Narrowed it down; HTD Level 3 vs. Axiom M60v2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-10-2009, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After consulting with my brother, I have narrowed my choices from this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1145488 to be Either the Home Theater Direct Level 3 towers, or the Axiom M60v2 tower speakers.

I like how the Axioms look, and the reviews look great. My brother says the measurements provided look good as well. A downside, however, is that they are somewhat short, and could be blocked partially by my tall couch on the side of the room. Another issue is that they are more expensive than the HTD Level 3 towers.

I also like how the HTD's look, but my concerns are that there are zero professional reviews on the speaker. The Magnetic Planar tweeter and soft dome midrange seem like a great feature as well. Another issue is the complete lack of measurements either done in house, or by a 3rd party. The brand doesn't seem to be as well recognized either. Does anyone know where to find reviews or measurements of these?

Any comments on the pro's and con's of either? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
You can buy the Axiom's and try them out in house and ship them back for about $60. Another option is head to their web site and look for an audition from an owner nearby.

I am always leary of companies that do not post measurements.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-11-2009, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

I think I just added the Monitor Audio RS6's to the list. I think these could be the ones. However, it seems as though there is only one distributor in my area. Does anyone know anything about the rs6's or the other aforementioned speakers?
post #4 of 6 Old 05-11-2009, 08:33 PM

Might want to check these out also, RC-70. One of the best I have heard and that's a lot.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper74137 View Post

I think I just added the Monitor Audio RS6's to the list. I think these could be the ones. However, it seems as though there is only one distributor in my area. Does anyone know anything about the rs6's or the other aforementioned speakers?

I speak as a new RS6 owner. I have had them for about 5 weeks now.These replace Ascend 340 Classics. These are a major step up in my opinion. Some people complain that they are bright sounding, but I think they sounded great from day one. They have mellowed a bit since new, and sound great for movies and especially music, which I never listened to before on my living room speakers. Can't speak for the other one's on your list, but I think these sound even better than they look.
LL
post #6 of 6 Old 05-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I think the M60s and RS6 are similar in SQ, both quite detailed, IMO you couldn't go wrong with either one.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page