Large/Echoey open room with cathedral ceilings + on a BUDGET - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, so here's the deal. My parents didn't/wouldn't listen to me regarding audio, and went out and bought some piece of crap $69/pair in-wall speakers at Menards to use in their HUGE living room. What is already installed is mostly my Home Theater gear (Yamaha RX-V1900 receiver, Acoustic Research AR2 5.1 setup, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-Ray Player), but I am moving soon. So I had them just test out these junk speakers by connecting them really quickly and just setting in the open (obviously not in the wall). I put in Saving Private Ryan, cranked it up, and though loud enough, they sounded like tin cans with no detail and no bass. Just like I said. Then I re-connected my speakers (the 8-year-old HC2's, not even close to the highest of end for sure), and they realized just how right I was.

The room is long -- 28 feet long (not including open kitchen behind), about 17 feet wide, and has a vaulted ceiling that is angled and goes from about 10 feet to around 18+ feet high. Also, the room behind opens to the kitchen, with the ceiling divider behind the couch about 10 feet high. There is stairs and a loft above it on the right, and open entryway to the right. So, basically, it is huge, echoes like crazy, and not very well suited to Home Theater. But that's what we have to work with. The walls are pre-wired. Oh, and they sit about 20 or so feet from the TV -- a 60" Sony KDS-A3000...

Now, they are cheapskates (obviously, by their choice of $69/pair in-walls), and don't want to spend much. After much debate, I FINALLY convinced them to NOT get in-walls, as they are woefully inadequate -- especially for a room this large. I told them it cost me $430 for my HC2 setup (which came with a subwoofer) back in 2001, so they assume they can get something just as good or better for around $500. I could PROBABLY stretch them to ~$700 for EVERYTHING shipped (5 speakers and a subwoofer).

By my own research on here and elsewhere, I would think front floor-standing surrounds would be best. The rears have to be mountable bookshelves and able to be pivoted to be fired towards us. The center I am not so sure about -- probably a horizontal bookshelf-style. They WANT the subwoofer to be smaller and not such a big obvious box so that they can hide it or stick it somewhere and not be noticed easily.

What I have found, this seems to be a good deal: http://www.wwstereo.com/#/ecommerce/..._84__0_0_0_-1/

That's just an idea -- give me any more you may have! I'm doing the buying FOR them, so mixing and matching speakers from different makes and stores/places is fine by me. I just want it to work for them.

They would need a subwoofer too, and I know all about the good deals for REGULAR ol' box subs, but not what THEY want (described above). I remember seeing the cylinder subs at SVS (http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pc12_nsd.cfm), but that is WAY too much money. The total system needs to be no more than ~$700, with $~500 being more ideal.

Any and all suggestions will be taken into consideration! Thank you SO much for the help guys!

- Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow it sounds like you're describing my house exactly. I spent over $3k on speakers/sub and it's nice but not perfect. I need so many room treatments I wouldn't even know where to begin.

In any event, those Energy speakers are good and they are pretty efficient. I helped some friends put together a system and found a deal from that same store (wwstereo) on cyber monday for about $300 after a 10% 1-day only discount they were offering, 30% live.com cashback and the 10% paypal coupon that was going on back then. i got them the c-500 towers, c-c50 center, and a pair of c-100's for surrounds. so it was a step up from that system for cheaper. but not a deal that i think will pop up again anytime soon, plus that particular line of energy speakers is not being made anymore, hence the good prices, and why some models are not available any longer.

Another good line of speakers in this price range from what I hear are the Infinity Primus series. I think Frys has deals on these.

As far as subs go, this is going to be more challenging. I have dual MFW-15's and they are perfect for my room (similar to your parents room). They were also about $1250. I wouldn't go under the ed a2-300 at $350 shipped. But it's gonna be a challenge to find performance in a pretty package inexpensively.

My parents are the same way.... I end up having to give them all of my stuff when I upgrade just because they will never spend what they need to get quality stuff.
post #3 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by facesnorth View Post

Wow it sounds like you're describing my house exactly. I spent over $3k on speakers/sub and it's nice but not perfect. I need so many room treatments I wouldn't even know where to begin.

In any event, those Energy speakers are good and they are pretty efficient. I helped some friends put together a system and found a deal from that same store (wwstereo) on cyber monday for about $300 after a 10% 1-day only discount they were offering, 30% live.com cashback and the 10% paypal coupon that was going on back then. i got them the c-500 towers, c-c50 center, and a pair of c-100's for surrounds. so it was a step up from that system for cheaper. but not a deal that i think will pop up again anytime soon, plus that particular line of energy speakers is not being made anymore, hence the good prices, and why some models are not available any longer.

Another good line of speakers in this price range from what I hear are the Infinity Primus series. I think Frys has deals on these.

As far as subs go, this is going to be more challenging. I have dual MFW-15's and they are perfect for my room (similar to your parents room). They were also about $1250. I wouldn't go under the ed a2-300 at $350 shipped. But it's gonna be a challenge to find performance in a pretty package inexpensively.

My parents are the same way.... I end up having to give them all of my stuff when I upgrade just because they will never spend what they need to get quality stuff.

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it!

So far it seems that Energy package is the best thing as of right now. I still can't figure out the Sub part. No idea what to do there. Any other suggestions?

If I can TRY to convince them to go this route, would it be any better than the Energy system I linked to (taking the sub out of the equation)?: http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/c...pid=1540&sc=27

And yeah, it always ends up that way with giving my parents my "old" stuff. Right now, they will take my Yamaha RX-V861 receiver and Sony 1080p Upscaling DVD player when I move out. Hell, they still record with VCR's, as they refuse to get a DVR.
post #4 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Here's an idea...do they even really care about surround sound? You might just be better off buying a couple of large tower type speakers. At least they'd probably have a better shot of filling up that giant room.
post #5 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 06:27 PM

how about the energy system recommended above, and the PA-120 sub off of ebay for $230 shipped.

that's within your budget.
post #6 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader3 View Post

Here's an idea...do they even really care about surround sound? You might just be better off buying a couple of large tower type speakers. At least they'd probably have a better shot of filling up that giant room.

Yes, they do. Now... They didn't care about surround sound (they were content with the built-in speakers on the TV), until I hooked up MY 5.1 system and they realized what they were missing. My parents are very much Baby Boomers -- they don't want to "change it if it works fine as it is"... That is, until they experience it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMx Reaper xMx View Post

how about the energy system recommended above, and the PA-120 sub off of ebay for $230 shipped.

that's within your budget.

After a long talk, I convinced them that they are the type to buy something and have it last for decades, so they really should spend a little more and be happier with a decent system than skimping now and regretting it. I have gotten them to seriously consider the BIC Acouste PL-89 package at $1200, and to do something like use the sub as a table in the corner, LOL! Would that system be good enough? It uses 8" woofers and 6-1/2" tweeters on the center and fronts! I hope that my "old" Yamaha RX-V861 they'll be using will power them sufficiently at "only" 105 watts/channel. But these speakers seem pretty efficient, so I'd think 105 watts each would be OK.

Any other ideas, or would this be the best for them? I mean, the SVS and Hsu systems don't seem like they'd be as good considering they are 100% bookshelf speakers. Am I right about this? Or is there some other direction I should be going with this whole thing? I know the H100 is a great sub, despite being recently replaced.

Thanks much guys.
post #7 of 26 Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

No one else?
post #8 of 26 Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 98
That BIC speaker package looks pretty good. You could get them 5 of the Infinity Beta 20s or Primus P162s and a good sub and they are done for less than the BIC setup. The Betas and P162s will set you back about $60-75 each shipped. And they are a very good speaker.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #9 of 26 Old 03-04-2009, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like I convinced them to get that BIC PL-89 package. Instead of ordering off the site, I called them up, and the guy who answered was very friendly and helpful. He answered all our questions, put in the credit card number, said they'd ship by the end of the day, and even knocked off the shipping charge for us ($100)! So, in the end, the system cost them $1,099 shipped, and should be here by the end of the week!

Thanks to everyone who helped! And thank you to BIC Acoustech for being great so far! Now, hopefully the speakers perform just as well. I'll update here when we get them all hooked up with initial impressions. I know they'll need plenty of hours of break-in before they loosen up, but I'll have that in mind if they seem too "tight".
post #10 of 26 Old 03-04-2009, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I would buy two good floorstanding speakers and forget the rest.
2 good speakers sound better than crappy 5.1 anyday!!!

Trust me on this. In that size room, presence makes a huge difference.
They sound like they don't need (or want) the giant boom of a subwoofer.
Two good speakers will do the job.

People have forgotten that stereo can be a beautiful thing. I have heard
2 channel set up's that absolutely sound better than any surround set up I have heard. (of course they cost a mint.. )
post #11 of 26 Old 03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnikeJSB View Post

Looks like I convinced them to get that BIC PL-89 package. Instead of ordering off the site, I called them up, and the guy who answered was very friendly and helpful. He answered all our questions, put in the credit card number, said they'd ship by the end of the day, and even knocked off the shipping charge for us ($100)! So, in the end, the system cost them $1,099 shipped, and should be here by the end of the week!

Thanks to everyone who helped! And thank you to BIC Acoustech for being great so far! Now, hopefully the speakers perform just as well. I'll update here when we get them all hooked up with initial impressions. I know they'll need plenty of hours of break-in before they loosen up, but I'll have that in mind if they seem too "tight".

for 1200 they could have done a lot better-
and i agree with swgiust. a pair of MA rs6'S would have been perfect for them.

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

PSB T45* PSB B15* PSB C60*

Dual PSA XS30* Dual PSA XS15se*

Squeezbox*

Niles ZR-6 6 Source, 6 room Audio Reciever*

post #12 of 26 Old 03-04-2009, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

1. They wanted surround sound. They also rarely listen to music on the system. They aren't audiophiles, that's for sure -- so buying only an insanely overpriced pair of floorstanders only would have been a horrible waste of money in this case. Surround sound has a MUCH bigger/better/more obvious benefit to them. I doubt they could even tell much of a difference between 2 of the these Acoustech floorstanders and 2 Monitor Audio RS6's... And I really doubt the Acoustech's are "crappy" at all...

2. Where were you when I asked for help a week ago until now? How could they do "a lot better" for $1,100 shipped for a complete 5.1 setup with floorstanders??? These seem like a GREAT deal... The reviews are good, too.
post #13 of 26 Old 03-05-2009, 12:43 AM

You will be very pleased with your BIC Acoustech speaker setup and so will your parents. I own the HT75 (Now PL-76) and I am very satisfied with the overall sound quality. For the price they are extremely hard to beat. The PL-89 is larger than the setup I own and I sure it will perform well in your parent's large living room. Look for the BIC owners thread here and you will see all the rave reviews (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=990726). Let us know how you like them when you get it hooked up.
post #14 of 26 Old 03-05-2009, 02:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

1. I doubt they could even tell much of a difference between 2 of the these Acoustech floorstanders and 2 Monitor Audio RS6's... And I really doubt the Acoustech's are "crappy" at all...

My point was badly worded, sorry!

that said, buying Horn speakers with-out hearing them and putting them in a large room that echoes as bad as you say was and is a ballsy move.....

good luck and let us know how they sound.

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

PSB T45* PSB B15* PSB C60*

Dual PSA XS30* Dual PSA XS15se*

Squeezbox*

Niles ZR-6 6 Source, 6 room Audio Reciever*

post #15 of 26 Old 03-08-2009, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94sw20 View Post

You will be very pleased with your BIC Acoustech speaker setup and so will your parents. I own the HT75 (Now PL-76) and I am very satisfied with the overall sound quality. For the price they are extremely hard to beat. The PL-89 is larger than the setup I own and I sure it will perform well in your parent's large living room. Look for the BIC owners thread here and you will see all the rave reviews (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=990726). Let us know how you like them when you get it hooked up.

Finally, someone who actually owns something close to these that chimed in! Thanks for the feedback! This helped ease my mind a tad, considering all the negatives I had gotten back in this thread... I'll surely post back with initial impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post

My point was badly worded, sorry!

that said, buying Horn speakers with-out hearing them and putting them in a large room that echoes as bad as you say was and is a ballsy move.....

good luck and let us know how they sound.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Well, part of the reason I think horn speakers are better for them, is because they seem to like accentuating the highs and making them bright -- which to my "old person's ears" parents would most likely sound better. They are always complaining at how "muffled" my speakers and other things sound, so I figured brighter highs with more energy/impact (from the horns) would help them hear things clearer/better.

I understand the problem with the echoing, but I don't think it will be any better or worse with different speakers. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday when they are supposed to show up! I'll post back onto here when I can.
post #16 of 26 Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

OK, so we installed the speakers and everything and ran the YPAO auto-setup with the sub set to 180-degree phase with a 80hz crossover and 5/10 power. We tried some clips from a few of my typical movie choices to show off the system (Saving Private Ryan, Terminator 3 SE, etc...). It didn't seem like the rear speakers were set loud enough, and the sub didn't seem nearly as loud/punchy or as powerful as I was expecting (though it was exceptionally clean, tight, and responsive -- no slop at all). But of course there is a lot of tweaking that still needs to be done.

Aside from that, the setup was NOT AT ALL "overly bright" like some say. This may be due to the fact that Yamaha receivers tend towards the warm side -- so it could have canceled out some of the horn brightness. It was clean/clear and VERY detailed. There seemed to be zero distortion when turned up very loudly -- though with the very high efficiency ratings compared to my HC5 setup, I was a little disappointed that I had to turn the volume up HIGHER than before to get the same loudness. But that isn't really a big deal.

Dialogue was much clearer and easier to understand than my HC5's. We watched "The Express" tonight, and it was a nice experience. The presence area of the audio spectrum was just plain good. I had a much greater sense of "theater sound". So far, we are very happy with these speakers. I can't wait to tweak the settings further and get them working to their full potential!
post #17 of 26 Old 03-13-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:

OK, so we installed the speakers and everything and ran the YPAO auto-setup with the sub set to 180-degree phase with a 80hz crossover and 5/10 power. We tried some clips from a few of my typical movie choices to show off the system (Saving Private Ryan, Terminator 3 SE, etc...). It didn't seem like the rear speakers were set loud enough, and the sub didn't seem nearly as loud/punchy or as powerful as I was expecting (though it was exceptionally clean, tight, and responsive -- no slop at all). But of course there is a lot of tweaking that still needs to be done.

Aside from that, the setup was NOT AT ALL "overly bright" like some say. This may be due to the fact that Yamaha receivers tend towards the warm side -- so it could have canceled out some of the horn brightness. It was clean/clear and VERY detailed. There seemed to be zero distortion when turned up very loudly -- though with the very high efficiency ratings compared to my HC5 setup, I was a little disappointed that I had to turn the volume up HIGHER than before to get the same loudness. But that isn't really a big deal.

Dialogue was much clearer and easier to understand than my HC5's. We watched "The Express" tonight, and it was a nice experience. The presence area of the audio spectrum was just plain good. I had a much greater sense of "theater sound". So far, we are very happy with these speakers. I can't wait to tweak the settings further and get them working to their full potential!

ShnikeJSB, I'm really glad your parents like the Acoustech's. I agree with others about it being a very ballsy move on their part by buying horn loaded speakers without first listening to them because they have a totally different sound than your conventional dome tweeter speaker. They are definitely an acquired taste that's for sure. I also have a Yamaha receiver and at first I loved the the way the Acoustech's sounded because like your parents I tend to like a brighter sound but after listening to them for a few months I couldn't stand them anymore so I wound up selling them on Ebay. The horns were just too bright and harse. Especially when playing music. They just exaggerated the highs to the point where it would cause listening fatigue after only 15 minutes or so. They were ok with movies but not great either. With the setup your parents have (high vaulted ceilings etc) they were probably better off going with a more conventional dome tweeter setup like the Premier Acoustic PA-8F Titanium line rather than the horn loaded Acoustech's. They are priced about the same and all the drivers match whereas the drivers on the rears of the Acoustech PL-89 line are not even the same as the rest of the speakers because they are using the older HT-63's that have totally different colored drivers (Bronze with black center) than the rest of the set which to me doesn't make sense at all? If your spending over 1k for speakers the least they could do is make sure all of the drivers are the same. But whatever? I guess if your not planning on removing the speaker grills then it really don't matter but I like to leave my speaker grills off. Anyway, my room setup (minus the vaulted ceilings) is similar to your parents. The room is wide open and flows into a large kitchen etc. Now that I switched to the PA-8F's the sound is like night and day. Much smoother/warmer tones. Better mids and still nice crisp/clear highs that are not overbearing like the Acoustech horns. I know it seems like I'm bashing the Acoustech's and praising the Premier Acoustic's but that's not the case. I'm just giving my honest opinion because I've owned both sets of speakers. In any case, I hope all works out for your parents with the Acoustech's. I would love to hear back from you or them in a few months to see if they still like what they hear?
post #18 of 26 Old 04-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Guy View Post

ShnikeJSB, I'm really glad your parents like the Acoustech's. I agree with others about it being a very ballsy move on their part by buying horn loaded speakers without first listening to them because they have a totally different sound than your conventional dome tweeter speaker. They are definitely an acquired taste that's for sure. I also have a Yamaha receiver and at first I loved the the way the Acoustech's sounded because like your parents I tend to like a brighter sound but after listening to them for a few months I couldn't stand them anymore so I wound up selling them on Ebay. The horns were just too bright and harse. Especially when playing music. They just exaggerated the highs to the point where it would cause listening fatigue after only 15 minutes or so. They were ok with movies but not great either. With the setup your parents have (high vaulted ceilings etc) they were probably better off going with a more conventional dome tweeter setup like the Premier Acoustic PA-8F Titanium line rather than the horn loaded Acoustech's. They are priced about the same and all the drivers match whereas the drivers on the rears of the Acoustech PL-89 line are not even the same as the rest of the speakers because they are using the older HT-63's that have totally different colored drivers (Bronze with black center) than the rest of the set which to me doesn't make sense at all? If your spending over 1k for speakers the least they could do is make sure all of the drivers are the same. But whatever? I guess if your not planning on removing the speaker grills then it really don't matter but I like to leave my speaker grills off. Anyway, my room setup (minus the vaulted ceilings) is similar to your parents. The room is wide open and flows into a large kitchen etc. Now that I switched to the PA-8F's the sound is like night and day. Much smoother/warmer tones. Better mids and still nice crisp/clear highs that are not overbearing like the Acoustech horns. I know it seems like I'm bashing the Acoustech's and praising the Premier Acoustic's but that's not the case. I'm just giving my honest opinion because I've owned both sets of speakers. In any case, I hope all works out for your parents with the Acoustech's. I would love to hear back from you or them in a few months to see if they still like what they hear?

To be honest, I would not listen to what Movie Guy says about these speakers. I have been reading the Acoustech forums from first post to last as well as a few others he has posted in. He changes his story a lot about which speakers in the acoustech lines he has actually owned and has done nothing but bad mouth them any chance he gets. If he sees an acoustech line post he will immediatly post in it letting you know how much he does not like the harsh high sounds of the speakers and how glorous his new PA's are.

To be honest it almost seems like an attempt at viral marketing then anything else. But, this is just my observations, for all I know he could just be stating an honest opinions.

And if you decide to respond Movie Guy, I already know you and your friends all feel the same way, I know you are a musician and I know about your story about writing an email and having the guy respond with "you are a musician aren't you". So please do not use any of those arguments in a retort to tell me that I am just creating havoc or trying to flame.
post #19 of 26 Old 04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raistline View Post

To be honest, I would not listen to what Movie Guy says about these speakers. I have been reading the Acoustech forums from first post to last as well as a few others he has posted in. He changes his story a lot about which speakers in the acoustech lines he has actually owned and has done nothing but bad mouth them any chance he gets. If he sees an acoustech line post he will immediatly post in it letting you know how much he does not like the harsh high sounds of the speakers and how glorous his new PA's are.

To be honest it almost seems like an attempt at viral marketing then anything else. But, this is just my observations, for all I know he could just be stating an honest opinions.

And if you decide to respond Movie Guy, I already know you and your friends all feel the same way, I know you are a musician and I know about your story about writing an email and having the guy respond with "you are a musician aren't you". So please do not use any of those arguments in a retort to tell me that I am just creating havoc or trying to flame.

Yea, I like the "I have musicians ears" bit too.... here's a musician whom loves his horn loaded speakers:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post16354790
post #20 of 26 Old 05-01-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Keep following my posts and bad mouthing me every where on these forums and soon your gonna find yourself unable to post anymore anywhere. I leave it at that.
post #21 of 26 Old 05-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Keep following my posts and bad mouthing me every where on these forums and soon your gonna find yourself unable to post anymore anywhere. I leave it at that.

I am not following you around and trying to bad mouth you. I was just reading every thread that had acoustechs in it so I can make an informed decision. I was also just simply stating my observations.

Enjoy your PA's
post #22 of 26 Old 05-01-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:

I am not following you around and trying to bad mouth you. I was just reading every thread that had acoustechs in it so I can make an informed decision. I was also just simply stating my observations.

Enjoy your PA's

Ok, that's fine that your looking for Acoustech threads. But that doesn't mean that you have to bad mouth me in every thread I previously posted in. This is against forum policy and you can be banned from AVS for doing this type of stuff so my suggestion is you quit while your ahead.
post #23 of 26 Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ok, that's fine that your looking for Acoustech threads. But that doesn't mean that you have to bad mouth me in every thread I previously posted in. This is against forum policy and you can be banned from AVS for doing this type of stuff so my suggestion is you quit while your ahead.

First off, I am not badmouthing you, I am just stating my observation in that I don't see you as a trustworthy source in regards to the acoustechs. No I am not saying this just because you are bad mouthing them. I would say this even if you were doing the same to Sierra speakers.

Second I have not at all been following you on every thread you have posted on. I have commented on your posts in the PA and Acoustech threads because both have included posts regarding the the Acoustech's
post #24 of 26 Old 05-02-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:

First off, I am not badmouthing you, I am just stating my observation in that I don't see you as a trustworthy source in regards to the acoustechs. No I am not saying this just because you are bad mouthing them. I would say this even if you were doing the same to Sierra speakers.

Second I have not at all been following you on every thread you have posted on. I have commented on your posts in the PA and Acoustech threads because both have included posts regarding the the Acoustech's

You call telling others "Don't listen to Movie Guy" stating your observation? Have I ever personally attacked you in any thread? No I haven't. Yet you come on this thread and other threads personally attacking my character all because I said I didn't like the way the horns sound on the Acoustech's? Am I not allowed to express my honest opinion about the Acoustech's [negative or not]? I have not bad mouthed your beloved Acoustech's. If you read more carefully you'll see that I actually praise them at certian points. The only bad mouthing going on here is you bad mouthing me here and in other threads and I want it to stop now!
post #25 of 26 Old 05-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You call telling others "Don't listen to Movie Guy" stating your observation? Have I ever personally attacked you in any thread? No I haven't. Yet you come on this thread and other threads personally attacking my character all because I said I didn't like the way the horns sound on the Acoustech's? Am I not allowed to express my honest opinion about the Acoustech's [negative or not]? I have not bad mouthed your beloved Acoustech's. If you read more carefully you'll see that I actually praise them at certian points. The only bad mouthing going on here is you bad mouthing me here and in other threads and I want it to stop now!

This guy does not know when to just leave well enough alone. He always has to have the last work. Well here is mine towards you MovieGuy. I don't give a crap whether you like or dislike the Acoustechs. I just don't care. I was earlier just stating that I didn't see you as a reliable source due to how often the facts have changed in your discussions. You sure proved me wrong on that one. You like the PA's and not the Acoustechs. I like the Acoustechs and have not heard the PA's.
End of story, end of discussion, end of argument. Say whatever you wish to me about whatever you wish to say something about. I am done.
Now just leave me the heck alone.
post #26 of 26 Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:

This guy does not know when to just leave well enough alone. He always has to have the last work. Well here is mine towards you MovieGuy. I don't give a crap whether you like or dislike the Acoustechs. I just don't care. I was earlier just stating that I didn't see you as a reliable source due to how often the facts have changed in your discussions. You sure proved me wrong on that one. You like the PA's and not the Acoustechs. I like the Acoustechs and have not heard the PA's.
End of story, end of discussion, end of argument. Say whatever you wish to me about whatever you wish to say something about. I am done.
Now just leave me the heck alone.

Your the one bad mouthing me in different threads yet you have the nerve to tell me to leave you alone? I'm the one who should be telling you to leave me alone and stop trashing me in other threads that I've posted in. Again, I'm not sure if your aware of this but doing that is totally against the rules of this forum. I don't think your aware of that? Also, you say you don't care what I think about the Acoustech's? If that's the case then why did you personally attack me after I said what I thought of them? Need I say more? Well, that's it! I am done with you. Just don't let me see you bad mouthing me in other threads from here on in otherwise I am definitely going to report you to the moderators of this forum. And learn how to spell. I Always have to have the last "Work"? I believe you mean I always have to have the last "Word". Nomore said! Your history! And to everyone else who had to read this garbage, my fullest apologies but I could not just sit around while this person goes on to bad mouth me just because I said some negative things about the Acoustech speaker line. I also said some good things as well but he refuses to acknowledge that. In any case, my apologies and I'm done with this person. Back to the thread.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page