Official Premier Acoustic PA-8F Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 465 Old 03-05-2009, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I see there is a thread for the Premier Acoustic PA-6F's but I was not able to find one for the PA-8F's therefore I have started this thread. Does anyone have the PA-8F's and if so, what do you like or dislike about them? I recently picked up a pair of the cherry wood (not black) and so far I'm liking what I hear. I would like to know what everyone else thinks of these speakers?



LL
Movie Guy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 465 Old 03-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Newbie
 
dfitz40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked up a pair of these too. I just got them in the mail yesterday, and I'm waiting on my reciever to arive so I can hook them up. What are you running your's with?

So far you like what you hear?

If the sound is anything like the build quality, I'm in for a treat I believe
dfitz40 is offline  
post #3 of 465 Old 03-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Member
 
plusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering them myself and I too want to hear what everyone has to say about them
plusk is offline  
post #4 of 465 Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Newbie
 
dfitz40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's good to know about the beak in time. I'm going to hook them up to a Yamaha RX-V663. The only speakers I have so far are the PA-8F's. Do you have any suggestions for a center channel or surround sound speakers?
dfitz40 is offline  
post #5 of 465 Old 03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Member
 
Johnny-J5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also a future Pa-8F owner. I just bought a set off ebay today, got a great deal on them!

Im pairing them with a BIC H100 sub and a Yamaha 663 receiver as well

I plan to get some sort of Premier Acoustic front and have some Cambridge Soundworks cubes im gonna use to fill in the back.

This is my first HT system so im sure ill be ecstatic, much better than my plasmas speakers
Johnny-J5 is offline  
post #6 of 465 Old 03-11-2009, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-J5 View Post

Also a future Pa-8F owner. I just bought a set off ebay today, got a great deal on them!

Im pairing them with a BIC H100 sub and a Yamaha 663 receiver as well

I plan to get some sort of Premier Acoustic front and have some Cambridge Soundworks cubes im gonna use to fill in the back.

This is my first HT system so im sure ill be ecstatic, much better than my plasmas speakers



Let us know ASAP!

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is offline  
post #7 of 465 Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfitz40 View Post

That's good to know about the beak in time. I'm going to hook them up to a Yamaha RX-V663. The only speakers I have so far are the PA-8F's. Do you have any suggestions for a center channel or surround sound speakers?

If you want to have all matching speakers (which is usually a good idea) then a good match for the PA-8F's would be the PA-6C (Center w/ dual 6.5" drivers) or the PA-8C (Center w/ dual 8" drivers & 3" mid driver). The PA-6C costs approx $189 while the PA-8C goes for about $100 more. Personally I really can't justify spending the extra $100 for the larger PA-8C unless money is no object for you. I think the PA-6C would do a good enough job. But that's just my personal opinion. As far as rears go you can get a pair of the PA-6S for about $230 shipped. Other than these matching choices there are dozens of other choices as well but the you'd have what's called a "Frankenstein" speaker setup. I generally don't like mixing different brands of speakers. I like to have all my speakers match. Hope this helps?
Movie Guy is offline  
post #8 of 465 Old 03-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Newbie
 
dfitz40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the suggestions. I agree I don't think I want a "Frankenstein" set up either I just got my reciever in the mail and hooked it up to the PA-8Fs. I've never had a real home theater set up before, but man these speakers really sound good, and I just have the fronts 2.0.

I'll probably look in to the PA-6C for the center channel. Due to my budget I can't buy my whole set up at once, but would it make more sense to buy the center or surroud speakers first? I would like to get a sub later on too
dfitz40 is offline  
post #9 of 465 Old 03-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Member
 
plusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question for any owners of a the pa 8 towers.How would you say these compare to the infinity p362 towers.
plusk is offline  
post #10 of 465 Old 03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Member
 
Johnny-J5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfitz40 View Post

That's good to know about the beak in time. I'm going to hook them up to a Yamaha RX-V663. The only speakers I have so far are the PA-8F's. Do you have any suggestions for a center channel or surround sound speakers?

Yea going through the same thing as you, cant afford to get the PA-8F surround system so im slowly piecing it together. 6C seems like a good deal but is the 8" woofers and extra tweet worth it on the 8C?

Sound distributors on ebay has these two speakers at very competitive prices....but the difference between the two models is $100.

Im leaning towards the 6c...my room isnt that big and ill prob only be 6 ft away from the display. Hoping i wont miss the extra speakers on the 8c
Johnny-J5 is offline  
post #11 of 465 Old 03-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
zippo775's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I to have the PA-8F's, and loving them. At first I purchase 2 for the front and the girlfriend liked them so much, she wanted 2 also. Since I was upgrading my sound system and wanted new surrounds. Figured might as well buy six more PA-8F's,since the price difference wasn't much more than there surrounds.
So now I have my system: Onkyo receiver, 6-PA-8F's, Bic F12 sub, Acoustech HT-65 center. The girlfriend thought I was crazy buying four more PA-8F's, but not anymore. So I don't think I have to tell ya I like these speakers. Everything from the bass,mids and highs is what I was looking for. By the way my rooms only 18 by 15, I like how these speakers sounds at lower levels. Yes they can rock too !!
zippo775 is offline  
post #12 of 465 Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo775 View Post

I to have the PA-8F's, and loving them. At first I purchase 2 for the front and the girlfriend liked them so much, she wanted 2 also. Since I was upgrading my sound system and wanted new surrounds. Figured might as well buy six more PA-8F's,since the price difference wasn't much more than there surrounds.
So now I have my system: Onkyo receiver, 6-PA-8F's, Bic F12 sub, Acoustech HT-65 center. The girlfriend thought I was crazy buying four more PA-8F's, but not anymore. So I don't think I have to tell ya I like these speakers. Everything from the bass,mids and highs is what I was looking for. By the way my rooms only 18 by 15, I like how these speakers sounds at lower levels. Yes they can rock too !!


You need to sell that Acoustech Center and buy the 6C or 8C center. You don't want a horn loaded center with non-horn loaded speakers....

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is offline  
post #13 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

You need to sell that Acoustech Center and buy the 6C or 8C center. You don't want a horn loaded center with non-horn loaded speakers....

I also happen to be using the Acoustech HT-65 as my center and it sounds fine with the PA-8F's. I was going to plunk down the $190 for the PA-6C but I spoke with Eric/Sound Distributors and he even said the Acoustech center will sound fine paired with the PA-8F's. He told me "Listen, I can sell you a PA-6C if you'd like but I'm telling you there ain't going to be that much of a difference in sound". Granted, it's always nice to have all matching speakers and eventually I'll probably be replacing it with the PA-6C anyway but for now I can't justify spending $190 when my Acoustech center sounds fine. It does a good job with vocals with both movies and music. Prior to getting the PA-8F's I had Acoustech's as my fronts. I had them for approx 9 months and I just got sick of the overexaggerated high's the horns produced but having the Acoustech center paired with the PA-8F's doesn't bother me. It actually sounds pretty good. Plus, now having the PA-8F's as my fronts they give off much warmer tones than the Acoustech fronts I used to have and the high's on the PA-8F's are nice and crisp and are not over exaggerated like the Acoustech's. I always felt the Acoustech's overexaggerated the highs and their horns dominated everything else in between. I played my PA-8F's for like 3 hours yesterday and not once did I feel like I had listening fatigue whereas with the Acoustech's I felt fatigue after about 15 minutes of listening. But overall, having the Acoustech center does work with the PA-8F's. Right Zippo?
Movie Guy is offline  
post #14 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-J5 View Post

Yea going through the same thing as you, cant afford to get the PA-8F surround system so im slowly piecing it together. 6C seems like a good deal but is the 8" woofers and extra tweet worth it on the 8C?

Sound distributors on ebay has these two speakers at very competitive prices....but the difference between the two models is $100.

Im leaning towards the 6c...my room isnt that big and ill prob only be 6 ft away from the display. Hoping i wont miss the extra speakers on the 8c

If money is no object than I would go with the 8C but it sounds like your on a budget like everyone else these days. So, with that said I think the 6C will be more than fine for your setup. Especially since your room isn't that big and your only going to be sitting 6 ft away. Personally, I can't justify spending the extra $100 for the 8C when you could be putting that $100 towards your sub or rear surrounds.
Movie Guy is offline  
post #15 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfitz40 View Post

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree I don't think I want a "Frankenstein" set up either I just got my reciever in the mail and hooked it up to the PA-8Fs. I've never had a real home theater set up before, but man these speakers really sound good, and I just have the fronts 2.0.

I'll probably look in to the PA-6C for the center channel. Due to my budget I can't buy my whole set up at once, but would it make more sense to buy the center or surroud speakers first? I would like to get a sub later on too

My center speaker is different than my fronts. I have an Acoustech HT-65 center paired with my PA-8F's and it sounds fine. Eventually I would like to get the matching PA-6C but right now I can't justify spending $190 for the 6C. Anyway, the drivers on the Acoustech center look very similar to the drivers on the PA-8F's. They are also bronze with the black center except the black center on the Acoustech drivers is a flat black not glossy like the PA-8F's. But eventually I will get the matching 6C when I have a little extra cash come my way. Having a "Frankenstein" setup isn't terrible just as long as the speakers sound good together but what's most important is what sounds good to your ears!
Movie Guy is offline  
post #16 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusk View Post

I have a question for any owners of a the pa 8 towers.How would you say these compare to the infinity p362 towers.

Plusk, To be honest, I Never heard the Infinity P362 towers. With that said it wouldn't be fair for me to compare the two. However, I can tell you this, the P362's have dual 6.5" drivers with a 4" mid driver while the PA-8F's have dual 8" drivers with a 5" mid driver. Other than that the specs are similar. However, the main difference is price. The P362's cost about $450 for the pair and that doesn't include shipping which is probably an additional $50 or so. The PA-8F's cost approx $249 for the pair shipped. That's about half the price of the P362'S. For me personally just because I know how good the PA-8F's sound and the difference in price I would go with the PA-8F's instead of the P362's. With the money you save (Approx $250) you can put that towards something else like a center channel, sub, or rear surrounds.
Movie Guy is offline  
post #17 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Wait so your telling me that your Horn-loaded HT-65 sounds acoustically the same as your PA-8F? How the hell does that happend?? Either those acoustech's don't act like horns or the PA-8F's are really exaggerating the highs!

Plusk- Judging by the reviews and the pure R&D into Infinity speakers...the 362's are more than likely going to be a better all around speaker. There's a reason why there is a huge thread just about the 362's and primus line. The owners seem to be extremely happy...you even have people waiting for the "frys deal" just to get them.

And the 362's are $500+ shipped....if your near a Fry's their on sale for $129/per! Also, from what acousticsounddesign/sounddis. told me.....those PA-8F's are only available in Cherry and there's not many left. He just said he's trying to clear them out for the new line.

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is offline  
post #18 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Wait so your telling me that your Horn-loaded HT-65 sounds acoustically the same as your PA-8F? How the hell does that happend?? Either those acoustech's don't act like horns or the PA-8F's are really exaggerating the highs!

Plusk- Judging by the reviews and the pure R&D into Infinity speakers...the 362's are more than likely going to be a better all around speaker. There's a reason why there is a huge thread just about the 362's and primus line. The owners seem to be extremely happy...you even have people waiting for the "frys deal" just to get them.

And the 362's are $500+ shipped....if your near a Fry's their on sale for $129/per! Also, from what acousticsounddesign/sounddis. told me.....those PA-8F's are only available in Cherry and there's not many left. He just said he's trying to clear them out for the new line.

ousooner2, if your trying to bait me into an argument then you should post somewhere else because it ain't gonna happen here. Based on your obnoxious comments it's obvious that this is what your intentions were. Please show me where I said that the HT-65 was acoustically the same as the PA-8F's? This is you putting words in my mouth. All I said was that it sounds ok with my PA-8F's. If you would have payed more attention to what I wrote you would have clearly seen that I also said that I'm probably going to eventually get the matching PA-6C center. But I guess you skipped over that part? I also never claimed the PA-8F's were a better speaker than the P362'S because I haven't even heard the P362's. All I was trying to do was give Plusk the differences between the two when it came to specs and price. I never once said one was better than the other? Also, please show me where Fry's is selling the P362's for $129 each because they are nowhere to be found on their entire website. Also not everyone has a local Fry's in their neighborhood. LOL! Your also incorrect about what you claim Acoustic Sound Design told you. They are in fact selling the PA-8F's in both black & cherry. Go on Ebay and you'll see this to be true so I don't know where your getting your info from? The other thing is they want $429 plus $59 to ship them which to me is still a decent price considering how great they sound. However, Sound Distributors is selling them for only $248 shipped. They're only selling the Cherry but that's what I would have chosen anyway. They look a lot more classy than the average plain old boring black speaker and they are real Cherry wood not laminate glued onto cheap press board. The color is also a lot nicer than the picture I posted at the top of this thread. In that picture the wood looks brown but in reality it's a darker/reddish color which is what cherry wood should look like anyway. They are very attractive. The black piano gloss tops and bottoms also add a nice touch of elegance to them. When I get time I'll post some actual pics of my PA-8F's. Bottom line, for $248 shipped you'd be be hard pressed to find a better looking/sounding speaker than the PA-8F's. One last thing, If the P362's are as you stated "A Much Better All Around Speaker" than why has Crutchfield discontinued them? Sounds like your a fan of the P362's and you just came here to blow off some steam which is fine. But don't try to convince others that they are a better speaker? Especially when you've never even heard how the PA-8F's sound. That's the reason I told Plusk that it would be unfair for me to compare the P362's to the PA-8F's. It's because I have never heard the P362's so I wouldn't dare comment on something unless I've heard them for myself. I think you should practice this philosophy as well.
Movie Guy is offline  
post #19 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Guy View Post

If your trying to bait me into an argument then you should post somewhere else because it ain't gonna happen here. Based on your rude and obnoxious comments it's obvious that this is what your intentions were. Please show me where I said that the HT-65 was acoustically the same as the PA-8F's? This is you putting words in my mouth. All I said was that it sounds ok with my PA-8F's. If you would have payed more attention you would have also seen that I wrote that I'll probably eventually get the matching PA-6C. But I guess you skipped over that part? I also never said the PA-8F's were a better speaker than the P362'S because I haven't even heard the P362's. All I was trying to do was give Plusk the differences between the two when it came to specs and price. I never once said one was better than the other? I also did not know Fry's has the P362's for $129 each. Show me where Fry's is selling them that cheap because I sure couldn't find them. As a matter of fact, the P362's are not even found anywhere on their website. LOL. Your also incorrect about what you claim Acoustic Sound Design told you. They are in fact selling the PA-8F's in both black & cherry. Go on Ebay and you'll see this to be true so I don't know where your getting your info? The other thing is they want $429 plus $59 to ship them. Sound Distributors is selling them for $248 shipped and they're only selling them in Cherry but that's what I would have chosen anyway. They look a lot more classy than the average plain old boring black speaker and they are real Cherry wood not laminate glued onto cheap press board. They are very attractive. The black piano gloss tops and bottoms also add a nice touch of elegance to them. Bottom line, for $249 shipped you'd be be hard pressed to find a better looking/sounding speaker than the PA-8F's. One last thing, If the P362's are as you stated "A Much Better All Around Speaker" than why has Crutchfield discontinued them? Sounds like your the proud owner of the P362's and you just came here to blow off some steam and that's fine. But don't try to convince others that this is a better speaker? Especially when you haven't even heard the PA-8F's.



Easy Killer....why does everyone on here think that a post thats quoted towards theirs is "starting a fight"....Geez. Your not that important. Anyways, you said they sound "fine" together and judging by years and years of reviews...horn loaded speakers and non have a very distinct difference. I was simply pointing out that if you can't hear a difference than your ears..well different than most.

Any the 362's are def. on Frys.com....try again. And....you speak about not reading post....I said "IF YOUR NEAR A FRYS THEIR $129/PR" so maybe you should not be so hypocritical...?? yeah?

And I like how your telling me what Sound Dist. told "ME"! Hmm...unless your my brain then I have no clue how the hell you'd know that! Once again...you didn't read the post when I said their only avail. in cherry...the $249/pr...THAT IS WHAT WERE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT?..b/c why the hell would you pay double for the same speaker just for a diff. colored woofer? Their selling the new one's for $500 in cherry and black...but with a diff woofer color...big woop. But like I said....their clearing the Cherry one's out for the platinum cones in Black/Cherry.

You: "I also never said the PA-8F's were a better speaker than the P362'S because I haven't even heard the P362's. All I was trying to do was give Plusk the differences between the two when it came to specs and price. I never once said one was better than the other?"

-And all "I" was doing was giving plusk my input on how much love the 362's get from their owner. And telling him that Infinity's R&D department is a little bit ahead of Premier's. That's all I said...so don't get your panties in a wad.

And last but not least...why did Crutchfield discontinue them.....B/C THEIR UPDATING THE LINE...

So next time instead of attacking me when I ask how your not hearing the difference between horns and non-horns and then giving PLUSK!! 2 sentences about how well developed and high regarded the 362's, maybe you should take a deep breath and think that maybe the world doesn't revolve around your post...maybe?...

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is offline  
post #20 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ousooner2, sorry if I got your panties all in a knot. But your comments were kind of on the obnoxious side. Also, I triple checked Fry.com for the Infinity P362's and they are nowhere to be found? I'm also right about Sound Distributors still selling the same PA-8F's that I got in both Black & Cherry for $500. They are also selling the newer "Titanium" line for the same price in both colors. Check this out and you'll see I'm right: http://cgi.ebay.com/Premier-Acoustic...3286.m20.l1116

I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking you but I felt your comments were on the obnoxious side and also without merit being you never even heard the PA-8F's. Trust me, I don't expect the world to evolve around this thread. Hahaha! I have better things to worry about in life. I just can't stand when someone comments on speakers that they've never even seen in person or heard/listened to before and I felt that's what you were doing by telling Plusk that the P362's are probably a much better all around speaker? Why? Because they're made by Infinity? I've come to know that names mean nothing. Even Infinity was a nobody in the business at one point. Right? Does that mean that their products were inferior to others just because they didn't have the name brand recognition at that time? Of course not? I remember when people thought Onkyo receivers were pure garbage and when Samsung wasn't any better. Look at both of those companies now! Bose is another prime example of how powerful name brand recognition can be. They're probably the worst sounding speakers I've ever heard but because of their name recognition there are tons of people out there that think they're the top of the line when it comes to speakers. So, for you to make comments about Premier Acoutic's R&D department being behind Infinity's is unfair without even seeing or hearing their speakers. Again, I will only comment on things that I have used or heard for myself. I suggest you stick to the same philosophy otherwise don't be surprised when someone gives you flack about it. I know one thing for sure, Premier Acoustics is not using a cheap vinyl wood finish on their speakers like what's on the Inifinity P362's and the PA-8F's are built like a brick ****-house (50 lbs each). So, if you think Premier Acoustics R&D department is that far behind Inifinity's think again. You must think Premier Acoustics only been around for a few years? Just in case this is true I'll have you know that they've been in the Home Theater electronic business for over 20 years.
Movie Guy is offline  
post #21 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ousooner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Yeah but thats $500...we were talking about the $250 shipped pair! Which is the exact same thing but its ONLY IN CHERRY.

Then how does someone compare a speakers besides auditioning?

Well....You could use all the Research, Freq. Graphs, Reviews, etc etc over the Primus line and see that their well-endowed! I don't understand how one person auditioning them makes them equal?

By the way...

http://shop1.frys.com/product/522368...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Panny 65st60 / Denon X1000 / EMP e55ti / EMP e56ci / EMP e5bi / (2) e1010i
ousooner2 is offline  
post #22 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Yeah but thats $500...we were talking about the $250 shipped pair! Which is the exact same thing but its ONLY IN CHERRY.

Then how does someone compare a speakers besides auditioning?

Well....You could use all the Research, Freq. Graphs, Reviews, etc etc over the Primus line and see that their well-endowed! I don't understand how one person auditioning them makes them equal?

By the way...

http://shop1.frys.com/product/522368...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Thanks for the link to Fry's. I guess I wasn't finding them because I was typing in "Infinity P362". If I would have typed in "P362BK" I would have found them. However, they're $299 a piece (Ouch) so if they're ever on sale for what you said they are ($129) each then that's a steal and a half. Look, I'm not here to praise the Premier Acoustic line of speakers and make them to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm also not here to put down other lines/brands of speakers. I started this thread to voice my personal opinion on the PA-8F's and wanted to hear what others that owned these speakers thought. That's it? Again, I feel right now for the $248 they're an excellent product and you'd be hard pressed to find anything of equal quality for the same value.
Movie Guy is offline  
post #23 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
lilmike2069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don't worry ousooner2... he's not singling you out. He likes to pick arguments and fights with everyone... then when you expose him, he plays 'victim' and claims that you're putting words in his mouth and all kinds of other BS. He has literally gone to any recent threads with an 'Acoustech' posting, and told them 'take it to the bank' that they'd hate their speakers after 6 months, even though speakers are highly subjective, and then tried selling them on his PA-8F's when nobody even asked an opinion on the PA's.

Movie Guy... I am not 100% sure but I believe that BIC makes the Premier Acoustic line. I do know that they are manufactured in the same factory. Which, BIC has been around since 1973 and Infinity since 1969, so they have already been around nearly as long.
lilmike2069 is offline  
post #24 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike2069 View Post

Don't worry ousooner2... he's not singling you out. He likes to pick arguments and fights with everyone... then when you expose him, he plays 'victim' and claims that you're putting words in his mouth and all kinds of other BS. He has literally gone to any recent threads with an 'Acoustech' posting, and told them 'take it to the bank' that they'd hate their speakers after 6 months, even though speakers are highly subjective, and then tried selling them on his PA-8F's when nobody even asked an opinion on the PA's.

Movie Guy... I am not 100% sure but I believe that BIC makes the Premier Acoustic line. I do know that they are manufactured in the same factory. Which, BIC has been around since 1973 and Infinity since 1969, so they have already been around nearly as long.

Lilmike, don't you have anything better to do with your time other than stalk me by searching for all my prior threads/posts? Then on top of that you come here and trash me? That's such an admirable thing to do? What's the matter? You pissed because I told you how fantastic your wiring skills are? If you'd like I can report you to the admin for abuse for your above comments and lies? They can check my posts and see that what your saying about me isn't true. I never once said that all Acoustech owners would hate their speakers after 6 months? Please show me and everyone else on this thread where I've said this? You won't be able to because I never said such a thing. All I said was that "I got sick of the Acoustch's after 9 months because I could never get used to the sound coming out of their horns". I thought they were too bright and overpowered everything else. That's all I said. So why come on here and tell lies about me. Do you want me to come on your Acoustech thread and start spreading lies about you? I don't think you would? I personally think your just pissed off because you tried to put words in my mouth on your Acoutech's thread by saying things that I never said and when I called you out on it you couldn't back up any of your lies. What are you doing here anyway? If you don't have anything constructive to say about the Premier Acoustic PA-8F's then I suggest you stay off this thread otherwise you will soon be finding yourself unable to post on any other thread. For everyone reading this post go to the Official Acoustech thread and look at my post there and then you'll see why this idiot (LilMike) is spreading lies about me. He's pissed off because I called him out on the things he claimed I had said and when he couldn't prove that I said these things his only recourse is to come on here and start trashing me. He's a real class act.
Movie Guy is offline  
post #25 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
lilmike2069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Guy View Post

Lilmike, don't you have anything better to do with your time other than stalk me by searching for all my prior threads/posts? Then on top of that you come here and trash me? That's such an admirable thing to do? What's the matter? You pissed because I told you how fantastic your wiring skills are? If you'd like I can report you to the admin for abuse for your above comments and lies? They can check my posts and see that what your saying about me isn't true. I never once said that all Acoustech owners would hate their speakers after 6 months? Please show me and everyone else on this thread where I've said this? You won't be able to because I never said such a thing. All I said was that "I got sick of the Acoustch's after 9 months because I could never get used to the sound coming out of their horns". I thought they were too bright and overpowered everything else. That's all I said. So why come on here and tell lies about me. Do you want me to come on your Acoustech thread and start spreading lies about you? I don't think you would? I personally think your just pissed off because you tried to put words in my mouth on your Acoutech's thread by saying things that I never said and when I called you out on it you couldn't back up any of your lies. What are you doing here anyway? If you don't have anything constructive to say about the Premier Acoustic PA-8F's then I suggest you stay off this thread otherwise you will soon be finding yourself unable to post on any other thread. For everyone reading this post go to the Official Acoustech thread and look at my post there and then you'll see why this idiot (LilMike) is spreading lies about me. He's pissed off because I called him out on the things he claimed I had said and when he couldn't prove that I said these things his only recourse is to come on here and start trashing me. He's a real class act.

LOL I havnt been searching for your posts! How could you be so vain. I search for 'Acoustech' and you just happen to be on every single search result in the past few weeks bashing the Acoustech speakers and trying to sell people on your PA's. I'm not really sure what you are talking about as far as my 'wiring skills'? I'm a degreed Electrical Engineer so I'm pretty competent in that area. And if you'd like to report me, then be my guest.

Please show me and everyone else on this thread where I've said this?
Here you go. Granted, you didnt actually state the words "you'll end up hating them" but its certainly implied, people can read between the lines. Sometimes the unspoken words are the ones that speak the loudest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Guy View Post

Like you, I loved them at first but take this to the bank, if you have a Yamaha receiver or any other bright sounding receiver you will begin to see how annoying and bright those horns become after a few months of listening to them.

There were many other examples but you edited practically every single post you've ever made. And feel free to post lies about me on the other thread man. It will only discount every thing else you've ever said.
lilmike2069 is offline  
post #26 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike2069 View Post

LOL I havnt been searching for your posts! How could you be so vain. I search for 'Acoustech' and you just happen to be on every single search result in the past few weeks bashing the Acoustech speakers and trying to sell people on your PA's. I'm not really sure what you are talking about as far as my 'wiring skills'? I'm a degreed Electrical Engineer so I'm pretty competent in that area. And if you'd like to report me, then be my guest.

Please show me and everyone else on this thread where I've said this?
Here you go. Granted, you didnt actually state the words "you'll end up hating them" but its certainly implied, people can read between the lines. Sometimes the unspoken words are the ones that speak the loudest.



There were many other examples but you edited practically every single post you've ever made. And feel free to post lies about me on the other thread man. It will only discount every thing else you've ever said.

Sigh, more lies and now you admit that I never stated the words "you'll end up hating them". See folks, this is all this guy (Lilmike2069) has done since I expressed a negative opinion on his beloved Acoustech speaker thread. Since then he's put words into my mouth and is now spreading lies and starting crap with me in this forum. He's a real class act ain't he? I never bashed Acoustech speakers? If you read some of my prior posts you'll see that I said that they are really nice looking speakers. All I said was that I got sick of the way they sounded after owning them for 9 months because I didn't like the way the horns on them sounded but he went and distorted everything I said. To the point where he started putting words in my mouth. Did you expect me to just sit quietly while you told lies about things that I supposedly said? Am I not allowed to give my opinion on these speakers? I guess not according to you because this is what you'll do to anyone who says anything negative about your beloved Acoustech's. I also edited most of my posts because after posting I realize there are a lot of typos so I go back in and correct the typos. That's the only reason a lot of my posts are edited. I also never tried to sell people on the PA-8F's. I could give a rats ass what people buy. All I said was that I like the way they sound better than the Acoustech's? These forums are not about bad mouthing people and spreading lies all because because someone says they dislike your beloved Acoustech speakers. I'm not gonna tell you this again, if you come back here once more and have nothing constructive to add to this thread other than to start crap with me I am definitely going to file a complaint with the admins for abuse Nomore said!
Movie Guy is offline  
post #27 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
lilmike2069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Guy View Post

Sigh, more lies and now you admit that I never stated the words "you'll end up hating them". See folks, this is all this guy (Lilmike2069) has done since I expressed a negative opinion on his beloved Acoustech speaker thread. Since then he's put words into my mouth and is now spreading lies and starting crap with me in this forum. He's a real class act ain't he? I never bashed Acoustech speakers? If you read some of my prior posts you'll see that I said that they are really nice looking speakers. All I said was that I got sick of the way they sounded after owning them for 9 months because I didn't like the way the horns on them sounded but he went and distorted everything I said. To the point where he started putting words in my mouth. Did you expect me to just sit quietly while you told lies about things that I supposedly said? Am I not allowed to give my opinion on these speakers? I guess not according to you because this is what you'll do to anyone who says anything negative about your beloved Acoustech's. I also edited most of my posts because after posting I realize there are a lot of typos so I go back in and correct the typos. That's the only reason a lot of my posts are edited. I also never tried to sell people on the PA-8F's. I could give a rats ass what people buy. All I said was that I like the way they sound better than the Acoustech's? These forums are not about bad mouthing people and spreading lies all because because someone says they dislike your beloved Acoustech speakers. I'm not gonna tell you this again, if you come back here once more and have nothing constructive to add to this thread other than to start crap with me I am definitely going to file a complaint with the admins for abuse Nomore said!

Why did you feel compelled to remove the YOUR quote from this?

I'm not gonna tell you this again, if you come back here once more and have nothing constructive to add to this thread other than to start crap with me I am definitely going to file a complaint with the admins for abuse Nomore said!

You mean like you keep doing on the Acoustech thread? lol I was fine with you hating them. There have been a few others here and there that havn't liked them and I'm fine with that too. Speakers are subjective a given speaker may be perfect for one person and completely wrong for another. My only problem with you is that you keep eluding to and implying that people shouldnt be liking them because your perfectly tuned musician ears and buddy's didnt like them. Again, i've not put words into your mouth, i'm just explicitly stating what you have implied many times already. There have been a couple of others that have even noted the same thing. And yes, this forum is about expressing ones opinions on audio/video products. But it is one thing to express an opinion to someone who is looking for it. It is another thing to find every post where 'Acoustech' is mentioned and start blasting them and selling people on your PA's when nobody even asked for the opinion in the first place. We appreciate you're opinion on the Acoustech thread but what we don't appreciate is when you keep posting the same opinion everytime someone else makes a post on there.
lilmike2069 is offline  
post #28 of 465 Old 03-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
1brokebrother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Where the Mountains meet the Sea
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Guy View Post

I'm using a Yamaha RX-V559 receiver. I had the Acoustech horn loaded speakers (HT-63's) as my fronts prior to buying the PA-8F's and let me tell you, there's a night and day difference. ?

dude.. were you useing speakers designed as surrounds for your mains?? and now you have towers for your mains.??no kidding there was a night and day difference!!! ..
1brokebrother is offline  
post #29 of 465 Old 03-15-2009, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Movie Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1brokebrother View Post



dude.. were you useing speakers designed as surrounds for your mains?? and now you have towers for your mains.??no kidding there was a night and day difference!!! ..

Hahaha! Did I say I was using the HT-63's? Hahaha! Man, I never realized I said that? That was a typo on my part. Your right, the HT63's are the rear surrounds. I had the HT-75's. I'm glad someone is paying attention here. Good catch brokebrother. This is why I usually have to go back and edit most of my posts. I make a lot of typos. I'm surprised I didn't catch that because after I make a post I usually read back what I wrote and that's when I see I made a ton of typos. Hehe...... LOL.
Movie Guy is offline  
post #30 of 465 Old 03-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
lilmike2069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Guy View Post

Busted? Oh, your talking about your wifes cherry? Yeah, I busted it up good. I believe you meant "further". Learn how to spell you moronic imbecile.

Now who's "panties are in all in a knot"?
lilmike2069 is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off