**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 176 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 298Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #5251 of 5272 Old 07-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Member
 
snowx800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just ordered EMP R56CI their large center channel.
Can't wait to get it if I like the sound of it I'm either going to order the towers or the many monitors a little nervous with how tall the Towers are for my room and the wife factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transmaniacon likes this.
snowx800 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5252 of 5272 Old 07-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Member
 
toonontherun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
emptek.com just add the RBH MC Series speakers to there site
toonontherun is offline  
post #5253 of 5272 Old 07-17-2015, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,588
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowx800 View Post
I just ordered EMP R56CI their large center channel.
Can't wait to get it if I like the sound of it I'm either going to order the towers or the many monitors a little nervous with how tall the Towers are for my room and the wife factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure how the big center and bookshelves would work, you might be holding the center back. If you can swing the towers, it makes for an impressive sound stage.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
Transmaniacon is offline  
post #5254 of 5272 Old 07-17-2015, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Soulburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,604
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVenom18 View Post
I will say I am LOVING these EMP Towers! The midrange on them is freaking amazing. I could never go back. And people saying the high-end/tweeter is a bit lacking due to the forward midrange, I'd have to disagree. Maybe it's because I have concrete walls in my basement, but the brightness on the EMPs is perfect and very detailed.

I'm actually amazed on how good these speakers are for the price I paid for them.
The midrange is my favorite thing about them. And I also agree that the tweeter is balanced with the rest of the speaker, and not lacking. It doesn't compare to more expensive tweeters (the planars, ribbons, and compression drivers), but for its price it does very well.
Soulburner is online now  
post #5255 of 5272 Old 07-17-2015, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,412
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonontherun View Post
emptek.com just add the RBH MC Series speakers to there site

RBH MC-6ct! Holy moly. I can't believe they still have those speakers. Those were like 2007-ish

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is offline  
post #5256 of 5272 Old 07-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
The midrange is my favorite thing about them. And I also agree that the tweeter is balanced with the rest of the speaker, and not lacking. It doesn't compare to more expensive tweeters (the planars, ribbons, and compression drivers), but for its price it does very well.
Agreed.
ViperVenom18 is offline  
post #5257 of 5272 Old 07-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Man it sure shows you what hype can do!

This thread used to be ON FIRE up until the subs finally released and a few people bought (and loved!) them. Seems like the anticipation/hype machine truly works.
ViperVenom18 is offline  
post #5258 of 5272 Old 07-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Does that mean their sub is overhyped, under-performance and hence no one will talk about it?
tinhvo is offline  
post #5259 of 5272 Old 07-20-2015, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gregoryperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,260
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Hard to say, no real reviews yet. They may be great. They aren't radically different from anything else out there.

The only owner that has them has them all up front. While it works, it isn't what multiple subs are for.

You can always send them back if you don't like em. I have enough subs at the moment!
gregoryperkins is offline  
post #5260 of 5272 Old 07-21-2015, 03:38 AM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhvo View Post
Does that mean their sub is overhyped, under-performance and hence no one will talk about it?
Negative.
ViperVenom18 is offline  
post #5261 of 5272 Old 07-25-2015, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,351
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 453
The sub clearly is not overhyped if no one is talking about it. Lots of choices in the ~500 dollar sub and since EMP is an ID direct company, they don't advertise much. It sounded like audioholics was going to follow up there short write up with a full review soon.
Anyone remember when the new Impression line of speakers was going to be released?

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Elihawk is online now  
post #5262 of 5272 Old 07-25-2015, 07:33 AM
Member
 
snowx800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just received my center channel
EMP R56ci I'm gloss black
First off is quite large but the design of it looks really nice. Also wife loved the finish on the speaker.
Really just started to listen to it with different movies. I find this absolutely fantastic speaker.
Now I need to decide if I want to go with the matching towers or monitors. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437834751.403820.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	849242Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437834772.370004.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	849250


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowx800 is online now  
post #5263 of 5272 Old 07-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
ViperVenom18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowx800 View Post
I just received my center channel
EMP R56ci I'm gloss black
First off is quite large but the design of it looks really nice. Also wife loved the finish on the speaker.
Really just started to listen to it with different movies. I find this absolutely fantastic speaker.
Now I need to decide if I want to go with the matching towers or monitors. Attachment 849242Attachment 849250


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same center, and the matching towers. Get the towers! I have never got sound like I have now for the money.
ViperVenom18 is offline  
post #5264 of 5272 Old 07-25-2015, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,351
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 453
I would agree with Viper unless you got a limited budget up front...then go with the e5Bi now and then move then to surround duty when you can swing the towers!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Elihawk is online now  
post #5265 of 5272 Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Discontinued: EMP Tek Cinema 5 Compact HomeTheater System

(seem's I'm not allowed to post links , so...)

Hi - first time poster, so with flame retardant flack jacket on I'll inform community of a weird convo with EMP Tek...

In market for 5.1 satellite type home theater speaker set up (new Denon x3200 coming) and, after good reviews and positive vibes, was looking at EMP Tek: Cinema 5 Compact HomeTheater System

However, when ready to purchase and dropped into cart - found out they did not have in 'black'. Ok, that was strange - so a phone call later from rep I learn this series is - discontinued...! Rep points me to this as their new solution: RBH CTx SERIES 5.1 SYSTEM which, when you 'order online', takes you to:

EMP Tek site and $1,700 price tag

Ok - guy was nice enough be had no answers and could see this was a little, I dunno, bait and switch like; I mean - they could at least mark on site that price is so low because of status (sales guys didn't disagree - points for him); whatever...

Thanks to forum I'm looking at SVS now: SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 System

Seems a better system (more good reviews) and is still a great price. I'm sure EMP Tek bookshelf speakers rock but I'm tossing this note here in case others come across same situation; I've learned a lot from this rich community, so just giving folks a head's up.

Thank you.
KPowell is offline  
post #5266 of 5272 Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
Member
 
snowx800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowx800 View Post
I just received my center channel
EMP R56ci I'm gloss black
First off is quite large but the design of it looks really nice. Also wife loved the finish on the speaker.
Really just started to listen to it with different movies. I find this absolutely fantastic speaker.
Now I need to decide if I want to go with the matching towers or monitors. Attachment 849242Attachment 849250


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm going with the towers the R55TI
Now the only thing I'm trying to figure out color red Burl or black gloss

The wife and I like the black but we're almost thinking the red Burl would be nice does anyone have it and does it look as nice as it looks in the picture. Just don't want it to look cheap.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowx800 is online now  
post #5267 of 5272 Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dsrussell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corona, CA.
Posts: 3,588
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPowell View Post
(seem's I'm not allowed to post links , so...)

Hi - first time poster, so with flame retardant flack jacket on I'll inform community of a weird convo with EMP Tek...

In market for 5.1 satellite type home theater speaker set up (new Denon x3200 coming) and, after good reviews and positive vibes, was looking at EMP Tek: Cinema 5 Compact HomeTheater System

However, when ready to purchase and dropped into cart - found out they did not have in 'black'. Ok, that was strange - so a phone call later from rep I learn this series is - discontinued...! Rep points me to this as their new solution: RBH CTx SERIES 5.1 SYSTEM which, when you 'order online', takes you to:

EMP Tek site and $1,700 price tag

Ok - guy was nice enough be had no answers and could see this was a little, I dunno, bait and switch like; I mean - they could at least mark on site that price is so low because of status (sales guys didn't disagree - points for him); whatever...

Thanks to forum I'm looking at SVS now: SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 System

Seems a better system (more good reviews) and is still a great price. I'm sure EMP Tek bookshelf speakers rock but I'm tossing this note here in case others come across same situation; I've learned a lot from this rich community, so just giving folks a head's up.

Thank you.
No one is sure exactly where EMP Tek is going since RBH took complete control late last year (RBH was always EMP Tek’s “parent” company). I do think EMP Tek will remain a very popular and viable option in the low cost / good quality market, such as the Impression Series, while RBH will remain their high-end big brother.

I also think the SVS Prime series might be a very good option, especially considering one can pick up a PB-1000 or SB-1000 for the $1,000 system price tag. I simply think that five R5Bi’s @ $562 are better than the five Prime satellite speakers. Plus, one can still get the PB or SB-1000 and be right in the same pricing ballpark.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95 and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, PSA XS30, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
dsrussell is online now  
post #5268 of 5272 Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,588
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowx800 View Post
Well I'm going with the towers the R55TI
Now the only thing I'm trying to figure out color red Burl or black gloss

The wife and I like the black but we're almost thinking the red Burl would be nice does anyone have it and does it look as nice as it looks in the picture. Just don't want it to look cheap.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good choice on the towers, I have a full system in red burl and it's very elegant looking. Since you already have the center in black though, I wouldn't mix finishes.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
Transmaniacon is offline  
post #5269 of 5272 Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Member
 
snowx800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
No I'm not I've already talked to them and sending it back and exchange it out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowx800 is online now  
post #5270 of 5272 Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 3,351
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowx800 View Post
Well I'm going with the towers the R55TI
Now the only thing I'm trying to figure out color red Burl or black gloss

The wife and I like the black but we're almost thinking the red Burl would be nice does anyone have it and does it look as nice as it looks in the picture. Just don't want it to look cheap.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Red Burl is a finish that looks many times more expensive than the speaker! At least, before your (my) overly enthusiastic dog chipped the corner of one! Anyway, the Red Burl is a finish that looks spectacular, IMHO!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub

Last edited by Elihawk; Today at 04:07 AM.
Elihawk is online now  
post #5271 of 5272 Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
Member
 
jpshook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone here in the SF Bay Area willing to let me come and listen to their EMPTek speakers? I am looking to pick up a 5.0 set with a HSU sub, but it would be great to demo them before ordering.
jpshook is offline  
post #5272 of 5272 Unread Today, 05:32 PM
Member
 
tlopes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpshook View Post
Anyone here in the SF Bay Area willing to let me come and listen to their EMPTek speakers? I am looking to pick up a 5.0 set with a HSU sub, but it would be great to demo them before ordering.
I sent you a PM, EMPtek (RBH) rocks!

Yamaha RX-V773WA / EMP E55Ti, E56Ci, E5Bi, Dual ES1010i / Epson Projector 5010 / Elite Screens 120
tlopes is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off