**The Official Seaton Sound Speaker Thread** - Page 32 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

post #931 of 935 Old 02-25-2015, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Wish seaton would come out with the updated Sparks already instead of another amazing sub. I think it's been over a year since the last sparks been discontinued
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 935 Old 02-25-2015, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony4k View Post
Wish seaton would come out with the updated Sparks already instead of another amazing sub. I think it's been over a year since the last sparks been discontinued
I had a great conversation with Mark a few weeks ago and it sounds like he is close.
post #933 of 935 Old Today, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I hope my new 8Cs work out for me, but if they don't then I may need to return (or sell) my new cherry Catalyst 8Cs that I just got last week if I am not able to get correct positioning in my room. Right now they are not on stands (just on temp platforms), so they aren't at the correct height. Audyssey is degrading the sound as it greatly bumps up the higher frequencies and dramatically reduces the frequencies (hopefully just due to the current speaker height and nothing else), so the sound is much better w/o any EQing at this time, but I know it needs some proper EQ'ing to get more accurate sound. My space is very limited for where i can put them (8ft), so my options are very limited in terms of placement. I have GIK bass traps in my corners but don't really have ability for much in terms of treating first reflection points (but do have fabric/absorbing couch on the one side). The fact that I had to get a new TV to enable me to put the center Cat8C on a stand increased the overall investment even more.

I got a good deal on them as they were red cherry cabinets Mark has had stored and was going to stain them black if he didn't sell them, and I luckily happened to ask him about 8Cs right when he was getting ready to post them for sale(all new drivers/parts, etc.). If I decide to sell them due to an inability to correct my room EQ issues, then I'd look to pass the deal onto someone here first (<$7k) or I will just return them to Mark (eating shipping costs) if there are no takers.

PM me if you would be interested. I'm posting this now since I'm still about 3 weeks away (hopefully) from getting my stands, so if they don't work out then I'll have limited time to sell them before I'd need to return them within the return window.

Last edited by zdoggz; Today at 08:19 AM.
post #934 of 935 Old Today, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Zdoggz: before returning or selling your speakers, build some stands out of 2x4's from home depot - which is what i did. U wont need to spend much $ and u will know how they will
Sound. U bought great speakers at a great price. It takes some effort and time to get what you paid for!!

New Theater

Don't count the years. Make the years count. Lou Holtz
post #935 of 935 Old Today, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 25
audioguy: Yeah, that isn't a bad idea. Mark offered to send me temp stands if I paid shipping ($63), so maybe it would be worth doing that too or just building quick stands...not sure how much in materials itll be, but I can look into that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Surround Sound Speaker Placement