2 channel Paradigm 10's, 20's, or Klipsch WB-14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah I know I have another request. (the Def Tech 350's are now out). I listen to TV 40%, HT 50% and music 10%. I will have a sub (eD, SVS, or similar). The speakers will most likely be matted to a Pioneer SC05 also.

I just heard the Klipsch WB-14's and they sounded pretty balanced and full. then I heard the Studio 20's v4 (in a different environment totally) and they sounded pretty good. The studio 20's were powered by an Integra 9.8 and the Klipsch by a Yamaha 863. I HAVE NOT Heard the Studio 10's yet. Don't know if I can either.

I can pick up the Klipsch for $100 less than the Studio 10's and the Studio 10's for $250 less than the Studio 20's.

Would you guys spend the extra $250 on the Studio 20's? Do they offer THAT much more midrange? I assume the highs sound pretty similar (which I liked). I did hear the Studio 20's with some rap and they seemed like they lacked some punch (but isn't that what my sub will pick up?)

Thank you all for all the valuable information in the past posts. I have read every thread on the paradigm, but most people don't listen to rap and hip hop and have dedicated rooms with Studio 60, and Studio 100's (I just can't justify that right now (space and money).

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-23-2009, 02:08 AM
AVS Special Member

You'll have more luck reading and auditioning than you will by starting another new thread. Go out and let YOUR ears tell you which speakers to get...it's a lot more fun and you'll hopefully end up with something that YOU like.

Jason

Custom Built For The Win!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2009, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Jason,

I TOTALLY agree, but all the shop I have to goto are MILES away from each other and I forget what they sound like.

Today I am going to test out the Studio 10's and see what they sound like. I wonder if they are worth the money over the 20's.

I can get the 10's for $200 less than the 20's. The 20's are v4 though.

Thoughts on THAT?

Wanna make me some stands for them?
post #4 of 4 Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread but I was wondering if you ever made the comparison for the Studio 10s to 20s. I'm sitting in this boat right now and I might go to the store to see what's up. I was thinking about doing a 3 front setup with LCR being the 10s or 20s. Let me know if you ever decided. Thanks.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page