**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 164 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 255Likes

Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3dp View Post
This is what I did to mount the surround speakers to the ceiling. I think it turned out pretty good. The wife approved of it so I'm happy!

Very well done

Not only you were thinking outside the box, you have removed any possibilities of mounting vibration.

The only problem that might occur would be from the drivers going back and forth at different frequencies.
That said, it is not a sub, so I do not think it can affect the sound.

Congrats on this install and sharing with others that may have the same situation.

Ray
Thanks Ray I appreciate that. I think I asked the question a few weeks ago for recommendations. Do you have any suggestions on a different/better way just out of curiosity.

At the hardware store looking and different options I ultimately chose this because it had the least presence unlike an L Bracket.

I'm still waiting for the new subs to come out . I know when my wife talked to Brian last week and he said they should be out this week all that was left was taking pictures of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Thanks Ray I appreciate that. I think I asked the question a few weeks ago for recommendations. Do you have any suggestions on a different/better way just out of curiosity.

At the hardware store looking and different options I ultimately chose this because it had the least presence unlike an L Bracket.

I'm still waiting for the new subs to come out . I know when my wife talked to Brian last week and he said they should be out this week all that was left was taking pictures of it.

I think what you did came out for solution is great, I cannot offer any more solutions than expensive ceiling mount and I no experience with them

Just Enjoy what you did

Ray
Old 05-19-2015, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusCogens View Post
Received my speakers today, there seems to have been a bit of a mix up though! The center channel came in Red Burl even though I ordered them all in black ash (both finishes look great btw, however only the black fits my decor). They do sound great though, I am really impressed at the value for the price.

Pictures to come!

Too bad about the mixed-up finish.
When you post your pics, please put some in this thread
Please Join and post what speakers you have

Ray
Old Yesterday, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:

Apparently someone misplaced the camera! Nice work on the speaker mounts!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Old Yesterday, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:

I agree that you have a very good mounting solution, I don't think you will find anything as else as discrete.

Let's hope that sub comes out this week, I have been anxious to upgrade my BIC F-12 for quite a while now, I keep checking the site hoping it gets put up...

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
Old Yesterday, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Apparently someone misplaced the camera! Nice work on the speaker mounts!
At this point I would settle for some cell phone pictures!

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
Old Yesterday, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I would settle for a TV show called "in search of the mythical Impression series sub"...last seen in 2012!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
For subs, the selection is much smaller than the jungle of speakers out there. I felt lost when I was looking to upgrade from my Infinitys and it took me 5 months to end up with a choice that I'm happy with and can finally say that I may not be looking at speakers for a long time. Good luck and have fun.
What Infinitys did you have? I currently have a pair of RS 4's, CC 3 center, QPS 1 surrounds, and just upgraded the sub to an SVS SB-2000 that will get a twin when I save up the money for it. I have been looking for what I want to upgrade the Infinitys to and EMP is on the short list.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaider View Post
What Infinitys did you have? I currently have a pair of RS 4's, CC 3 center, QPS 1 surrounds, and just upgraded the sub to an SVS SB-2000 that will get a twin when I save up the money for it. I have been looking for what I want to upgrade the Infinitys to and EMP is on the short list.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Primus P362. Still trying to sell the center.

The EMPs are a much more neutral sounding speaker. More realistic.
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Here is what I got from Brian today on the subs we are all patiently waiting on... "The sub should be on-line any day now. They are here I am just waiting for the web pages to be done."

I CAN WAIT ANYMORE I'M SO EXCITIED!!!!!!
tlopes and Transmaniacon like this.
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
here is what i got from brian today on the subs we are all patiently waiting on... "the sub should be on-line any day now. They are here i am just waiting for the web pages to be done."

i can wait anymore i'm so excitied!!!!!!
hurry up web pages!

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe we could have the NSA spy on EMP and get a rogue picture of this Impression series sub!

Old Today, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Just saw Bigfoot walking a unicorn to go see the Loch ness Monster! Anyone see an Impression series sub?

Old Today, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Taking bets on them finding this guy before the new sub is released.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	big-foot-reigning-hide-and-seek-world-champion-2_1432244322753.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	729346  
ousooner2 and Transmaniacon like this.
Old Today, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 132
IT'S UP!

gotcha

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems