Mfusick was never on the audio forums a year ago. I spend way too much time here and have done so for many, many years even before I signed up in 2003 I was a lurker for a long time and in all those years I never saw him. I have been told he was king of the HTPC forum up until 9 months or so ago.
Anyway, the first time I ever saw him was when he was on the list to go to Andrew's last GTG (Gorilla83) this last winter. The guys I know that were there say he seemed nice enough but it was hard to tell because he was a very quiet guy so not much was thought of it until after the GTG was over and for days he ripped the setup of the GTG (can anyone imagine doing this after someone invites you into their home, feeds you, gives you beer, gives you access to hear multiple expensive speakers, etc. ?)
WHAT THE HELL....
Since then he has been everywhere, and I mean everywhere in the audio forums. I think I post a lot and spend too much time here but he makes me feel like I'm normal - haha, not a chance of that though....
Back to JTR. Here is what I think happened.
1. He has always had a big problem with speaker companies not providing measurements of their speakers. The more he learns about the science of audio the more it angers him that in 2015 we still have speaker companies that don't do this. Unacceptable.
2. He goes to a GTG at Andrew's and hears some speakers. One set of speakers from a company called JTR do not sound good to him.
3. He realizes through the GTG thread that this JTR company has a lot of positive buzz on his beloved forum.
4. He goes to the JTR site looking for measurments... sure enough, like many others there are none. What?!?!?! How can all these idiots like these speakers that he didn't like and the company doesn't even post measurements!!! These people have all drunk the JTR kool-aid and the gushing subjective reviews that are all over this forum and causing people to have a pre-conceived notion before they hear JTR's that they will sound great, and so when they do hear them they really believe that they sound great - even though he knows first hand that they aren't all that.
5. It's time to help these people. They will be shown the light that the emperor has no clothes. Sure, many speaker companies don't post measurements but none seem to have the positive buzz that the JTR company does and these ignorant people need his help. Yes indeed, he will set his sights on JTR.
That's my theory anyway. I have no problem with his wanting companies to show their measurements. I would love that! My problem is that he is trying to take down a company. I know that is a strong statement but it has to be true with post after post, thread after thread, month after month, of JTR bashing.
That post of Jonathan's shows how he will partially quote, mis-quote, misrepresent etc. whatever it takes to make JTR look bad.
His past comments like, "JTR represents everything that is wrong with avs forum" and "the JTR 215 is an offensive design" are just 2 very small examples of his literally hundreds of posts that mention JTR in a negative light. Some in room threads, some in speaker owner threads, most in diy threads but the comments are everywhere.
It's clear he won't stop.
He PM'd me an apology after I posted some of his negative JTR comments and said he wouldn't do it anymore. He can't help himself. He'll stop for a week - at the most - and then he's back at it again.
I know it's silly to even care... but it sucks because 1 guy has taken a lot of the fun out of the forum.