**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 253 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 956Likes

post #7561 of 7654 Old 01-11-2017, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullygill View Post
Really?I saw those receivers but figured they were underpowered since it was only 50 watts.I thought I needed atleast a 100 watt AV to drive a 7.1 system with 2 towers.

Is your system 7.1?

How loud do you play them?

My Onkyo is 80 watts and you can clearly hear the distortion when trying to play it loud.Im not sure if that because of the receiver,the cheap speakers,or both
Well, there are a few AV rec manufacture that inflate numbers or post "peak" numbers. I think if you are pouring say 25 watts into a reasonably sensitive speaker it will get very loud. Anyway, volume has never been an issue with my system and the EMP speakers. However, I don't often listen at reference levels either (wouldn't likely get there with my amplification/EMP speakers).

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7562 of 7654 Old 01-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurramtm View Post
What is available on Craigslist in your area? Try a search for Yamaha Aventage there and see if anything comes up. Let us know here what you find.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
craigslist never has anything good in my city.I just check and the only 1 ia a rx810 for $500 3 counties away
post #7563 of 7654 Old 01-11-2017, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullygill View Post
Hello everyone,been researching speakers for the last 2 months and have settled on the RBH/Emps

I wont be ready to buy until the end of the month but wanted to know if these speakers ever go on sale or do they have b-stock sales?(other than black friday)

Im extremely patient so i don't mind waiting

Im either gonna go with Package 1(4 R5bi and a R56ci) or Package 2(2 R55ti,2 R5bi,and a R56ci)

I contemplated just going with 5 R5bi but there was a really good post in this thread from a couple years ago where a guy test the r5bi and r56ci as centers and that swayed me into getting the R56ci instead of a R5bi as a center

I really want package 2 but cant spend that much without catching hell from the fiancé

I would definitely wait to get the 2nd package if a sale or b-stock was coming in the next couple months or I could find the towers and center used
I realize I am a little late to this and you have probably already gotten your answer.

I live 1 hour from RBH, so I called to see if I could come down and audition them.

The awesome guys I dealt with was the Owner and a very nice soft spoken gentleman named John. John told me they can make "b" stock items at will. They have blemished speaker boxes all the time, however, they don't put speakers and their components in them unless they can sell it. So you would simply call or email and they will assemble some "b" stock for you.

I'm not sure if I got a better deal on mine due to them not having to ship them to me, as I just went and picked them up, but I got what's in my signature (7 speakers) for about 40% off -- all "b" stock.

The R5Bi's are good little speakers, but they are... out of their league when paired with the 56 center. The 56 is so much more full that listening to music through the two 5's and then turning on the center made a shocking difference in sound as the 56 is just that much better and more full. Now in fairness, I did not level match them, I just plugged them in and away we went until I had time go get the bigger 55 towers the week later (drove my small car and did NOT have room for even one 55)

Once I got my 55's home and setup, the 56 center was better matched and not dragging the FL and FR speakers along.

The 55's IMOP are that much better than the 5's -- to me, I wouldn't use the 5's for anything but surrounds. In fact I like my infinities (listed below) better than the 5's as well. Good little speaker though.

Option 2 is the only way to go IMOP.

Now to sound quality, they say these are laid back. I don't agree unless I don't know what the term "bright" means. I'm not sure if it's the tweeter or mid range driver, but they are bright. My infinity speakers are bright too, but these are more bright and after my first 30 minutes or so of listening to music I had had enough. It's been a few weeks now and I am probably more used to their sound now, so it's not bothering me (I guess they break in some too -- oh and running the covers ON also helps tone them down some). They sound good to me for Music now. I've also ran MCACC on them now too, which helped as well.

Now having said that, for movies these things are fantastic. Articulate and they really sound good. Even my wife was commenting on movies we've watched previously that she was hearing stuff she had never heard before. They are awesome for movies. the dialog coming from the 56 center is crystal clear and I don't even have it optimally placed yet.

So for what it's worth those are my thoughts. For what I paid I am very pleased.

Oh and they are dang sexy looking speakers too. Mine are black, but the red burl looks amazing in person. The pictures don't quite do them justice.
acefr, dsrussell and gullygill like this.

RBH Sound: R55Ti x 2, R56Ci x 1, R5Bi x 4
Infinity Primus: P162 x 2, PC351 x 1, P152 x 2
Pioneer VSX-1120K, BIC PL200

post #7564 of 7654 Old 01-11-2017, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 31
anyone running a AT screen with the EMP's? i'm really on the fence on this as i can save 3' by placing the E55ti's/E56CI behind the screen but heard i may lose some sound quality? but i know all speakers are different...just wasn't sure since the Emp's are more of a nuetral sound.

Pioneer VSX-1121-K ~ Emptek E55ti, E56ci, E55bi, 2 Klipsch Sub-12HG Synergy Series, SHARP LC-70LE660U 70" CLASS AQUOS HD
post #7565 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 01:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2225 Post(s)
Liked: 3020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw00dy View Post
Deleted nice review for brevity.

Option 2 is the only way to go IMOP.
Very interesting thoughts on the R55Ti towers with the R56Ci center channel vs the R5Bi bookshelf speakers. Sounds like you’ve found your speaker system for both HT and music. Congratulations, and thank you for posting your thoughts in a clear and concise manner. Very enjoyable read. I’m sure it will help many people in their decision making.

However (there is always a however), each person must judge for themselves what each bring to the table. Instead of me writing my thoughts here on these two fine systems, I will just post a link to a comparative review I wrote on Amazon.com. My thoughts are a bit different than yours, which is quite normal https://www.amazon.com/review/R20W1G...6011&store=aht

Music area: Magnepan 3.6, McIntosh MC2205 amp & C48 preamp, SVS SB13-Ultra, Oppo BDP 95, dbx 3BX, and assorted equipment.
Movie area: EMP Tek E5Bi (were rebadged to R5Bi), RBH/EMP Tek R55Ti, PSA S3000i, Denon X2000, Oppo BDP 83.
post #7566 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
anyone running a AT screen with the EMP's? i'm really on the fence on this as i can save 3' by placing the E55ti's/E56CI behind the screen but heard i may lose some sound quality? but i know all speakers are different...just wasn't sure since the Emp's are more of a nuetral sound.
While the emp teks are not as loud or dynamic sounding as horn loaded speakers I don't see any issues having emp teks behind an AT screen. Just remove the covers/grills at least since the AT screen will act as a grill.
lsturbointeg likes this.

Main theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch ST screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13-Ultra x 2
Loft theater: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #7567 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Now to sound quality, they say these are laid back. I don't agree unless I don't know what the term "bright" means. I'm not sure if it's the tweeter or mid range driver, but they are bright. My infinity speakers are bright too, but these are more bright and after my first 30 minutes or so of listening to music I had had enough. It's been a few weeks now and I am probably more used to their sound now, so it's not bothering me (I guess they break in some too -- oh and running the covers ON also helps tone them down some). They sound good to me for Music now. I've also ran MCACC on them now too, which helped as well.

Now having said that, for movies these things are fantastic. Articulate and they really sound good. Even my wife was commenting on movies we've watched previously that she was hearing stuff she had never heard before. They are awesome for movies. the dialog coming from the 56 center is crystal clear and I don't even have it optimally placed yet.

I would not call the EMP's bright. The are certainly a bit hot in the upper midrange, which is one thing I have always liked about them. My Audessey bumps the high end up a bit, since it finds the high end lacking. Maybe your EQ has overcompensated the high end?

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
post #7568 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
I realize I am a little late to this and you have probably already gotten your answer.

I live 1 hour from RBH, so I called to see if I could come down and audition them.

The awesome guys I dealt with was the Owner and a very nice soft spoken gentleman named John. John told me they can make "b" stock items at will. They have blemished speaker boxes all the time, however, they don't put speakers and their components in them unless they can sell it

Awesome! John is a hell of a salesman. (I am in Syracuse, UT)

If anyone ever wants a demo, my door is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Chris
2 Pairs RBH R55ti, R5bi, R56ci, RBH 15", Crown XLS2500, (2) 18" Marty subs, (3) 12's and some old garbage.
post #7569 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post
Got my bookshelves today. Packaging was great.

So I hooked them straight to my receiver and played them for a bit without the sub. These sounded much bigger than they were. Very nice soundstage even with them being so close together.

Listened for about 20 min then unhooked them to drill some holes in them. Because I need to wall mount these I had to come up with something.

Before...

After...

Notice anything?

I also removed the rubber foot pads from the bottom.

And finally put a coat of spray wax on them and put them on the wall. LOL. They are not hooked up yet have to go under the house again and secure some wires and cut to length. Last weekend I replaced my old 22 ga htib wire under the house with 12 ga monoprice wire.

It looks like my $747.50 dollar emp tek system is complete. If all goes well I will run audyssey this weekend and be done.
sorry to quote such an old post but how did you pull this off?

You got all 5 speakers for $747.50?
post #7570 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 71
How old is the post or did he buy direct from the warehouse this getting a shipping and handling discount?

Home theater gladly not designed by ereed or bgtighe23. 65" JS9500, Marantz 7702MKII, Parasound Halo A31, ClassDaudio SDS470 4ch, RBH R56, 4xRBH R55, 2x RBH R5, Hsu VTF 2 MK 3 and VTF 3 for subwoofage, OnStage MS7701B mic stand with boom for improved Audussey XT32 calibrations. Listening space happily treated with 1" OC 703 rigid fiberglass. OPPO 203 or 205 soon.
post #7571 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukemon View Post
How old is the post or did he buy direct from the warehouse this getting a shipping and handling discount?
I broke down an bought the R56Ci center. Hopefully I'll have it by next week
post #7572 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperactiveme View Post
I broke down an bought the R56Ci center. Hopefully I'll have it by next week

Excellent center but huge. So huge it limits my options to change up my setup. Think I am going to look for a good carpenter and go with a custom wood entertainment. And if you don't have e Towery about kids or animals it sounds a tad better without the grill.

Home theater gladly not designed by ereed or bgtighe23. 65" JS9500, Marantz 7702MKII, Parasound Halo A31, ClassDaudio SDS470 4ch, RBH R56, 4xRBH R55, 2x RBH R5, Hsu VTF 2 MK 3 and VTF 3 for subwoofage, OnStage MS7701B mic stand with boom for improved Audussey XT32 calibrations. Listening space happily treated with 1" OC 703 rigid fiberglass. OPPO 203 or 205 soon.
post #7573 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Its from 4 years ago but I checked his profile and he was logged in this morning.
post #7574 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Excellent center but huge. So huge it limits my options to change up my setup. Think I am going to look for a good carpenter and go with a custom wood entertainment. And if you don't have e Towery about kids or animals it sounds a tad better without the grill.
I got lucky with our kids. They've always shown mercy towards my speakers. Always grill off...... Except the towers in the living room. Not wife approved, to many drivers.

I definately have the room for the center, however I hope it sounds within its size.

Last edited by hyperactiveme; 01-16-2017 at 11:41 PM.
post #7575 of 7654 Old 01-12-2017, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
Very interesting thoughts on the R55Ti towers with the R56Ci center channel vs the R5Bi bookshelf speakers. Sounds like you’ve found your speaker system for both HT and music. Congratulations, and thank you for posting your thoughts in a clear and concise manner. Very enjoyable read. I’m sure it will help many people in their decision making.

However (there is always a however), each person must judge for themselves what each bring to the table. Instead of me writing my thoughts here on these two fine systems, I will just post a link to a comparative review I wrote on Amazon.com. My thoughts are a bit different than yours, which is quite normal https://www.amazon.com/review/R20W1G...6011&store=aht
Nice review.

I have to add that I had NOT EQ'd the speakers that first day and my room is quite large as well (around 7000 cubic feet and opened to another room).

I don't think the 5's are bad bookshelves, I just didn't like them as much as my Infinity setup and no where near as much as I like the 55's.

They are now EQ'd and sound much better. I also attenuated the high end a tad, which helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
I would not call the EMP's bright. The are certainly a bit hot in the upper midrange, which is one thing I have always liked about them. My Audessey bumps the high end up a bit, since it finds the high end lacking. Maybe your EQ has overcompensated the high end?
Certainly possible. I only know that originally (un-eq'd) they were harsh to listen to for very long.

I can not say the same now, although I still feel they are "hot" as you say.

Would one of you mind explaining to me what "bright" means to you? I really would like to provide more accurate info if I can.

Again, I love the speakers now -- eq'd they sound fantastic.

Realize also that my tastes are limited since I've not listened to a lot of different speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hotness View Post
Awesome! John is a hell of a salesman. (I am in Syracuse, UT)

If anyone ever wants a demo, my door is open.
I really like him. Great guy and gave me a great deal.

as previously stated, I paid 60% of retail and that included Tax.

RBH Sound: R55Ti x 2, R56Ci x 1, R5Bi x 4
Infinity Primus: P162 x 2, PC351 x 1, P152 x 2
Pioneer VSX-1120K, BIC PL200
post #7576 of 7654 Old 01-13-2017, 12:00 AM

because the Emps have ports in the rear of the speakers do you guys think if the speakers are sitting in walls or in somewhat cubby's in false walls will that alter or change the sound? i thought about building a false wall and having the Emps LCR sitting in cubby's if that's what you call it for a fixed projection screen but because of the ports in the rear i wasn't sure if that will cause any tonal issues or any sound issues period? or else i'll just use a AT screen instead? any advice? appreciate it!

Pioneer VSX-1121-K ~ Emptek E55ti, E56ci, E55bi, 2 Klipsch Sub-12HG Synergy Series, SHARP LC-70LE660U 70" CLASS AQUOS HD

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 01-13-2017 at 12:10 AM.
post #7577 of 7654 Old 01-13-2017, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Certainly possible. I only know that originally (un-eq'd) they were harsh to listen to for very long.

I can not say the same now, although I still feel they are "hot" as you say.

Would one of you mind explaining to me what "bright" means to you? I really would like to provide more accurate info if I can.

Again, I love the speakers now -- eq'd they sound fantastic.

Realize also that my tastes are limited since I've not listened to a lot of different speakers.

Bright is neither a negative or positive, but a speaker that emphasizes the high frequency material more that the mids or lows. With some bright speakers, especially those with horn tweeters on the cheaper side, this bright can lead to listening fatigue...which is of course a negative. This summer, I was at an outdoor event and some very expensive JBL PA speaker were playing, and when in the sweet spot, I want to claw my ears out.
From all the measurements I have seen, the EMP speakers are relatively flat and if anything are recessed a bit at the high end. however, they do present a slight bump in the upper midrange...so either your ears are reacting to this upper midrange bump (most likely), your room is causing some high frequency affects (which aren't usual), or there is something wrong with your set up that EQ might correct.
Anyway, in surround duty I doubt this is an issue...

post #7578 of 7654 Old 01-13-2017, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
I really like him. Great guy and gave me a great deal.

as previously stated, I paid 60% of retail and that included Tax.

I was saying not because of the great deal, but because he sold me so many sets. 3 pairs and the R56 center, just in a few days, he just had me keep coming back when I only stopped in to get a driver for my old 16 year pair I picked up off KSL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Chris
2 Pairs RBH R55ti, R5bi, R56ci, RBH 15", Crown XLS2500, (2) 18" Marty subs, (3) 12's and some old garbage.
post #7579 of 7654 Old 01-13-2017, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
because the Emps have ports in the rear of the speakers do you guys think if the speakers are sitting in walls or in somewhat cubby's in false walls will that alter or change the sound? i thought about building a false wall and having the Emps LCR sitting in cubby's if that's what you call it for a fixed projection screen but because of the ports in the rear i wasn't sure if that will cause any tonal issues or any sound issues period? or else i'll just use a AT screen instead? any advice? appreciate it!
Yeah any time you put a speaker in another enclosure you are going to affect its tonal qualities. I wouldn't think a false wall would be a problem as long as you left some space behind the speaker.
post #7580 of 7654 Old 01-13-2017, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

If you are thinking about putting a speaker in an enclosure...
1. Make sure the front of the speaker is forward of the sides of the enclosure, so you don't get reflections. You will want the plug as far away from the back wall as possible anyway...
2. Yes, the ports reflections will be affected. yes can plug the port, but that will also affect the sound. I guess if you get it 6 inch away, it might sound okay, but remember, if the enclosure has sides/top/bottom, which is the definition of an enclosure, it is like sticking the speaker inside another speaker box and yes, this will affect sound. How much? Cannot be predicted, I don't think.

post #7581 of 7654 Old 01-13-2017, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Quote:
Are you using subs at all?
You can avoid almost all issues by making sure the front baffle of the EMP speaker extends slightly past the wall that it will sit in.
Grab a pair of socks and plug the port(s). This will just change the slope and rolloff of the bottom end of the speaker - the bass frequencies. I would then make sure you cross the bookshelves over to subs around 100-120hz. Even sealed, I'm sure the bookshelves probably start to rolloff about 80-90hz or so, but those little 5 ¼" woofers aren't producing any serious output compared to a dedicated sub.

A couple other speaker options that don't have the rear port and are well reviewed speakers that come to mind are HTD Level 2s and KEF Q100s. I believe both are just slightly more expensive overall, but I enjoy my HTD Level 2s more than the EMP R5Bis.
lsturbointeg likes this.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 3 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #7582 of 7654 Old 01-14-2017, 05:12 AM

I will be running 2 subs both also placed up front. i'm thinking while the speakers are sitting in an "enclosure" would it be fine if i left the back of it open so the ports aren't covered or up against the back of the enclosure? that should work as well as like bgtighe23 mentioned earlier having the baffle extend slightly pass the wall?

post #7583 of 7654 Old 01-14-2017, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I will be running 2 subs both also placed up front. i'm thinking while the speakers are sitting in an "enclosure" would it be fine if i left the back of it open so the ports aren't covered or up against the back of the enclosure? that should work as well as like bgtighe23 mentioned earlier having the baffle extend slightly pass the wall?
If the crossover to the sub is high enough (80-120hz), it shouldn't pose any real audible differences.
Are you permanently mounting the bookshelves in wall? You can always try using the bookshelves without port plugs, and then with port plugs. Pick your favorite.

post #7584 of 7654 Old 01-14-2017, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Getting rid of one of my EMP e1010i subs (dual 10"). Anyone local, near or close to Oklahoma City?? Might be willing to ship as I believe I still have both boxes with all the stuff/styrofoam/etc that EMP/RBH ships it with.

If anyone is interested then send me a PM. Still works perfectly. Never ran hard as I had 2 and never really listen to watch anything really bass heavy. No dings, scratches, etc. I'll include a sub cable and y splitter for ya too!

Looks like shipping isn't as bad as I thought. If you're interested then PM me some info (zip/etc) so I can get a quote and we can start talking about it.

Last edited by ousooner2; 01-17-2017 at 12:39 PM.
post #7585 of 7654 Old 01-14-2017, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Getting rid of one of my EMP e1010i subs (dual 10"). Anyone local, near or close to Oklahoma City?? Might be willing to ship as I believe I still have both boxes with all the stuff/styrofoam/etc that EMP/RBH ships it with.

If anyone is interested then send me a PM. Still works perfectly. Never ran hard as I had 2 and never really listen to watch anything really bass heavy. No dings, scratches, etc. I'll include a sub cable and y splitter for ya too!
I ended up getting 2 svs nsd and couldn't figure out what to do with the 2 1010i since they are so big, so now I have 4 subs in one room! The svs up front and the emp in back.
post #7586 of 7654 Old 01-14-2017, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

do you even travel down to Houston?

post #7587 of 7654 Old 01-14-2017, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post
Quote:

I ended up getting 2 svs nsd and couldn't figure out what to do with the 2 1010i since they are so big, so now I have 4 subs in one room! The svs up front and the emp in back.
They're solid subs, but no space for 2 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtighe23 View Post
Quote:

do you even travel down to Houston?
My wife is traveling down there in a month or so, but I don't think they'll have room in the car for a big sub. 4 women and their luggage for 4-5 days. They could probably fill a greyhound with their luggage lol.

Shipping might not be that bad. I still have the box(es) they shipped in
post #7588 of 7654 Old 01-16-2017, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got my Impression system plus Hsu VTF-3 all set up and now kicking around the idea doing Atmos speakers. Would the in-ceiling speakers matter as much to match them to EMP setup? Maybe some RBH in-ceilings like the MC-615? Or just pick any good quality in-ceiling?

post #7589 of 7654 Old 01-16-2017, 11:50 PM
Advanced Member

I've always contemplated making my screen smaller so that I can fit the R55Ti towers down there. Now that my R56Ci is ordered I might have to. Wait and see I guess
post #7590 of 7654 Old 01-17-2017, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiburns View Post
Got my Impression system plus Hsu VTF-3 all set up and now kicking around the idea doing Atmos speakers. Would the in-ceiling speakers matter as much to match them to EMP setup? Maybe some RBH in-ceilings like the MC-615? Or just pick any good quality in-ceiling?

nice! how big is your screen? i'm in the middle of my HT build and will run 7.2.4 Atmos. i've been reading enough about Atmos and think the RSL's would be a good match with the Emp's. at $125 per speaker there's other options but really comes down to budget. you would want speakers with good dispersion and with the ability to have the speaker point down to the MLP. i've had a few people recommend these from OSD
http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/i...-speakers.html

do you guys know if Emptek still has their March Madness Deals?

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 01-17-2017 at 03:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page