Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1037 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #31081 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 309
@Asim
^^^^Full range to 40hz is what the 210RT does. Sounds like Dolby Atmos is going to be expensive.

I'm going to try to work within Dolby's recommendation but 7.1 has already broke me till next year. Maybe by then Jeff will have a semi-affordable option or I'll just have to live with a 80hz XO.

Chris

Last edited by countryWV; Today at 09:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31082 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Imho the worst part of his posting (and it's not isolated it to this thread) and painting style is he now represents he erksine design group. They should have read his posting habits before bringing him on imho because his posting tact would be a big reason I would NOT go with them

I agree. I like what @Dennis Erskine does and the knowledge he has shared on these forums. But if the trolling of @Mfusick is how he wants to represent his company on one of the largest home theater forums, then forget about using that company.
post #31083 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
Imho the worst part of his posting (and it's not isolated it to this thread) and posting style is he now represents the erksine design group. They should have read his posting habits before bringing him on imho because his posting tact would be a big reason I would NOT go with them
Then this is why he comes off as a JBL plant and an ID company Hater. Thanks for pointing this out. Now his posts make since knowing He has an Agenda.
stitch1, Jeff Permanian and nash23 like this.

Chris
post #31084 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryWV View Post
Then this is why he comes off as a JBL plant and an ID company Hater. Thanks for pointing this out. Now his posts make since knowing He has an Agenda.
Maybe just ignore his comments like you do with ads that popup.
countryWV likes this.

Panasonic PT-AE7000 | Denon 4311 | Emotiva XPA-2/5 | JTR Noesis 21RM (C) | JTR Single 8ht-LP for LR | Deftech Procinema 1000 surrounds | Seaton Submersive HPi+/Slave Subwoofers
post #31085 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
@Asoofi
^^^^Full range to 40hz is what the 210RT does. Sounds like Dolby Atmos is going to be expensive.

I'm going to try to work within Dolby's recommendation but 7.1 has already broke me till next year. Maybe by then Jeff will have a semi-affordable option or I'll just have to live with a 80hz XO.
I think if Jeff does shoot to meet the 40hz spec...it could be a bookshelf or close to s8 size...hopefully.
countryWV likes this.

---------------------------------------------------------------
current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #31086 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash23 View Post
Maybe just ignore his comments like you do with ads that popup.
I dislike having to ignore or overlook rudeness and bad behavior but that seems like the solution.

Chris
post #31087 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
@Asim

I don't think I'll be able to crack Hoffman's Iron Law. Speakers need to be larger or give up output in order to gain lowend. Personally, I like letting the subwoofers do the heavy lifting. Or mains with a couple 15"s in a 10cu/ft enclosure.
carp, stitch1, asoofi1 and 1 others like this.
post #31088 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Permanian View Post
I don't think I'll be able to crack Hoffman's Iron Law. Speakers need to be larger or give up output in order to gain lowend. Personally, I like letting the subwoofers do the heavy lifting. Or mains with a couple 15"s in a 10cu/ft enclosure.
Ah Jeff.. I was just about to reply regarding Hoffman and his Iron Law, but you beat me to the punch

4 210rt on the ceiling!!! Now that would be a sight to see.

Panasonic PT-AE7000 | Denon 4311 | Emotiva XPA-2/5 | JTR Noesis 21RM (C) | JTR Single 8ht-LP for LR | Deftech Procinema 1000 surrounds | Seaton Submersive HPi+/Slave Subwoofers
post #31089 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm back to the S8 series being the Perfect speaker for surrounds/atmos with any JTR system. 3 different cabinet options is plenty for HT.

Chris
post #31090 of 31093 Unread Today, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That's what confused me about dolby's constant reference to 'full range surrounds'...even in the home theater atmos guide...confusing why dolby keeps using this verbiage when it's not a practical application.

How close to 40hz do you plan to get or when can we expect to hear more details for your overheads?

current gear: lcr JTR 212HT ~ quad JTR 8LP ~ dual JTR Orbit Shifters LFU ~ Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #31091 of 31093 Unread Today, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
That's what confused me about dolby's constant reference to 'full range surrounds'...even in the home theater atmos guide...confusing why dolby keeps using this verbiage when it's not a practical application.

How close to 40hz do you plan to get or when can we expect to hear more details for your overheads?
I agree it's a bit confusing. I have the guide open on one tab and will take a read on lunch hr. BTW @asoofi1 how far do you sit from your 150" screen? And you have the Panny ae8000 correct?

For sale: 2x Seaton Submersive 2400 HP Models. Definitive Technology PM600 HTIB. PM for any interests :)
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
post #31092 of 31093 Unread Today, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
I agree it's a bit confusing. I have the guide open on one tab and will take a read on lunch hr. BTW @asoofi1 how far do you sit from your 150" screen? And you have the Panny ae8000 correct?
Yes, the 8000 panasonic with a 176" 2.35 and 17' feet is first...and only row...until I push back a wall for another row.

I believe in a 1:1 ht seating/screen ratio; width of screen = distance of first row.

post #31093 of 31093 Unread Today, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
So, just to make sure we are clear. You don't like JTR products, you disagree with anyone that recommends JTR products, you cast poor wording to shine a negative light towards JTR, and yet you don't offer what it is you disagree or don't like about them. So, why do you keep posting in this thread? You said a few pages back this wasn't the thread for you, yet here you are.
This is not accurate at all. I have no serious opinion of JTR in any direction, and generally view them as well designed speakers. I've posted this a bunch of times, even directly to you personally, and even in this thread recently Don't misunderstand me please.

My opinion on accurate speaker measurements being available for speakers and from speaker MFG is universal, and I've said the exact same thing in almost every speaker thread or conversation when the topic came up.

This was the only thread I really ever experienced a serious backlash and was told flat out that measurements don't matter, and it would not matter what they were because some people just like JTR speakers. Which look I can totally respect someone opinion and their right to have it, even if I strongly disagree with it. I never expect my opinion on measurements to somehow manifest and twist into what it has. You guys were talking about cars, movies, all sorts of off topic stuff but when the topic of measurements came up about the actual product everyone quickly shut it down. Doc got flamed out for even suggesting speakers should be accurate, and add nothing, take nothing away, from the original. I disagreed and I am passionate on the subject of the measurements, but don't misrepresent that as something else please. I was genuine in my desire to see some measurements and talk about that, the importance of such and I never expected the result that some people don't want them, need them, or care about them. That was honestly shocking to me. I just unsubscribed to this thread, you won't see me here again.

I never posted anything negative about any specific JTR speakers either. My feelings about accurate measurements are universal to all brands without prejudice or change, and I value accurate measurements above subjective opinion or faith. I feel like the first important part of speaker is to be accurate and true to the source and without measurements it's just really hard to even have a strong opinion, negative or positive. I don't at all dislike JTR speakers, I have heard them many times and they sounded good to me. The speaker design of the ones I have seen looks pretty solid (low XO, good directivity attention, high efficiency,) and the parts seem to be very high quality. I think some of you might be putting words in my mouth in this area, because you did not agree with the accurate measurements part. In any case, I am sincerly sorry to cause any offense. I hope you understand my position, and I will respect yours. I have unsubscribed from this thread, so I won't be following or commenting further.

If anyone wants to carry on please start a new thread, link me, or PM me- which ever is most appropriate. Thanks

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply Speakers

Tags
215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page