53Likes

post #3721 of 3728 Old Today, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
EMP has some of the best midrange I've ever heard. In my opinion it's better then the Primes.
Cool, good to hear........I believe your the second person to say that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3728 Old Today, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Yes, the midrange in the EMP is really outstanding, the drivers they use are very high quality for the money! Obviously, the EMP is designed to do 70hz and above exceptionally well (they are perhaps a little weak at the high end, but most AV reciever can EQ that), but make no attempt to produce bass below that freq...which some budget speakers do, but poorly. There certianly are better speakers than the EMP, but in the budget price range, they are just hard to beat!
rossandwendy likes this.

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
post #3723 of 3728 Old Today, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What do you guys recommend for wall mounting R5Bi bookshelf speakers?
post #3724 of 3728 Old Today, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Yes, the midrange in the EMP is really outstanding, the drivers they use are very high quality for the money! Obviously, the EMP is designed to do 70hz and above exceptionally well (they are perhaps a little weak at the high end, but most AV reciever can EQ that), but make no attempt to produce bass below that freq...which some budget speakers do, but poorly. There certianly are better speakers than the EMP, but in the budget price range, they are just hard to beat!
So crossing the towers at 80Hz is about right, or lower?
post #3725 of 3728 Old Today, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
So crossing the towers at 80Hz is about right, or lower?
80hz is where I'm crossing my towers.
SirDracula likes this.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 92in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player:Samsung BD-EM59C;
Playstation 4, Apple TV, Harmony Remote
post #3726 of 3728 Old Today, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

The towers, I think those will hit as low as 50hz, but I would go below 60 for a cross over! however, your sub is much more capable of hitting the 60-80, so why not let it!

post #3727 of 3728 Old Today, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Just a bit more in the EMPtek10i10i versus the Outlaw LFM-1 plus subwoofer.

For music, the EMP sub is right on, accurate and not at all punchy. Really good sub for even bass heavy rock and roll (Some Pink Floyd, and Tommy Bolin's Post Toasties, I know, light weight stuff compared to metal head music, but...). The Outlaw was the equal to the EMP, but not better for music.

Next, I put in the most bass heavy movie I own, Oblivion...and this movie will make my EMPtek sub distort on several scenes where the space craft is taking off. I have to have the gain on the EMPtek sub at no greater than 40% for this movie. Here is where the Outlaw sub made me smile and the reason why I purchased it. The EMP has plenty of output, but the Outlaw has can hit lower and clearly has more output and seem to handles scenes that make the EMP distort without flinching. I can turn the gain/volume up almost to full and do not get audible distortion. Man, that thing can play clean and loud!

Much like all EMP speakers, the EMPtek10i10i does what it does very well- excellent mid low bass, but won't hit much below 35 Hz, I would guess. The outlaw should get to the mid 20s. But for 98% of what I watch, the EMP sub is fine!

I am anxious to compare the Outlaw to my buddies SVS PB1000...previously, we had A/B with my EMPtek sub and it was very close. The SVS hit lower and had more output, but not by a huge amount on either case! I think the Outlaw sub will be better, but we will see! I have two Klipsch subs (10 inch synergy, Rw12d) and those are not in the same class as my EMP or Outlaw- both are much more boomy!

Having heard the BicF12, several Dayton Audio subs and the ones discussed above, I can say that the EMP is the best sub that lists for 500 dollars or less that I have heard (and I got mine for 300)...but not as good as a 12 inch sub that lists for over 500!
dsrussell likes this.

post #3728 of 3728 Old Today, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Thanks for that! Love to hear more about your thoughts on the Outlaw (vs. the e1010i and just in general) as time goes on. I'm extremely impressed with the e1010i's for what I got them for Seems like the Outlaw is a great sub for the money. The LFM-1+ vs. PB-1000 should be a good comparison & can't wait for that too

This time of year is always fun as many people are enjoying the RBH Black Friday prices. The reviews are always interesting to read. I just hope people I've talked into EMP or whatever brand I might steer them into like it!

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page