**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 257 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 969Likes

post #7681 of 7689 Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayspkr View Post
PM sent.

Actually we're still offering the Impression Series online. Really there was no change other than website/name change.

If you're looking for in-ceiling atmos speakers, that would depend on ceiling height but I would look into and ask a dealer about the VA-615 for standard ceiling height, and the A-815 for anything higher or for more overall bass output.
Any plans on offering the remaining RBH products on the website?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7682 of 7689 Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yes, it's coming more and more to a line between the freestanding and custom installation products. Everything installed (in-ceiling/in-wall) will always be sold exclusively through dealers, while freestanding will become more and more available for retail sale.
darrob104 likes this.
post #7683 of 7689 Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2458 Post(s)
Liked: 1739
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Will do. Got them for a killer deal. $265/pr new! Can't beat that for a heavy, supposedly very nice sounding bookshelf.
How are you liking those RP-150s so far?

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)

post #7684 of 7689 Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
I know its not directed towards me but I have pair of RP160s and they are fantastic! Very smooth sounding and not harsh at all.

Main theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #7685 of 7689 Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
I know its not directed towards me but I have pair of RP160s and they are fantastic! Very smooth sounding and not harsh at all.
Always happy to hear more opinions regardless. So how would you compare them to the Axioms listed in your sig? Or compared to other speakers you've owned or auditioned? Just seeking a rough frame of reference...

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #7686 of 7689 Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Always happy to hear more opinions regardless. So how would you compare them to the Axioms listed in your sig? Or compared to other speakers you've owned or auditioned? Just seeking a rough frame of reference...
Ooohh thats a tough one to compare. While I think both sound great for music and movies I find the Klipsch RP more dynamic sounding. It has more of a cinema sound while the axiom is slightly more laid back. But comparing just the towers of my axioms (tweeter, 4.5 mid, dual 6.5 mids) vs Klipsch RP280 towers (tweeter/horn, dual 8 inch mid/bass) the Klipsch definetly has more low bass for sure due to larger drivers. To my own ears I find the RP line more neutral sounding while axiom has more of slight coloration but seemed to be slightly more detailed in the upper midrange at the same time. Both are very forgiving in placement and have good sensitivity and easy to drive.

While Axiom are great, I don't find them to be good value as they once used to be. Their pricing has went up double at least in the past decade and there are alot of competition in that same price range.
Zorba922 likes this.

Main theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
post #7687 of 7689 Old Today, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Hey, I've had the RP-150m for a few weeks or whatever it's been, but haven't really had much time with them yet to be honest. I'm going to try to get my RBH's back this weekend if I get a chance. There is a guy from OKC that just posted and said he ordered the A1.4 so maybe I can get him to swing by for an audition of all 3.

Currently Auditioning: Klipsch RP-150M
SOLD: EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
FOR SALE --- 1 EMP Tek/RBH Sound e1010i sub: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...al-10-sub.html
post #7688 of 7689 Old Today, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Hey, I've had the RP-150m for a few weeks or whatever it's been, but haven't really had much time with them yet to be honest. I'm going to try to get my RBH's back this weekend if I get a chance. There is a guy from OKC that just posted and said he ordered the A1.4 so maybe I can get him to swing by for an audition of all 3.
So it'd be a 3-way comparison of the R5Bi, RP150, and A1.4? Awesome!

post #7689 of 7689 Old Today, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
So it'd be a 3-way comparison of the R5Bi, RP150, and A1.4? Awesome!
Yeah hopefully. I will definitely be able to compare the RBH and RP-150m, but if the guy with the A1.4 has some time in the next few weeks to audition then I'll throw those in the mix too. I'll likely cross them over to a sub as none of these meant to be ran without a sub imo. I'll run full-range and take some notes, but I'll also run with a 60-80hz crossover to get an idea of how the midbass and lower midrange clean up when crossed to a sub.

Currently Auditioning: Klipsch RP-150M
SOLD: EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
FOR SALE --- 1 EMP Tek/RBH Sound e1010i sub: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...al-10-sub.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems