**The Official Seaton Sound Speaker Thread** - Page 32 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 46Likes
post #931 of 950 Old 02-25-2015, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Wish seaton would come out with the updated Sparks already instead of another amazing sub. I think it's been over a year since the last sparks been discontinued
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 950 Old 02-25-2015, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony4k View Post
Wish seaton would come out with the updated Sparks already instead of another amazing sub. I think it's been over a year since the last sparks been discontinued
I had a great conversation with Mark a few weeks ago and it sounds like he is close.
post #933 of 950 Old 02-27-2015, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I hope my new 8Cs work out for me, but if they don't then I may need to return (or sell) my 3 new cherry Catalyst 8Cs that I just got last week if I am not able to get correct positioning in my room. Right now they are not on stands (just on temp platforms), so they aren't at the correct height. Audyssey is degrading the sound as it greatly bumps up the higher frequencies and dramatically reduces the frequencies (hopefully just due to the current speaker height and nothing else), so the sound is much better w/o any EQing at this time, but I know it needs some proper EQ'ing to get more accurate sound. My space is very limited for where i can put them (8ft), so my options are very limited in terms of placement. I have GIK bass traps in my corners but don't really have ability for much in terms of treating first reflection points (but do have fabric/absorbing couch on the one side). The fact that I had to get a new TV to enable me to put the center Cat8C on a stand increased the overall investment even more.

I got a good deal on them as they were red cherry cabinets Mark has had stored and was going to stain them black if he didn't sell them, and I luckily happened to ask him about 8Cs right when he was getting ready to post them for sale(all new drivers/parts, etc.). If I decide to sell them due to an inability to correct my room EQ issues, then I'd look to pass the deal onto someone here first or I will just return them to Mark (eating shipping costs) if there are no takers.

PM me if you would be interested. I'm posting this now since I'm still about 3 weeks away (hopefully) from getting my stands, so if they don't work out then I'll have limited time to sell them before I'd need to return them within the return window.

Last edited by zdoggz; 02-27-2015 at 09:23 AM.
post #934 of 950 Old 02-27-2015, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Zdoggz: before returning or selling your speakers, build some stands out of 2x4's from home depot - which is what i did. U wont need to spend much $ and u will know how they will
Sound. U bought great speakers at a great price. It takes some effort and time to get what you paid for!!

New Theater

Romans 10:9-10;17

FS: Seaton Catalysts and Sparks - Price Reduced

Obsessed is just a word the ill-informed use to describe the dedicated
post #935 of 950 Old 02-27-2015, 08:55 AM

audioguy: Yeah, that isn't a bad idea. Mark offered to send me temp stands if I paid shipping ($63), so maybe it would be worth doing that too or just building quick stands...not sure how much in materials itll be, but I can look into that.
post #936 of 950 Old 03-13-2015, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 386
For those who don't follow our forum or fb page, I posted this to the forum this afternoon:

10 years ago today Seaton Sound, Inc. transitioned from an idea to a formal business entity.

I wanted to take a moment to thank our many customers and supporters, both domestic and far abroad, for the amazing enthusiasm for the products and designs we have made available. To have evolved from a 2 car garage shop overflowing to 1, 2 and then 3 storage spaces to be going on 5.5 years in our 3600 sq.ft. facility with a few employees (and myself) making a living from this venture is very gratifying.

The company and I have had some amazing adventures over the past 10 years, and some of you go back with me even longer from the early AVS days. We have enjoyed exciting product launches and even a few ideas pulled back after significant anticipation. All along the way I've continued to polish the product going out the door, the packaging, the consistency from our parts suppliers, and the lead times for the products many are so eager to receive. In the past 2 years I've significantly pulled back the public discussion of new designs after some previous experiences. I will even admit to letting my perfectionist nature delay the release of a few products. That is not to say we haven't been testing and developing many ideas.

After a great deal of testing and various efforts to improve the production process we are now getting ready to push forth with more than a few new products. I am setting the expectations high and confirming that our plans from today to March 13th, 2016 include the introduction of more than 10 new products, variations and updates. That is no small task in terms of time and resources, but will happen. I'm sure we'll have a hiccup or two along the way, so please hang in there with us for the fun ride of more than doubling our current product offerings.

The new shallow and compact version of the Spark will be first up and on display at the upcoming AXPONA Audio Expo here in Chicago April 24th-26th. We had a fun space to work with last year and were moved to an even larger room on the main floor this year. I have big plans for the room and once again will have Ken Whitcomb helping set up the video display to allow many to experience the excitement of a full Seaton Sound home theater system.

With such grand plans I will be clearing through a few particular products along with various odds and ends in the warehouse. I'll be posting these offers and trickle out information about some of the new models over the next 10 days.

Thank you again to all our great customers who have made these 10 years possible and such an adventure!

BTW, all product warranties are now extended to 5 years for both past and future products. (Previously 3 years)

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham

Last edited by Mark Seaton; 03-13-2015 at 04:01 PM.
post #937 of 950 Old 03-13-2015, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Awesome Mark, can not wait to see what you have coming down the pipe line. Super thrilled.
post #938 of 950 Old 03-14-2015, 03:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 3760 Post(s)
Liked: 2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
For those who don't follow our forum or fb page, I posted this to the forum this afternoon:

10 years ago today Seaton Sound, Inc. transitioned from an idea to a formal business entity.

I wanted to take a moment to thank our many customers and supporters, both domestic and far abroad, for the amazing enthusiasm for the products and designs we have made available. To have evolved from a 2 car garage shop overflowing to 1, 2 and then 3 storage spaces to be going on 5.5 years in our 3600 sq.ft. facility with a few employees (and myself) making a living from this venture is very gratifying.

The company and I have had some amazing adventures over the past 10 years, and some of you go back with me even longer from the early AVS days. We have enjoyed exciting product launches and even a few ideas pulled back after significant anticipation. All along the way I've continued to polish the product going out the door, the packaging, the consistency from our parts suppliers, and the lead times for the products many are so eager to receive. In the past 2 years I've significantly pulled back the public discussion of new designs after some previous experiences. I will even admit to letting my perfectionist nature delay the release of a few products. That is not to say we haven't been testing and developing many ideas.

After a great deal of testing and various efforts to improve the production process we are now getting ready to push forth with more than a few new products. I am setting the expectations high and confirming that our plans from today to March 13th, 2016 include the introduction of more than 10 new products, variations and updates. That is no small task in terms of time and resources, but will happen. I'm sure we'll have a hiccup or two along the way, so please hang in there with us for the fun ride of more than doubling our current product offerings.

The new shallow and compact version of the Spark will be first up and on display at the upcoming AXPONA Audio Expo here in Chicago April 24th-26th. We had a fun space to work with last year and were moved to an even larger room on the main floor this year. I have big plans for the room and once again will have Ken Whitcomb helping set up the video display to allow many to experience the excitement of a full Seaton Sound home theater system.

With such grand plans I will be clearing through a few particular products along with various odds and ends in the warehouse. I'll be posting these offers and trickle out information about some of the new models over the next 10 days.

Thank you again to all our great customers who have made these 10 years possible and such an adventure!

BTW, all product warranties are now extended to 5 years for both past and future products. (Previously 3 years)
Outstanding, Mark!! And congratulations on 10 successful years. Here's to the next 10!
post #939 of 950 Old 03-14-2015, 11:15 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Quote:

Congratulations on 10 GREAT years Mark! You've created some of the finest products I've ever had the good fortune to experience. In addition, you've shared an enormous amount of knowledge and expertise with us, and helped so many to improve their systems. I can't tell you how much I appreciate everything I've personally learned from you over the years.

Going forward, I wish you the best, and I look forward to the new products you'll be introducing, as well as the roll-out of the website.

Craig
Gooddoc likes this.

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #940 of 950 Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 AM

FYI - I decided to go back to my original setup and save some money, so my new Red Cherry Catalyst 8Cs are up for sale for a limited time. If they dont sell, then i'll return them to Mark before my return period ends. Price has been updated over the weekend.

Ad in the classifieds.
PS: 3 New Red Cherry Seaton Catalyst 8Cs
post #941 of 950 Old 03-17-2015, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Quote:

I want to second the appreciation not only for your excellent contributions to the forum over the years Mark, but for dragging your speakers to many GTG's over the years so a bunch of knuckleheads can drink beer and listen to most excellent speaker lineups!

I'm looking forward to the first forum member with a complete Seaton 13.4.4 setup with all the new Atmos optimized design offerings you're about to announce.....

I have absolutely no idea if any of that is true, but hey, if this forum is good for anything it's good for speculation and misinformation.

Good luck and much success with this new business plan. Go get it!
post #942 of 950 Old 03-17-2015, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
I want to second the appreciation not only for your excellent contributions to the forum over the years Mark, but for dragging your speakers to many GTG's over the years so a bunch of knuckleheads can drink beer and listen to most excellent speaker lineups!

I'm looking forward to the first forum member with a complete Seaton 13.4.4 setup with all the new Atmos optimized design offerings you're about to announce.....

I have absolutely no idea if any of that is true, but hey, if this forum is good for anything it's good for speculation and misinformation.

Is that M2 in your avatar yours? If so, what are your impressions?
post #943 of 950 Old 03-18-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Is that M2 in your avatar yours? If so, what are your impressions?
OT for this thread and there is a Seaton celebration currently in full swing.

Feel free to PM if you're interested.
post #944 of 950 Old 03-18-2015, 10:21 AM

Does anyone know if there is a full range dsp setting option offered for the Cat8C or is that only for the Cat12C? Someone was asking, and although i dont think there is such an option for the Cat8s, i would like to find out for sure.
post #945 of 950 Old 03-18-2015, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:

^^This is Awesome!!! It shows the confidence you possess in your product quality.

Thank You Mark, I really appreciate the warranty extension.

Chris

FS: 3 x 2012 JTR Triple 12 Excellent condition
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iple-12-a.html
post #946 of 950 Old 03-18-2015, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
OT for this thread and there is a Seaton celebration currently in full swing.

Feel free to PM if you're interested.
Whoops, I agree. Kind of insensitive of me.

PM coming your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoggz View Post
Does anyone know if there is a full range dsp setting option offered for the Cat8C or is that only for the Cat12C? Someone was asking, and although i dont think there is such an option for the Cat8s, i would like to find out for sure.
I've only known the 12C to have it. Don't know if it is or isn't possible for the 8C though.
post #947 of 950 Old 03-18-2015, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoggz View Post
The OUT program offers a 35Hz extension mode. I first did this for a customer using these as 2 channel speakers in a nice office, and we also listened to the speakers in this way when the guys at HT Shack gave them a listen as a straight 2 channel pair. 2 sealed 8" woofers per speaker do have practical output limitations. This works great for small room 2 channel use at fun levels, but nothing like the silliness that goes on at the east coast GTG's. If pushed hard in the full-range mode with deep bass, eventually the woofer and amps will make some sounds of distress.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #948 of 950 Old 03-18-2015, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Very happy customer for 8 years this very month . I hope the next 10 see a new explosion in Seaton products. I am glad that I went with the SubMersive and I have zero regrets. Again, a big congrats on 10 years of designing great speakers and subs. I do remember that I think it was my delivery that made you think more about packing .

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #949 of 950 Old 03-18-2015, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you Gooddoc!

My experiences from many GTG's and enthusiasts on this forum have always provided significant inspiration for the solutions I have brought to market with the hopes of bringing those exciting experiences to a much larger group of enthusiasts. My focus is always to build products that provide the means to or enable a new goal or experience, not just whatever product customers are asking for. Hopefully the new Spark finally being released and its siblings will allow some options customers hadn't previously considered.

Thanks again for the support!
Frohlich, Gooddoc and zdoggz like this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
post #950 of 950 Unread Today, 09:07 AM
pbc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Congrats Mark on 10 awesome years! Can't believe I've been on these audio forums longer than that. Btw, decided to pick up those used 8c's and will figure out a way to get a cc into my room that I posted pages back. Hopefully I can get them to work right out right in what I'm sure will be a dreadful room when I move into the new house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Surround Sound Speaker Placement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page