Where to place these Speakers- pics attached - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-09-2009, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am set to get my Energy Act6 speakers on 3/11 and now the question is, where to run wires for setup.

I plan on installing a tempered glass shelf above the TV. The opening is approx. 56".

Do you think setting them on the glass shelf with suffice for the Front L & Front R?

Should I mount them just on the outside of the opening?

Any suggestions are greatly appreicated. Don't flame because the Hallmark Willow Angels are my wife's!
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

any ideas anyone?
post #3 of 5 Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 51
How much room do you have to the right of the TV?

Where is the sitting area? What is the layout of the rest of the room?

The glass shelf would be fine for the centre speaker, but you want more separation for the fronts. Put your left to the far side of the fireplace, and the right and equivalent distance (if possible) to the right.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gss1537 View Post

I am set to get my Energy Act6 speakers on 3/11 and now the question is, where to run wires for setup.

I plan on installing a tempered glass shelf above the TV. The opening is approx. 56".

Do you think setting them on the glass shelf with suffice for the Front L & Front R?

Should I mount them just on the outside of the opening?

Any suggestions are greatly appreicated. Don't flame because the Hallmark Willow Angels are my wife's!

1.) Nothing wrong with angels.

2.) What size is your TV? Just curious because the opening doesn't look like 56". If in fact it is 56" wide then a left and right front should work out okay sitting on the shelf above the TV. However you might not like the sound with them that close together.

3.) I suppose you are putting the center on the shelf also?

4.) Have you thought of a three or a five channel sound bar? (I know you want your Energy's)

5.) Your pictures don't show the rest of the room and the distance between the TV and the seating area.

Espo77
post #5 of 5 Old 03-10-2009, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

The TV is a 52" so it is a snug fit once I position TV into the opening(no more than 57" though) I can put the center speaker on the shelf I'm about to install or my TV sits on a stand with shelves below so the center speaker could go below the TV (if that is recommended?).

The sitting area is perpendicular with the thermostat on the wall and then extends about 15 ft. (recliner and Chair/Ottoman along that path) and makes a rectangle. There is a couch opposite of the recliner & chair/ottoman (perpendicular with wall but nothing directly in front of TV as far as sitting.

As far as distance on the right side of the opening, there is approx. 66" to the wall.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page