Vandersteen email contact? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-01-2009, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can't find any email support contact on their web site. Their web site is amazingly old and clunky looking, but it's still surprising they have no contact information at all. Anyone know? TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-01-2009, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Some companies don't have the desire OR the recources to devote to email. Vandersteen, being a fairly small company may be one of them. Many want you to go through their dealer network for any problems and/or questions. That way, they only have a small amount of folks to deal with on a daily basis rather than a bunch.

Good luck!

John W.
Indy
post #3 of 9 Old 01-01-2009, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Checking their website, they have their phone number right on page one.... why not just give them a call?
VANDERSTEEN AUDIO
116 West Fourth Street
Hanford, CA 93230
(559) 582-0324

John W.
Indy
post #4 of 9 Old 01-01-2009, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

[quote=quadriverfalls;15433246]Some companies don't have the desire OR the recources to devote to email./QUOTE]

Oh, please.

It's a long distance number, and I prefer email for back and forth communication anyway since I can rarely get on the phone for long during business hours, especially if I have to play phone tag.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-02-2009, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnc View Post

Oh, please.

It's a long distance number, and I prefer email for back and forth communication anyway since I can rarely get on the phone for long during business hours, especially if I have to play phone tag.

Long distance? I thought cell phones took care of that.

Sorry to insult your intelligence. I obviously didn't know you were so busy during work hours to place a phone call, maybe leave a message about a good time to return your call or set an appointment in phone tag to have a longer conversation.

Your forum name suggests you are in North Carolina maybe? You're on EST. Vandersteen is three hours behind you on PST. Surely there's an hour or two there where you aren't working maybe and could sneak in a phone call?

I only suggested it because if they wanted correspondence via email, they most likely would have posted their email addy as prominently as their phone number. Anyway, sorry I couldn't be any more help.

John W.
Indy
post #6 of 9 Old 01-02-2009, 07:08 AM

Liked: 15
[quote=jeffnc;15436481]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadriverfalls View Post

Some companies don't have the desire OR the recources to devote to email./QUOTE]

Oh, please.

A few things:

First: there is an email on their site. I forget exactly where it is located but it was not hard to find when I needed to contact them.

Second: When I did what happened was that Richard went monkey crap on me. Seems the answer to my question was posted on the site in the FAQ section and they really don't like to field questions to people too lazy to look for the answer in that section

Third: They really want people to call and only call when they can't find the information in the FAQ section. I have called many times and always had a person pick up the phone so there was never any phone tag.

Last: Don't shoot the messenger, this was just my experience

Love the speakers, the company is rather hard nosed.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-02-2009, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Sorry to insult your intelligence.

I'm not trying to rag on you personally, but I just get tired in general when people come out of the woodwork on these forums and try to tell you your question is wrong. I simply asked for an email address, if no one knows it, so be it. Yes I saw the phone number. If I wanted a lecture on how to do things in life, I'd have called my parents :-)
post #8 of 9 Old 01-03-2009, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnc View Post

I'm not trying to rag on you personally, but I just get tired in general when people come out of the woodwork on these forums and try to tell you your question is wrong. I simply asked for an email address, if no one knows it, so be it. Yes I saw the phone number. If I wanted a lecture on how to do things in life, I'd have called my parents :-)

Ouch Jeff... as an old fart (probably old enough to BE your parent), I didn't realize I had become part of the woodwork around here. And I didn't think that making a suggestion or two was giving a lecture in life. If it is, then things have surely changed with the younger generation.

But, I should have realized that something as old fashioned as placing a phone call just isn't the "hip" thing to do anymore. Everything is now automated, emailed, remote controled, texted, you tubed, facebooked, and zipped along at the speed of light.

I miss the days when you placed a phone call on a rotary phone. You couldn't change the channel on the TV (if you were lucky enough to even HAVE one) while on the phone either. The phone cord wouldn't reach. So, you waited untill you hung up, then got up and walked over to the TV and turned the dial to one of five or six available channels.

No, I didn't walk five miles up hill both ways to school, but I did walk six blocks both ways four times a day through grade school (didn't know what a school cafeteria was.... we didn't have one) and 10 blocks (about a mile) both ways two times a day in junior high (finally found out what school lunch meant in junior high). If it snowed, we wore boots. If it was raining, we wore rain coats and carried umbrellas.

There was always plenty of time to sit down and write a letter, put it in an envelope and walk down to the corner and stick it in the mail box. Time enough to sit down daily with the family and spend an hour or so over dinner and conversation, get homework done and go out and play for a while or sit in the porch swing and chat with the neighbors before a bath and bed time.

No, today.... no one has the time anymore to do anything. It's got to be accomplished in a one line post in a forum or text, or a three line email. Anything more and it's just a waste of time. What in the heck do you youngsters do with yourselves during a day that keeps you so darned busy? I just don't get it I suppose.

I guess I really AM really getting old....

John W.
Indy
post #9 of 9 Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:

I guess I really AM really getting old....

Age is just a number, IMO. "Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it." - Agatha Christie

Bears... Beets... Battlestar Galactica.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page