**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 259 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 988Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7741 of 7770 Old 04-16-2017, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
So after some more time with these things are opening up a bit in that mid-bass region. Before they felt a little lacking but I find them getting closer to the EMPs. Still fantastic treble that really offers superior detail, but for things like acoustic guitar and some deeper voices, the EMPs set the bar high.

Fleetwood Mac - Big Love (Live) is my benchmark for acoustic guitar, and they don't offer the same experience but it's close.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7742 of 7770 Old 04-16-2017, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zorba922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,131
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2625 Post(s)
Liked: 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
So after some more time with these things are opening up a bit in that mid-bass region. Before they felt a little lacking but I find them getting closer to the EMPs. Still fantastic treble that really offers superior detail, but for things like acoustic guitar and some deeper voices, the EMPs set the bar high.
How do the Chanes do with female voices and jazz horns, compared to the EMPs?

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Zorba922 is online now  
post #7743 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 04:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
How do the Chanes do with female voices and jazz horns, compared to the EMPs?


Horns sound a bit thinner and don't have the same weight as they do with the EMPs, but, the extension on the treble is very noticeable and things don't drop off nearly as quick.

With female voices, it depends on the artist. Norah Jones for example sounds very good on the Chanes, you are hearing more of her voice and the planar tweeter does a great job here. However someone like Diana Krall or Stevie Nicks sounds better on the EMP where you get the more forward midrange that accentuates the deeper tones in their voices.

Each speaker is very good, though they excel in different genres.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
 
post #7744 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 4,652
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 956
Funny, I remember hearing the RBH technical director talk about possibly putting a AMT ribbon in one of the lower RBH lines and he said they tried, but just felt domes were more neutral that anything short of a RAAL ribbon, which won't go into any low end products. I assume that same philosophy is why the EMP have a silk dome.Of course, they now have a line with a AMT tweeter, so...grain of salt!

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
Elihawk is offline  
post #7745 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Funny, I remember hearing the RBH technical director talk about possibly putting a AMT ribbon in one of the lower RBH lines and he said they tried, but just felt domes were more neutral that anything short of a RAAL ribbon, which won't go into any low end products. I assume that same philosophy is why the EMP have a silk dome.Of course, they now have a line with a AMT tweeter, so...grain of salt!

Yeah the planar tweeter in the Chanes was a touch bright at first, it doesn't bother me now so I can't say if that's my ears adjusting or the speaker breaking in. I really would like to snag a pair of the SV-61R, with the AMT tweeter. Seems like that might combine the excellent RBH midrange with the great extension and clarity of a ribbon.

I do miss some of the clarity when I switch back to the EMPs, they can come off as slightly veiled in comparison.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7746 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 4,652
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 956
Yes, at the price range of the EMPs and Chanes, compromises have to be made. Yes, I would really like to hear the SV-61R!

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
Elihawk is offline  
post #7747 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Yes, at the price range of the EMPs and Chanes, compromises have to be made. Yes, I would really like to hear the SV-61R!


I found a website selling them for about $1200/pair, don't know if that's an authorized dealer or not but they are right in the wheelhouse of the Sierra-2 and a bit cheaper than the BMRs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7748 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,483
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Yeah the planar tweeter in the Chanes was a touch bright at first, it doesn't bother me now so I can't say if that's my ears adjusting or the speaker breaking in. I really would like to snag a pair of the SV-61R, with the AMT tweeter. Seems like that might combine the excellent RBH midrange with the great extension and clarity of a ribbon.

I do miss some of the clarity when I switch back to the EMPs, they can come off as slightly veiled in comparison.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have MultEQ XT or XT32..or a good autoEQ setup? I wonder if it will raise the very top end a little for you in your room. Obviously not as good as being able to naturally extend like that, in-room, but maybe it's a little better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
I found a website selling them for about $1200/pair, don't know if that's an authorized dealer or not but they are right in the wheelhouse of the Sierra-2 and a bit cheaper than the BMRs.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can get you in touch with an RBH dealer if you wanted info on pricing.



Also, the guy in OKC with the Chanes is breaking them in and hoping we should have some audition time and notes in the next few weeks. Putting up a fence this weekend, so no go there. Can't wait

Currently Auditioning: Klipsch RP-150M
SOLD: EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
FOR SALE --- 1 EMP Tek/RBH Sound e1010i sub: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...al-10-sub.html
ousooner2 is online now  
post #7749 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post
Do you have MultEQ XT or XT32..or a good autoEQ setup? I wonder if it will raise the very top end a little for you in your room. Obviously not as good as being able to naturally extend like that, in-room, but maybe it's a little better for you.







I can get you in touch with an RBH dealer if you wanted info on pricing.







Also, the guy in OKC with the Chanes is breaking them in and hoping we should have some audition time and notes in the next few weeks. Putting up a fence this weekend, so no go there. Can't wait


I've got MultEQ XT and it does boost the upper frequencies on the EMPs, but I prefer listening in Pure Direct mode for music so that's how I've been testing the speakers.

I'll probably run Audyssey with the Chanes and see how they do for movies with my Ultra X12 added in.

And yeah if you can PM me on that it would be great. I actually did find a RBH dealer here that's like 10 minutes away, so I'll have to go visit and see if they carry any of the new AMT stuff yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7750 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 4,652
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 956
Well, if either of you guys are able to get your hands on a the SV61R, i will need photos, detailed observations, etc...everything except you tube video, because they always make any speaker sound like cheap computer speakers!

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
Elihawk is offline  
post #7751 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Well, if either of you guys are able to get your hands on a the SV61R, i will need photos, detailed observations, etc...everything except you tube video, because they always make any speaker sound like cheap computer speakers!


How does that always happen!

I'm going to check out that shop this week and see what they have, maybe I can demo a pair for a bit and see how they sound in my room next to the Chanes/EMPs.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7752 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,656
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
How does that always happen!

I'm going to check out that shop this week and see what they have, maybe I can demo a pair for a bit and see how they sound in my room next to the Chanes/EMPs.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know those SV lines are gonna sound better right? LOL Not to mention the finish of those speakers are sexy!

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
ereed is offline  
post #7753 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
You know those SV lines are gonna sound better right? LOL Not to mention the finish of those speakers are sexy!


Oh I'm sure they sound magical, but I guess I'm just curious about what I need to spend to get the sound I'm looking for. Seems like the next tier of ribbon speakers is in that $1200-1600 range and is probably what it will take.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7754 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 4,652
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
Liked: 956
Yes, I would say you would be looking at the Phils (The new Philharmonitor at 1150/pr) the Sierra 2 with RAAL (1450/pr) for real RAAL ribbons and then a host of speakers, RBH (1200/pr), Martin Logan (Various options) with folded or pleated ribbons. Then you step down to the Chanes (280/pr) or Emotiva (300/pr) as speakers in the budget range with AMT/folded ribbons.
Transmaniacon and zieglj01 like this.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver

Last edited by Elihawk; 04-17-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Elihawk is offline  
post #7755 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Yes, I would say you would be looking at the Phils (The new Philharmonitor at 1150/pr) the Sierra 2 with RAAL (1450/pr) for real RAAL ribbons and then a host of speakers, RBH (1200/pr), Martin Logan (Various options) with folded or pleated ribbons. Then you step down to the Chanes (280/pr) or Emotiva (300/pr) as speakers in the budget range with RAAL

Yeah seems like that's my next upgrade then. I keep hoping to score a deal on a used pair but my Craigslist is pretty lousy for finding good speakers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7756 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
I found a website selling them for about $1200/pair, don't know if that's an authorized dealer or not but they are right in the wheelhouse of the Sierra-2 and a bit cheaper than the BMRs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you PM me the name of that website please?
Jayspkr is offline  
post #7757 of 7770 Old 04-17-2017, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,483
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 177
I guess the guy I know that's a dealer for RBH does not accept messages on here. I'll have him chime in to this thread.

Currently Auditioning: Klipsch RP-150M
SOLD: EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
FOR SALE --- 1 EMP Tek/RBH Sound e1010i sub: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...al-10-sub.html
ousooner2 is online now  
post #7758 of 7770 Old 04-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You could always email us at info@rbhsound.com if you need pricing or help finding a dealer.

Last edited by Jayspkr; 04-18-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Jayspkr is offline  
post #7759 of 7770 Old 04-19-2017, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
I scored a great deal on a Parasound HCA-1500A amplifier, this will be the start of my 2-channel music system!

zieglj01 and Frostyboy115 like this.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7760 of 7770 Old 04-19-2017, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,656
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
I scored a great deal on a Parasound HCA-1500A amplifier, this will be the start of my 2-channel music system!

Nice! When I went seperates I noticed my system sounded little cleaner. I bet the warmth of that Parasound would sound great with the ribbon tweeters if you go that route!

By the way I noticed you are in Raleigh....not too far from Charlotte.
Transmaniacon likes this.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
ereed is offline  
post #7761 of 7770 Old 04-19-2017, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Nice! When I went seperates I noticed my system sounded little cleaner. I bet the warmth of that Parasound would sound great with the ribbon tweeters if you go that route!

By the way I noticed you are in Raleigh....not too far from Charlotte.
Recently I have found the limits of my AVR-1713, I am getting some distortion with music when running the speakers full range. I am not even listening all that loud but I guess dynamic peaks are asking a bit much. Anxious to hear it and I am ready for any future upgrades now!

Pretty close! I know someone organized a get-together for this area in 2015, but I missed it, maybe they will do another.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7762 of 7770 Old 04-19-2017, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,656
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Recently I have found the limits of my AVR-1713, I am getting some distortion with music when running the speakers full range. I am not even listening all that loud but I guess dynamic peaks are asking a bit much. Anxious to hear it and I am ready for any future upgrades now!

Pretty close! I know someone organized a get-together for this area in 2015, but I missed it, maybe they will do another.
I run my music 2.0 full range and analog bypass and I think it sounds better that way to me. Maybe you can find nice cheap prepro that has analog bypass for your 2.0 rig. If you are ever down in Charlotte let me know!

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
ereed is offline  
post #7763 of 7770 Old 04-19-2017, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
I run my music 2.0 full range and analog bypass and I think it sounds better that way to me. Maybe you can find nice cheap prepro that has analog bypass for your 2.0 rig. If you are ever down in Charlotte let me know!


I didn't even think of that, definitely going to keep that in mind! And sure thing!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7764 of 7770 Old Today, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
New amp arrived yesterday morning! The seller was incredibly prompt and packed it quite well. Honestly it was probably packaged better than the manufacturer could do. Going to get things set up and fire it up here shortly!

That bag in the back is full of packing materials ha!

ereed and Zorba922 like this.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7765 of 7770 Old Today, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Make shift setup with my iPad playing Tidal to the amp, it may be placebo but the bass feels stronger and deeper on this compare to my Denon. So much headroom and the distortion I was getting before when pushing things is completely gone. I need to hook up my E55Tis and see if I hear anything different.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ereed likes this.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7766 of 7770 Old Today, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ereed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,656
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Make shift setup with my iPad playing Tidal to the amp, it may be placebo but the bass feels stronger and deeper on this compare to my Denon. So much headroom and the distortion I was getting before when pushing things is completely gone. I need to hook up my E55Tis and see if I hear anything different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, thats what a great powerful amp does. Lower distortion, cleaner sound, and much more power. This results in lower noise floor, and improved dynamics. You will be able to run your system more efficient also. Yes, let us know how the emp teks sound now.

Theater: Sony 45es, 120 inch 16:9 screen, Panny BDT500, Rotel RMB-1075, Rotel RSP-1068, Klipsch RP-280F, RP-450C, RP-160M, SVS PB13 x 2, Monster Power Conditioner, GIK acoustic panels

TV Room: Panasonic 60" plasma, Integra DTR-30.3, Axiom Audio M60, VP150, QS8, EP500
ereed is offline  
post #7767 of 7770 Old Today, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Yep, thats what a great powerful amp does. Lower distortion, cleaner sound, and much more power. This results in lower noise floor, and improved dynamics. You will be able to run your system more efficient also. Yes, let us know how the emp teks sound now.


Yeah this is my first "real" amp and I am thoroughly enjoying it! I will let you guys how the EMPs sound as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
post #7768 of 7770 Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Luisfc1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: los angeles, california
Posts: 1,145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 17
emp towers and center.

anyone else thought treble was a little lacking until you turned off dynamic eq?
i think the highs are better but not sure if its a placebo thing
Luisfc1972 is online now  
post #7769 of 7770 Old Today, 06:20 PM
Member
 
nimlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I posted this originally on the RBH owners thread but didn't receive a reply. So, sorry for the duplicate.

I have the opportunity to pick up a pair of TK-5CT towers, with a TK515C center and PC10 sub. I read a glowing review of the towers but there isn't too much else written. So, if anyone has a general comment I'd appreciate hearing it. I will be using the system for movies only, in a 21x15x9 room. So, I need to get a set of surround speakers to go with this. Should I stick to RBH/Emptek and if so, should I try to pick up from any particular series?

Many thanks for any responses.
nimlet is online now  
post #7770 of 7770 Old Today, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 6,161
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
emp towers and center.



anyone else thought treble was a little lacking until you turned off dynamic eq?

i think the highs are better but not sure if its a placebo thing


It's very possible you just don't like the effects of Dynamic EQ, it's tweaking things on the fly to maintain detail and bass at lower than reference volumes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
Transmaniacon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off