**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 229 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 729Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6841 of 6845 Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
Under "bass" on the Denon...I want LFE, and then set that to 80hz also right?
That's actually incorrect. Your LFE bass effects crossover should be set and left at the 120Hz setting for the LFE content mix. That's separate from your receivers subwoofer crossover setting which most usually set around 80 Hz.
Madmax67 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6842 of 6845 Old Today, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gregoryperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,788
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
I agree and disagree. Yes, part of the reason I would rather have 8" woofers is stereo with and without sub for music. 2nd, there would be a little more thump with 8" woofer, debatable. 3rd, who doesn't want 8" woofers staring back at them? Lol.
Why would you want your sub off? Do you dislike bass that your woofers can't play?
gregoryperkins is offline  
post #6843 of 6845 Old Today, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
pukemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post
Why would you want your sub off? Do you dislike bass that your woofers can't play?
I almost always use my subs. But there are times when I set my mains to large and enjoy the presence of the front. Not all of my music goes that low. I have some depeche mode on DVD that plays in DTS surround. Occasionally I like to enjoy it in stereo without the sub.. A few other albums I do the same. It is more in your face. Why do you think some people get mono blocks for their 2.0 sessions? There is a certain satisfaction I can see in that. Part of the reason I would much rather have JBL 590s. They're very sensitive so don't need a lot of wattage and be excellent, nay exceptional, for 2.0 listening.
pukemon is online now  
post #6844 of 6845 Old Today, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
I almost always use my subs. But there are times when I set my mains to large and enjoy the presence of the front. Not all of my music goes that low. I have some depeche mode on DVD that plays in DTS surround. Occasionally I like to enjoy it in stereo without the sub.. A few other albums I do the same. It is more in your face. Why do you think some people get mono blocks for their 2.0 sessions? There is a certain satisfaction I can see in that. Part of the reason I would much rather have JBL 590s. They're very sensitive so don't need a lot of wattage and be excellent, nay exceptional, for 2.0 listening.
Because they like to waste money (since they are loaded) or think it sounds better than same high quality 2 channel amp in same configuration, or they just like to see amp on floor with cables in the air (which looks weird in my opinion). lol Seriously I just laugh at people that spend on ridiculously amount of money on monoblocks and $1,000 per foot audio cables in their system. I can achieve the same sound (not not hear a difference) for much less or use that extra money in better speakers which makes bigger difference in sound quality.

Just like people here can buy emp tek bookshelfs with nice sub and it will sound just as good as $3,000 pair floorstanders. So no need for 8 inch midbass on towers when the sub takes care of that department better.

Living room theater
Axiom M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
Panasonic S60 Plasma
Panasonic BDT 500
Rotel 1075 Amp & Rotel 1068 Processor
Monster power conditioner
ereed is online now  
post #6845 of 6845 Old Today, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
pukemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Because they like to waste money (since they are loaded) or think it sounds better than same high quality 2 channel amp in same configuration, or they just like to see amp on floor with cables in the air (which looks weird in my opinion). lol Seriously I just laugh at people that spend on ridiculously amount of money on monoblocks and $1,000 per foot audio cables in their system. I can achieve the same sound (not not hear a difference) for much less or use that extra money in better speakers which makes bigger difference in sound quality.

Just like people here can buy emp tek bookshelfs with nice sub and it will sound just as good as $3,000 pair floorstanders. So no need for 8 inch midbass on towers when the sub takes care of that department better.
you took my quote waaaaaay out of context. i wasn't implying buying some sanders amps, gold wires insulated with silk made to look like a model power grid. i was just saying there is a niche/crowd out there that like 2.0/2.1 listening for music. i don't fall in that group, but do dabble sometimes. it is nice to check out how well something is recorded in straight up stereo with what you have. i am not an audiophile, but have a pretty decent setup. just need to upgrade my speakers as they're the weakest link. don't dog different listening preferences. some people like headphones. with expensive dacs. and amps. it's all a matter of preference. i don't ever see myself buying blocks, but if money ever permitted, i would buy more 2 and 3 ch amps. breaking your system down into more components allows more flexibility in the upgrade path. even if you're not an audiophile with an audiophile budget.
Madmax67 likes this.
pukemon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off