**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 223 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 638Likes

post #6661 of 6675 Old 07-29-2016, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1231 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
Yeah the fuss was you telling me 6ohm speakers would make my amp run cooler.
And that relates to SQ in what way? Seriously...

I also never said your amp will run cooler, I said higher impedance leads to less resistance which leads to less thermal build up.

Where is the mention of SQ there?

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 2 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6662 of 6675 Old 07-29-2016, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Riiiiiiight. Not concerned about sound quality. Asked about power and ohm correlation. And yeah you did. Nice try. But I digress as well should you. You were proven wrong and now trying to take it a different direction. Ignore my posts. You obviously can't handle the audio video science part of it. Seriously. I already knew the answer. Trying to learn and get more details. You're basically trolling me now.
post #6663 of 6675 Old 07-29-2016, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Riiiiiiight. Not concerned about sound quality. Asked about power and ohm correlation. And yeah you did. Nice try. But I digress as well should you. You were proven wrong and now trying to take it a different direction. Ignore my posts. You obviously can't handle the audio video science part of it. Seriously. I already knew the answer. Trying to learn and get more details. You're basically trolling me now.
You literally take everything and twist it around.
I said "that relates to SQ is what way" and you took that as I don't care about SQ. Wow...

I wasn't proven wrong, tell me how? You didn't just disprove electrical engineering by twisting my words around and I ignored you because you have zero idea what you're talking about, talk completely off topic, can't comprehend basic sentences, and twist my sentences around so bad that it's painfully obvious. So unless you can respond with something worth conversing about, until then, bye

post #6664 of 6675 Old 07-29-2016, 11:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
You literally take everything and twist it around.
I said "that relates to SQ is what way" and you took that as I don't care about SQ. Wow...

I wasn't proven wrong, tell me how? You didn't just disprove electrical engineering by twisting my words around and I ignored you because you have zero idea what you're talking about, talk completely off topic, can't comprehend basic sentences, and twist my sentences around so bad that it's painfully obvious. So unless you can respond with something worth conversing about, until then, bye
I haven't twisted anything. My initial inquiry was will the heat difference be noticeable with 6ohm speakers. What are you? A high profile politician? Younever answered my request to put a 1 or 8 ohm resistor or copper wire for hahas across a 9v battery nor the PDF I linked to that was talked about in the parasound thread further proving audio video science. On ignore. Good riddance.
post #6665 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Hey, I..... Um.... Love my towers....... Gotta go, bye.
post #6666 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 2017 Post(s)
Liked: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperactiveme View Post
Hey, I..... Um.... Love my towers....... Gotta go, bye.
Nice to see a statement that gets us back on track .

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #6667 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
Nice to see a statement that gets us back on track .
You suck dude. Got me thinking about buying a pair of R5s for hahas to get a taste of emptek though seems most people opinions of the towers and bookshelves are a little different. I prefer a warmer or neutral sound. The only clinical sound I can get are off my beyerdynamic DT770 pros 250ohm. Seriously thinking about it though. I like running pseudo surround with LCR and two wide speakers. Does the 'surround' job with good recordings. Can test the R5s and use them for back surrounds in the future. Not really interested in Atmos or X for now. Good speaker placement and room correction has been fine for me, especially since true HD and master audio have come out. I wish more music was available in DTS format though. I love my surround sound albums. Gotta pop in the DVDs though to hear them. Ugh. Must resist.
Still holding out on some JBL L890s popping up. Lol.
post #6668 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You suck dude. Got me thinking about buying a pair of R5s for hahas to get a taste of emptek though seems most people opinions of the towers and bookshelves are a little different. I prefer a warmer or neutral sound. The only clinical sound I can get are off my beyerdynamic DT770 pros 250ohm. Seriously thinking about it though. I like running pseudo surround with LCR and two wide speakers. Does the 'surround' job with good recordings. Can test the R5s and use them for back surrounds in the future. Not really interested in Atmos or X for now. Good speaker placement and room correction has been fine for me, especially since true HD and master audio have come out. I wish more music was available in DTS format though. I love my surround sound albums. Gotta pop in the DVDs though to hear them. Ugh. Must resist.
Still holding out on some JBL L890s popping up. Lol.

Have you ever thought of the JBL 500 series? Yeah, they’re hard to get. It seems that only the 570’s are available now, but may be worth investigating. Both the 530’s and 580’s are on back order (August and September) and they don’t even show the 590’s on their website.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #6669 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Have you ever thought of the JBL 500 series? Yeah, they’re hard to get. It seems that only the 570’s are available now, but may be worth investigating. Both the 530’s and 580’s are on back order (August and September) and they don’t even show the 590’s on their website.
I can probably get 590's through a couple of routes but out of my budget. Considered 580's but I do kind of want 8" woofers on my towers if possible. I can get 880's too. Haven't seriously considered 5 series because the center seems too small. Would prefer 6.5" woofers but the lc1 are 5.25 and lc2 have 6". The 520c has 4" woofers and even lower power rating. I am 40 now and I noticed my hearing took a small hit a couple years ago, which is common for men around 40 years old and up. Part of the reason I'm kind of holding out to try and get a deal on JBLs is my budget is ~$2000ish for speakers. I definitely want the best I can get within my budget for my LCRs. My wides hopefully will still keep me around $2000, but I'll settle for L880's for wides but probably need to get part of the L series used to stay around my budget. I also want to hear the 5 series before I even consoder it. Have heard different JBLs but only the bookshelves from L series. The reviews are too good to not try and get L series. I've also read JBL skimped out on feet design on 5 series to make cheaper speakers but still JBL sound quality. I don't know. Chances are I will end up giving g in and going with the EMPs because I can get 4 55s and the 56 well under my budget. Even can get two R5s and still be under my budget. I was going to get black for sure but have seen quite a few me toons the red burl looks better than the pictures. It's also been me ruined they're darker than they look in pictures. Would go against my .mostly black setup but I don't think the red would be unpleasant.

I probably would've pulled trigger on EMPs already but I got screwed bad at work and didn't get an almost $8 raise so I am glad I waited. Gives me time to hunt for some JBLs or Paradigms. I think I might do the pair of R5s to hold me over. Plan on another parasound amp and probably new receiver or pre/pro 2018 or later. Just being wishy washy and patient hanging around AVS for now and trying to learn. I've been searching Craigslist in Austin and San Antonio even. Not much good stuff pops up in Houston. I haev seen some nice vintage stuff lately though, especially JBL but I'm a wannabe audiophile without an audiophile budget.
post #6670 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Interesting. Beforee the 590s disappeared off Amazon they were $900 a pair. I've just listened to some good recordings of the L890s, the 590s and empteks on the internet. L890s sounded the best from what I could tell from the good recordings on the internet. But supposed the 590s are supposed to come back late September. I am going to see what Amazon does with the prices. $900 for a pair is cheaper than one MSRP from JBL direct. AND 92dB SENSITIVITY WITH TWO 8" WOOFAGE!!! Going to definitely wait and see what happens with the price. Knowing how low they went on price and what I'm reading about their imaging and soundstage I think even though the L890s would probably sound the best it's not worth it to pursue them for the lowest price I can find it. The 590s are just plain LOUD. And seems imaging and soundstage are much better when they're not spread too far apart. What was JBL thinking though with the 4" woofers on the center. So it's time to be patient. I liked the way the EMPs sounded too from the good recordings I could find on YouTube. Tough choice here. Still the EMPs might win because of price for a 5.0 system. But it seems worth it to get the 590s for stereo music listening. Love the the way the EMPs look, feel and sound. Love the SIZE of the 590's.

I think what is going to happen is I get the 5.0 EMPTEK setup and if I see the 590s for $900 a pair on amazon get them and just have them on tap for music. F*** it! Lol.
post #6671 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
And that relates to SQ in what way? Seriously...

I also never said your amp will run cooler, I said higher impedance leads to less resistance which leads to less thermal build up.
Don't take it wrong way but as for your knowledge in general.
You said once, I have corrected once, and you said it again.
You got it wrong!
Get it straight!
post #6672 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhvo View Post
You got it wrong!
Get it straight!
This isn't my opinion. I like you you state someone is wrong with nothing to back yourself up and no other comments

http://www.hometoys.com/content.php?.../impedence.htm

post #6673 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I can probably get 590's through a couple of routes but out of my budget. Considered 580's but I do kind of want 8" woofers on my towers if possible. I can get 880's too. Haven't seriously considered 5 series because the center seems too small.
Quote:
Interesting. Beforee the 590s disappeared off Amazon they were $900 a pair. I've just listened to some good recordings of the L890s, the 590s and empteks on the internet. L890s sounded the best from what I could tell from the good recordings on the internet. But supposed the 590s are supposed to come back late September. I am going to see what Amazon does with the prices. $900 for a pair is cheaper than one MSRP from JBL direct. AND 92dB SENSITIVITY WITH TWO 8" WOOFAGE!!! Going to definitely wait and see what happens with the price.
There is a lot to be said for patience. And those 590’s are tall, wide and deep. The 590’s were about 2 grand a pair for a long time, when there was this crazy sale going on at $900 a pair. Dozens of people took advantage of that sale. However, JBL’s boxing is very poorly implemented, so many came with damage to the enclosure and feet, because of the feet being attached (plastic, no less). They could learn a thing or two from EMP Tek as far as packaging goes.

It’s difficult to discern much on a video, simply because it’s your speakers representing the sound and no one knows how good a mic they used or even if the mic(s) were properly placed. The only way to know is personal auditioning. AFAIK, JBL has a free return policy, but do check.

Just do the best you can with the budget at hand. Not many get to their prize speakers until down the road.

post #6674 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
There is a lot to be said for patience. And those 590’s are tall, wide and deep. The 590’s were about 2 grand a pair for a long time, when there was this crazy sale going on at $900 a pair. Dozens of people took advantage of that sale. However, JBL’s boxing is very poorly implemented, so many came with damage to the enclosure and feet, because of the feet being attached (plastic, no less). They could learn a thing or two from EMP Tek as far as packaging goes.

It’s difficult to discern much on a video, simply because it’s your speakers representing the sound and no one knows how good a mic they used or even if the mic(s) were properly placed. The only way to know is personal auditioning. AFAIK, JBL has a free return policy, but do check.

Just do the best you can with the budget at hand. Not many get to their prize speakers until down the road.

Well the videos that I thought had high high regard weren't smartphone recordings. And saw the microphones being used and they didn't look cheap. Plus seeing some of the people had their components in a server rack. I know it doesn't represent anything definitive. I had my onkyo in DSX mode listening to all this and that was the impressions I got. I can get two L890s from NY for $1100 new, but i am not fond of New York sellers. Too many bad things have happened I stay away unless it is well established and known seller/dealer. Really hoping the 590s come back though. They're not the coolest looking speaker but definitely more modern looking and 8" woofers with 92dB sensitivity. The L890s with grills on look too much like my Polk's. I can get a 5.0 system for less than MSRP from EMP and still fall under $2000 adding 2 R5s. Gotta wait a full two months before I can see what the prices will be for the 590s, if they do continue the series. The 5 series has only been out about 5 years or so right?
post #6675 of 6675 Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhvo View Post
You got it wrong!
Get it straight!
Ignore dodo bird. He says one thing, you reply and then he digresses and denies. Wash, rinse, repeat. He obviously doesn't understand impedance and ohms. Hope he goes and trolls the DIY forum. I'm quite sure his speaker designs with his own science will make JBL PRO embarrassed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page