**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 232 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1009Likes

post #6931 of 7852 Old 09-05-2016, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Been listening to different genres of music in stereo. Nice phantom center. Now I'm listening to some of the same recordings in matrixed surround.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6932 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thought speakers broke in first day. Seemed to be missing a little mid bass. Finally started rocking it yesterday afternoon. These are very musical speakers compared to the Polk's. Probably why I didn't listen as much. I think that is about to change.

Btw, I was going to do more than 1 audyssey calibration. Everything came in ±2.0dB of 0dB. Center came in at -2.0 compared to my polk cs20 always getting ~-6.0dB. should tell you that was how bright my center was, and the R56 sounds a lot more natural for movies and music.

As an aside, I told y'all I'm running true wides now. Before I realized they were running as back surrounds. The surround sound was surprisingly good before even though not optimally set up. Running as they are now, not so much. But if it makes any of you feel better, I put my R5 bookshelves toed out on top of my wides. The surround isn't as good as the Polk's were in pseudo surround but it is there. I will probably do another calibration for the setup now. Hoping my subwoofers blend just as well as they are now. Best blending I've had since old apartment. Subs are in suboptimal position, so my only saving grace is having 2 to smooth it out some.
post #6933 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked: 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
Thought speakers broke in first day. Seemed to be missing a little mid bass. Finally started rocking it yesterday afternoon. These are very musical speakers compared to the Polk's. Probably why I didn't listen as much. I think that is about to change.

Btw, I was going to do more than 1 audyssey calibration. Everything came in ±2.0dB of 0dB. Center came in at -2.0 compared to my polk cs20 always getting ~-6.0dB. should tell you that was how bright my center was, and the R56 sounds a lot more natural for movies and music.

As an aside, I told y'all I'm running true wides now. Before I realized they were running as back surrounds. The surround sound was surprisingly good before even though not optimally set up. Running as they are now, not so much. But if it makes any of you feel better, I put my R5 bookshelves toed out on top of my wides. The surround isn't as good as the Polk's were in pseudo surround but it is there. I will probably do another calibration for the setup now. Hoping my subwoofers blend just as well as they are now. Best blending I've had since old apartment. Subs are in suboptimal position, so my only saving grace is having 2 to smooth it out some.
Glad you are enjoying them! And I don't think the surround will ever sound as it should unless they are placed behind and beside you. I personally would just run 2.1 for music, or consider trying a traditional surround placement. Your surrounds aren't putting out a ton of sound for movies, they may be working hard 10% of the time. Are you worried about the directional sound bothering your neighbors? I would wager they hear the bass before they hear anything else.
ereed likes this.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12

post #6934 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Glad you are enjoying them! And I don't think the surround will ever sound as it should unless they are placed behind and beside you. I personally would just run 2.1 for music, or consider trying a traditional surround placement. Your surrounds aren't putting out a ton of sound for movies, they may be working hard 10% of the time. Are you worried about the directional sound bothering your neighbors? I would wager they hear the bass before they hear anything else.
Well, my setup is perpendicular to to TV. So the wides/surrounds as they were before were basically to the side of MLP from sectional. That is the reason it sounded fine and pretty well for surround.

As is, I have a recliner now, but haven't been able to get rid of sectional. So my MLP is about 2-3 feet closer now so my true wides are staring me straight in the ear. I wasn't getting the surround i was before so that is why I am auditioning the R5s on top of the wides toed outward. Only about half as good surround as before. I am about to do another calibration and see what happens. BRB.
post #6935 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, my setup is perpendicular to to TV. So the wides/surrounds as they were before were basically to the side of MLP from sectional. That is the reason it sounded fine and pretty well for surround.

As is, I have a recliner now, but haven't been able to get rid of sectional. So my MLP is about 2-3 feet closer now so my true wides are staring me straight in the ear. I wasn't getting the surround i was before so that is why I am auditioning the R5s on top of the wides toed outward. Only about half as good surround as before. I am about to do another calibration and see what happens. BRB.
Yes the corner placement is not ideal, but your surrounds can still work well on your sides. The EMPs have a wide sound stage so you still get a nice encompassing effect.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
post #6936 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am getting marginally better surround. I think I should go back to the way I had it before. Surround wasn't optimal but it did the trick. I did the calibration with R5s toed outwards about 20° more but after cal toed them towards corner behind which helped a little bit more but not enough. Still trying to fit the R5s into the equation if and when I go back to old setup. Heights never did it for me.

Also, everything sounds good but dB's are up to -4.0 to 1.0. center was also at -4.0. moved it up 2dB. Sounds better and clearer and also blends better. subs blend even better than last calinration.

Think if I use the wides as back surrounds again, do you think leaving the R5s on top of wides but shooting towards back of room might work? Basically my living room is square but TV and front stage is in corner. Right listening side opens into dining area and bar aree for kitchen. Left side has glass patio doors and it affects sounds a little by making sound more airy or ope.

Any suggestions? I really think I should go back to old setup. But need 7 speakers to get a full calibration. 5 are only needed to be satisfied. And yes y'all mention bass is probably the worst offender at disturbing my neighbors but it hasn't. Setting up R5s behind me is a wire nightmare but just too worried that the sound will reverberate the wall and localize the sound and disturb my side neighbors if and when they aren't watching TV. Other ideas?
post #6937 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't think your setup is going to work with 7 channels, it's pretty rare that someone has the ideal space for rear and side surrounds, and usually it's only in dedicated rooms. I would rather have 5 well placed channels than trying to trick the receiver into thinking there are other channels when they aren't placed in an ideal spot. Can you provide us a sketch or pictures of the room? In my living room I run surround cables along the baseboard with cable channels, it's very discrete and clean.

post #6938 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't think your setup is going to work with 7 channels, it's pretty rare that someone has the ideal space for rear and side surrounds, and usually it's only in dedicated rooms. I would rather have 5 well placed channels than trying to trick the receiver into thinking there are other channels when they aren't placed in an ideal spot. Can you provide us a sketch or pictures of the room? In my living room I run surround cables along the baseboard with cable channels, it's very discrete and clean.
Need the 7 to run audyssey. Earlier my comments were based off about 45 mins of interstellar. Just finished watching it. What a spectacular front stage. I was enveloped in it. The R5s being toed in to corner behind me wasn't totally accurate but still engaging. I will try a couple more movies but I probably will go back to the setup originally. But experiment. See if I can get the R55 wides to be sides and R5s to be back surrounds. See how that works. Or just go back to when I thought I was running wides but it was actual rear surround that worked well for my situation.

As far as room no can do running along baseboard. I could run along ceiling but don't want to and still dilemma of bothering neighbors if that back wall becomes a huge speaker.

But yeah my front stage currently is up there with some of the best systems I've heard, but that was long ago. Almost don't want to give it up. I'm quite sure music would be in your face. Especially the surround mixes and Blu-ray music I have. Going to play with this setup until Friday at least and go from there. Super 8, War of the World's and edge of tomorrow need some love. The bass was bombastic with interstellar. Had to turn it way down. My recliner was rumbling and dont have near field rocking it. Update tomorrow evening.
post #6939 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Need the 7 to run audyssey. Earlier my comments were based off about 45 mins of interstellar. Just finished watching it. What a spectacular front stage. I was enveloped in it. The R5s being toed in to corner behind me wasn't totally accurate but still engaging. I will try a couple more movies but I probably will go back to the setup originally. But experiment. See if I can get the R55 wides to be sides and R5s to be back surrounds. See how that works. Or just go back to when I thought I was running wides but it was actual rear surround that worked well for my situation.

As far as room no can do running along baseboard. I could run along ceiling but don't want to and still dilemma of bothering neighbors if that back wall becomes a huge speaker.

But yeah my front stage currently is up there with some of the best systems I've heard, but that was long ago. Almost don't want to give it up. I'm quite sure music would be in your face. Especially the surround mixes and Blu-ray music I have. Going to play with this setup until Friday at least and go from there. Super 8, War of the World's and edge of tomorrow need some love. The bass was bombastic with interstellar. Had to turn it way down. My recliner was rumbling and dont have near field rocking it. Update tomorrow evening.
Dude..surrounds literally consist of 10% of the movie average and what is sent to them is no where near the output level of your front speakers and not to mention they should be aimed at the LP, not the rear wall.

I don't know what receiver you have, but I don't understand why you say you have to hook up all 7 channels to run Audyssey if you're not using all 7.

I also don't understand why you can't take pics of the room or some diagram...if you just don't want to or just don't want our advise or are just too lazy, then say that. Don't say you "can't" do it and give some poor excuse on why you can't.

I'm seriously confused on your thought process and reasoning on things. It doesn't make sense.

You have lined up giving you advise and you shoot it all down and continue being set in your ways...

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 3 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #6940 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

You don't need 7 channels to run Audyssey, it will detect there are no rear surrounds and skip them when it does the test tones.

This is what Dolby recommends, if you can get close to this I would recommend it. Use 4 E55Ti if you want and send back the E5Bi, or keep them for rear surrounds when you have a different space.

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/sur...5-1-setup.html

post #6941 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked: 683
Quote:

I do agree with other comments and I don't know why you even need 7 speakers to run audensey. Or why you think you even needed that many speakers to begin with. Or why you MUST run audennsey and just manually calibrate it. To be honest (I'm not being mean, just being reasonable sound wise) I think you bought too many speakers and too big of speakers for your room. I think based on your front LCR in previous pics that your room is too small and even too small to be running towers or even 7 speakers. Not dissing your purchase but with your room size I think you could have just bought 5 bookshelfs and used just one sub in your layout. Would saved you alot of money and not waste other speakers that aren't being used properly. A really good 5.1 or even 3.1 is going to sound better than poor 7.1 setup in a very small room when you're not using the speakers to their full potential or even a proper layout.

I guarantee if you spread out your towers a little bit from your pics and just use bookshelfs as side surrounds and just one sub you will have a better sounding system in your room layout than you do currently. I don't know the size of the room or what it looks like since there are no pics or diagrams of it other than LCR pics but its my imagination and experience thats where my advice is coming from. It seems to us that you may not understand proper placement or not care but if you are buying speakers you want the to sound their best, right?

At the end we all are just trying to help each other improve their system to their fullest potential and enjoy it to the fullest!

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #6942 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
Dude..surrounds literally consist of 10% of the movie average and what is sent to them is no where near the output level of your front speakers and not to mention they should be aimed at the LP, not the rear wall.

I don't know what receiver you have, but I don't understand why you say you have to hook up all 7 channels to run Audyssey if you're not using all 7.

I also don't understand why you can't take pics of the room or some diagram...if you just don't want to or just don't want our advise or are just too lazy, then say that. Don't say you "can't" do it and give some poor excuse on why you can't.

I'm seriously confused on your thought process and reasoning on things. It doesn't make sense.

You have lined up giving you advise and you shoot it all down and continue being set in your ways...
Square living room with TV and LCR in corner? How much imagination are you lacking for that? Geez.

I am experimenting. I know damn well how speakers should be positioned but I have to improvise. Like my R5s sitting on top of wides and toed to corner behind me. Improvisation.

You have no idea how unideal my situation is. Sectional takes up two walls. Front door by one wide. One sub in between wides. Hsu VTF 3 MK 3 taking up half the width to entrance to my kitchen. Stands not possible for rear. Mounting to wall not option. I actually do listen to a lot of surround music and when not in stereo then in audyssey DSX mode. That is more than 10℅ of stage in that situation.

I am literally sitting in the middle of the room. Between 65" JS9500 and entertainment center, left and rights, coffee table, and sectional behind me, my recliner is in the middle of the room, not to mention my Sager 770ZM on a desk with castor wheels to the right of me. The only thing I've been lazy about is putting sectional out by dumpster. It's rained off and on last 3 weeks or so randomly and I'd rather somebody get to take advantage of sectional rather than it getting ruined. It's not easy getting rid of a sectional. Trust me. I've tried. Free. Not dealing with Craigslist for it. Don't want to become a burglary target.

Weird dude. I asked many a people about the JBL LC1 and I get 'get the LC2'. Doesn't work that easy.

Now once I get rid of my sectional then I can consider stands. Until, just thinking of ideas to improve my situation. Uh, that's how creativity and innovation work.

Technically, with my polk setup and only sectional with no recliner, my wides line of sight crossed paths right in front of me when sitting anywhere on my sectional. And I didn't know, but they were running as rear surrounds. And worked quite well at that. Sounded like people talkong behind me, in a big crowd, phone ringing in a localized spot behind me like from the matrix. If heights worked for me I'd go that route. But it doesn't. And from what I've read, not many people do, unless they are running everything a receiver like mine can. I believe I can do up to 9.2 if I wanted but that ain't happening. 7 max if possible. That's why I was asking if anybody had some ideas. I'm quite sure people with much smaller apartments than mine have got creative. I've stayed in new York, Canada, Korea, Japan, California. You'd be lucky to run 5.0.0 with small bookshelves and maybe a 42" inch tv in some of the apartments I've seen. And some of those were nice 'big' apartments for the area.

If you think I'm being ridiculous don't reply. I've seen a couple setups that worked better than you would imagine and it was some weird and creative setups. Like surrounds not even pointed near MLP. Quite the opposite. Volume was weird and sometimes the sound, but the odd placement did it's job. Trying to work with what I have and can't do those crazy setups. In lucky to be running two subs in an apartment with no complaints. Small on in middle of wall between wides and bigger one not near a wall but pushed up against my sectional. I want to stack them, but might be too much reverb on that wall, or it may get too much gain from room response and have to shut it down.

Maybe I am hard to work with. But no pictures needed for a square room and I'm running diamond shaped inside it. Not sacrificing my front 5 and 2 subs for sure. I might have option of wall mounting R5s above wides, but experimenting with toe in right now on top of R55s to see what I can get.

Anyways, I'm rambling because your accusatory comments rocked the boat. Just had a retired racist coworker throw me under the bus so his spot could be filled with a white guy. His lazy lies and his own personal laziness are becoming glaring. Cost me $15000 minimum for that ****!
post #6943 of 7852 Old 09-06-2016, 08:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
1. Square living room with TV and LCR in corner? How much imagination are you lacking for that? Geez.

2. You have no idea how unideal my situation is. Sectional takes up two walls. Front door by one wide. One sub in between wides. Hsu VTF 3 MK 3 taking up half the width to entrance to my kitchen. Stands not possible for rear. Mounting to wall not option. I actually do listen to a lot of surround music and when not in stereo then in audyssey DSX mode. That is more than 10℅ of stage in that situation.

3. I believe I can do up to 9.2 if I wanted...

4. If you think I'm being ridiculous don't reply.
1. Pics or it didn't happen
a) you contradict yourself in your paragraphs which I have clearly numbered 1 and 2. You tell me to try to imagine your room, then tell me that I don't have any idea how "unideal" your room is

2. You're right! So pics why waste all that time typing when a couple pics could have done the talking for you?

3. No you can't, not with your reasons. BTW, you said you didn't want surrounds because you didn't want to disturb your neighbors, not because of avaliable space or your non ideal room (which MOST of us have).

4. I replied.

5. You never answered anyone about why you think you have to run 7 channels for Audyssey, unless I missed it, which would be my fault.

I made my room work for me.

EDIT: I used these for wire management for my surrounds and nearfield subs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015...ble+management
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015...i5L&ref=plSrch
I'll post pics when I'm not on my phone

I also agree that I rather have a properly placed 5.1 (or you know, 8 subs ) over a poorly placed 7.1, etc.
AllenA07 and Transmaniacon like this.

Last edited by bgtighe23; 09-06-2016 at 09:10 PM.
post #6944 of 7852 Old 09-08-2016, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just installed my 120 inch screen and projector the last 2 days in the living room..........and its been quiet in here? Well since I moved my plasma in the loft upstairs I may get their bookshelfs to mate with the tv! Not a fan of tv speakers after using aftermarket for years. lol

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #6945 of 7852 Old 09-10-2016, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm not sure if this was old news or not, or even when RBH posted this, but I checked the EmpTek website for my R5Bi speaker's dimensions for mounting.
It's looks like they are now offering the ability to purchase the R5Bi as a single. I figured this was the type of information worth sharing

http://emptek.com/r5bi.php
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 10.09.20 AM.png
Views:	237
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1652729  
ereed likes this.

post #6946 of 7852 Old 09-10-2016, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
I'm not sure if this was old news or not, or even when RBH posted this, but I checked the EmpTek website for my R5Bi speaker's dimensions for mounting.
It's looks like they are now offering the ability to purchase the R5Bi as a single. I figured this was the type of information worth sharing

http://emptek.com/r5bi.php
That is good to know! Some companies won't allow you to purchase a single bookshelf. This is perfect for people that want to use it as a center or if one of their bookshelfs get damaged.

post #6947 of 7852 Old 09-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can anyone comment on the typical flaws present on emp scratch and dent clearance speakers? Both the r5bi and r55ti are sold out in black and I don't want to settle for red burl finish. Also I wouldn't mind saving a few dollars if damage is very minimal.
post #6948 of 7852 Old 09-10-2016, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by temeone View Post
Can anyone comment on the typical flaws present on emp scratch and dent clearance speakers? Both the r5bi and r55ti are sold out in black and I don't want to settle for red burl finish. Also I wouldn't mind saving a few dollars if damage is very minimal.
My b stock black R5bi's came without any blemish or mark on them whatsoever but I wouldn't have minded too much if it had a few minor scratches for the savings but they looked brand new to me .YMMV I'm sure but I've heard others say the same thing so they were probably just trial period returns . Why someone would return these bookshelves is beyond me. Hope this helps.
dsrussell likes this.
post #6949 of 7852 Old 09-11-2016, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I bought a pair of B stock R55Ti and they looked new. Besides that, my feeling was so what if the cabinets had any blemishes. I'm never going to be close enough to see it once the speakers were set up anyway.
post #6950 of 7852 Old 09-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 73
My towers definitely have blemishes however I always keep the grills on anyhow.

My bookshelves came with blown driver which they replaced immediately and shipped directly to my home address in Canada. Originally I had everything shipped to a USA UPS store, so that was unexpected☺

Great company!
dsrussell likes this.

Last edited by hyperactiveme; 09-11-2016 at 08:46 AM.
post #6951 of 7852 Old 09-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
I got a b-stock I-12 Black subwoofer a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find any defects or blemishes...
post #6952 of 7852 Old 09-11-2016, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Usually B stock means its not PERFECT and if there are any blemishes or light scratches you're not supposed to be able to view/see it within 3 feet. Usually its hidden such as back of cabinet or on top from what I hear. Or sometimes they are returns from users within 30 day period and they can't sell it as BRAND NEW so they sell it as b stock even though it looks or is new.

post #6953 of 7852 Old 09-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks all, I pulled the trigger.
ereed, AllenA07 and Transmaniacon like this.
post #6954 of 7852 Old 09-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
I purchased a B stock I-12 subwoofer. The top surface does have some light scuff, but nothing really stands out. I don't notice it once I put it in the corner. However, the B-stock is non-returnable, so you have to be sure you want to keep it. If you want to audition it, I would not recommend B stock.
post #6955 of 7852 Old 09-12-2016, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Just wanted to let everyone know it has been over a year, and I'm still loving the sound and performance of my EMP speakers. So far so good!

(It's an old picture - but oh well)

Last edited by ViperVenom18; 09-13-2016 at 10:56 PM.
post #6956 of 7852 Old 09-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks. I already purchased a pair of b stock r5bis. I know I want them, so no returns/trial necessary. Now trying to an find a decent pair of speaker stands for them. Any suggestions? 28-31" would be good.. wouldn't need adjustability to keep cost down.
post #6957 of 7852 Old 09-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
Thanks. I already purchased a pair of b stock r5bis. I know I want them, so no returns/trial necessary. Now trying to an find a decent pair of speaker stands for them. Any suggestions? 28-31" would be good.. wouldn't need adjustability to keep cost down.
I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I had to use some blu-tack to secure them on the mounts.
post #6958 of 7852 Old 09-12-2016, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I would try and get something metal, it's much more stable, these Sanus ones are pretty nice: http://www.standsandmounts.com/sanus...lackef28b.aspx

I use VTI stands but they are not cheap, though you definitely get a very solid product for the money.

post #6959 of 7852 Old 09-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I would try and get something metal, it's much more stable, these Sanus ones are pretty nice: http://www.standsandmounts.com/sanus...lackef28b.aspx

I use VTI stands but they are not cheap, though you definitely get a very solid product for the money.
Thanks. I was considering those, but wasn't sure if a 5x5 top plate would be large/stable enough.
post #6960 of 7852 Old 09-13-2016, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Finally got rid of my sectional. My options for true 5.2-7.2 ha be opened up. First thing though is I need acoustical treatments and a new calibration. I've moved 2 feet back so out of the sweet spot. My bigger problem though is it still sounds good but I am getting an echoey hallway effect because of the sofa and pillows I had stacked on top aren't there anymore. Any suggestions for cheap but good acoustic treatments. Blankets or neoprene work in the meantime?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page