so, im going to be getting a 2nd system soon. and im looking around for speakers. a few things to consider
1) this will NOT be a primary system, so although i do want quality, i dont expect to be amazed
2) this is going in a smaller room, so i wont be cranking it up to 11. but...
3) these will recieve a rather small amount of power. i can promise it will be no more than 50W a channel
4) seeing as its a 2nd system, i would like to be well under $300 for the pair
5) im open to used/b-stock/etc
based on the research ive done, it seems like the best efficiency i can get is around 90db. the Klipsch RB-10, and the Paradigm Atom are both 90db. i know in my old mis-matched system, my fronts were rated at 90db, and my center was 96. that difference caused me to lower the level of my center when watchign movies and such. however, ive heard if its 89 VS 90, or a differnece of just one or two, it should make that big of a difference
with all that being said, can anyone recommend a more efficient (small) speaker? its safe to assume ive looked at most of the "major" companies. also, am i really goign to get that big of a difference with volume if i find a speaker thats rated 3 or 4db higher?
any and all feedback is welcome. thanks in advance!