Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmryan821 View Post

I'm not sure what thirdeye was referring to but I did notice this on audiogon:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....vailable.-acou

I have no affiliation with the seller.

Yea, I saw those. I thought he was stating you could get "new" triple 8s for less than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 278 Old 11-18-2009, 08:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 View Post

Mastermaybe,
Have you had as great an experience with your full-range speakers during movie watching with no sub? Mark explained what these speakers were designed for, and you know what 99.9% of people are using them for, so their value is extremely reasonable. I personally think it would be impossible to get a single tower full-ranged speaker to outperform a Seaton/Danley/JTR speaker and subwoofer setup in a home theater.

I will agree. I don't think any tower will go low enough for home theater on it's own. My speakers can go to 20 hz in room but I still miss information during some scenes.
post #273 of 278 Old 11-18-2009, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post

Yea, I saw those. I thought he was stating you could get "new" triple 8s for less than that.

Gotcha. Though I think Jeff had some unused older ones that he was selling on his forum. Still not brand new 2010 Triple 8's though. So I've got no idea where to get new ones for less than $1200. Sorry couldn't be more help.
post #274 of 278 Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I thought you did not want to spend more money. If you are spending more money then the rockets I would suggest the triple 8's easily. Of course I would recommend the big JBL's but they are huge and ugly. I think you are still used to that laid back sound which the JTR's are not. They will not throw out the sound like a horn though so you may like them. The 8340A's do sound very different then the 3622N's. I would also recommend you looking at the Danley SH-100's or the Seaton sparks.
post #275 of 278 Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Just like anything else in life, some people will find a way to get lucky, barter or negotiate for good will from distributors or the mfg. If you get a full package Jeff sounds reasonable and may very well work with you, he is his own company and has 100% levity.
post #276 of 278 Old 11-18-2009, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

I thought you did not want to spend more money. If you are spending more money then the rockets I would suggest the triple 8's easily. Of course I would recommend the big JBL's but they are huge and ugly. I think you are still used to that laid back sound which the JTR's are not. They will not throw out the sound like a horn though so you may like them. The 8340A's do sound very different then the 3622N's. I would also recommend you looking at the Danley SH-100's or the Seaton sparks.

I don't WANT to spend money, it just has a way of spending itself. I was looking at the Klipsch 650s but i've read the JTR out perform them, would you agree???

I love my Rockets and when I upgrade they'll move into the living room to replace my Paradigms. The 8340s just didn't cut it for me, they did however really throw out every whisper and make every word "very" in your face. Just like a movie theater. This is what I'm after, this and the ability to sound "really good" (doesn't have to be awesome) at music, mainly tracks on movies.

I know the 3622s would do it, they have a great Frequency response and I know you lov'em. they would just require me to build a false wall and add acoustic screen.... I really love my room and don't want to change it, I put a lot of work into it.
post #277 of 278 Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Depends on price, I think the Klipsch would be great for $500 each but if you are spending the full retail then the JTR's are the way to go. The Klipsch's are very nice and sound great.
post #278 of 278 Old 11-18-2009, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

Depends on price, I think the Klipsch would be great for $500 each but if you are spending the full retail then the JTR's are the way to go. The Klipsch's are very nice and sound great.

What would you say is the big difference with the JTR over the Klipsch?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page