post #121 of 139 Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1234 View Post

but its not cool to lie. How i did it i just told you whats on the box so if im wrong i didnt lie to you the manufacture did.

Weak.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

Volunteer Moderator for the Chase Home Theater forum

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 139 Old 10-01-2011, 06:29 AM

Liked: 10
They're back in my area :
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/2610576956.html

and on ebay as well but at least the guy did said it not worth $4000
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Paramax-...#ht_773wt_1139
post #123 of 139 Old 10-02-2011, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by siusiuenen View Post

They're back in my area :
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/2610576956.html

Love how it says "NO LOW BALL OFFERS."
Low ball offers are the only thing Paramax deserves.
post #124 of 139 Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 AM

ROTFL , almost fell out of my chair, priceless thread
post #125 of 139 Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Funny maybe its an olllld thread but recently i bought a Paramax home theater system off Kijiji here in Calgary Alberta Canada.

Not knowing they were labeled as "scam"... I must say they are pretty amazing speakers!!! very loud and bassy with great sharp sound.

Im a concrete finisher, and i come home to play my pc game Unreal Tournament 2004(even though its 2011-lol).... anyhow my pc is hooked up to them and i watch movies and so on.

I have the Paramax home theater system with two towers, subwoofer and the sound bar with the ipod/iphone dock. Anyhow, I love my system!!! and only paid $125 for them :-D from some other guy off kijiji a few months ago.

Just wanna say money was wellllll spent for these "scam" speakers haha... and funny cause i bet my system is better then all you ppl on here who never had them before.

Anyways I found this forum as i just found out they are "white van" something rather. So I agree with Movie Guy person.

anyways back to watching House Season 8 Episode 4, yes with my Paramax Speakers :-)

-----Well I didnt realize this thread was so long after posting just after seeing Movie Guy in the first page... ANyways, Great speaker for the $125 i spent-----
post #126 of 139 Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 PM

I'm back... So two months later and my sub woofer finally gave up. I decided to take one of the satellites apart and to my surprise I found sand bags inside! lol That's the reason the speakers feel heavy. I hope I run into the guy that sold me this system. The cops might get called, but not by me! This system is worthless, definitely not worth my $80.00! lol I couldn't stand to see the damn name brand in my computer room, so I ended up destroying all the speakers.
post #127 of 139 Old 11-19-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-13231 View Post

I decided to take one of the satellites apart and to my surprise I found sand bags inside!

LMAO! It's not sand, it's "fine grained silica-based dampening compound" or some other marketing BS.
post #128 of 139 Old 11-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Does anyone else find it suspicious that SpeakerVanMan and MovieMixer are both members created in Jun 2009, and that they both have names that describe "what they do", as well as having remarkably similar writing styles? I also like that Calgary Alberta was created just specifically to post in this thread, and that he interrupted his movie watching to come post here. That and his writing style matches the other 2.

I wonder if we could get a Moderator to check and see if all the posters are coming from the same IP address, and then BLOCK that IP address forever and ever.

That would be sweet.
post #129 of 139 Old 11-19-2011, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
It all started exactly 13 days ago. I was walking out of the grocery store when I was approached by one white male who told me he was delivering home theater systems to customers that ordered them through their website. He went on to say that some of the customers had already received their speakers and that there was a mix up at the office so his boss told him to try and get rid of them. I asked him how much they cost and he replied with, "they normally cost $2500 but we are getting rid of them for $350". I then said to myself, "damn, it must be my lucky day". I asked if I could see them so he walked me over to a white van where there was another white male waiting. The other guy waiting at the van was in the back of it sorting boxes and as soon as I walked up to the van, he said to the other guy, "is he interested?". Anyway, they pulled out a box that had the name Paramax all over it. I suddenly realised that this was the all mighty white van rip off scam. After seeing the Paramax name, I started arguing with them about how they are ripping people off and that their speakers aren't worth anymore than the toilet paper I had just purchased from the grocery store. This is where everything went over board and in hind site 20/20, I should have just walked away. At this point, both of the guys were standing outside of the van and after about two minutes of arguing, one walked up to the front of the van and came back with a black hood and 10 feet of rope. The other one grabbed me while the other one tried placing the black hood over my head. The entire time, they just kept on yelling that the Paramax boss wanted to see me. Of course I was yelling back, "I dont know who the freaken Paramax boss is, you have the wrong damn guy." At this point I am fighting my ass off. I had no idea what these Paramax goons wanted with me. I got free and ran over to my car which luckily was unlocked. I immediately got in and locked my doors along with starting the engine. They realised they couldn't get to me so they ran back over to their van and that's when I peeled wheels out of there. Looking in my rear view mirror revealed a white van peeling wheels as well. They must have left the van door open because I saw Paramax boxes flying all over the parking lot. Bystanders were walking up to the boxes but after seeing the name "Paramax", they just walked away leaving the box of speakers behind. Anyway, a high speed chase ensued but I drive a 2012 Subaru Legacy GT with a upgraded Turbo running 12 pounds of boost. Needless to say, I got away pretty damn easily.

It doesn't end here though, for the past 13 days, I have been seeing a white van outside of my residence early in the morning and late at night. I cant even step foot outside of my house in fear of retaliation from the "Paramax Boys". I have already called the police but they aren't going to do anything. Paramax has the police around here on their payroll.

I shared my experience with the Paramax Boys so nobody else has to go through what I did. For the past two weeks, I have been living in fear of my life. I dont want this to happen to any of you. If it does, do not call the police and do not hide. Just keep running. They will find you and when they do, they have been known to torture their victims by playing their hideous speakers at reference levels.

I hope everyone stays safe and steers clear of the white vans and ****** speakers.
post #130 of 139 Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Wtf?

Makes me glad I have my 75lb German Shepherd, my CCW, and a glock .45.
post #131 of 139 Old 02-04-2012, 05:19 AM

The paramax website is very proffessional and impressing looking, and the MSRP's are very high! Please explain to me how a system that has a MSRP of $2495 can be purchased from a licensed distributer for as low as $75, must be a loss leader, or the old saying..volume, volume, volume. I'm sure you sleep just as well as i do at night, some people are just born with different sets of values and opinions on right and wrong. PEACE OUT!
post #132 of 139 Old 02-05-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realitycheck901 View Post

Please explain to me how a system that has a MSRP of $2495 can be purchased from a licensed distributer for as low as $75, must be a loss leader, or the old saying..volume, volume, volume.

Because the MSRP is an outright fabrication and has no bearing on anything other than a prospective customer's perception of the "value" of the product. Jack the MSRP way up, then offer a huge discount, and some customers think they're getting a great deal.
post #133 of 139 Old 03-13-2012, 07:36 PM

they sound so much better than my sonys apm990s. i have nothing bad to say about these speakers!!!!!!!
post #134 of 139 Old 03-14-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatkc816 View Post

they sound so much better than my sonys apm990s. i have nothing bad to say about these speakers!!!!!!!

That's because the square(!) drivers your Sony AMP 990s probably have their foam surrounds rotted out.
post #135 of 139 Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by realitycheck901 View Post

The paramax website is very proffessional and impressing looking, and the MSRP's are very high! Please explain to me how a system that has a MSRP of $2495 can be purchased from a licensed distributer for as low as $75, must be a loss leader, or the old saying..volume, volume, volume. I'm sure you sleep just as well as i do at night, some people are just born with different sets of values and opinions on right and wrong. PEACE OUT!

I got approached by these guys once at a fairly large gas station. I think they singled me out because I had a really nice truck. Anyway, I walked over to the van out of curiosity and they had a van full of electronics. They said they had an install cancelled and needed to unload this stuff, they were going to give it all away for a few hundred. At first I thought it was stolen, but then they showed me a magazine that was legit looking and the prices were outrages. I had never heard of this stuff, but that did not mean anything because there are always brands that you never hear of. Anyway, I said give me a phone number and I will call you later (Just to get away and I also wanted to go to the truck and do a search) They said they did have a phone and needed to leave, So I said OK and walked away, but then they came up with a number and said they would wait around for awhile . I got around the corner and within one search, I realized it was all a scam! The scam was to a Tee of other posts I read! Buyer Beware!!
post #136 of 139 Old 08-01-2012, 07:02 PM

hahaha, Love this thread! I actually just purchased one of these, here's
my experience!

An Honest Review of the Paramax Model P-512....

I came across a Paramax model P-512 still sealed in the box at a Goodwill
store. I had never heard of the brand, but it was appearently the gift
that "kept on giving" since the box was pretty rough and it still had tape
with torn bits of different kinds of wrapping paper on the box. Just like
the 'ol holiday fruit-cake, the person that received it as a gift obviously
knew it was no good and went ahead and re-gifted it before even opening it,
with its final "gifted" destination being a goodwill store in Portland.
The price tag said $49.99 on it, and it was blue. It just happened to be
the day when everything with a blue tag was 50% off. So I purchased it for
$25 bucks. The model is a P-512, and I figured I would test it out since
the box said "2000 Watts Total System Power" and "MSRP $3699.99"

When I opened the box and removed the speakers, I noticed they actually
felt heavy. There were no markings on the back indicating wattage ratings,
or impedance. I checked the impedence with a multimeter and it read 2.6
Ohms, hmm...

So I immediately hooked everything up, and it sounded OK at low volume. I
started thinking I possibly hit a gold-mine bargain, upon turning it up
however, everything sounded ratty and extremely distorted. The subwoofer
(supposedly rated at 500 Watts alone) is an 8 inch paper cone cheapy
actually built-in to the receiver/amp unit itself.

I decided to hook up one of the satellite speakers to my VSX-53TX Pioneer
in the garage, didnt even get the volume up halfway before the speaker
started smoking from the dust cap in the center. I have some Aiwa
satellite speakers from a super cheap all-in-one bookshelf Dolby Pro Logic
system i bought from target 12 years ago that actually handle the Pioneer
better than these by far. Im conviced the Paramax speakers probably
couldnt handle the power from the headphone jack on an iPod let alone any
type of receiver.

I took the smoked one apart and noticed actual metal slugs hot glued to the
inside of the speaker cabinet to give it weight. The magnets are very
small, and the speaker basket and magnet is of the same type you would see
in a $5 dollar mini AM/FM boom box, or a wind-up weather radio. There are
no markings on the speaker itself except for a white sticker that says
"Made in China."

The receiver/Subwoofer combo has a interesting analog "Power Meter" on the
front that glows blue when the power is on, however it doesnt work and has
no actual functionality.

Upon taking the subwoofer/receiver unit apart, it too was weighted with
metal plates and contains some of the lowest quality components ive ever
seen, transisters with no heat sinks, and besides the blue LED behind the
"power meter", the meter istself has no wiring going to or from it, and no
leads to actually connect wiring to it for functionality. The subwoofer
has a much larger magnet than I expected after seeing the satellite speaker
magnets, still no markings on it other than "Made in China."

On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being Best) as far as build quality and overall
product experience, I would rate it below 1.

Overall, I guess I too got scammed, but only out of $25, and at least the
$25 went to a good cause...
post #137 of 139 Old 09-27-2012, 11:42 PM

!!!!!!!i agree that paramax are high quality speakers but, the !!!!originals tough!!!! the ones we are talking here are very low value they look good. almost like !!!BOSE ACOUSTICMASS 10 series. but in fact they're made with cheap material and they sound like like roaches and ants fighting over a meal. cheers
post #138 of 139 Old 12-22-2012, 07:28 PM

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/ele/3495327707.html

Can NOT believe they are STILL selling this S**T!! I got a pair at a garage sale, NICE looking, but I knew
they were TRASH!! I offered 3.00, not 300, $3.00, the guy loaded them for me happily!!
In my spare bedroom to put plants on, AND FYI, HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU JUSTIFYING 150.00 WAS OK TO SPEND
BECAUSE NEW NOTHING ELSE WAS GOOD FOR UNDER 200? HOW ABOUT REAL NAME BRAND USED?????
i GOT JBL L7'S on CL used for 300, and a nice POLK set for 100, if they are passive speakers and you HAVE A BRAIN
listen and haggle and get REAL for 200, not F*****g Penimax!!
post #139 of 139 Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy2012 View Post

!!!!!!!i agree that paramax are high quality speakers but, the !!!!originals tough!!!!

What does that even mean anyways?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page