Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1008 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #30211 of 30211 Old Today, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I have a question Im hoping someone can help me understand.

I was watching enders game today (as an example) and noticed the bottom light on either side of both gain knobs on my Inuke 6000 were lighting up yellow when loud bass was playing.
I was listening at -5 when I noticed this, so I turned it down and played the scene again with it at -15 the lights lit up exactly the same time and length.
I also tried turning the gain knobs down but that also did nothing for the light.

Does anyone know what this means on the Inuke? Seems like it is clipping, but the manual doesn't really explain this more than to say the whole range of lights are to indicate clipping.
The gain knobs are at about 1:00.
So is 1 light bad? It lit up for about 1 second solid during the scene.
This seems like its clipping but I thought (I assume Im wrong here based on the evidence) if the main volume or gain knobs were lowered the clipping would stop, however replaying the scene at various volumes/gain levels resulted in the same light pattern.

Based on listening distance and calibrated volume I should be using less than 100 watts at peak during that time.(I could be wrong was using Crowns calculator.)

Anyone have any insight to offer me here, I want to make sure Im not clipping and doing any harm here.

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page