**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 209 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 550Likes

post #6241 of 6245 Old Today, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp001 View Post
Thats exactly what I was expecting :-) for the room to rock..
I have x2100w Denon receiver. Should have enough juice i thought.
Will try with less toe in..
Does that have anything with the fact that these are 6ohm speakers while the surrounds are 8ohms?
yes, you have plenty of power. I doubt the 6/8ohm is the reason why your system isn't getting loud.
How high is your ceiling? Not sure what is wrong, but something is amiss. When you run Audessy, what levels/distances does it set your speakers at? Nice room, btw...

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6242 of 6245 Old Today, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Thats exactly what I was expecting :-) for the room to rock..
I have x2100w Denon receiver. Should have enough juice i thought.
Will try with less toe in..
Does that have anything with the fact that these are 6ohm speakers while the surrounds are 8ohms?
I would pick up an SPL meter and see how loud your room is getting. That would be the first step in troubleshooting because your amp has plenty of power for these speakers.
post #6243 of 6245 Old Today, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
yes, you have plenty of power. I doubt the 6/8ohm is the reason why your system isn't getting loud.
How high is your ceiling? Not sure what is wrong, but something is amiss. When you run Audessy, what levels/distances does it set your speakers at? Nice room, btw...
Thanks Elihawk.
Ceilings are 8ft. attached are the Audyssey results. I tweaked them a bit to bump up the Sub and the Center by 2dbs after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160209_204623[1].jpg
Views:	11
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1242649   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160209_204520[1].jpg
Views:	11
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1242657  

7.1 HT Setup: EMPTek E55Ti (L&R), E56Ci (Center), E5Bi (side and rear surrounds), SVS PB-2000, DENON AVR x2100W, BENQ W1070, SilverTicket 110" screen
post #6244 of 6245 Old Today, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I would pick up an SPL meter and see how loud your room is getting. That would be the first step in troubleshooting because your amp has plenty of power for these speakers.
Thanks, will read up on using the SPL meter, never used it. will pick one up over the weekend.
One thing i did not mention is that the surround sound is pretty good, its just the front stage that seems to be the problem.

7.1 HT Setup: EMPTek E55Ti (L&R), E56Ci (Center), E5Bi (side and rear surrounds), SVS PB-2000, DENON AVR x2100W, BENQ W1070, SilverTicket 110" screen
post #6245 of 6245 Old Today, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
Quote:
Thanks Elihawk.
Ceilings are 8ft. attached are the Audyssey results. I tweaked them a bit to bump up the Sub and the Center by 2dbs after.
If you’ve done the following when running Audyssey, then ignore this post.

1. Make sure you use a tripod. Better yet, a boom with the mic attached at the end. Stand off to the side and keep yourself out of the soundstage area. Make sure each mic position is less than 2 feet away from the previous position. Keep the mic within the soundstage area when positioning.
2. After running the first mic position, check on the subwoofer trim level in the menu. It should read between -3 and -6 or -6 and -9 (I use the latter and run my sub 4 or 5 dB hot, others use the former). Adjust the gain level on the sub and redo the first test until you see those numbers. I’m surprised that your subwoofer distance was calculated at only 10.3 ft. I think that should be more than your front speakers, say like 15 feet (the sub number isn’t really a matter of distance, it’s a matter Audyssey considering the time delay of the sub). Anyway, once you are satisfied with the subwoofer trim level, redo Audyssey from the start and go through all 6 or 8 positions (depending upon your level of Audyssey).
3. Take note of how Audyssey has setup each speaker and subwoofer and write all the numbers down. Also check to see where Audyssey has crossed over your speakers/subwoofer. Make sure your speakers are set to "small". If unhappy, adjust to your preferences.
4. Anytime you add, subtract or move furniture in the room, or adjust speaker/subwoofer locations, rerun Audyssey.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 & C48, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek R5Bi, RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page