**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 230 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 738Likes

Old Today, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
Nah, I'm quite sure they'll need breaking in. Just have to go with flow. Was hoping somebody chimed in with ideas though in case I forgot something to get the best out of it.

And fyi, I mean everybody in this thread that cares, I finally have my shipment popped up on UPS. Now that means I can probably leave a couple hours from work and still get my 8 hours for the day. 3 day weekend. 3 day work week next week. And another 3 day weekend. Stoked now.
How do you know if they need breaking in??? They only need breaking in if your ears find them harsh, etc and if there is a history of people saying it sounds better after breaking in. No one has mentioned that about EMP TEK line of speakers and EMP tek doesn't mention it and if it already sounds good when you turn it on then it doesn't need break in. Like others stated its all personal if you believe in that or not. If you really think/want to break it in just put in a cd (doesn't matter which one as long as its music) and play on repeat on low volume while you are at work. Then let us know what you think of the speakers and take pics of your system since we like pics (emp tek or not).

Living room theater
Axiom M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
Panasonic S60 Plasma
Panasonic BDT 500
Rotel 1075 Amp & Rotel 1068 Processor
Monster power conditioner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
How do you know if they need breaking in??? They only need breaking in if your ears find them harsh, etc and if there is a history of people saying it sounds better after breaking in. No one has mentioned that about EMP TEK line of speakers and EMP tek doesn't mention it and if it already sounds good when you turn it on then it doesn't need break in. Like others stated its all personal if you believe in that or not. If you really think/want to break it in just put in a cd (doesn't matter which one as long as its music) and play on repeat on low volume while you are at work. Then let us know what you think of the speakers and take pics of your system since we like pics (emp tek or not).
My monitor 70s needed breaking in. With an onkyo 3009. Monitor 60s did not. The 70s are very similar with 6.5" woofers. But I'll be pushing them with an A31 @ 6ohms rather than 8ohms from an AVR that was probably pushing around 100w a channel max on biggest loads. The A31 is rated 250w @ 8 and 400 @ 4. I am guessing 6ohms is around 300ish watts. So yeah I doubt they'll need a big break in. Still expecting. Sound signature of my A31 changed over 3 weeks. So who knows? Just happy they are being shipped ups as requested. Breaking in is actually a small concern. More concerned about getting my LR setup as best as I can then adding other speakers and calibration.
Old Today, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1288 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
Nah, I'm quite sure they'll need breaking in. Just have to go with flow. Was hoping somebody chimed in with ideas though in case I forgot something to get the best out of it.

And fyi, I mean everybody in this thread that cares, I finally have my shipment popped up on UPS. Now that means I can probably leave early a couple hours from work and still get my 8 hours for the day. 3 day weekend. 3 day work week next week. And another 3 day weekend. Stoked now.
I bolded the topic I was responding to in my reply above, which was about break-in and not about speaker positioning, etc.

You did get replies and someone chimed in...But you just didn't get the reply or conformation you wanted. There's no harm is believing in some type of speaker break-in, it doesn't hurt or really affect anything, it just takes time "complete". So if you want to run your speakers for a few days then go for it.

But to speed your process up, just hook all channels up at once. No reason to only hook up a couple at a time since you not doing any critical listening because they are breaking-in.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 3 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems