**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 145 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 291Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4321 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
The circuit boards and mechanisms were the same as those in far less expensive models. Buy the high end model and get an extra output option and a steel plate.
Isn't the theory that weight makes it stable and prevents disc vibrations?
I have a cheap Samsung blu-ray player and it's so light that when the disc spins the entire box moves on the table, had to use some sticky feet on it to keep it in place.
SirDracula is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4322 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 01:42 PM
FMW
AVS Special Member
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,478
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDracula View Post
Isn't the theory that weight makes it stable and prevents disc vibrations?

If vibrations were an issue then we would hear skips in the music. There are no skips in the music as long as the disc isn't scratched.
FMW is online now  
post #4323 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 214
To get a feel for how a pair of R5Bis would sound, I temporarily confiscated my pair of E5TiRs from upstairs while no one was using them. I've disabled Audyssey on my Denon AVR-1910, crossed them at 80hz and unplugged my subwoofer. I have the Primus P362s wired as speakers A and the E5TIR as speakers B. I'll take them for a spin and record my "impressions", then plug the sub back in to see how they integrate. Should be a fair trial.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150119_175159-1_1421712272860.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	489154  
Soulburner is offline  
post #4324 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Here is a dumb question, but let me set it up first. Love the movie Oblivion and the Blu Ray of that movie has some serious bass! During a recent DirectTV free movie weekend, I DVR the movie. The Soundtrack for the DVR'd version not only isn't very loud, but some of the special affects seem to be missing. I hear some surround affects while watching the blu ray that I don't hear on the DV-r version, the bass isn't as deep, etc. I have tried every possible setting it will allow, but just cannot get the movie to sound anywhere near as loud or a as good as the Blu Ray. Is that just the way it is, or am I missing something?

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Elihawk is online now  
post #4325 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 3,474
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
That's the way it is. I have found no movie from DirecTV (or any other source) that will compare to a DVD or Blu-ray. I think it has to do with compressing the audio/video content. Even the picture isn't as good (1020i). Add in the capabilities (or lack thereof) of the DVR and I'm not surprised. BTW, I love Oblivion. Not only for its pristine crystal clarity of picture and sound, but the soundtrack itself is quite wonderful.
Transmaniacon likes this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95 and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, PSA XS30, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
dsrussell is online now  
post #4326 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,409
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
To get a feel for how a pair of R5Bis would sound, I temporarily confiscated my pair of E5TiRs from upstairs while no one was using them. I've disabled Audyssey on my Denon AVR-1910, crossed them at 80hz and unplugged my subwoofer. I have the Primus P362s wired as speakers A and the E5TIR as speakers B. I'll take them for a spin and record my "impressions", then plug the sub back in to see how they integrate. Should be a fair trial.
For the money, the P363/P362 isn't a bad speaker at all. I'm too lazy to look back at why you're looking to upgrade so if you don't mind sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Here is a dumb question, but let me set it up first. Love the movie Oblivion and the Blu Ray of that movie has some serious bass! During a recent DirectTV free movie weekend, I DVR the movie. The Soundtrack for the DVR'd version not only isn't very loud, but some of the special affects seem to be missing. I hear some surround affects while watching the blu ray that I don't hear on the DV-r version, the bass isn't as deep, etc. I have tried every possible setting it will allow, but just cannot get the movie to sound anywhere near as loud or a as good as the Blu Ray. Is that just the way it is, or am I missing something?
Good ol' compression!

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is online now  
post #4327 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 214
I hate to say it guys, but this isn't even close. I kinda feel bad now...

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-19-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Soulburner is offline  
post #4328 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 446
yes, I assumed it had something to do with compression over satelite, but figured there was a way to "decompress" at the receiver. Guess not...just didn't realize the difference would be so stricking. Similar issue with netflix, I assume?

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Elihawk is online now  
post #4329 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Soulburner, not sure what isn't close. I assume you are talking about the p362 vs e5Bi. Was that with or without sub? Has the e5Bi been broken i nand/or have you listened to them much? Are your ears already familiar with the p362s? Did you run room correction or not?
You are talking about one speaker that use to sell for 299/each versus a bookshelf that at most sells for 220/pr. The EMP-Infinity comparison would be the e55ti to the IP p362. Now, compare the p162 or 163 versus the e5Bi, that is a fair comparison...

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Elihawk is online now  
post #4330 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 214
If you look up a bit, I'm comparing the P362 to the E5TiR that I bought for the living room 5 years ago. The comparison is relevant because I'm considering upgrading my sound system and EMP is at the top of my list. The Primus have been my music and HT speakers in the basement for some time now. They are both crossed at 80hz so I can single out how these speakers differ without the bass giving a bias to my preference. The E5TiR set up this way should sound very similar to the E5Bi, having the same components. I need to do this comparison to get a feel for which way I want to go next.

I have a clear winner in the "naked" test, but I honestly don't recall my Primus being this trebly. That could be because the neutrality of the E5's are exposing that, or because Audyssey improves them a good deal. I'm going to wait to post my full thoughts until I can test again with Audyssey. I'll just say that round one clearly goes to EMP.

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-19-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Soulburner is offline  
post #4331 of 5206 Old 01-19-2015, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
AllenA07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 699
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Here is a dumb question, but let me set it up first. Love the movie Oblivion and the Blu Ray of that movie has some serious bass! During a recent DirectTV free movie weekend, I DVR the movie. The Soundtrack for the DVR'd version not only isn't very loud, but some of the special affects seem to be missing. I hear some surround affects while watching the blu ray that I don't hear on the DV-r version, the bass isn't as deep, etc. I have tried every possible setting it will allow, but just cannot get the movie to sound anywhere near as loud or a as good as the Blu Ray. Is that just the way it is, or am I missing something?
Compression sucks.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC-12 Plus, SVS PC-13 Ultra
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 110in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP S6200;
Playstation 4
AllenA07 is offline  
post #4332 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 05:13 AM
FMW
AVS Special Member
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,478
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
That's the way it is. I have found no movie from DirecTV (or any other source) that will compare to a DVD or Blu-ray. I think it has to do with compressing the audio/video content. Even the picture isn't as good (1020i). Add in the capabilities (or lack thereof) of the DVR and I'm not surprised. BTW, I love Oblivion. Not only for its pristine crystal clarity of picture and sound, but the soundtrack itself is quite wonderful.

That makes me feel better about renting blu rays and DVD's from Netflix rather than streaming.
FMW is online now  
post #4333 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
If you look up a bit, I'm comparing the P362 to the E5TiR that I bought for the living room 5 years ago. The comparison is relevant because I'm considering upgrading my sound system and EMP is at the top of my list. The Primus have been my music and HT speakers in the basement for some time now. They are both crossed at 80hz so I can single out how these speakers differ without the bass giving a bias to my preference. The E5TiR set up this way should sound very similar to the E5Bi, having the same components. I need to do this comparison to get a feel for which way I want to go next.

I have a clear winner in the "naked" test, but I honestly don't recall my Primus being this trebly. That could be because the neutrality of the E5's are exposing that, or because Audyssey improves them a good deal. I'm going to wait to post my full thoughts until I can test again with Audyssey. I'll just say that round one clearly goes to EMP.
Sorry, trying to peice together about 3 posts. Sounds like the E5Ti held up well against a more expensive speaker. I know mine held their own very well when My freind Ray brought his Ascend Acoustic CMT340s over. We declared it a draw. The CMT340 had better bass and the EMP better midrange and both were clear and detailed. Ray paid more for one CMT than I did for my pair, and in terms of eye appeal, it ain't even close!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub

Last edited by Elihawk; 01-20-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Elihawk is online now  
post #4334 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,409
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
yes, I assumed it had something to do with compression over satelite, but figured there was a way to "decompress" at the receiver. Guess not...just didn't realize the difference would be so stricking. Similar issue with netflix, I assume?
I'm sure it's like audio in that once you compress it, you can not UNcompress it. You can't go from an MP3 to WAV/FLAC/lossess audio file. The other way around, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
If you look up a bit, I'm comparing the P362 to the E5TiR that I bought for the living room 5 years ago. The comparison is relevant because I'm considering upgrading my sound system and EMP is at the top of my list. The Primus have been my music and HT speakers in the basement for some time now. They are both crossed at 80hz so I can single out how these speakers differ without the bass giving a bias to my preference. The E5TiR set up this way should sound very similar to the E5Bi, having the same components. I need to do this comparison to get a feel for which way I want to go next.

I have a clear winner in the "naked" test, but I honestly don't recall my Primus being this trebly. That could be because the neutrality of the E5's are exposing that, or because Audyssey improves them a good deal. I'm going to wait to post my full thoughts until I can test again with Audyssey. I'll just say that round one clearly goes to EMP.
Well that's good to hear. I'd run Audyssey on the E5T and see how you like it. That might make up your mind even faster

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is online now  
post #4335 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 214
The speaker sets cost the same, so if the E5Ti was still available it would help other people make purchase decisions. Since they aren't, it's really about getting a feel for the Impression series sound as a whole so I can decide whether to buy their bookshelves, which are a mere $112 each.

I think it's too bad the E5Ti is so short. I think it would really be improved if it could be raised about a foot. Anyway, it's time to run Audyssey on both pairs.
Soulburner is offline  
post #4336 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 3,474
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
That makes me feel better about renting blu rays and DVD's from Netflix rather than streaming.
Yep, count me in the Netflix group .

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95 and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, PSA XS30, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
dsrussell is online now  
post #4337 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gregoryperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
I think it's too bad the E5Ti is so short. I think it would really be improved if it could be raised about a foot. Anyway, it's time to run Audyssey on both pairs.
Do you have a really tall couch or you are just tall? The e5ti are ear height or higher for me. That is how it is always where I was told they should be. Unfortunately the center is lower...
gregoryperkins is offline  
post #4338 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post
Do you have a really tall couch or you are just tall? The e5ti are ear height or higher for me. That is how it is always where I was told they should be. Unfortunately the center is lower...
The tweeter may just barely be at ear height, but the midrange is not. I'm 5'4" and I'm in a recliner (not reclined). It may not be noticeable if you're used to it, but next to most towers the sound they produce is 6-12" lower in height below ear level.

I need to get some carpet spikes for them. EMP shows the E55Ti with them - do I get them through them or are those to be had elsewhere?
Soulburner is offline  
post #4339 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 446
I think the usual recommend is that the tweeter only be at ear height. My chairs are a bit taller and I am almost 6 foot, so I have me e5ti angled up just a tad (front spikes on rug, back spikes not).
My e5tis came with carpet spikes from EMP, btw...

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Elihawk is online now  
post #4340 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,409
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Tweeters are ear height are great, but with a dome and sitting quite a ways away...you're likely not going to notice a difference. Or very little. With more directional tweeters, planars, etc....yes. As close to ear height as possible.

The r55ti's come with spikes and the rubber covers for the spikes for hardwood floors. The outriggers are also included
dsrussell likes this.

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is online now  
post #4341 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Hmm I don't recall getting any and I couldn't find any among my gear. I will check the boxes in the attic when it warms up. I got them at their introduction in 2009/2010 so it seems like ages ago to me. I want the setup shown on the E55Ti on the website.
Soulburner is offline  
post #4342 of 5206 Old 01-20-2015, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
SirDracula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Hmm I don't recall getting any and I couldn't find any among my gear. I will check the boxes in the attic when it warms up. I got them at their introduction in 2009/2010 so it seems like ages ago to me. I want the setup shown on the E55Ti on the website.
Call Brian at EMP and he will help you.
SirDracula is offline  
post #4343 of 5206 Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Newbie
 
bagatanmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
Hmm I don't recall getting any and I couldn't find any among my gear. I will check the boxes in the attic when it warms up. I got them at their introduction in 2009/2010 so it seems like ages ago to me. I want the setup shown on the E55Ti on the website.

the model that you have does not include the spikes.
bagatanmd is offline  
post #4344 of 5206 Old 01-21-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 446
I bought the e5Ti, when they were being discontinued, so maybe 2011 and they came with spikes.

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Elihawk is online now  
post #4345 of 5206 Old 01-21-2015, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gregoryperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 42
My e5ti did too.
gregoryperkins is offline  
post #4346 of 5206 Old 01-21-2015, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,409
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Soulburner, since you ordered early, check the bottom of the speaker. If you see mounting holes then they'll work with the outriggers. If that's the case, call Brian and he'll likely just ship you a set. Especially if you place an order at the same time.

I was going to ask you....you're looking at replacing your floorstanding P362's with the RBH r5's, but why not the r55ti towers? I mean there's a few reasons why you wouldn't, but just trying to get YOUR reasons.

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is online now  
post #4347 of 5206 Old 01-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Member
 
TV addict#2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
customer service said middle of march until the R56Ci in the red burl is in stock

1.AsusXonarD2X...Kenwood8540...CarverTFM55x....... .901Bose
2.nVidiaHDmi...DENON AVR-4520CI...EMPTeKR55Tix4... R56Ci...SVSUltra/2...Toshiba55WX800U
TV addict#2 is offline  
post #4348 of 5206 Old 01-21-2015, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Soulburner, since you ordered early, check the bottom of the speaker. If you see mounting holes then they'll work with the outriggers. If that's the case, call Brian and he'll likely just ship you a set. Especially if you place an order at the same time.

I was going to ask you....you're looking at replacing your floorstanding P362's with the RBH r5's, but why not the r55ti towers? I mean there's a few reasons why you wouldn't, but just trying to get YOUR reasons.
I'll take a closer look when I get home.

My reason is basically that I'm looking to move beyond entry level sound. And the R5Bi would be a great way to get into the EMP sound while saving enough money to get a new sub. I was interested in the towers but after doing a lot of reading on the subject I'm not convinced they would be worth the money over bookshelves unless I was going strictly stereo. I'm going to replace my stand-in Velodyne VX-10 with something from Rythmik, so I'll finally have my low end covered well and hope to find that I don't need to cross my towers at 60Hz or lower just to get a full sound from my system. The VX-10 is just inadequate, even in the corner where it gets a good boost.

I'm also not done comparing speakers. I'll post my thoughts from this comparison still but I want to take the winner of this round and put them up against another speaker. That speaker is TBD but I have a couple of candidates.

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-21-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Soulburner is offline  
post #4349 of 5206 Old 01-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well tomorrow I will be sending in my R5Ci to get the resonance issue fixed. Will report back when I find out more.

AVR - Denon AVR-X1100W
BD - Sony BDP-S6200
Mains - RBH R5Bi
Center - RBH R5Ci
Sub - Outlaw Audio Ultra X-12
Bfielder is offline  
post #4350 of 5206 Old 01-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Member
 
TV addict#2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
please do,I am interested in your progress

1.AsusXonarD2X...Kenwood8540...CarverTFM55x....... .901Bose
2.nVidiaHDmi...DENON AVR-4520CI...EMPTeKR55Tix4... R56Ci...SVSUltra/2...Toshiba55WX800U
TV addict#2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off