**The Official Seaton Sound Speaker Thread** - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 116Likes

post #1051 of 1062 Old 07-07-2015, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the DSP? Or maybe the clip lights on my 12C's are both not working -- I've never seen them clip, and I tend to watch them for a good portion of a new album when I'm pushing it just to make sure. If the clip lights are bad, that may be further explanation why my amp ended up blowing, maybe it was clipping and giving me no indication.
How large is your room? Secondly, the Catalyst and SubMersive speakers/subwoofers have a "protection" mode where the speaker or subwoofer mutes itself for a second or two if you overdrive it to the point of excessive clipping. There is a red LED that lights up when this happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1062 Old 07-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
How large is your room? Secondly, the Catalyst and SubMersive speakers/subwoofers have a "protection" mode where the speaker or subwoofer mutes itself for a second or two if you overdrive it to the point of excessive clipping. There is a red LED that lights up when this happens.
The room is about 19x15x8, open to the rest of the house, separated only by some french doors to the left of me and a half-wall at the back. I sit about 15' from the speakers, they are about 3' off the back wall.

As for the clip/protection light -- never seen either light up. Well, the protection light flashed on the broken amp after I tried to turn it back on, but that was the last light I saw .

Mark got back to me today, he's shipping out the box so I can pack it up for repair. Hopefully it'll be back up and running in the next few weeks. Until then, the Cat 8 seems to work just fine.
post #1053 of 1062 Old 07-07-2015, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 746
Bummer man. Hope you get it back quick. Sh*t happens, Mark will take care of it for sure.
post #1054 of 1062 Old 07-07-2015, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Pretty sure the amps in the cats are the same layout as the ones used in jtr's sub line. If that's the case, it took less than 10 minutes for me to swap mine out. About a dozen screws and one cable that just snaps in.
post #1055 of 1062 Old 07-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Bummer man. Hope you get it back quick. Sh*t happens, Mark will take care of it for sure.
Thanks.

On another note, I'll have to take a pic of the two on the stands before I get it running again; I find it funny, lol. The Cat 8 looks like a little bitty baby up in the front of my room with the 12 on the other side dwarfing it.
post #1056 of 1062 Old 07-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Got my packing stuff today, removed the amp, hopefully get it in the mail tomorrow.

Here's my setup in the meantime -- poor "little" Cat 8 looks like a dwarf, especially on the Cat 12 stand.
Gooddoc, Modicen, rkeeney and 1 others like this.
post #1057 of 1062 Old 08-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It has been over a month now. Has the problem been resolved?

--Carl
post #1058 of 1062 Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
When mine happened it took almost month and half. They did get it fixed at no cost even after warranty period.

It was very easy to swap the amplifier out.

Cheers

Raj
post #1059 of 1062 Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rramacha View Post
When mine happened it took almost month and half. They did get it fixed at no cost even after warranty period.

Cheers

Raj
Hey Raj, i think you got a few 1gen Sparks a while back, how are they? would be cool if you could post a pic
post #1060 of 1062 Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rramacha View Post

Cheers

Raj
SpeakerPower was rather backed up this summer with much longer turn around times than typical. In the past turn around was a few days to 2 weeks at the most once the amplifier arrived. This spring-summer they had been well beyond that lead time. Of course any time there is a repair we always have the matter of identifying the problem once it comes back for repair. Most often it is straight forward, occasionally not.

I just saw DreamWarrior's amplifier was finished up today. He'll be up and running next week.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #1061 of 1062 Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post
SpeakerPower was rather backed up this summer with much longer turn around times than typical. In the past turn around was a few days to 2 weeks at the most once the amplifier arrived. This spring-summer they had been well beyond that lead time. Of course any time there is a repair we always have the matter of identifying the problem once it comes back for repair. Most often it is straight forward, occasionally not.

I just saw DreamWarrior's amplifier was finished up today. He'll be up and running next week.
Mark

I am thankful for the way you handled my amplifier repair. I owe you a big thanks for standing behind the product. I have no complaints. I am happy it got done.

Cheers

Raj
post #1062 of 1062 Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balbolito View Post
Hey Raj, i think you got a few 1gen Sparks a while back, how are they? would be cool if you could post a pic
They are awesome. I will post pictures soon. I am glad to have gone all seaton.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Surround Sound Speaker Placement