Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #30541 of 30570 Old 07-31-2015, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
I shipped mine to Jeff, if we are honest out of ignorance, and had him do the work. It did only cost me $100 to ship a pallet as I get goos shipping discounts. But I also needed a little repair on one of the woofer female mounting threads.

I know RMK and a few others who have done xo upgrades or xo and BMS cd upgrades and just had Jeff ship them after he built the xo's. I and everyone else I think would highly recommend the BMS CD. I did feel the selenium CD sounded very nice and clinical but the BMS has nicer high top end sound IMO. It's a worthy upgrade IMO. You have three T12's?

I bought dholmes triple 12's, I believe they were made late 2009 early 2010. Ill get ahold of Jeff and look into it. I appreciate the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30542 of 30570 Old 07-31-2015, 05:20 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
I bought dholmes triple 12's, I believe they were made late 2009 early 2010. Ill get ahold of Jeff and look into it. I appreciate the info.
This is just my opinion but I would not bother with the upgrade. The performance delta is small and there are much better ways to spend the money (like having your system professionally setup/calibrated ).

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
post #30543 of 30570 Old 08-01-2015, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Can anyone comment on the differences of the Triple 8 Jeff use to make vs the new current 228HT (not the R version) or the older 228HT that just got replaced and their implications?

Has anyone ever done a comparison? Has anyone ever upgraded from a Tripple 8 to the 228HT (older one as new one just came out)? What differences did it make?
post #30544 of 30570 Old 08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1272 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
Can anyone comment on the differences of the Triple 8 Jeff use to make vs the new current 228HT (not the R version) or the older 228HT that just got replaced and their implications?

Has anyone ever done a comparison? Has anyone ever upgraded from a Tripple 8 to the 228HT (older one as new one just came out)? What differences did it make?
I am probably the worst to give info as I am still learning the new lineup myself, however there are two different models in the 228 lineup. The HT is a two way with a compression driver and the other is a 3 way with a coaxial driver, the same driver used in the 212HTR. Personally I have never heard the triple 8's or at least I don't think I have, so I cannot compare the two. Certainly using the horns gives better coverage and off axis listening. I believe the 228 uses the 60X60? RMK upgraded from the T12 to the 212HT's and now to the 215's so he could elaborate on a comparison better than me. I am sure he will be along soon @RMK

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 08-01-2015 at 12:32 PM.
post #30545 of 30570 Old 08-01-2015, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2199 Post(s)
Liked: 1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
I am probably the worst to give info as I am still learning the new lineup myself, however there are two different models in the 228 lineup. The HT is a two way with a compression driver and the other is a 3 way with a coaxial driver, the same driver used in the 212HTR. Personally I have never heard the triple 8's or at least I don't think I have, so I cannot compare the two. Certainly using the horns gives better coverage and off axis listening. I believe the 228 uses the 60X60? RMK upgraded from the T12 to the 212HT's and now to the 215's so he could elaborate on a comparison better than me. I am sure he will be along soon @RMK

Further to what Reef said there's been three different models of the 228's. I had the original 228HT's which uses a 1" BMS CD in them and were a 2-way, the current version of the 228HT's are still a 2-way but now use a 1.4" BMS CD and have a lower crossover point and a revised crossover along with the new wooden waveguide. And then there's the 228HTR, which is now a 3-way using the awesome BMS 1.4" coax compression driver. Man I really wish that speaker was around when I bought my 228's.
post #30546 of 30570 Old 08-01-2015, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Further to what Reef said there's been three different models of the 228's. I had the original 228HT's which uses a 1" BMS CD in them and were a 2-way, the current version of the 228HT's are still a 2-way but now use a 1.4" BMS CD and have a lower crossover point and a revised crossover along with the new wooden waveguide. And then there's the 228HTR, which is now a 3-way using the awesome BMS 1.4" coax compression driver. Man I really wish that speaker was around when I bought my 228's.
Any idea what woofers are being used on the 228HT (older and new models)?
post #30547 of 30570 Old 08-01-2015, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have a question for 215RT speaker placement. Have any of you tried your 215RT's in various different speaker positions to optimize sound quality? I am wondering how critical they are to room placement. Some speakers are somewhat finicky in room placement and need to be a certain distance from side and back walls to sound good and other speakers aren't so critical and they sound pretty good wherever you put them. Do they need to be really toed in to sound there best? What distance do they need to be from side and rear walls?
post #30548 of 30570 Old 08-01-2015, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadent_Spectre View Post
If you were asking me, I have 2x T12s in storage.
Didn't mean to quote you there, my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
This is just my opinion but I would not bother with the upgrade. The performance delta is small and there are much better ways to spend the money (like having your system professionally setup/calibrated ).
Intersting, I would have suspected you would endorse the CD/XO upgrade. I did feel the selenium CD setup was quite capable and sounded very good. Unfortunately one of the Selenium CD's was damaged and needed replaced anyway. I ended up with a pair of Triple 8's all said and done (after Jeff did CD/XO upgrade) for $1200. Plus they are in the cool cabinets with the giant JTR logo on the back and the heavy duty truck liner finish with speaking connectors.

For sale: Definitive Technology PM600 HTIB, Silver Ticket 92" Fixed frame Aluminum PJ Screen. PM for any interests :)
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
post #30549 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh65@verizon.ne View Post
I have a question for 215RT speaker placement. Have any of you tried your 215RT's in various different speaker positions to optimize sound quality? I am wondering how critical they are to room placement. Some speakers are somewhat finicky in room placement and need to be a certain distance from side and back walls to sound good and other speakers aren't so critical and they sound pretty good wherever you put them. Do they need to be really toed in to sound there best? What distance do they need to be from side and rear walls?
I have 212s, not 215s, but I suspect similar rules would apply.
I prefer them in the corners and toed in slightly beyond the middle, so they are aimed a couple feet in front of the MLP.
Normally, I prefer speakers out in the room away from the walls, but this approach has some advantages with the more controlled directivity from the large horns.

Putting them in the corners eliminates cancellation from side and rear wall reflections for low frequencies.
Angling them in reduces side wall reflections and improves imaging and frequency response.
Aiming them slightly in front of the MLP doesn't hurt imaging or FR, while expanding the sweet spot and further reducing side reflections. If you angle them in too much, though, it does start to hurt the imaging.
The wide placement creates a wider soundstage. Speakers with less controlled directivity create ambiance by sending sound everywhere, providing a wide soundstage. With the JTRs, you don't have that, and I felt the soundstage was too small with typical positioning. The soundstage with wide positioning is phenomenal.
post #30550 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Señor Member

Quote:
Due to width limitations in the room (15' front wall) and an AT screen that is 28" off of the front wall, my 215RT's are a bit crammed in. I would prefer to have more separation laterally, and a bit more room behind them but I was adapting to an existing irregular shaped room so my options were limited. The L&R toe-in is slight (maybe 15°) and they are aimed just outside of the main LP and the imaging and soundstage are excellent. Resolution wise they are as good as any speaker I have had in the room. In terms of the size of the soundstage, the sound emanates from the entire wall. Dialog is anchored to where it should be and other sounds appear very naturally from the screen and beyond. I never get the sensation I am listening to box speakers.

So even with my accommodations to the room, the 215RT do everything well and have given me the best most cohesive treble to bass sound I have heard. I never think about the sound system anymore as it never draws attention to itself by lacking or overdoing anything. By adding the Atmos/DSU ceiling speakers, I've created a sound bubble that envelops you in a natural and realistic way. Could it sound better?, perhaps and I might do some things with EQ but with 4K on the horizon, my attention will likely go in that direction. Audio wise, safe to say I'm a happy camper.
rhed likes this.

Opinions are not facts.

Last edited by RMK!; Yesterday at 10:32 AM.
post #30551 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcohen View Post
I have 212s, not 215s, but I suspect similar rules would apply.
I prefer them in the corners and toed in slightly beyond the middle, so they are aimed a couple feet in front of the MLP.
Normally, I prefer speakers out in the room away from the walls, but this approach has some advantages with the more controlled directivity from the large horns.

Putting them in the corners eliminates cancellation from side and rear wall reflections for low frequencies.
Angling them in reduces side wall reflections and improves imaging and frequency response.
Aiming them slightly in front of the MLP doesn't hurt imaging or FR, while expanding the sweet spot and further reducing side reflections. If you angle them in too much, though, it does start to hurt the imaging.
The wide placement creates a wider soundstage. Speakers with less controlled directivity create ambiance by sending sound everywhere, providing a wide soundstage. With the JTRs, you don't have that, and I felt the soundstage was too small with typical positioning. The soundstage with wide positioning is phenomenal.
thank you very much rcohen, I am still trying to decide between the two models (212HTR and 215RT) so much appreciated.
post #30552 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post
Due to width limitations in the room (15' front wall) and an AT screen that is 28" off of the front wall, my 215RT's are a bit crammed in. I would prefer to have more separation laterally, and a bit more room behind them but I was adapting to an existing irregular shaped room so my options were limited. The L&R toe-in is slight (maybe 15°) and they are aimed just outside of the main LP and the imaging and soundstage are excellent. Resolution wise they are as good as any speaker I have had in the room. In terms of the size of the soundstage, the sound emanates from the entire wall. Dialog is anchored to where it should be and other sounds appear very naturally from the screen and beyond. I never get the sensation I am listening to box speakers.

So even with my accommodations to the room, the 215RT do everything well and have given me the best most cohesive treble to bass sound I have heard. I never think about the sound system anymore as it never draws attention to itself by lacking or overdoing anything. By adding the Atmos/DSU ceiling speakers, I've created a sound bubble that envelops you in a natural and realistic way. Could it sound better?, perhaps and I might do some things with EQ but with 4K on the horizon, my attention will likely go in that direction. Audio wise, safe to say I'm a happy camper.
Thank you Truly RMK! Still trying to decide between 212HTR and 215RT but think I am leaning towards a 215RT/215RM (center channel) combo so this REALLY helps.
post #30553 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
Señor Member

Quote:
Thank you Truly RMK! Still trying to decide between 212HTR and 215RT but think I am leaning towards a 215RT/215RM (center channel) combo so this REALLY helps.
No problem , I'm pretty sure you are going to like it a lot anyway you go.

Opinions are not facts.
post #30554 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
On a side note.. Are you running subs with any of these choices?
post #30555 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post
On a side note.. Are you running subs with any of these choices?
Yes sir, running a JTR Orbit shifter
post #30556 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniHT View Post
Congrats on the new ride Good thing you've got some speakers so you can listen to some tunes while cursing at the shore traffic.. My sis just moved to the Rio Grande area and I went to visit last weekend.. Got about halfway thru Dennisville and turned around, lol. I think I made it a mile in about 30 minutes with my bike hovering around 215deg.. no thanks! Labor Day can't come any faster... GOODBYE SHOOBIES! For now I'll stick to the sticks.. only thing to worry about are deer, turkeys and the occasional groundhog..

Ride safe!
@MiniHT I went up to Harley the other day to finish a couple things and I was wondering around for a little bit and they have stereo upgrades and you can A/B each series. I actually think the stock Nav/speaker system sounds really good. However I listed to the upgraded speaker and amp set up and it really sounds sooooo much better, deeper and fuller. I am going to look into so other off market set ups, but for now, I am pretty happy with the tunes and right now money is going into the internal sound system Would be cool to drop in 4 single 8's and a sub in the trunk! hmmmmmm

What are you back in Estell Manor area. I cut through there to go to May Landing and I actually like those long wooded roads, I would live out there. There are people that believe if you are 10 miles off the parkway, you are indeed a shoobie to. LOL. As far as the shoobies, I cannot stand them either, but they bring in the entire economy other than some things the region provides, so you just have to deal with it and smile. On the other hand, I love going to my local grocery store and there being 100's of hot chicks and some in just plain bikinis and the other with the see throughs. Shoobies do have their perks.

Last edited by Reefdvr27; Yesterday at 04:28 PM.
post #30557 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Big thanks to CountryWV for the JTR Triple 12 HTs. I have them hooked up to a horrible Sony amp and rocked out to the Metallica - Through the Never Blu-ray and a few clips from the Home Theater Demo discs from AVS and oh my god... Coming from some bookshelf B&Ws, large Denons and a few other setups, these are in a completely different league. I settled in and watched a few movies after playing them way too loud (but surprisingly not fatiguing) and the detail and dialogue was unlike anything I've heard before. All of this coming from an untreated space with a quick calibration.

I cannot wait to build out a dedicated space in the adjacent room and surround myself with JTR speakers and a nice AVR. Next on the list is a sub or two from the JTR offerings. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their reviews of these speakers over the years. They have been a dream speaker of mine for quite a while and are everything I was hoping for and more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Triple 12.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	865058  
post #30558 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyneric View Post
Big thanks to CountryWV for the JTR Triple 12 HTs. I have them hooked up to a horrible Sony amp and rocked out to the Metallica - Through the Never Blu-ray and a few clips from the Home Theater Demo discs from AVS and oh my god... Coming from some bookshelf B&Ws, large Denons and a few other setups, these are in a completely different league. I settled in and watched a few movies after playing them way too loud (but surprisingly not fatiguing) and the detail and dialogue was unlike anything I've heard before. All of this coming from an untreated space with a quick calibration.

I cannot wait to build out a dedicated space in the adjacent room and surround myself with JTR speakers and a nice AVR. Next on the list is a sub or two from the JTR offerings. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their reviews of these speakers over the years. They have been a dream speaker of mine for quite a while and are everything I was hoping for and more.
Nice! That is one thing I have told many people on how you can stick a pair of JTR's in a room and push play and have them sound fantastic. I have been been retooling my theater and I reset the microprocessor on my X7200WA and set it to out of the box. I then slid in lone survivor for a few test and watched the entire movie without making one adjustment and it sounded incredible!!

You have a nice looking room there and congrats on the new JTR's. I am sure you know this, but you want to get them up off the floor so the CD is closer to ear level. Jeff sells stands or you can whip something up. I used milk crates for a bit while I was waiting for my stands for my 212's. Welcome to the club, it only gets better, I am sure a pair of Caps or S2's will have you smiling ear to ear.
Naylorman32 likes this.
post #30559 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes sir, running a JTR Orbit shifter
Ok here's my take on the 215's with subs. So after doing extensive trials and testing. With movies, I prefer running my 215's with subs. Even if you set the mains to large and put a X/O point. The receiver or pre pro will still send the LFE to the subs. I've done testing to this by shutting off the power on my subs and switch between large and small. Yet still having set yes to subs in the receiver. When set to large I can tell from hearing that no LFE goes to the mains. Now when I select no to subs and leave it large. Then damn, the 215's put put out the guns in the LFE. Now, in my receiver there's a plus to subs setting which when I listen to music I enable. Setting the mains to large in stereo mode with plus to subs makes both run in FR all down the spectrum. Well the subs has its limitations to FR of course. But down low is where both my subs and speakers play nicely but with authority together. I'd tried using it this way with movies. But it just seems boomy and out of whack. I guess ported and sealed takes time to calibrate to work in sync together. And unfortunately, REW does not allow you to leave the mains to large. So I can't dial it in if I wanna go that route. So, I've come to conclusion that when I wanna get heavy in movies, with a good pounding to my body. I'd set my my 215's to small crossing over to the quad S2's. I like it better like that. Because movies is more dynamic then music. But most time I have my subs sleeping and just running my speakers full range with NO to subs. Even this route with the 215's is more then enough. Especially if you get these speakers calibrated down to the Tee like Rob. I've heard he's system with the 215's running solo. Awesome setup.. So the point I'm trying to get across here is if your run your OS with the 215's at FR. It's a waste for the speakers potential cause it doesn't work that way once you enable yes to subs and a X/O point. I'd rather look into the 212's and save get another or three more OS. JMHO...
RMK! and countryWV like this.

Last edited by rhed; Yesterday at 07:53 PM.
post #30560 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Ok here's my take on the 215's with subs. So after doing extensive trials and testing. With movies, I prefer running my 215's with subs. Even if you set the mains to large and put a X/O point. The receiver or pre pro will still send the LFE to the subs. I've done testing to this by shutting off the power on my subs and switch between large and small. Yet still having set yes to subs in the receiver. When set to large I can tell from hearing that no LFE goes to the mains. Now when I select no to subs and leave it large. Then damn, the 215's put put out the guns in the LFE. Now, in my receiver there's a plus to subs setting which when I listen to music I enable. Setting the mains to large in stereo mode with plus to subs makes both run in FR all down the spectrum. Well the subs has its limitations to FR of course. But down low is where both my subs and speakers play nicely but with authority together. I'd tried using it this way with movies. But it just seems boomy and out of whack. I guess ported and sealed takes time to calibrate to work in sync together. And unfortunately, REW does not allow you to leave the mains to large. So I can't dial it in if I wanna go that route. So, I've come to conclusion that when I wanna get heavy in movies, with a good pounding to my body. I'd set my my 215's to small crossing over to the quad S2's. I like it better like that. Because movies is more dynamic then music. But most time I have my subs sleeping and just running my speakers full range with NO to subs. Even this route with the 215's is more then enough. Especially if you get these speakers calibrated down to the Tee like Rob. I've heard he's system with the 215's running solo. Awesome setup.. So the point I'm trying to get across here is if your run your OS with the 215's at FR. It's a waste for the speakers potential cause it doesn't work that way once you enable yes to subs and a X/O point. I'd rather look into the 212's and save get another or three more OS. JMHO...
This GREAT feedback for me rhed, thanks for sharing the results of all of your testing in all of the various scenarios. I have been somewhat leaning towards the 215RT's due to the feedback about the 215RT's sounding a little more "laidback" and better on music than the 212HT's however i emailed Jeff and he was asking me what specific models the comments were made about, I mentioned i wasn't sure because by his response the 2015 212HTR's and 215RT's with the new driver should have a much "fuller" sound and should not sound very much different between the two models.
post #30561 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This GREAT feedback for me rhed, thanks for sharing the results of all of your testing in all of the various scenarios. I have been somewhat leaning towards the 215RT's due to the feedback about the 215RT's sounding a little more "laidback" and better on music than the 212HT's however i emailed Jeff and he was asking me what specific models the comments were made about, I mentioned i wasn't sure because by his response the 2015 212HTR's and 215RT's with the new driver should have a much "fuller" sound and should not sound very much different between the two models.
Exactly! I wouldn't doubt the 212HTR and the 215RT sound exactly the same if both were set to small. So this brings the question. Are you a bass junkie? If yes, then I'd go save some money to go with the 212's and th rest go to another OS. Or, if you're a bass junkie with a simple, space saving, yet VERY effective setup without subs.. 215's all the way.. Now if money is no object, 3 215's, 3 more OS to your one, 6 slanted 8's for surrounds and ATMOS.. OH, and don't forget the xternal power for you're 215's. Those suckers are hungry beast..
post #30562 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1397 Post(s)
Liked: 979
Quote:
Oh yes, I've tried all speaker placement options available in my room.

For me having the speakers wide is the best by far for 2 channel music - and works just fine for movies too. I also prefer them out a few feet from the front wall.

I wouldn't say that my preference is just for the 215's though, when I had my 212's and also the JBL 4722 it was the same thing - I liked them wide and out from the front wall.

I have also tried all kinds of toe in. If I use a lot of toe in the sweet spot does indeed widen, but I prefer the sound when I have them toed in not as much so that they are aimed just outside the sweet spot seat.

All this is personal preference though IMO, and each person might like something different.
post #30563 of 30570 Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyneric View Post

Another one hooked

For sale: Definitive Technology PM600 HTIB, Silver Ticket 92" Fixed frame Aluminum PJ Screen. PM for any interests :)
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
post #30564 of 30570 Old Today, 01:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I keep reading that when you set your receiver to LFE+Main, assuming you have capable mains like the 215, the bass ends up being boomy and bloated.

My question is, can you not have it setup this way and then eq your subs down?
post #30565 of 30570 Old Today, 03:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotJun View Post
I keep reading that when you set your receiver to LFE+Main, assuming you have capable mains like the 215, the bass ends up being boomy and bloated.

Yes.. That's LFE+mains in Audysessy is I assume like Plus mode in MCACC. For movies, this setting just don't work well. But with music? All they way. I guess music is rhythmatic. But movies, it's so dynamic the LFE is everywhere. In return becomes boomy with this setting.
I assume there's a way to dialed them in together in this mode. But to see what's going on you need to run sweeps. And see the graphs. But REW won't let you do this. It'll only do sweeps if your mains are set to small and XO to subs. Or NO to subs and set front mains to Large.

Last edited by rhed; Today at 03:26 AM.
post #30566 of 30570 Old Today, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Official JTR speaker thread

Quote:
Yes.. That's LFE+mains in Audysessy is I assume like Plus mode in MCACC. For movies, this setting just don't work well. But with music? All they way. I guess music is rhythmatic. But movies, it's so dynamic the LFE is everywhere. In return becomes boomy with this setting.
I assume there's a way to dialed them in together in this mode. But to see what's going on you need to run sweeps. And see the graphs. But REW won't let you do this. It'll only do sweeps if your mains are set to small and XO to subs. Or NO to subs and set front mains to Large.

Really? I didn't know rew had this limitation. Does the other measuring software, sorry it's 6am and I just can't remember the name of it right now, have the same limitation?

Wait, how does rew even know how your receiver has its speaker settings at when rew is upstream from the receiver, and why would rew even care?

Last edited by DotJun; Today at 06:24 AM.
post #30567 of 30570 Old Today, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Really? I didn't know rew had this limitation. Does the other measuring software, sorry it's 6am and I just can't remember the name of it right now, have the same limitation?

Wait, how does rew even know how your receiver has its speaker settings at when rew is upstream from the receiver, and why would rew even care?
I have no idea.. I'm no software tech savoy. Hopefully one of the bro's here that does will chime in. But I tried so many times. REW won't send out a sweep if you have yes to subs and set large to mains.
post #30568 of 30570 Old Today, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
@MiniHT I went up to Harley the other day to finish a couple things and I was wondering around for a little bit and they have stereo upgrades and you can A/B each series. I actually think the stock Nav/speaker system sounds really good. However I listed to the upgraded speaker and amp set up and it really sounds sooooo much better, deeper and fuller. I am going to look into so other off market set ups, but for now, I am pretty happy with the tunes and right now money is going into the internal sound system Would be cool to drop in 4 single 8's and a sub in the trunk! hmmmmmm

What are you back in Estell Manor area. I cut through there to go to May Landing and I actually like those long wooded roads, I would live out there. There are people that believe if you are 10 miles off the parkway, you are indeed a shoobie to. LOL. As far as the shoobies, I cannot stand them either, but they bring in the entire economy other than some things the region provides, so you just have to deal with it and smile. On the other hand, I love going to my local grocery store and there being 100's of hot chicks and some in just plain bikinis and the other with the see throughs. Shoobies do have their perks.

Nice I think you should talk to Jeff and see if he can make you a nice upgrade... Hmm.. a low profile OS should do the trick for the trunk!

Excellent guess! Yup, right on the Estell/Dorothy border.. I agree 100%.. those long wooded roads are a beautiful thing! Quite a few houses up for sale here... most have a good amount of land tho (5+acres) which as you can imagine.. really jacks up the price. Ha.. well I guess I've been going to the wrong grocery store! I'm sure it's a nice little treat until you get that 50yr old that still thinks she's hot stuff wearing something her daughter wouldn't even wear!
post #30569 of 30570 Old Today, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylorman32 View Post
I'd love to see some pics of those 3 S2's in your theater! I cant imagine how sick that is

I'll post a few pics when I'm all finished up.. though you won't really be able to see too much. It's an all velvet black pit with an AT screen. I had to flip the S2's 180deg so they could squeeze behind the screen. I used the S2's as stands for my LCR (S8's). It's coming along great but I'm at the stage now where it's fully functional.... so I've been spending way too much time watching movies and not enough time finishing up odds and ends.

Be sure to post pics of the revised beasts when you get them... would be cool to see a few close ups of the new drivers
Naylorman32 likes this.
post #30570 of 30570 Old Today, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1397 Post(s)
Liked: 979
Quote:

The bass won't be bloated if you have the mains and subs time aligned correctly. I do this by running a continuous sweep through the omnimic and making changes to the distance settings of the subs until it's as smooth as possible. The trick is though that you also have to have the center channel time aligned with the subs - AND - the L and R. This is tricky.

IMO for guys that have the 215's and subs it is a lot easier to just run the 215's as small for movies and then large with no subs for 2 channel music.
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page