Official JTR speaker thread - Page 1065 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #31921 of 31921 Old Today, 06:46 AM
Señor Member
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on going from 3 - 2013 model 212HT's (rosewood veneer, metal horn) to 3 new 210RT's?

The 212's are behind an AT screen. I am about 60/40 music/movies and also have 4 power sound audio Triax subs. It is a tough decision, I really love the sound of the 212's but wonder how the 210's might sound full range. I also wonder if I would miss the efficiency of the 212's.

Each 212 is powered by a bridged inuke 3000 DSP, I cross them over at 120hz. There are two Triax's behind the AT screen and two behind my MLP. The screen is 120 inch 16:9 and it is very crowded with each Triax being 30 inches wide and each 212 being 16.5 inches wide. The 210's would free up about a foot of room behind the screen.

I understand the need to gain more space laterally behind the screen and if you wanted to run the 210's full range for music it would be a nice upgrade. But those subs well integrated with the 212's you are already there and 6db more efficient.

I would like a pair of 210's for the family room but they need to be pretty and I'm not sure an auto paint or wood grain finish is enough.

HToM Extraordinary Evolution

Opinions are not facts.
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

215RT , 228ht , captivator , Jtr , Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp
Gear in this thread - 215RT by

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page