**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 208 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 810Likes

post #6211 of 7016 Old 01-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by notacos4u View Post
I have polk monitor 70's but am looking to change things out and I like the looks of the emp tek impression Fluance and SVS Prime series. Right now, I need to get rear surrounds because the new set up, I can't use the Polk monitor 60's as surrounds because there is no place to put them. I've uploaded some pics of how my set up is currently. The open spot in the entertainment will be totally filled up with a Samsung 65JS8500. I also currently have a SVS sub and my receiver is a Denon AVR-1913.Any recommendations even if it isn't what I have listed would be a great help and much appreciated. As you can see in the pics... I don't have corners in the front, seeing how I have hallways on both sides, and I was thinking about possibly putting the R55Wi Surround On-wall Speaker in use because of the way things are set up, just concerned about having to mount them high on the wall so they aren't bumped into when someone walks down the hallway.
Try the risk free from different brands you like and see if you enjoy it more than the polks. Focus on front 3 speakers first and you can worry about rears later. You have a budget? So why don't you like your polks anymore? This will help provide suggestions.

Speakers: Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
Video Gear: Sony 45es projector, 120 inch Silver Ticket screen, Panasonic BDT500 bluray player
Audio Gear: Rotel 1075 amplifier, Rotel 1068 pre/pro
Power conditioner: Monster
Cables: Bluejeans, MasterCable, BetterCables, Sewell Direct, Monoprice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Try the risk free from different brands you like and see if you enjoy it more than the polks. Focus on front 3 speakers first and you can worry about rears later. You have a budget? So why don't you like your polks anymore? This will help provide suggestions.
Was just looking for something new pretty much. The fact that I can't use the 60's as rears and surrounds was the initial reason for even entertaining the idea. We use the speakers 80/20 home theatre. If I had to define a budget, I'd say it is $1500 and with that I'd like to be able to get a full 5.0 system. At a later date I might upgrade the receiver and potentially add amps, but don't really know if I would even need any of them as the times that I would even listen to them at a loud level would be severely limited.
post #6213 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 709
Quote:
Was just looking for something new pretty much. The fact that I can't use the 60's as rears and surrounds was the initial reason for even entertaining the idea. We use the speakers 80/20 home theatre. If I had to define a budget, I'd say it is $1500 and with that I'd like to be able to get a full 5.0 system. At a later date I might upgrade the receiver and potentially add amps, but don't really know if I would even need any of them as the times that I would even listen to them at a loud level would be severely limited.
Have you considered any upgrade to the subs?

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 3 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #6214 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
Have you considered any upgrade to the subs?
I have a SVS Sub, so I am pretty sure I am covered in that department. Unless I go with 2 subs, but as of right now, I NEED surrounds, and am debating on whether or not I am going to upgrade the mains and center. I was thinking of the EMP on wall surrounds, and really like the look of them and that was one of the reasons I was thinking of upgrading the fronts, because I'm concerned that they won't have the 55's later on. I won't have my new television till either just before superbowl or right after, awaiting the delivery of it. Once it gets here and I hook everything up, I'll have a better idea how the fronts will perform in our new room, but still won't have the surrounds to get a true and reflective idea of how everything will come together.
post #6215 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have a SVS Sub, so I am pretty sure I am covered in that department. Unless I go with 2 subs, but as of right now, I NEED surrounds, and am debating on whether or not I am going to upgrade the mains and center. I was thinking of the EMP on wall surrounds, and really like the look of them and that was one of the reasons I was thinking of upgrading the fronts, because I'm concerned that they won't have the 55's later on. I won't have my new television till either just before superbowl or right after, awaiting the delivery of it. Once it gets here and I hook everything up, I'll have a better idea how the fronts will perform in our new room, but still won't have the surrounds to get a true and reflective idea of how everything will come together.
If you want the EMP surrounds, now is the time to get them.
http://emptek.com/bs7661212368RR.php

post #6216 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Don't focus too much about surrounds right now. They do not need to match the fronts at all and you do not need to spend a lot on surrounds. If you are not happy with the polks sound signature then you can start auditioning other brands to find the sound and then we will help you with surrounds later. If you are into movies which you say, you should definitely get a sub first in my opinion. You may then think you like the setup and do not need to buy new speakers except for surrounds. First buy a sub and see if you like your 3.1 setup and then make a decision after that.

No need to get amps right now. First the sub so you can enjoy the movies more.....then upgrade front 3 if you want different sound (assuming you have tried speaker placement, level matching, etc to get the best out of your polks)....then add surrounds last since its only about 15% of the movie content. Then if you feel you need more power or newer format and features then you can upgrade your AVR or amp/preamp last.

Video Gear: Sony 45es projector, 120 inch Silver Ticket screen, Panasonic BDT500 bluray player
post #6217 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Sorry, didn't see you had SVS sub already. If you do decide to upgrade front 3 speakers you could use your rears as surrounds. haha But if you really want surrounds now you can get bipole/dipole if you put them on the sides of wall. Emp tek has a sale and fluance has bipole surrounds even cheaper at $120 pair.

post #6218 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Don't focus too much about surrounds right now. They do not need to match the fronts at all and you do not need to spend a lot on surrounds. If you are not happy with the polks sound signature then you can start auditioning other brands to find the sound and then we will help you with surrounds later. If you are into movies which you say, you should definitely get a sub first in my opinion. You may then think you like the setup and do not need to buy new speakers except for surrounds. First buy a sub and see if you like your 3.1 setup and then make a decision after that.

No need to get amps right now. First the sub so you can enjoy the movies more.....then upgrade front 3 if you want different sound (assuming you have tried speaker placement, level matching, etc to get the best out of your polks)....then add surrounds last since its only about 15% of the movie content. Then if you feel you need more power or newer format and features then you can upgrade your AVR or amp/preamp last.
I have a SVS sub right now, so I believe I'm set on that end. I am going to be limited in regards to speaker placement due to the fact, I have a hallway going down both sides of where my TV will be going. If you look in an earlier post, I put up some pictures of how my set up will be situated. I guess I'm kind of putting the cart before the horse seeing how I don't have the TV in place yet to even see if I like how movies will sound. Because of the open multi use layout of where everything is, I'm not even too sure how I'd be able to move the sub to a different location because draping cables over the floor I don't think the wife would allow. although, I could run it through the ceiling and down the wall, but I'm limited on placement there as well as only one wall I could put it against
post #6219 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Are you saying you don't know how your current polks and svs sub combo sounds like for movies yet til you get your tv installed?

post #6220 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
LOL I'm in the same boat as you.... I just started a thread Speaker advice

I'm strongly looking at the Impression series for a 5.0 setup. Also considering Chane and Klipsch. Can't decide....
post #6221 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
By the way, Emptek fans, which are better for surround duty: R55wi or R55bi? Talking on-wall placement, on stands, bookending a sofa section.
post #6222 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2143 Post(s)
Liked: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd7764 View Post
By the way, Emptek fans, which are better for surround duty: R55wi or R55bi? Talking on-wall placement, on stands, bookending a sofa section.
It would be good to know the size/volume of your room (width, length, height) and if it is open to other rooms. It would also be nice to know how far away from the main listening position your speakers are. How loudly do you play movies/music? Reference or below?

The R55Ti will have a totally different sound signature from the Klipsch and I’m not sure you are prepared for that. You can find my impressions on the R55Ti here: http://www.amazon.com/RBH-Sound-R55T...ords=rbh+tower Like any review, it’s one man’s opinion only.

Yes, I know this is an EMP Tek thread, but Chane is another good option (I haven’t auditioned them), but shipping charges can get pretty steep (especially if you need to return them). SVS Primes is another good solution and shipping is free both ways with a 45 day trial period. I’d also advise you to go out and listen to as many speakers as you can. As far as Fluance Signature towers, they appear to have a sound closer to the Klipsch from what I have been able to deduce from those user reviews.

As far as surrounds, pffft. They produce 5% to 15% of the audio signal, so unless you have a lot of 5.1 concert videos I wouldn’t spend that much on surrounds. I think my R5Bi’s are way too good for surround effects usage. I am thinking of replacing them with smaller, cheaper speakers and place my R5Bi’s in another room where they can shine. The R55Wi is basically two R5Bi’s tied into one case. It also depends upon how wide your listening position is to whether bi-poles would be effective for you.
yanks1 likes this.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #6223 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Are you saying you don't know how your current polks and svs sub combo sounds like for movies yet til you get your tv installed?
We just moved into our new place, and the previous TV got damaged in the move, so I have not had a chance to totally try out the current set up in it's current locations. kind of hard to play and listen to a movie when there's no picture. Main reason I was even looking into new speakers is due to no longer being able to use the Polk monitor 60's for anything in the home theatre because I have no place to put them. More I think about it, it appears I just need to purchase some surrounds/rears that can be mounted upon the walls and see how I like it when I have everything set up. I guess the sale they are having is one of the reasons I was trying to move on the possibility of buying them. Any suggestions for surrounds to get to mount on the walls? I will have to mount them higher up (8' ceilings) and angle them as like I previously stated, there are hallways/ walkways on either side of the sitting area.

I greatly appreciate everyone's assistance and guidance with my questions. Thanks
post #6224 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
We just moved into our new place, and the previous TV got damaged in the move, so I have not had a chance to totally try out the current set up in it's current locations. kind of hard to play and listen to a movie when there's no picture. Main reason I was even looking into new speakers is due to no longer being able to use the Polk monitor 60's for anything in the home theatre because I have no place to put them. More I think about it, it appears I just need to purchase some surrounds/rears that can be mounted upon the walls and see how I like it when I have everything set up. I guess the sale they are having is one of the reasons I was trying to move on the possibility of buying them. Any suggestions for surrounds to get to mount on the walls? I will have to mount them higher up (8' ceilings) and angle them as like I previously stated, there are hallways/ walkways on either side of the sitting area.

I greatly appreciate everyone's assistance and guidance with my questions. Thanks
While you are waiting on your new tv you can still play music/cds and see how it sounds compared to old room. I've had my speakers in 7 different locations and they all sounded little different in each room. You may find that you like the polk in this new room over the previous room and not need to upgrade except for bipole surrounds. Once you get your tv, play movies and see how the 3.1 sounds (don't forget to calibrate each speaker levels since it won't be same as old room). Then figure out what you don't like about the setup and we will help you guide from there.

post #6225 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

One other thing from looking at your pictures if I can make a suggestion is to have your center speaker angled down since its way up too high. If it was me I would get small speaker stand and have it in front of the subwoofer (or thats what I'm assuming that is under the tv stand?) and have it angled up towards the listening position. Getting the center speaker in optimum position will be bigger improvement than surrounds in my opinion.

post #6226 of 7016 Old 01-31-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
One other thing from looking at your pictures if I can make a suggestion is to have your center speaker angled down since its way up too high. If it was me I would get small speaker stand and have it in front of the subwoofer (or thats what I'm assuming that is under the tv stand?) and have it angled up towards the listening position. Getting the center speaker in optimum position will be bigger improvement than surrounds in my opinion.
You are correct ereed, that's the Sub, I too was worried about the center being that high up, although it is angled down, I know hard to tell. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place because the bridge on top of the entertainment center will be getting adjusted to fit in between the 2 pillars and the TV will take up the entire space, minus maybe 3" where the TV will be raised by the base. Any ideas on a stand to hold the center without blocking the TV. Once again, thank you for all your guidance.
post #6227 of 7016 Old 02-01-2016, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You are correct ereed, that's the Sub, I too was worried about the center being that high up, although it is angled down, I know hard to tell. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place because the bridge on top of the entertainment center will be getting adjusted to fit in between the 2 pillars and the TV will take up the entire space, minus maybe 3" where the TV will be raised by the base. Any ideas on a stand to hold the center without blocking the TV. Once again, thank you for all your guidance.
I purchased two of these (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_8&sr=8-8). I used one some time last year, and another for a family member. I used mine to lift my TV up so I could place the center channel inside the shelf.

Amazon should have these in-stock soon. They also have a smaller version as well, so not sure your needs.
ereed likes this.

Last edited by bgtighe23; 02-01-2016 at 08:50 AM.
post #6228 of 7016 Old 02-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

You can do what bgtighe23 suggested and here is another one. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rd_i=desktopor Its just to raise your tv so that the bottom of tv is higher than the center speaker. The center channel speaker stand I'm talking about will go on the floor in front of the sub and its 18 inches tall. http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-Systems-...+speaker+stand

post #6229 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi folks,
Wanted to get some feedback from E55Ti and E56Ci users. I have them as my fronts and the E5Bi as the 4 surrounds.
What I feel is the front stage is not loud enough and seems far (in front) from the MLP.
My full set up is in my signature.
My MLP is about 14ft from the screen and the room is 12ft X 22ft.

Have anyone went through the same or have similar experience?
I have gone through calibrating using Audyssey multiple times, did the subwoofer crawl to place it correctly. Everything that I can think of and was suggested on this forum.

Would appreciate any input..

7.1 HT Setup: EMPTek E55Ti (L&R), E56Ci (Center), E5Bi (side and rear surrounds), SVS PB-2000, DENON AVR x2100W, BENQ W1070, SilverTicket 110" screen, 3DHeaven ultra clear HD glasses
post #6230 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp001 View Post
Hi folks,
Wanted to get some feedback from E55Ti and E56Ci users. I have them as my fronts and the E5Bi as the 4 surrounds.
What I feel is the front stage is not loud enough and seems far (in front) from the MLP.
My full set up is in my signature.
My MLP is about 14ft from the screen and the room is 12ft X 22ft.

Have anyone went through the same or have similar experience?
I have gone through calibrating using Audyssey multiple times, did the subwoofer crawl to place it correctly. Everything that I can think of and was suggested on this forum.

Would appreciate any input..
Can you explain what you mean not loud enough? Different people listen to different volume loudness from others. I'm assuming you listen to your movies at 75db if its calibrated at 75db correct? Also some pics showing your setup will help us figure out the issue or make suggestions. Maybe you are talking about not forward/bright enough as opposed to volume loudness?

post #6231 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Can you explain what you mean not loud enough? Different people listen to different volume loudness from others. I'm assuming you listen to your movies at 75db if its calibrated at 75db correct? Also some pics showing your setup will help us figure out the issue or make suggestions. Maybe you are talking about not forward/bright enough as opposed to volume loudness?
Yes, the former.. i mean, not forward/bright enough.
I end up having to increase the volume to almost -5db or so while watching movies to be able to hear the dialogs clearly. I have already raised the dialog adjust on my receiver by 2-3db.
its hard to describe, but the sound from the fronts is not immersive.. i guess?

attached is a pic to give some visual context. I moved the Sub to the right wall about 4ft from the front since the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151227_082126.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1241489  

7.1 HT Setup: EMPTek E55Ti (L&R), E56Ci (Center), E5Bi (side and rear surrounds), SVS PB-2000, DENON AVR x2100W, BENQ W1070, SilverTicket 110" screen, 3DHeaven ultra clear HD glasses
post #6232 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Keep in mind, that is VERY movie specific. I have some movies that I listen to at -20 dB and they are really loud. I have others I have to bump the volume up to -10 dB and still not as loud/dynamic. Other movie are VERY loud in special affects, but some of the dialogue is mixed lower and can be hard to hear (well discussed for Intrastellar).
Have you messed with Speaker locations/toe in/out from the wall, etc. If you imaging is giving you a feeling of "far in front" then toe out? Which seat is considered your MLP? Do so, and rerun Audessey/YAPO several times. Wall reflections might also be an issue, so you would have to move them in or get some wall acoustic panels at the first reflection point.

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only
post #6233 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, the former.. i mean, not forward/bright enough.
I end up having to increase the volume to almost -5db or so while watching movies to be able to hear the dialogs clearly. I have already raised the dialog adjust on my receiver by 2-3db.
its hard to describe, but the sound from the fronts is not immersive.. i guess?

attached is a pic to give some visual context. I moved the Sub to the right wall about 4ft from the front since the picture.
Sir,

It seems someone has stolen your right subwoofer.

My deepest condolences,
BT.
zencarver likes this.

post #6234 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Keep in mind, that is VERY movie specific. I have some movies that I listen to at -20 dB and they are really loud. I have others I have to bump the volume up to -10 dB and still not as loud/dynamic. Other movie are VERY loud in special affects, but some of the dialogue is mixed lower and can be hard to hear (well discussed for Intrastellar).
Have you messed with Speaker locations/toe in/out from the wall, etc. If you imaging is giving you a feeling of "far in front" then toe out? Which seat is considered your MLP? Do so, and rerun Audessey/YAPO several times. Wall reflections might also be an issue, so you would have to move them in or get some wall acoustic panels at the first reflection point.
Agree. But i pretty much have to be in the -10 to -5db area for any movie content. Not sure if being this close to reference is a good thing, in terms of causing any danger to the receiver itself?
Yes, i played around with the front speaker positions. I have the center turned a little upwards with a wedge. The LR speakers are toed in (as in pointing to the MLP) and about 1.5ft away from the side and back walls (based on other posts i read on the forum).
Are you suggesting I should toe out, as in point them towards the side walls? let me know if i got it correct..

post #6235 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
Sir,

It seems someone has stolen your right subwoofer.

My deepest condolences,
BT.
I meant to say I moved the subwoofer that you see in the picture to the right side wall :-)

post #6236 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I meant to say I moved the subwoofer that you see in the picture to the right side wall :-)
Sir,

It seems someone has stolen your left subwoofer.

My deepest condolences,
BT.
zencarver likes this.

Last edited by bgtighe23; 02-10-2016 at 08:08 AM.
post #6237 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Quote:
Agree. But i pretty much have to be in the -10 to -5db area for any movie content. Not sure if being this close to reference is a good thing, in terms of causing any danger to the receiver itself?
Yes, i played around with the front speaker positions. I have the center turned a little upwards with a wedge. The LR speakers are toed in (as in pointing to the MLP) and about 1.5ft away from the side and back walls (based on other posts i read on the forum).
Are you suggesting I should toe out, as in point them towards the side walls? let me know if i got it correct..
No, I wouldn't toe them out...sorry, bad terminology. lessen the toe in a bit.

not sure what is going on, but I have a crappy Yamaha AV receiver with something like 75 wpc and the smaller version of your towers and for most movies, I would NOT DARE try -5 dB. Of course I sit about 10 feet from my speakers, so I am a little closer. Something doesn't sound right (well, literally to you!). What AV rec are you using again? With a decent AV rec and those speakers, your room should be rocking!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only
post #6238 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

By the way nice dedicated room!

Pull your speakers out 6 inches more and little further from side walls so its closer to the screen. You want your mains a little further out front than your center or at least lined up. Looks like in the pics the mains are behind the center? Try to set all speaker levels to 0 in your AVR and then do the SPL levels manually to 75 db on your master volume knob and then calibrate each speaker seperately. Try it this way and see how it compares to audennsey. I'm assummig your speaker levels go from -5 to +5? Usually in that case it will be something like between -2 to +3 depending on the speaker. I'm not familiar with yamaha receivers though.

You also say its not forward/bright enough? What speakers did you have before these? You could have had either a brighter speaker that you were used to or it was higher sensitivity speakers?

post #6239 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
No, I wouldn't toe them out...sorry, bad terminology. lessen the toe in a bit.

not sure what is going on, but I have a crappy Yamaha AV receiver with something like 75 wpc and the smaller version of your towers and for most movies, I would NOT DARE try -5 dB. Of course I sit about 10 feet from my speakers, so I am a little closer. Something doesn't sound right (well, literally to you!). What AV rec are you using again? With a decent AV rec and those speakers, your room should be rocking!
Thats exactly what I was expecting :-) for the room to rock..
I have x2100w Denon receiver. Should have enough juice i thought.
Will try with less toe in..
Does that have anything with the fact that these are 6ohm speakers while the surrounds are 8ohms?

post #6240 of 7016 Old 02-09-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
By the way nice dedicated room!

Pull your speakers out 6 inches more and little further from side walls so its closer to the screen. You want your mains a little further out front than your center or at least lined up. Looks like in the pics the mains are behind the center? Try to set all speaker levels to 0 in your AVR and then do the SPL levels manually to 75 db on your master volume knob and then calibrate each speaker seperately. Try it this way and see how it compares to audennsey. I'm assummig your speaker levels go from -5 to +5? Usually in that case it will be something like between -2 to +3 depending on the speaker. I'm not familiar with yamaha receivers though.

You also say its not forward/bright enough? What speakers did you have before these? You could have had either a brighter speaker that you were used to or it was higher sensitivity speakers?
Thanks.
LR speakers are actually in line with the center and about 1.5 ft away from side and rear walls. I had done those changes after the picture was taken.
When you say calibrate each speaker separately, what do you mean.. sorry, only thing that I have done so far for calibration is used the Audyssey method. can you please elaborate how I would do that? BTW, i have a Denon x2100w receiver not Yamaha.

You got me here, these are my first set of "real" home theater speakers :-) Was using a Sony HTiB 5.1 system before..

Last edited by rahulp001; 02-09-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page