Dream Job - Build the ultimate high-end system...BUT - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the speakers need to be slim, thin profile speakers....

i've got the kuro 500m. at 2.5 inches thick, i'm going to wall mount it. i'd like to also either wall mount or in-wall my 2 front and center speakers (sub and surround pairs don't necessarily have to be slim profile.)

i've got the sc-07 receiver powering them...it's an 8 ohm receiver, so i'd like to ideally match the receiver and speakers all at 8 ohms.

budget is $15,000.

room size is 16x22 ft, rectangle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
Look into Triad in walls. Gold or Silver Inwall models.
http://www.triadspeakers.com/

You don't necessarily have to stick to 8 ohm nominal speakers. The SC-07 can probably handle lower ohm speakers, it just depends on the particular speakers. Most ICEPower amps (like those found in that receiver) can handle a 4ohm load. Also, if you are spending $15k on speakers, you could spend a little less on speakers and go with an external amp for the front channels if needed.

If you are thinking to get Triad speakers, ask Paul in the Triad thread if the SC-07 can handle their 4 ohm speakers. As he will explain to you, a lot of receivers don't give good specs on how they can handle lower loads. For example, just because Pioneer rates the power at 8ohms, doesn't mean it can't handle lower ohm loads. Paul has lots of experience mating different receivers to his Triad speakers, so he can tell you for sure if the Pioneer will mate well.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantagesc View Post

Look into Triad in walls. Gold or Silver Inwall models.
http://www.triadspeakers.com/

You don't necessarily have to stick to 8 ohm nominal speakers. The SC-07 can probably handle lower ohm speakers, it just depends on the particular speakers. Most ICEPower amps (like those found in that receiver) can handle a 4ohm load. Also, if you are spending $15k on speakers, you could spend a little less on speakers and go with an external amp for the front channels if needed.

If you are thinking to get Triad speakers, ask Paul in the Triad thread if the SC-07 can handle their 4 ohm speakers. As he will explain to you, a lot of receivers don't give good specs on how they can handle lower loads. For example, just because Pioneer rates the power at 8ohms, doesn't mean it can't handle lower ohm loads. Paul has lots of experience mating different receivers to his Triad speakers, so he can tell you for sure if the Pioneer will mate well.

thanks for the triad speakers info...def check it out.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by owwo View Post

i've got the kuro 500m. at 2.5 inches thick, i'm going to wall mount it. i'd like to also either wall mount or in-wall my 2 front and center speakers (sub and surround pairs don't necessarily have to be slim profile.)

i've got the sc-07 receiver powering them...it's an 8 ohm receiver, so i'd like to ideally match the receiver and speakers all at 8 ohms.

budget is $15,000.

Most of my clients prefer the Dali Phantoms for inwall and in ceiling speakers, so that is what I get most for HIGH END HT.

But, one of my distributors sent me an e-flyer the other day that I just looked at briefly and I could have sworn that Pioneer now has some ELITE level wall and ceiling speakers.

The pics didn't look like anything in the Triad or Dali league, but I admit I just glanced.

Regards,

John
CENTURY CITY AV
post #5 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by owwo View Post

budget is $15,000.

If you are going to go with in-walls, I wouldn't spend 15k. While there are some great in/on-wall speakers, there is only so much you can get from them.

I would say 3-4k should get you a nice in-wall speaker setup. DT makes pretty solid in-walls, with their own enclosures. Triad is another great manufacturer.

What are you looking to do as far as subs?
post #6 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

If you are going to go with in-walls, I wouldn't spend 15k. While there are some great in/on-wall speakers, there is only so much you can get from them.

I would say 3-4k should get you a nice in-wall speaker setup. DT makes pretty solid in-walls, with their own enclosures. Triad is another great manufacturer.

What are you looking to do as far as subs?

+1

Another option is Klipsch THX Ultra2 inwalls

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...-thx-overview/

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/product...-thx-overview/
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page