Hello, so I bought some emp speakers last black friday. I've been listening to them for quite a bit, and I'm pretty pleased with the performance!
A few points:
1) The R5Bi cross-over must be set around 100Hz. I was a bit disappointed with that, but overall it sounds great. I also have an SVS SB12-NSD, so it's not really a problem.
2) The R55Ti is better than I expected. Very musical. I haven't tried watching any movie with it, so I can't tell how it performs with movie. Cross-over set at 80Hz. The soundstage sounds a bit small for me though. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
3) The R56Ci is excellent! Cross-over set at 80Hz.
4) The SVS SB12-NSD is z-omg good :O. It's tight. It's fast. It's home shaking. I set the volume to listening level in my HT room, then walked upstairs to my master and can still feel the shaking bass with each of my steps. I was seriously consider moving it away from the corner to reduce the home shaking bass, but then I missed the sound so much I moved it back.
1) What listening mode do you guys use? I'm using a Denon S710W, and there are so many sound modes. Currently I'm getting PCM signal from my TV, and use multi channels stereo. I wonder if there is any other sound mode that's better for music.
2) For audessey set up, what's the best 6 positions for the mic? I have a 3 seats couch, so I have been using the front edge and rear edge for the mic. I'm not sure if that's the right one.
My previous thread for reference
Best setup under $1500