best midrange I've ever heard. In my opinion it's better then the Primes.
rossandwendy likes this.

post #3718 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 08:25 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
These are attractive and sturdy looking mounts! I'd really like to see a pic of these with the R5Bi's mounted to the wall. I needed to point my surrounds down by more like 15-20 degrees and these specify only 10 degrees, so I felt these wouldn't work. Hoping these work well for you!
Unfortunately, I don't think I can get these . Reading the Q&A section on Amazon, it seems the clamps are really made for speakers with parallel lines. So basically your rectangular Polks, Pioneers, etc. The R5Bis have tapered/curved lines.

I may call them up on Friday and point them to the EMP site so they can judge themselves. Their customer service folks were really good to talk to. I could always use some blu tack to hold them steady.

The Pinpoint AM24s are not as clean and won't hide the wires, but they are a suitable backup. Pinpoint mounts in general seem to get pretty solid reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Pinpoint-Mount...&keywords=AM24
post #3719 of 4163 Old 11-26-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermobaric View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think I can get these . Reading the Q&A section on Amazon, it seems the clamps are really made for speakers with parallel lines. So basically your rectangular Polks, Pioneers, etc. The R5Bis have tapered/curved lines.
I was thinking the same but didn't want to rain on your parade. Actually, I wasn't thinking they won't work but the lines on the EMP being curved might not look as nice with a square bracket on the bottom. I doubt they need to really clamp down on the speakers, but they're more of a tray for the speakers to sit in. It'll be interesting to hear what they tell you. Good luck!

post #3720 of 4163 Old 11-27-2014, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hey guys, would these work for the R5Bi?

http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clam...7080413&sr=1-2
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page