**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #511 of 3427 Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I have done a comparison between Polk m40s and the Emp 5tis. The emps beat the m40s for music in a 2.0...but not by a huge margin. As front in my 5.1 HT, the emps are w/o question superior. As has been discussed, a sub is necessary with the empties.

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #512 of 3427 Old 04-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Member
 
Sabin057's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

Finally!!! some pictures of my awesome "LOW END ENTRY" Empteks!

Hey, how do the bipolar speakers sound on the back wall? I was doing some research and alot of it points that you need to move the couch away from the back wall to get the benefits of bipolar speakers.

ÂIt's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Sabin057 is offline  
post #513 of 3427 Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Man Albert Fish...you have some serious driver per sq footage going on there! AWESOME set up- Polk M70s?

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #514 of 3427 Old 04-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Member
 
Albert's Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post

Man Albert Fish...you have some serious driver per sq footage going on there! AWESOME set up- Polk M70s?

Thank you sir. Yes those are the Polk Monitor 70 Series II. I had read a review from another gentleman here days before I was going to purchase the M70's and that is what steered me to EMP Tek as he had both the M70's and the E55Ti's. The B stock E55Ti's were sold out so I bought the smaller E5Ti's to get a feel for how the E55Ti's would sound with the intention of moving them to the rear. Ultimately I was underwhelmed with the E5Ti's and decided to try the Polk's. My first thought after hooking up the Polk's was "aaahh, there it is." That's the sound I remember tower speakers producing from friends houses. I beleive you Elihawk when you say "The emps beat the m40s for music in a 2.0...but not by a huge margin." I probably could have spent half the money on the M40's for rears and been just as happy. Which brings us back to... yeah but the EMP's look nice.

@ lsturbointeg;
Yes as this is a bedroom setup space is limited. The distance from the front left speaker to my ears is 9 ft now. It wasn't an issue with the center channel, however I did notice while listening to music that some audio from the towers was bypassing me. So I moved the chair and the speakers back. Now the TV is to far away as I occasionally game on the PS3. I can scooch it up a bit. I may want to just because I don't like TV's glare off the towers. The glare would have been more significant with the glossy E55Ti's. If you are able to space your towers out the glare in a dark room may not intrude upon your field of view. Because mine have to be so close it is an issue. I do not want anything to distract from me becoming fully immersed in a movie (other than the fact that it's 2012 and we're still stuck at 1920x1080 dpi and nowhere close to min 60fps grrrr). I will be considering this issue when looking at glossy speakers in the future.
Albert's Fish is offline  
post #515 of 3427 Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Well, the M70s have a lot more "clearly defined" base that the M40s (and just plain go deeper)...the EMP5 Tis really shines in the Home theater arena with a decent sub. No doubt, as good as the EMP speaker sounds, it will never be refered to as "base heavy"!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #516 of 3427 Old 04-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin057 View Post

Hey, how do the bipolar speakers sound on the back wall? I was doing some research and alot of it points that you need to move the couch away from the back wall to get the benefits of bipolar speakers.

they are exactly 2' from the wall. it gives you that wrap around effect since there's 2 drivers and 2 tweeters facing away from each other. no matter if i'm staring at them i can't pin point the sound directly from it rather than moving left to right or vice versa! i only went with these instead of the E5ti's because of the recommendations from Brian at Emptek. gave me really good advice on these.

lsturbointeg is offline  
post #517 of 3427 Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert's Fish View Post

Thank you sir. Yes those are the Polk Monitor 70 Series II. I had read a review from another gentleman here days before I was going to purchase the M70's and that is what steered me to EMP Tek as he had both the M70's and the E55Ti's. The B stock E55Ti's were sold out so I bought the smaller E5Ti's to get a feel for how the E55Ti's would sound with the intention of moving them to the rear. Ultimately I was underwhelmed with the E5Ti's and decided to try the Polk's. My first thought after hooking up the Polk's was "aaahh, there it is." That's the sound I remember tower speakers producing from friends houses. I beleive you Elihawk when you say "The emps beat the m40s for music in a 2.0...but not by a huge margin." I probably could have spent half the money on the M40's for rears and been just as happy. Which brings us back to... yeah but the EMP's look nice.

i did the opposite...i steered away from the M70's after looking at the Emptek's. i was only a few minutes away from purchasing from Newegg.com the M70's, CS10 and i forgot what the rears were called when i happen to come across the 1st Emptek discount thread. like i posted earlier i can't chime in on the E5ti's but i'm sure that's why Emptek redesigned it and came up with the E55ti's. just reading the design seems totally different than the E5ti's. i did hear the M70's at a customer's house i went to today and yes, bass is much better but the highs and mids were rather fatiguing to my ears after just 5 minutes. but after what most people and even the reviewers, adding a sub will take care of the lows.

i based my system for mostly 98% HT and only 2% Music.
lsturbointeg is offline  
post #518 of 3427 Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post

Well, the M70s have a lot more "clearly defined" base that the M40s (and just plain go deeper)...the EMP5 Tis really shines in the Home theater arena with a decent sub. No doubt, as good as the EMP speaker sounds, it will never be refered to as "base heavy"!

kinda like i was explaining above, going from the M40's to the M70's is a big step. just like going from the e5ti's to the E55ti's. anyhow, love all this info that's being tossed around here!
lsturbointeg is offline  
post #519 of 3427 Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
does anyone know how to photoshop 2 ES1010i on both sides of the TV next to the E55ti's? that would look crazy especially with 2 E5bi's above the E55ti's. that would be a gorgeous sound stage with that many speakers.

lsturbointeg is offline  
post #520 of 3427 Old 04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
did some google image searching and i'm guessing it'll sort of look like this setup for the subs at least on both sides.



this is what i'm gunning for minus some of the surrounds for the rear but you see where i'm goin. they call them presence instead of front heights and both subs on the innter left and right of the mains. this is getting expensive and someone mentioned low entry level??

lsturbointeg is offline  
post #521 of 3427 Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Can some describe for me the difference in Sub performance from a front firing sub (like the EMP ES1010i) verus a down firing version (like the one I own)?

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #522 of 3427 Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Member
 
bitterwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post

Can some describe for me the difference in Sub performance from a front firing sub (like the EMP ES1010i) verus a down firing version (like the one I own)?

I cheated and went to google to find some info on this, because I didn't know either and this site helped some.
I went to http://www.ehow.com/about_5377563_do...ubwoofers.html

this was there quote on the matter,

While it might not be vital in terms of sound, one needs to keep placement in mind when purchasing a sub. A down-firing sub produces a solid sound every time, because the floor is almost always at the same distance from the driver. For front-firing subs on the other hand, may have other objects in their firing range, which may affect sound, however slight this may be. In terms of ease, down-firing wins.

Either way it doesn't seem to matter much.

EMP tek 5.1 theater setup, Marantz SR6006, Oppo BDP-95
Salk Songtowers, Emotiva XPA-2, ERC-1.  

This is a horrible hobby!!  My wallet hates me, takes up to much space, neighbors want me to move, but man my house sounds amazing!  

 

 
 

bitterwaste is offline  
post #523 of 3427 Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Member
 
bitterwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hahah this is not a cheap hobby! I've been using this site as my reference http://www.audioholics.com/buying-gu...theater-system
and there price keeps climbing on that site too! I think I've now dumped over 4k into my two systems and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. But on the other hand its fun. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

did some google image searching and i'm guessing it'll sort of look like this setup for the subs at least on both sides.



this is what i'm gunning for minus some of the surrounds for the rear but you see where i'm goin. they call them presence instead of front heights and both subs on the innter left and right of the mains. this is getting expensive and someone mentioned low entry level??



EMP tek 5.1 theater setup, Marantz SR6006, Oppo BDP-95
Salk Songtowers, Emotiva XPA-2, ERC-1.  

This is a horrible hobby!!  My wallet hates me, takes up to much space, neighbors want me to move, but man my house sounds amazing!  

 

 
 

bitterwaste is offline  
post #524 of 3427 Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterwaste View Post

hahah this is not a cheap hobby! I've been using this site as my reference http://www.audioholics.com/buying-gu...theater-system
and there price keeps climbing on that site too! I think I've now dumped over 4k into my two systems and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. But on the other hand its fun. lol

same here! i already have a 12" downfiring sub from Klipsch and Emptek decided to put a pretty looking Dual 10" subs on here and now i'm really debating on whether i need these or do i really really need these? my sub sits behind my couch but i've been picturing how blinging my system would look like with 2 of these next to the E55ti's? i'm not even interested in the sound but the aesthetic looks. call me crazy but until i have another hobby HT is got me hooked!
lsturbointeg is offline  
post #525 of 3427 Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Well I do need a sub...got s crappy 8 inch down-firing sls audio sub...but a new sub won't be in the budget now!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #526 of 3427 Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Member
 
bitterwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well we'll find out how this sub is, I should get it tomorrow and just need to find a good LFE cable to hook it up, I think they look great and a lot of sites said its fine for a small area so I have high hopes for it and in the next year or so I should have 2 if they are good enough.

EMP tek 5.1 theater setup, Marantz SR6006, Oppo BDP-95
Salk Songtowers, Emotiva XPA-2, ERC-1.  

This is a horrible hobby!!  My wallet hates me, takes up to much space, neighbors want me to move, but man my house sounds amazing!  

 

 
 

bitterwaste is offline  
post #527 of 3427 Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterwaste View Post

Well we'll find out how this sub is, I should get it tomorrow and just need to find a good LFE cable to hook it up, I think they look great and a lot of sites said its fine for a small area so I have high hopes for it and in the next year or so I should have 2 if they are good enough.

i'm wondering if this is a sealed enclosure or ported? if it's sealed this would sound great with music vs the ported sounds well with HT. i'mma do some research on it. oh, and the wife said "NO!" about getting these since i already have a sub

well, nevermind...it's ported.
lsturbointeg is offline  
post #528 of 3427 Old 04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterwaste View Post

Well we'll find out how this sub is, I should get it tomorrow and just need to find a good LFE cable to hook it up, I think they look great and a lot of sites said its fine for a small area so I have high hopes for it and in the next year or so I should have 2 if they are good enough.

it did get some pretty good reviews.
lsturbointeg is offline  
post #529 of 3427 Old 04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Member
 
bitterwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

it did get some pretty good reviews.

bummer with the wife saying no to another sub, I see the post where taken down to get one for 300 dollars so I glad I jumped on it before it was removed. But in someways for myself this is going into a HT so I hope it will do better for HT then music but I might have to hook it up to the two Songtowers and see if it gives it more bang when I listen to more bassy type of songs like "bass I love you" to see how well it will hit the lower notes.

EMP tek 5.1 theater setup, Marantz SR6006, Oppo BDP-95
Salk Songtowers, Emotiva XPA-2, ERC-1.  

This is a horrible hobby!!  My wallet hates me, takes up to much space, neighbors want me to move, but man my house sounds amazing!  

 

 
 

bitterwaste is offline  
post #530 of 3427 Old 04-28-2012, 07:35 AM
Newbie
 
egandb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry guys, I didn't realize I was breaking the AVS rules by posting the flash sale links to the ES1010i subs. I actually got spanked by one of the admins. (got an infraction worth 3 points) Oops! Needless to say, I won't be doing that anymore.

We were wondering why the sales of just shut off. Now we know why. So, we've updated the ES1010i page on the site.

Again, my apologies for breaking the rules!

Daren
__________________
Daren B. Egan
Sales & Marketing Director EMP Tek
egandb is online now  
post #531 of 3427 Old 04-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Member
 
beergut99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does the ES1010i use rubber or foam in the drivers ?
beergut99 is offline  
post #532 of 3427 Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Butyl rubber

3 - JTR 228's LCR (game room)
2 - DIY Sound Group V-8 Coaxials (game room)
4 - PSA Triax's (game room)
2 - SVS SB13+'s (living room)
1 - SVS SB12-NSD (bedroom)
raynist is online now  
post #533 of 3427 Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Member
 
bitterwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For me it was awesome Daren, OMG I can't believe how huge this sub is until I got it! I'll be more then happy to do a review on it and that sucks you got a slap on the hand for doing that, either way you have another happy customer and will look at getting either RBH surround speakers for this system or go the way of EMP tek, if you have any recommendations feel free and send them my way.

Thanks again Daren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egandb View Post

Sorry guys, I didn't realize I was breaking the AVS rules by posting the flash sale links to the ES1010i subs. I actually got spanked by one of the admins. (got an infraction worth 3 points) Oops! Needless to say, I won't be doing that anymore.

We were wondering why the sales of just shut off. Now we know why. So, we've updated the ES1010i page on the site.

Again, my apologies for breaking the rules!

Daren
__________________
Daren B. Egan
Sales & Marketing Director EMP Tek


EMP tek 5.1 theater setup, Marantz SR6006, Oppo BDP-95
Salk Songtowers, Emotiva XPA-2, ERC-1.  

This is a horrible hobby!!  My wallet hates me, takes up to much space, neighbors want me to move, but man my house sounds amazing!  

 

 
 

bitterwaste is offline  
post #534 of 3427 Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
post some pictures bitterwaste when you get a chance!
lsturbointeg is offline  
post #535 of 3427 Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Member
 
bitterwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
sure here you go









SO far so good with the sub

EMP tek 5.1 theater setup, Marantz SR6006, Oppo BDP-95
Salk Songtowers, Emotiva XPA-2, ERC-1.  

This is a horrible hobby!!  My wallet hates me, takes up to much space, neighbors want me to move, but man my house sounds amazing!  

 

 
 

bitterwaste is offline  
post #536 of 3427 Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Newbie
 
bohmann9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey all,
just got my pair of es1010i subs today. first post on here btw, but i've been checking out this thread a lot along the way. here's a picture of them next to my e55ti's. hope that helps you out with the visualization lsturbointeg. the sound is incredible. shakes my couch and it really sounds like the bass is coming from everywhere in the room. reasonably small living area. maybe 15'x10'. really adds to the towers giving them a tactile punch. next move is upgrading my center channel and I'd like some of your input on that. would I really appreciate having a vertical center (perhaps a e5ti) over the e56ci? I'm considering going phantom with my speakers so close together, but really like having the center to anchor the dialog to the tv. These subs are great for music imo. I haven't heard that many subs to compare to, but my friend's deq-15" velodyne doesn't make me jealous anymore. thanks for any feedback.
LL
bohmann9 is offline  
post #537 of 3427 Old 05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohmann9 View Post

hey all,
just got my pair of es1010i subs today. first post on here btw, but i've been checking out this thread a lot along the way. here's a picture of them next to my e55ti's. hope that helps you out with the visualization lsturbointeg. the sound is incredible. shakes my couch and it really sounds like the bass is coming from everywhere in the room. reasonably small living area. maybe 15'x10'. really adds to the towers giving them a tactile punch. next move is upgrading my center channel and I'd like some of your input on that. would I really appreciate having a vertical center (perhaps a e5ti) over the e56ci? I'm considering going phantom with my speakers so close together, but really like having the center to anchor the dialog to the tv. These subs are great for music imo. I haven't heard that many subs to compare to, but my friend's deq-15" velodyne doesn't make me jealous anymore. thanks for any feedback.

that looks awesome! i was trying to get a photoshop done and this is exactly what i pictured. thanks! as far as the center you really can't go wrong with the E56ci. i've read great reviews on it compared to the smaller E5ci. i thought about running an e5ti vertical for the center but i just don't have the room for it. the E56ci just blends well with the E55ti's. IMHO the dialogue to me disappears and seems to come from the panel itself so it's very well balanced. i made my decision only by what people posted here and at audioholics forum and was pleased when i heard it myself.

lsturbointeg is offline  
post #538 of 3427 Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Senior Member
 
lsturbointeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fremont, Ohio
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
looks good bitterwaste. how does it sound? i'm wondering if there's a big difference running .1 vs .2?
lsturbointeg is offline  
post #539 of 3427 Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Member
 
bitterwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

looks good bitterwaste. how does it sound? i'm wondering if there's a big difference running .1 vs .2?

So far this sub is awesome, I listen to the song bass I love you and then immortals and I can say with out a doubt it shacks my room with no problem, in some ways I would be scared to see what two of them can do, I've had a chance in the past test a lot of subs out and I would rank this one pretty high on the ones I've got to hear. I really do enjoy it and would recommend it to any one at this point.

EMP tek 5.1 theater setup, Marantz SR6006, Oppo BDP-95
Salk Songtowers, Emotiva XPA-2, ERC-1.  

This is a horrible hobby!!  My wallet hates me, takes up to much space, neighbors want me to move, but man my house sounds amazing!  

 

 
 

bitterwaste is offline  
post #540 of 3427 Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Anyone know if the different looking drivers in the es1010i sub have a function? Are the two woofers putting out different quality/quantity of sound? I assume so, but could find nothing in the description to indicate this...

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off