$2000 setup floor standing speakers + amp? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29
check out the emotiva amp sale....375w x 3 at 4 ohm rms for 500.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-20-2009, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks a lot (again) for all your recommendations and help -- just wanted to close out this thread and let you guys know what I finally did.

I ended up getting a good deal on the Vienna Acoustics Bach grand speakers so I picked those up and am powering them by the Rotel RA1062 integrated amplifier, and bought some nice budget bluejeans cables and I think the setup sounds superb.
post #33 of 35 Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmathur View Post

Thanks a lot (again) for all your recommendations and help -- just wanted to close out this thread and let you guys know what I finally did.

I ended up getting a good deal on the Vienna Acoustics Bach grand speakers so I picked those up and am powering them by the Rotel RA1062 integrated amplifier, and bought some nice budget bluejeans cables and I think the setup sounds superb.

Post up some pics!

Please donate CPU Power!
AVS Forum Folding @ Home team (55280 )<~~Current Stats
post #34 of 35 Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM

I would HIGHLY suggest towers from Bowers & Wilkins. The 684 floorstandings are incredible. I demo-ed these w/ a friend and we were both very impressed. The clarity and purity is pristine. Listening at high volumes does not hurt your ears as there is virtually no distortion(even on a mid-range receiver). Simply put, the sound these towers deliver is the exact sound the band/performer wants you to hear. They run for about $1,100 for the pair. Sadly, I do not own these but hope to one day purchase some B&W's.

As far as receivers, I like Yamaha's such as the RX V663.
post #35 of 35 Old 02-03-2009, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADOBHuK View Post

If you're limiting yourself to floorstanders, you should probably consider salk songtowers - the favorites of many people on this forum under $2k. The components are as good as you'll find in a floorstander at that price, and the finish is also luxurious.
For amps, check out a multitude of stereo parasound amps at www.audiogon.com and www.ebay.com . You can get a really solid built used amp for a price of a low-end reciever.

This is one of the best suggestions in this thread hands down.... Everything else will pale in comparison to these speakers in this price range.

The sound from these speakers is pretty unbelievable, and I don't even own them. Bass and depth of the Salk SongTowers is just simply incredible, they are an extremely well behaved and balanced speaker.

I don't even own a pair, I'm a Paradigm fanboy, but I was astounded when I heard them.

And the suggestion of Audiogon / Videogon was pretty much identical of what I would suggest. I have bought gear from there already, and there is nothing wrong with a used integrated amp like you are looking for. Some people just need to part with their loved ones, hoping to find a happy home for them....

I'll also suggest a pair of used Paradigm Studio 100's if you are only going to be doing 2 channel with no sub. Otherwise a good set of large bookshelves and a sub will also suffice and provide you with more then your asking for...

****** ahh cr@p***** you found what you were looking for.... congrats
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page