Speaker trouble unknown - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-27-2009, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so i could use a little help

I got these speakers for a computer i plan on building.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp.../3549&cl=us,en

ive already bought everything (monitor, keyboard, mouse, and, obviously, speakers). I do not have the tower yet so i simply put the speakers hooked up to the old family tower, which is a piece.

heres the problem: the quality is crap. the speakers could be bad, i understand. however, im still optimistic that its something else because i hate putting things back in the original box cuz it never fits. anyway, i remember hearing somewhere that its a waste getting these without a 5.1 sound card ( i dont know what that means. i may be building a computer but i dont know what anything means). my tower is a Dell Dimension 8400, it still uses Windows XP. It's not impressive. Im fairly certain it has a 5.1 channel audio card, the speakers need at least 6 channels. will this effect quality? how? currently whats happening is the 2 front speakers are relaying most of everything, the two back speakers are kind of scratchy and are really just faintly echoing everything else. its pretty bad. any help please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unless something is terribly wrong with the LogicTech. They usually sound good. I would blame the computer, it could be as simple as the audio settings in Windows, have you looked into it, most likely it needs reconfiguration. Do you have an Ipod? You can hook up the Front channels of the Logictech to test and see if the speakers are OK. It has been said the built in Matrix mode (an artificial surround option) sucks though and that really applys to anything out there that uses those silly two channel to 5.1 fake surround options (matrix, SRS, Q-sound, etc.). Turn it off. Consider getting Creative's Fatality sound card on your next build.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page