**Official EMP Owner's Thread** - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #241 of 3427 Old 02-28-2012, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i've been really reading the forums regarding speaker wires and connectors. in your opinion is it really worth using banana plugs in stead of straight 14 gauge wire straight into the speaker terminals where you screw it down on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 3427 Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyp3 View Post

ya thats what im leaning towards. All the local stores ive gone to have mass mark up. Direct would be nice.

Man that stinks! Paradigm makes a darn nice speaker! Very worth the extra cash. Those Studio 60 and 100's are AMAZING!! Something in the Cinema or Monitor lineup is still VERY nice though. Maybe compare prices from local places and give your business to the lowest bidder. Here in the States you can usually talk Paradigm dealers down 15% off MSRP.....sometimes 20% if you're lucky.....

Too bad EMP doesn't deliver to Canada. No idea why a lot of companies do not do that...you would think they could make some more money. Sounds like they are a nice speaker for the money too....
post #243 of 3427 Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToHT View Post

Man that stinks! Paradigm makes a darn nice speaker! Very worth the extra cash. Those Studio 60 and 100's are AMAZING!! Something in the Cinema or Monitor lineup is still VERY nice though. Maybe compare prices from local places and give your business to the lowest bidder. Here in the States you can usually talk Paradigm dealers down 15% off MSRP.....sometimes 20% if you're lucky.....

Too bad EMP doesn't deliver to Canada. No idea why a lot of companies do not do that...you would think they could make some more money. Sounds like they are a nice speaker for the money too....

silly border

Ive been lookign at SVS speakers but they dont seem to compare to these bad boys/
post #244 of 3427 Old 02-29-2012, 04:23 PM

Liked: 11
My order for the 55ti's was sched for today.However,Fedex doesn't update their tracking.It still shows the speakers in Utah on 2/23.I called them and they said delivery will be on thurs,3/1 and they will call me.........can't wait....looks like all the 55's are gone on the clearance page.I must have gotten real lucky to score the red burl.....will keep folks updated,once I get them set-up.....peter
post #245 of 3427 Old 02-29-2012, 06:37 PM

well, finally hooked up the SVX-1121 to the E55ti's and WOW! the clarity is just awesome even running in 2 stereo mode. can't wait to see what a complete surround sound will sound like.
post #246 of 3427 Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

was all pumped to buy a full system from them and then the bad news..................................DOESNT SHIP TO CANADA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToHT View Post

..........They do deliver to Canada, though.

However you have to pay shipping so their free online calc won't do it.
post #247 of 3427 Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post

well, finally hooked up the SVX-1121 to the E55ti's and WOW! the clarity is just awesome even running in 2 stereo mode. can't wait to see what a complete surround sound will sound like.

The 55's will be even better after some break-in.....they need a couple of hundred hrs.....don't crank it up,yet......just run some low-level sound thru them for a couple of nites
post #248 of 3427 Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRELL44 View Post

The 55's will be even better after some break-in

Do you even know what break-in does?

Quote:

.....they need a couple of hundred hrs

post #249 of 3427 Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyp3 View Post

silly border

Ive been lookign at SVS speakers but they dont seem to compare to these bad boys/

consumer protection laws?
post #250 of 3427 Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Received my E56Ci today. And man what a difference it makes compared to the VP150 it replaced. A sonic void has been filled in with this speaker, so much it's not even funny. Axiom should be ashamed for putting out such a center.

All though I love my M22's they will be replaced by the E55Ti's when they arrive soon. Still debating whether to replace the QS8's but most likely will not as I love the surround field they put out.

So basing my opinion on just the center so far I think the switch over was well worth it.

post #251 of 3427 Old 03-01-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMJEDI View Post

Received my E56Ci today. And man what a difference it makes compared to the VP150 it replaced. A sonic void has been filled in with this speaker, so much it's not even funny. Axiom should be ashamed for putting out such a center.

So basing my opinion on just the center so far I think the switch over was well worth it.

glad to hear you like the E56ci! there's suppose to be an upcoming sale of the Impression Series. when i contacted them the sales rep did mention that the E56ci should be one of them. i'm hoping to grab the E56ci and E55wi
post #252 of 3427 Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:

glad to hear you like the E56ci! there's suppose to be an upcoming sale of the Impression Series. when i contacted them the sales rep did mention that the E56ci should be one of them. i'm hoping to grab the E56ci and E55wi

We need this sale to happen. I do not know how much longer I can deal with no surround speakers.
post #253 of 3427 Old 03-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 View Post

We need this sale to happen. I do not know how much longer I can deal with no surround speakers.

I KNOW! i keep checking their site everyday. i remember reading back a week ago someone mentioned the sale was gonna happen in a couple of weeks and already it's a week later and still nothing. hopefully we should see something soon i'm gonna jump on the center and surrounds. doesn't sound too bad for 2 channel stereo right now but i can't wait to get the complete 5.1.

so far i love the HT...played some music, gaming is crazy. my Klipsch sub rocks! i can see why a sub would be needed but i haven't calibrated anything yet until i get the rest of the speakers.
post #254 of 3427 Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Hey slammin86! how do you like the E55ci? is it also laid back and mello yellow? so far in 2 channel mode i have to listen to dialogue on the mains. wondering how much of a difference the center is going to make? what's particularly nice is how the dialogue seems to be coming from the center of the tv when i have no center speaker. must be the way the E55ti's are setup. nice writeup by the way.
post #255 of 3427 Old 03-02-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:

Hey slammin86! how do you like the E55ci? is it also laid back and mello yellow? so far in 2 channel mode i have to listen to dialogue on the mains. wondering how much of a difference the center is going to make? what's particularly nice is how the dialogue seems to be coming from the center of the tv when i have no center speaker. must be the way the E55ti's are setup. nice writeup by the way.

I like the center just fine. Much better than the polk CS2 that it replaced. I find it a little strange that the 6.5's are crossed over so much higher on the center than on the towers.

I wish it had 2 extra grill pins in the center of it. 4 total pins on a speaker this size is not enough. I ended up putting some double sided tape in the center to keep the grill locked in (keep in mind I have a 3 year old son and 1 year old twin boys) so I have to take preventative measures.

I have not really mentioned the sound of the center because I am still running this thing with audyssey off. I am waiting till I get the surrounds to run it again. I can say that the polks with audyssey off were not even listenable to me.
post #256 of 3427 Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 PM

do they balance well with each other? does the center seem to overpower the mains? i almost pulled the trigger on the polk 70's and the cs2 but i'm really glad i found the emptek's! just really excited to hear what the emptek's sound complete. i was thinking of if it's worth picking up the E5bi's bookshelf speakers for the height speakers according to the diagram on the VSX-1121? they would sit ceiling height above the E55ti's. wonder how that would sound like? any impressions on this setup? or just overkill?
post #257 of 3427 Old 03-03-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRELL44 View Post

My order for the 55ti's was sched for today.However,Fedex doesn't update their tracking.It still shows the speakers in Utah on 2/23.I called them and they said delivery will be on thurs,3/1 and they will call me.........can't wait....looks like all the 55's are gone on the clearance page.I must have gotten real lucky to score the red burl.....will keep folks updated,once I get them set-up.....peter

The 55Ti's are unboxed and in da house!......Red Burl is perfect,not a mark or scuff on them.....50% off and these look brand new!.....What a score!

First impressions.....Wow.....Wide soundstage...Vocals seem to hang in the air....big upgrade from the Polk Monitor 70's.......Listening to Tierney Sutton's,"American Road"....What a recording!.....Will follow-up after the weekend....Peter
post #258 of 3427 Old 03-03-2012, 06:39 PM

Sweet!
post #259 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:

do they balance well with each other? does the center seem to overpower the mains? i almost pulled the trigger on the polk 70's and the cs2 but i'm really glad i found the emptek's! just really excited to hear what the emptek's sound complete. i was thinking of if it's worth picking up the E5bi's bookshelf speakers for the height speakers according to the diagram on the VSX-1121? they would sit ceiling height above the E55ti's. wonder how that would sound like? any impressions on this setup? or just overkill?

Be glad you didn't buy the polks. These speakers arent even in the same league.

My receiver allows me to individually adjust the volume of each speaker. It all blends well.
post #260 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Well the 55Ti's arrived. After setting them up and doing level adjustments it seems I have a problem. One of them requires a 2db bump in the receiver settings and there is a difference in tone between the two.

I leveled the left side to 85db with a setting of 0 in the receiver then the right side with a +2 setting. Swapped sides (I physically moved them), adjusted the main volume to read 85db on the left side again but this time I now have to adjust the right side to -2 to get the db levels the same. Done this 4 times to make sure I wasn't imagining things....lol

Email was sent out but they are not in the office on the weekends so I won't hear anything till Monday. The last email I sent them was very helpful and am expecting the same level of customer service to help me through this.

Can't wait till this gets sorted out because even with the mismatch the sound quality is awesome.
post #261 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 11:07 AM

I was reading on the Pioneer Genius thread(here in the AVS forum) and a guy had taken two of the Pioneer FS51 towers and stacked them tweeter to tweeter. Curiosity sat in so I had to try it.

I left my Emp E5ti on the right side and stacked my Pioneer's on the left. I will have to admit that this configuration brought the Pioneer's to life. They had alot more definition and sounded smooth. With just one of the FS51 they sound shallow to me. The only way I can explain it is like it is in a tunnel. With both stacked the highs and midrange are more forward and actually sound better than my E5ti.

I do not have the E55ti's yet so I can not compare them to the Pioneer's stacked. This has brought me to a crossroad. I can wait for the Emp's to have another sale,that they have mentioned, or buy two more of the Pioneer's. They are on sale right now for a PAIR only $119 at Newegg. That would leave me enough to go ahead and order my SVS sub. Has any one else done a comparision between these speakers?

Anyone have any thoughts on what you would do? I already have the center that matches the FS51's so all I would need are the two towers.
post #262 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 388
how are you wiring the stacked Pioneers?

Do you have photo of how the speakers look stacked?

Afro GT
post #263 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwe416 View Post

Anyone have any thoughts on what you would do? I already have the center that matches the FS51's so all I would need are the two towers.

I'd stick with the EMP's. I have a pair of the BS21's that I was listening to until the 55's arrived and do not care for them. They sounded to nasally to me and sounded like they were too far away. Listening to anything but loss-less music was not good imo.
post #264 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

I'd stick with the EMP's. I have a pair of the BS21's that I was listening to until the 55's arrived and do not care for them. They sounded to nasally to me and sounded like they were too far away. Listening to anything but loss-less music was not good imo.

That is because the bs21s just arent as good as the rest of the line. The BS41s and FS51s sound much better.

I'm interested in double stacking FS51s now. Is that person using 4 channels to power them?
post #265 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:

I did this experiment with the FS51. I also have the BS21 speakers and I also do not care for them.

All I did was stack them and ran a jumper wire between the FS51 towers to just see what they would sound like.

Sorry for the bad pic. Camera battery is dead so I had to take with phone.
LL
post #266 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I did this experiment with the FS51. I also have the BS21 speakers and I also do not care for them.

Nice...lol

I got about the same feeling, that after hearing the 55's that my next upgrade will be a line array setup. Just something about the sound of a stack of vertical speakers.
post #267 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:

All I did was stack them and ran a jumper wire between the FS51 towers to just see what they would sound like.

Sorry for the bad pic. Camera battery is dead so I had to take with phone.

That looks like an accident waiting to happen. One nice deep bass note from your sub (when you buy it) and one tower topels down crashing into the TV.

Get the emp's and call it a day.
post #268 of 3427 Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM

i'm happy with my setup but damn, when is emptek gonna post their sale?? 2.0 doesn't sound too bad but i can't imagine after having the complete setup and having mcaa calibration performed how much better it's gonna sound! EMPTEK, please hurry before the wife changes her mind!!!!
post #269 of 3427 Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:

i'm happy with my setup but damn, when is emptek gonna post their sale?? 2.0 doesn't sound too bad but i can't imagine after having the complete setup and having mcaa calibration performed how much better it's gonna sound! EMPTEK, please hurry before the wife changes her mind!!!!

Per an email this morning I was told the sale is still coming and would be this week or next.
post #270 of 3427 Old 03-06-2012, 11:27 AM

Audioholics did a review of the dual 10" subwoofer.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...er-review.html

It did pretty well.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emp , Emp Tek , Emp Tek E10s Subwoofer , Emp Tek Ef30c Center Speaker , Emp Tek Ef30t Tower Speakers , Emp Tek E55tir Tower Speakers , Emp Tek Ef30 Bookshelf Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page