**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 251 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 984Likes

post #7501 of 7763 Old 12-29-2016, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 17
i have new big center, it sits at about knee height on tv stand. main listening position is around 10 feet away. should i angle the center a little bit upward? gonna run audyssey soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7502 of 7763 Old 12-29-2016, 08:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
i have new big center, it sits at about knee height on tv stand. main listening position is around 10 feet away. should i angle the center a little bit upward? gonna run audyssey soon
You want tweeter same height as your ears while sitting. If its lower than your ears then angle it up. Laser pointer will help get it precise.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #7503 of 7763 Old 12-29-2016, 10:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

Yes. If it get the center to meet your better. You can use 3M bumpons. I happened to have a bunch of different sizes for various uses and I've used ~3/16" thick up to ~1" thick before. Currently using nothing but I've been experimenting and think I will go back to the thick ones. My center sounds fine shooting forward at my stomach but gets a hair more clear angled up towards my face sitting abouf 10" away.

post #7504 of 7763 Old 01-01-2017, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

well i did some experimenting and raised the front of the center with a dvd case. so its around 1 inch raised on the front, at the front of the tv stand. i think dialogue does sound better, im pretty sure it does. i have some of those buttons i will put on the speakers, not sure if theyre the 3m's. before i run audyssey though, does it matter there will be that 1 inch space all over the underneath of the speaker? and im wondering if over time the buttons will sort of squish down a little bit and bring the center lower over time.
post #7505 of 7763 Old 01-01-2017, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
well i did some experimenting and raised the front of the center with a dvd case. so its around 1 inch raised on the front, at the front of the tv stand. i think dialogue does sound better, im pretty sure it does. i have some of those buttons i will put on the speakers, not sure if theyre the 3m's. before i run audyssey though, does it matter there will be that 1 inch space all over the underneath of the speaker? and im wondering if over time the buttons will sort of squish down a little bit and bring the center lower over time.
Use whatever temporary thing you have going now but find a more permanent solution. I am using 3 bump one for now. Still figuring what route I am going to go. Hoping to find some dark foam wedges. In theeantime I really haven't noticed any negative effects with air spaced underneath. I gotta send one of my amps in to be serviced and modified and hoping to move to my wider entert center during the wait. Hoping I come across something desirable. Cutting foam perfectly is hard. Might try a band saw and how that works. If it's close to perfect I might roll with it. The R56 is a damn fine center so using it flat shouldn't hurt too much unless you have a coffee table or something else in between it and your listening position that will affect is some. I have a coffee and angling it up helps dialogue somewhat.
post #7506 of 7763 Old 01-01-2017, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
Use whatever temporary thing you have going now but find a more permanent solution. I am using 3 bump one for now. Still figuring what route I am going to go. Hoping to find some dark foam wedges. In theeantime I really haven't noticed any negative effects with air spaced underneath. I gotta send one of my amps in to be serviced and modified and hoping to move to my wider entert center during the wait. Hoping I come across something desirable. Cutting foam perfectly is hard. Might try a band saw and how that works. If it's close to perfect I might roll with it. The R56 is a damn fine center so using it flat shouldn't hurt too much unless you have a coffee table or something else in between it and your listening position that will affect is some. I have a coffee and angling it up helps dialogue somewhat.
yeah i think ill just leave cd case under there for now hehehe.

there is a table between tv/center underneath it and main listening position so i have to angle the center up some.

im wondering though if i need to run audyssey again.

emptek towers and center are replacing 1st generation andrew jones pioneers.
the only differences are the emp towers are taller, slightly higher sensitivity and more woofers. same with the center just longer horizontally.

im thinking i dont even need to rerun audyssey with my new empteks. im using the same subwoofer and i placed the towers and center in exactly the same place the pioneers were.
post #7507 of 7763 Old 01-01-2017, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2234 Post(s)
Liked: 3033
Quote:
im thinking i dont even need to rerun audyssey. using the same subwoofer
I think you will need to run Audyssey. It's a pain, but I think it's important.

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #7508 of 7763 Old 01-01-2017, 11:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Rerun it for sure. Even if you angled just the center only I would calibrate again. And since you're getting new speakers it is truly a must. Different speakers have different attributes and you want audyssey to make the most of it. If you have a good mic stand like I just puechased it makes the calibration much quicker and in my case coming from a cheap ass tripod to a proper mic stand made a huge difference in all the attributes of sound, most notable was the HT side. My calibration with a proper mic stand made me feel like a made a huge upgrade somewhere in my chain of equipment. Like I got new speakers. The music side sounds better also, but not as dramatic as my HT experience now. Cost around $30 and I was able to get very good placements, very quickly and efficiently and actually looking forward to do more when the time comes. Like when I send off my amp, when it comes back, when I get speakers so I can utilize atmos/x surround. Run the calibration. You'll thank yourself for it.

Last edited by pukemon; 01-02-2017 at 03:49 PM.
post #7509 of 7763 Old 01-02-2017, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 959 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
yeah i think ill just leave cd case under there for now hehehe.

there is a table between tv/center underneath it and main listening position so i have to angle the center up some.

im wondering though if i need to run audyssey again.

emptek towers and center are replacing 1st generation andrew jones pioneers.
the only differences are the emp towers are taller, slightly higher sensitivity and more woofers. same with the center just longer horizontally.

im thinking i dont even need to rerun audyssey with my new empteks. im using the same subwoofer and i placed the towers and center in exactly the same place the pioneers were.
If you have a laser pointer you can place it on the top of the center and see where it points. Since its at top of speaker which is higher than the tweeter it should be pointing few inches higher than your eyes.

Each time you make a change, no matter how small (toe in speaker, move it slightly, etc) then you need to re-run audyssey.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #7510 of 7763 Old 01-02-2017, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 21
**Official EMP Owner's Thread**

(Redacted for useless content)

~Chris
2 Pairs RBH R55ti, R5bi, R56ci, RBH 15", Crown XLS2500, (2) 18" Marty subs, (3) 12's and some old garbage.

Last edited by The Hotness; 01-02-2017 at 12:03 PM.
post #7511 of 7763 Old 01-03-2017, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
The height of my R56Ci was lowered a little recently when i finished up the entertainment center. I noticed that the vocals seemed a little muffled and so I took some hard black foam my son was using for his BB-gun backdrop and made some wedges to raise the front. Made all the difference needed and I notice no negative effect to the sound. If i find a more permanent foam solution, i'll pass it along!
post #7512 of 7763 Old 01-03-2017, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Question regarding rear surround speaker size:

Currently using a pair of E3b's for rear surrounds and i think that for the most part they sound OK. However, when i compare the sound quality to the R5Bi's, they sound like a tin can. What i don't know is if this is a result of the source audio and processing, or the speaker itself. I *think* that for most movie tracks the small sized surround is sufficient, but I don't know for sure because I have nothing to compare to. I've read several times on the forum members talking about how "remember when we thought surround size didn't matter, and now look at what the movie houses are pushing". And yet, Brian at EMP seemed confident that the E3's would handle everything just fine.

Does anyone have experience with using a larger surround? Will there be a noticeable improvement going from the 3's to 5's?

Appreciate the help!
post #7513 of 7763 Old 01-03-2017, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbozi View Post
Question regarding rear surround speaker size:

Currently using a pair of E3b's for rear surrounds and i think that for the most part they sound OK. However, when i compare the sound quality to the R5Bi's, they sound like a tin can. What i don't know is if this is a result of the source audio and processing, or the speaker itself. I *think* that for most movie tracks the small sized surround is sufficient, but I don't know for sure because I have nothing to compare to. I've read several times on the forum members talking about how "remember when we thought surround size didn't matter, and now look at what the movie houses are pushing". And yet, Brian at EMP seemed confident that the E3's would handle everything just fine.

Does anyone have experience with using a larger surround? Will there be a noticeable improvement going from the 3's to 5's?

Appreciate the help!
Of course the R5Bi’s would be an improvement. But often it’s the size of the speaker that may dictate surround usage. But if you have the room, it wouldn’t hurt to try them out. It will cost you about $25 to ship them back should the improvement be not as significant as you had hoped, but if it answers your question, it may be worth it.

Let’s face it, some movies have very active surround effects (Lone Survivor), while others don’t (Innerstellar). If you feel the E3b’s aren’t giving you what you seek in involving you into the movie, it may be worth upgrading. For me personally, I find the R5Bi’s capabilities are wasted as an effects speaker, but I have no plans to swap them out with the E3b’s (or any other speaker).

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #7514 of 7763 Old 01-03-2017, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello, so I bought some emp speakers last black friday. I've been listening to them for quite a bit, and I'm pretty pleased with the performance!

A few points:
1) The R5Bi cross-over must be set around 100Hz. I was a bit disappointed with that, but overall it sounds great. I also have an SVS SB12-NSD, so it's not really a problem.
2) The R55Ti is better than I expected. Very musical. I haven't tried watching any movie with it, so I can't tell how it performs with movie. Cross-over set at 80Hz. The soundstage sounds a bit small for me though. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
3) The R56Ci is excellent! Cross-over set at 80Hz.
4) The SVS SB12-NSD is z-omg good :O. It's tight. It's fast. It's home shaking. I set the volume to listening level in my HT room, then walked upstairs to my master and can still feel the shaking bass with each of my steps. I was seriously consider moving it away from the corner to reduce the home shaking bass, but then I missed the sound so much I moved it back.

Questions:
1) What listening mode do you guys use? I'm using a Denon S710W, and there are so many sound modes. Currently I'm getting PCM signal from my TV, and use multi channels stereo. I wonder if there is any other sound mode that's better for music.
2) For audessey set up, what's the best 6 positions for the mic? I have a 3 seats couch, so I have been using the front edge and rear edge for the mic. I'm not sure if that's the right one.

P.S:
My previous thread for reference
Best setup under $1500
post #7515 of 7763 Old 01-03-2017, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toise View Post
Hello, so I bought some emp speakers last black friday. I've been listening to them for quite a bit, and I'm pretty pleased with the performance!
A few points:
1) The R5Bi cross-over must be set around 100Hz. I was a bit disappointed with that, but overall it sounds great. I also have an SVS SB12-NSD, so it's not really a problem.
2) The R55Ti is better than I expected. Very musical. I haven't tried watching any movie with it, so I can't tell how it performs with movie. Cross-over set at 80Hz. The soundstage sounds a bit small for me though. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
4) The SVS SB12-NSD is z-omg good :O. It's tight. It's fast. It's home shaking. I set the volume to listening level in my HT room, then walked upstairs to my master and can still feel the shaking bass with each of my steps. I was seriously consider moving it away from the corner to reduce the home shaking bass, but then I missed the sound so much I moved it back.

Questions:
1) What listening mode do you guys use? I'm using a Denon S710W, and there are so many sound modes. Currently I'm getting PCM signal from my TV, and use multi channels stereo. I wonder if there is any other sound mode that's better for music.
2) For audessey set up, what's the best 6 positions for the mic? I have a 3 seats couch, so I have been using the front edge and rear edge for the mic. I'm not sure if that's the right one.

P.S:
Best setup under $1500
Do you have audyssey DSX and wides? That's a favorite for me. I just got a marantz pre pro and have really been warming up DTS neural x. Some people like Dolby pro logic IIz or IIx. Can't go wrong with all stereo if all your speakers are pretty similar in capabilities. Dolby ditched IIx and IIz in newer generation stuff for Dolby surround and some people prefer that over neural x. I don't like Dolby surround at all. Wasn't the biggest fan of IIx and IIz but it worked with some sources and when it did I used that. Don't know what modes your AVR has but you could always try all of them with stereo source material and see what sounds best to you. Part of how well it sounds depends on speaker placement. My onkyo 3009 had some modes and I rarely used them because they just were not good though I occasionally use THX music. I think it also had Dolby/DTS cinema and music. DTS music was OK if the content was DTS but my setup is pseudo surround because I have nothing in the rear. I have my wides and they work great for wides of course and side surrounds. That is why I used audyssey DSX almost exclusively no matter the content, even if true HD or Master audio. You just need to experiment and see what works for your speaker placement, room qualities, your ears and of course the source; depends on how well recorded it is or if it's trash.

Last edited by pukemon; 01-03-2017 at 11:24 PM.
post #7516 of 7763 Old 01-03-2017, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

A few points:

Questions:

P.S:
Best setup under $1500
Personal preference and room acoustics play a big part in what you will hear and like (and not like). I cross my R5Bi’s over at 80 Hz without problems. I crossover the R55Ti towers at 60 Hz. The towers will provide a nice boost in the upper bass and lower midrange frequencies, but won’t have quite as large soundstage.

As far as what mode, try each and see what sounds best in your room. BTW, Audyssey is designed to select filters depending upon your room.

When running Audyssey, keep the microphone consistently vertical in all positions and at ear-level. Don’t move the microphone more than 2 feet from the previous location. The first location should be at your main listening position (center of your couch). Don’t set the microphone too close to the wall or back of your couch. Use a tripod. A tripod with a boom is best, but not necessary to get a good reading. Finally, sit back and enjoy .

post #7517 of 7763 Old 01-04-2017, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:

A few points:

Questions:

P.S:
Best setup under $1500
In regards to Audyssey what I normally do is put together a grid of the locations that I want to place the mic, moving roughly 2 feet at a time and never moving too far from the original point of reference. If you have the ability to use Room EQ Wizard I strongly recommend it for checking results, especially when it comes to bass. Being able to visually see what your frequency response is goes a long way towards fine tuning things and really maximizing what your equipment can do.

My Theater: The Ugly Theater
post #7518 of 7763 Old 01-04-2017, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 954
Quote:

A few points:

Questions:

P.S:
Best setup under $1500
I agree...I would manually reset the R5BI to 80hz. They are certainly capable speaker to atleast get low 60s. The R55ti should hit 55 with authority, and maybe 50, so crossing them at 60hz should work. I have the smaller cousin, the e5ti and they perform well set at 60hz.
I own the SVS SB12-NSD and I agree, it is a tight, accurate sub. Cannot keep up with my ported Outlaw, but no suprise there...

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #7519 of 7763 Old 01-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPie View Post
I'm curious about what size room, seating distance and amplification etc. I want to know if they are enough for me...
I run R5Bi as my LCR, and my living room is about 12'x10' with one side open to kitchen. My AVR is just Onkyo TX-NR646 and my MLP is about 8' away from R5Bi. They have a very wide sound stage, and are sufficient for my living room. However, you would want a good subwoofer to fill in the bass.
post #7520 of 7763 Old 01-04-2017, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 5
post #7521 of 7763 Old 01-06-2017, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just received a pair of R55TIs and R56CI. Really pleased with them and going to break them in this week. Finally did some more poking around in this thread after realizing a lot of the Impression series is being discontinued. Did I pull the trigger on this stuff a little too late? Should I have waited for what RBH wants to do next? The funny thing is that I was going to look into picking up a pair of the surrounds and noticed that RBH just discontinued them in December. Although, no time to get disappointed, as a new Hsu VTF3 MK5 is showing up Monday.
post #7522 of 7763 Old 01-06-2017, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiburns View Post
I just received a pair of R55TIs and R56CI. Really pleased with them and going to break them in this week. Finally did some more poking around in this thread after realizing a lot of the Impression series is being discontinued. Did I pull the trigger on this stuff a little too late? Should I have waited for what RBH wants to do next? The funny thing is that I was going to look into picking up a pair of the surrounds and noticed that RBH just discontinued them in December. Although, no time to get disappointed, as a new Hsu VTF3 MK5 is showing up Monday.

As far as we know, the R56 center, the smaller center, the R55s and R5s aren't going anywhere for awhile. Not sure about the smaller center though. Does anybody know if these speakers will continue to be sold if EMP/RBH ever starts back up and finishes the new speakers they want to to come out with. When I asked Brian about the new speakers and got the the details about why they're on hold I did ask how long they are going to sell the Impressions they're still selling. He answered forever. I laughed and said that can't be true for the foreseeable future, you think they'll be sold at least the next 5 years and he answered with a confident yes. The reason I asked is because I plan on buying another pair of R55s for sure. As I plan on keeping these speakers for about 10 years or longer my plan was to buy a pair of b stock R55s for spare parts but use them occasionally in my bedroom. I may buy some b stock R5s also for spare parts. I know I could buy drivers, tweeters and xovers separate but for a little more I get all the woofers, tweeters, xovers, cabinet and feet also for whatever b stock prices are. I hope that answers your question. You could call EMPTEK and ask for Brian to confirm that the current impressions will be around a few more years even if the new speakers came out this year.

Last edited by pukemon; 01-06-2017 at 09:57 AM.
post #7523 of 7763 Old 01-06-2017, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 954
I would agree with pukemon...the small center is already gone, but the R55ti, the R5bi and the R56ci will be here for awhile.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #7524 of 7763 Old 01-06-2017, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I was there last week and they didn't mention anything to me about discontinuing anything?

RBH Sound: R55Ti x 2, R56Ci x 1, R5Bi x 4
Infinity Primus: P162 x 2, PC351 x 1, P152 x 2
Pioneer VSX-1120K, BIC PL200
post #7525 of 7763 Old 01-06-2017, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw00dy View Post
I was there last week and they didn't mention anything to me about discontinuing anything?
There had been discussion of a new Impression lineup being developed. However as of several months ago it appears that those plans have been indefinitely delayed.

My Theater: The Ugly Theater
post #7526 of 7763 Old 01-06-2017, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 31
maybe i missed it but what was the reason they discontinued the E5WI's? i have them and love them!

Pioneer VSX-1121-K ~ Emptek E55ti, E56ci, E55bi, 2 Klipsch Sub-12HG Synergy Series, SHARP LC-70LE660U 70" CLASS AQUOS HD
post #7527 of 7763 Old 01-06-2017, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
maybe i missed it but what was the reason they discontinued the E5WI's? i have them and love them!
Or the smaller center.
crcostel likes this.

Heart in SoCal - Soul from the Motor City
AFTV2+ KODI 17=>SR6010=>Integra DTA-70.1=>Chane A1.4 x 3 + DCM OW-1s x 2 + 1 x RSL Speedwoofer10 S+ 1 x Klipsch 12-HQ
post #7528 of 7763 Old 01-06-2017, 10:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

i imagine demand for them has gone down with the new object based surround formats and people are looking for in ceiling, in walls and other object based compatible speakers.

i just came across an article saying the brexit campaign has devalued a lot of currencies and has left manufacturing and manufacturers with less to manufacture and excessive inventory disrupting a lot of economies, including luxury items. that might include speakers. i'm guessing countries that celebrate xmas or other traditions that celebrate similar holidays associated with shopping and gift giving traditions probably tried to clear inventory the last two months and are tightening up supply and demand to keep business rolling and less losses and dust collecting. (i saw quite a few really good deals and took advantage of some as i am sure a lot of you experienced). i would guess china and the us are affected also. an example is apple is cutting back on production because of slow sales of iphone. smartphones are kind of in between luxury and necessity. i kind of fall in that group. i was accustomed to getting one or two smartphones a year. my note4 was the first phone i used for two whole years. while i still use it daily, it is not my daily driver. my very audio-centric LG v20 will probably do the same unless the V30 has the same or improved audio-centric capabilities, improved camera and a calibrated OLED screen (the lcd on the v20 looks like crap at around 9000k) and continues the rare luxury of swappable batteries. smartphones have also gotten to the point fo diminishing returns in performance NEEDED and as the market has shown a lot of over the top features are being introduced and some being replaced by taking away features for example the 3.5mm headphone jack. take away a feature and introduce more doors to a market already there, wireless headphones and speakers. AVR/PRE-PRO market already had lossless audio so they introduced object based audio to open more doors to get people to buy more speakers and AVRs/PRE-PROs that feature object based audio. just guessing and throwing in a couple examples of why the unexpected speaker discontinuation. maybe RBH is trimming the fat and fixing to introduce more speakers that are friendly with object based audio? just happened to read that article before i checked up on avsforum so my two pennies.
post #7529 of 7763 Old 01-10-2017, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello everyone,been researching speakers for the last 2 months and have settled on the RBH/Emps

I wont be ready to buy until the end of the month but wanted to know if these speakers ever go on sale or do they have b-stock sales?(other than black friday)

Im extremely patient so i don't mind waiting

Im either gonna go with Package 1(4 R5bi and a R56ci) or Package 2(2 R55ti,2 R5bi,and a R56ci)

I contemplated just going with 5 R5bi but there was a really good post in this thread from a couple years ago where a guy test the r5bi and r56ci as centers and that swayed me into getting the R56ci instead of a R5bi as a center

I really want package 2 but cant spend that much without catching hell from the fiancé

I would definitely wait to get the 2nd package if a sale or b-stock was coming in the next couple months or I could find the towers and center used
post #7530 of 7763 Old 01-10-2017, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullygill View Post
Hello everyone,been researching speakers for the last 2 months and have settled on the RBH/Emps

I wont be ready to buy until the end of the month but wanted to know if these speakers ever go on sale or do they have b-stock sales?(other than black friday)

Im extremely patient so i don't mind waiting

Im either gonna go with Package 1(4 R5bi and a R56ci) or Package 2(2 R55ti,2 R5bi,and a R56ci)

I contemplated just going with 5 R5bi but there was a really good post in this thread from a couple years ago where a guy test the r5bi and r56ci as centers and that swayed me into getting the R56ci instead of a R5bi as a center

I really want package 2 but cant spend that much without catching hell from the fiancé

I would definitely wait to get the 2nd package if a sale or b-stock was coming in the next couple months or I could find the towers and center used

B stock when it pops up or wait until March to see if their is a march madness sale. I never paid attention to the sales so don't know how good it is. Had my mind on these or JBLs. Your best bet is b stock because I highly recommend the towers for your LR.
gullygill likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page